Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Good thread, read every page and happy to say i've bought myself an Ego which to be brutally honest i've neglected since i've purchased it, but with the new year and new change etc its time to get stuck in.

Just a couple of etiquette questions i guess :D One question that everyone seems to ask is about the flavours and that has me too, do the veteran smokers stick to one flavour throughout the day or switch a lot? I should mention that i bought a drip tip with my Ego, so is it wise to not use many different flavours by dripping or would i have to clean it out before using a new flavour?

And lastly, say in preparation for the pub/nightclub experience. Exactly what tools and ammunition do we need to bring with us? :D Bottle of liquid? Spare battery? I'd just like to hear the seasoned users views on that, its one that im struggling to get my head around, but im very confident that if i manage to find flavours that i really enjoy, and get used to knowing what attire i need to carry with me in order to smoke throughout the day, i'll be fully converted.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Just a quick update:)
    Just got my eGo and my impressions are....God, why didn't I order it earlier? Why was i so skeptical??? I got it together with watermelon juice and it's absolutely delicious! Delivery took just one day, ordered it from thevopurstore.ie, 1st class product i really love it!:) Can't wait for my other juices from enjuice website!
    Happy New Year And Happy Vapouring to All of You!:)

oh just forgot to add:)
    Compared the taste of watermelon to the analog and was shocked:) analogs are disgusting:) and i still have 1.5 packs left...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

gilmour wrote: »
    Good thread, read every page and happy to say i've bought myself an Ego which to be brutally honest i've neglected since i've purchased it, but with the new year and new change etc its time to get stuck in.

Just a couple of etiquette questions i guess :D One question that everyone seems to ask is about the flavours and that has me too, do the veteran smokers stick to one flavour throughout the day or switch a lot? I should mention that i bought a drip tip with my Ego, so is it wise to not use many different flavours by dripping or would i have to clean it out before using a new flavour?

And lastly, say in preparation for the pub/nightclub experience. Exactly what tools and ammunition do we need to bring with us? :D Bottle of liquid? Spare battery? I'd just like to hear the seasoned users views on that, its one that im struggling to get my head around, but im very confident that if i manage to find flavours that i really enjoy, and get used to knowing what attire i need to carry with me in order to smoke throughout the day, i'll be fully converted.

Bring a spare battery and a bottle of liquid when you go out.I usually change flavours a few times and dont bother cleaning it out ,you'll be vaping the new flavours after a few puffs.I have the ego as well and it's very good

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

gilmour wrote: »

Get one of the Ego PCC cases like: http://www.ivapour.co.uk/janty-ego/janty-ego-spares/janty-ego-pcc.html

That way you always have one battery being charged to full while vaping on your other one as well as having a 10ml bottle to carry juice. Recharge the PCC overnight then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

I have tried the Jasper and Jasper Revive Kit over the last couple of days and also the Ecirette Pack from Londis. Out of the box both devices are tame with very little vapour and poor throat hit. I dont know how the girlie bloke on U Tube manages to produce the Vapour shown there. The Londis kit is slightly better. I smoke SilkCut Blue and have failed to get a hit from either pack. First time use so do not have anything to compare them to.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

dubguy45 wrote: »
    I have tried the Jasper and Jasper Revive Kit over the last couple of days and also the Ecirette Pack from Londis. Out of the box both devices are tame with very little vapour and poor throat hit. I dont know how the girlie bloke on U Tube manages to produce the Vapour shown there. The Londis kit is slightly better. I smoke SilkCut Blue and have failed to get a hit from either pack. First time use so do not have anything to compare them to.

The Ecirette appears to be a 510 so throat hit should be good. As usual dodgy attomisers could also be a problem if you were unlucky and got a bad one but in case the pre-filled carts you get with it are low nicotine I would grab an 18mg 5ml bottle from thevapourstore or elsewhere to try with this device. It may improve the experience.

mewso wrote: »
    I would grab an 18mg 5ml bottle from thevapourstore
    i can't find any liquid other than tobacco stronger than 16 mg...or am i looking in a wrong place?

The Ecirette appears to be a 510 so throat hit should be good. As usual dodgy attomisers could also be a problem if you were unlucky and got a bad one but in case the pre-filled carts you get with it are low nicotine I would grab an 18mg 5ml bottle from thevapourstore or elsewhere to try with this device. It may improve the experience.

Thanks for the advice. I got some liquid and put a few drops into the Jasper and Jasper pre filled cartridge and this did improve things. Got some raw liquid on my tongue, not nice. Not sure if I was correct adding drops to a pre filled cartridge, perhaps that could be clarified.
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Nonamigo wrote: »
    i can't find any liquid other than tobacco stronger than 16 mg...or am i looking in a wrong place?

Sorry I didn't check the site so you know more than me on that one. I only mention the irish guys because of the quick delivery.

• Advertisement

dubguy45 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I got some liquid and put a few drops into the Jasper and Jasper pre filled cartridge and this did improve things. Got some raw liquid on my tongue, not nice. Not sure if I was correct adding drops to a pre filled cartridge, perhaps that could be clarified.
    Thanks.

It should be fine as long as the cart is dry. If it is still wet and you want to put your own liquid in then take out the filler material and dry it using some tissue, replace and drip your own stuff in.

mewso, you seem to be the most experienced here, so I'll ask you:)
    Where do you buy e-liquid at? what website? can you recommend any nice fruity stuff?:)))

mewso, you seem to be the most experienced here, so I'll ask you:)
    Where do you buy e-liquid at? what website? can you recommend any nice fruity stuff?:)))

I'm not a big fan of fruity stuff anymore but enJuice can't really be beaten for quality. My first port of call is usually Liberty Flights as I like their Tobacco liquids over others.

It should be fine as long as the cart is dry. If it is still wet and you want to put your own liquid in then take out the filler material and dry it using some tissue, replace and drip your own stuff in.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

How many puffs will give me the equivalent of 1 cigarette?
    Some folks take about 15-20 puffs and treat that as a cigarette but it's impossible to know. Others (including me) puff on it constantly. Perhaps the equivilent of 5 puffs every 10-15 minutes or so. It's about what satisfies your needs not someone elses. It's not a cigarette.

Am I using it right?, it seems to be burning the back of my throat, sometimes a lot comes out, some times not enough comes out.
    How do I know when it needs to be refilled?

As I said the material should be very wet at all times. Burnt taste or little vapour is a sure sign of not enough liquid in the cartridge. Low vapour can also mean a bad atomiser and if thats the case the best solution is unfortunately to simply use another. You have a Riva kit. Some of those kits come with a standard attomiser and a low resistance attomiser. These will perform quite differently, the low res. one burning hotter and providing a stronger throat hit but going through liquid faster. Also give dripping a try to see if you prefer that (3 drops directly onto the attomiser replace cart on top and you'll get 6 or 7 puffs before it goes dry)

Thanks for the information mewso.
    I've began taking 15-20 puffs over the space of 10 minutes every 90 minutes or so and it seems to be working. But 2 puffs per drop? I'm getting more than that. I guess that could mean that I'm still not doing it right.

Shazanne wrote: »
    This sounds like a good plan to me too - will be very interested in hearing the answers and how you are getting on!

I've been both smoking and vaping for around 2 weeks at this stage. I've managed to cut my smoking down to under 10 a day now. I'm getting half my nicotene from vaping, the other half from smoking. This approach seems to be working for me because my mind is gradually warming to the method of getting a fix from a vaporiser.
    When I first got it I wasn't really sure how to use it which meant that my nicotine cravings weren't being satisfied.
    As time goes by, I've started noticing that I'm preferring the vaporizer more and more. Lighting up a cigarette feels more more like an obligation than vaping.
    It's still early days yet, but I think doing both vaping and smoking for a time should work. Personally I've had so many miserable failures of attempts at quitting that I just don't even want to have to deal with the sudden breaking of habbits and routines that comes with quitting.

Right now it's smoke, 1 hour later vape, 90 minutes later smoke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

uh.. bit of a problem on my end

my spare riva 510 battery was in the charger and when I tried to take it out, because i knew it was empty but the charger hadnt registered as charging, the battery took out a section of the charger with it.. so there is now a bit of the charger stuck to the battery and the charger is just kaput.

because of the bank holiday on monday the earliest I could get a replacement battery and charger is wednesday, if the vapourstore stocks the correct ones.. but is there anything else I could do? I think I read here that tesco are selling disposable e cigs, is that every tesco ? or just a few in dublin.

off the cigarettes just over 4 weeks now... really dont want to buy a packet of fags tomorrow, dont even know if I'll be able to smoke them.. last time I tried I felt sick. should I just resign myself to being a crabby irritable bastard for the next couple of days until my replacements arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

uh.. bit of a problem on my end

my spare riva 510 battery was in the charger and when I tried to take it out, because i knew it was empty but the charger hadnt registered as charging, the battery took out a section of the charger with it.. so there is now a bit of the charger stuck to the battery and the charger is just kaput.

because of the bank holiday on monday the earliest I could get a replacement battery and charger is wednesday, if the vapourstore stocks the correct ones.. but is there anything else I could do? I think I read here that tesco are selling disposable e cigs, is that every tesco ? or just a few in dublin.

off the cigarettes just over 4 weeks now... really dont want to buy a packet of fags tomorrow, dont even know if I'll be able to smoke them.. last time I tried I felt sick. should I just resign myself to being a crabby irritable bastard for the next couple of days until my replacements arrive?

Ouch,
    Hmm, maybe you could devise some sort of contraption involving a sauspan of water -> steam going into one of the (e-liquid filled) cartridges for the atomiser??

From what I've read here you can buy e-cig related goods in a few Londis shops around Dublin city centre.

i've ordered a new fast charger and a larger battery from thevapourstore.. just gotta hold out till it arrives

might get some rolling tobacco from my flatmates and try to space a rollup over the course of a day.

Hey lads, need your help asap:)
    I only have 1 tobacco flavor liquid until wednsday when my order from ejuice will arrive. And the one I have is just too strong. Could you tell me any place in Dublin where I can buy some pg or glycerin to mix with my e-juice to make it a bit lighter? Also what to look at when buying glycerin? And are there any places I can buy syringes from? I mean in Dublin:)
    Please help a newbee:)
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

Hey lads, need your help asap:)
    I only have 1 tobacco flavor liquid until wednsday when my order from ejuice will arrive. And the one I have is just too strong. Could you tell me any place in Dublin where I can buy some pg or glycerin to mix with my e-juice to make it a bit lighter? Also what to look at when buying glycerin? And are there any places I can buy syringes from? I mean in Dublin:)
    Please help a newbee:)
    Cheers

Any chemist should have glycerin, usually called glycerin BP. Chemists will also be able to provide you with a syringe. Add some distilled or ionised water at 1 part to 4 parts glycerin to thin it down a little before mixing with your juice. I would suggest doing a small mix to start with to make sure it's ok for you. As an alternative to water you can thin the glycerin with vodka at the same proportions.

• Advertisement

Thanks. is it like this one?

Thanks. is it like this one?

Yes, that's the stuff

i've ordered a new fast charger and a larger battery from thevapourstore.. just gotta hold out till it arrives

might get some rolling tobacco from my flatmates and try to space a rollup over the course of a day.

If I didn't have flu I would gladly give you one of my chargers but I'm confined to me leaba at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Anyone using the Janty Stick V3 ?
    http://www.ivapour.co.uk/janty-stick-1/janty-stick-set/janty-stick-v3.html

3 days off the smokes now and finding the car journeys the hardest, problem being that I like smoking but dislike the negative health aspect.

Theres lots of recommendations around but after reading this thread still have no idea whats best to try out.

Im Irish but based over in Holland so any UK/European store recommendations would be good.

puttputt wrote: »
    Yes, that's the stuff
    Sorry for being a pain in the ...:)
    I couldn't find that one anywhere so i picked this one. Just double checking, is it fine to use it? Cheers

Sorry for being a pain in the ...:)
    I couldn't find that one anywhere so i picked this one. Just double checking, is it fine to use it? Cheers

Yes, that's fine. Good luck with the mixing, just mix small quantities at first to make sure you're happy with the result.

If I didn't have flu I would gladly give you one of my chargers but I'm confined to me leaba at the moment.

hehe, i've always kind of ignored the flu season.. it never really hits home how serious it is until it affects me personally :(

thanks all the same :) im trying to vape less today, so hopefully I can still get some use out of my one remaining working battery tomorrow and then willpower can hold me over until (odin willing) my order from the vapourstore arrives on wednesday

on a slightly similar note, does anyone know of any true usb passthroughs for the riva 510? i've seen a few online that are basically just batteries that are recharged while you're using it.. but that'd be absolutely awful for the battery life wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

on a slightly similar note, does anyone know of any true usb passthroughs for the riva 510? i've seen a few online that are basically just batteries that are recharged while you're using it.. but that'd be absolutely awful for the battery life wouldn't it?

Nearly all USB passthroughs except some of the high voltage ones work on that principle. Handy to have one as a backup incase you have major battery/charger problems. They have a limited life because of the battery being involved though.

An option that doesn't use a battery is something like this: http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=58

I have one, don't use it much at all but it's handy to have around just in case.

might pick one up in a month or two.

battery just died completely now, hope the vapourstore is as quick with the delivery this time as they were the last time I ordered.

--edit

dear god, rolling tobacco is disgusting. my horror at the taste and smoke is being just about evenly balanced with my burning desire for nicotine

• Advertisement

got my juices from enjuice.co.uk today. Kinda dissapointed. Very little to no flavors. Apple has no flavor, black cherry has very little flavor, coffee is somewhat ok, weird tho:), silver highland mist is disgusting, imho, the only one i liked is apple pie with custard, can't taste any custard tho:)
    Don't want to risk any more and would love to try some DIY. Where can I get some unflovered nicotine and some flavors? Any tips on how to mix all that stuff? Well, first i need to buy it somewhere:)

Advertisement