Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

cc-offe wrote: »
    I'd like to order some liquid from thevapourstore.ie before 3pm tomorrow so that i'd get it on friday so if anyone has any suggestions for what to get then that would be great. No menthol or fruit flavours just tobacco please if anyone has already ordered and has one to recommend.
    How long would 30ml last does anyone know?

My boyfriend is off work at the mo but we'll obviously need to buy another kit for when he goes back so we can have the extra charger and spare cigarettes.
    I also saw on another Youtube video that there was this guy using a charger case (for a joy brand e-cigarette) but he said he charged his jasper and jasper cigarette in it and although it didn't fit perfectly it still charged it so if anyone has any input on these charger cases as well then that would be great!

One to try is RY4 - bit of a marmite (love it or hate it) liquid but probably worth trying. The Vapour Store has some of the basic chinese stuff and it's worth giving some a try, Hilton, MarlB but it's impossible to say which you will like.

The charger is probaly the 510 PCC which is quite handy but since I use mainly eGo batteries now I don't use mine anymore really.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

mewso wrote: »
    One to try is RY4 - bit of a marmite (love it or hate it) liquid but probably worth trying. The Vapour Store has some of the basic chinese stuff and it's worth giving some a try, Hilton, MarlB but it's impossible to say which you will like.

The charger is probaly the 510 PCC which is quite handy but since I use mainly eGo batteries now I don't use mine anymore really.

Great, thank you, i'm going to order some later, I probably will move from the Jasper and Jasper at some stage but I got it into my head yesterday I was going to buy one today and that was the only one available to buy in a shop near me.
    I could actually be wrong in thinking I can use the liquid with the Jasper and Jasper e-cigs, the only reason I think I can is because that curly haired guy on youtube said sometimes he puts a couple of drops in to it, I'm presuming he means dropping it on to the atomiser instead of into the empty (pre filled) cartridge, does that sound right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm presuming he means dropping it on to the atomiser instead of into the empty (pre filled) cartridge, does that sound right?

You can do either.

Just on the vapour store website again and there's a notice saying they will be closed on thursday the 6th and there will be no orders dispatched, typical!!:mad:

Any other next day delivery websites in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Just tried my joye ego after receiving it this evening.

Bit wierd .. took a while to figure out how to put it together.

Tried the Marlboro Medium flavour cartridges .. wtf .. nothing like marlboro, more like ribena or something.

Got two liquids with it (mint and strawberry) so may try that whole dripping craic.

Can I refill the cartridges that came with it once their empty ?

Is it better to store it upright rather than on its side to avoid leakage ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Tried the Marlboro Medium flavour cartridges .. wtf .. nothing like marlboro, more like ribena or something.

Got two liquids with it (mint and strawberry) so may try that whole dripping craic.

I have the ego as well and I love it ,one of the best e-cigs i've tried so far.Just drip the juice on top of the pre filled cartridge and you'll get the vape in a few puffs.I try not to throw out carts as there is really no need unless the filler is completely fecked

Store the liquid upright or it can leak after a while ,I have a box of liquids up stairs and noticed one has leaked on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

You can refill the carts, I find the easiest way is to add some drops to the filler without removing it. Add drops until it is just short of pooling, if it's a little too wet just soak up the excess with some tissue. If you wish you can remove, wash out and dry the filler before adding new liquid but I find that's too much faffing about and not necessary, though you may get some crossover of flavours.

Unless the filler is really soaked you shouldn't get any leaking no matter what way it is stored.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

Great, thank you, i'm going to order some later, I probably will move from the Jasper and Jasper at some stage but I got it into my head yesterday I was going to buy one today and that was the only one available to buy in a shop near me.
    I could actually be wrong in thinking I can use the liquid with the Jasper and Jasper e-cigs, the only reason I think I can is because that curly haired guy on youtube said sometimes he puts a couple of drops in to it, I'm presuming he means dropping it on to the atomiser instead of into the empty (pre filled) cartridge, does that sound right?

Just to say that the Jasper and Jasper has a small plastic container as its refill and no spunge like material.

dubguy45 wrote: »
    Just to say that the Jasper and Jasper has a small plastic container as its refill and no spunge like material.

Thanks I noticed that earlier when it fell out when I took a new cartridge from the pack and I thought it was just an empty shell :eek:

Just ordered the eGo from thebestshop.eu with the extra long batteries, some empty cartridges and e-liquid,

I do like the Jasper and Jasper but battery life is crap and I find I have to count out every inhalation or the cartridges are running out very quick.

I'm going to chance bringing the Jasper and Jasper back to the shop and saying I'm not getting as many inhalations as I expected (which i'm not) and see if they'll refund me.

I have refilled the Jasper cartridge with e-liquid as a test and it does work but will need more time to confirm how good an idea it is. I find the battery not bad but am still on cigarettes and dont really see how these things replace them. Consider the kit in the Londis shops as they can be refilled and cost €19.99 to try. Battery is not great. E-liquid also available there.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

I have refilled the Jasper cartridge with e-liquid as a test and it does work but will need more time to confirm how good an idea it is. I find the battery not bad but am still on cigarettes and dont really see how these things replace them. Consider the kit in the Londis shops as they can be refilled and cost €19.99 to try. Battery is not great. E-liquid also available there.
    Cheers.

I only had half a cigarette today and i'm on my second cartridge, usually smoke around 10 John player a day, how many cartridges are you using a day?

Sorry but cannot answer that question as I am smoking too many cigarettes at the moment and only using the e-stuff infrequently. I am using a refilled Jasper cartridge at the moment with 18mg e-liquid and will let you know how it goes. Its easier to just smoke tobacco.

I actually had a 'stealth vape' in the cinema today but to be honest it was empty in there and the Jasper & Jasper ones don't really have a huge amount of vapour.
    This latest pack of cartridges didn't have the silver blister pack keeping them sterile in the pack which was odd but I didn't have any other ones left so had no choice but 2 use them.

Are you getting any decent vapour from the Jasper. The empty cartridge I filled did not last long. First couple of drags produce good vapour but thats all. Im not really happy with the e-ciggs and that chap on utube is misleading. They are not performing as good as he suggests. 100+ drags from a cartridge with lots of vapour, I dont think so.
    Cheers.

Not really no, same as you I get some good vapour for the first couple of drags, that's about it, I get better vapour if I cover one of the holes with my finger but it makes it run out quicker.
    That guy on youtube is very misleading, on another video he gets 196 inhalations out of 1 cartridge and he gets loads of vapour....he has to be topping it up because there's no way that's all out of one cartridge.

I'm doing really well on them because I only had half a smoke today half yesterday and i'm really really surprised at that because I'm a smoker who actually loves smoking and the Jasper ones are far from consistent.

I've ordered an Joye eGo and i'm hoping to get it on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheQueen

What an informative thread!

I started using the intellicig on Sunday. So far so good, have had a couple of cigarettes over the week but getting used to the e-cig now.

Has anyone used intellicig?

I think this is going to work for me.

Smoking nearly 20 years, 20+ a day and nothing has worked so far.

Not really no, same as you I get some good vapour for the first couple of drags, that's about it, I get better vapour if I cover one of the holes with my finger but it makes it run out quicker.
    That guy on youtube is very misleading, on another video he gets 196 inhalations out of 1 cartridge and he gets loads of vapour....he has to be topping it up because there's no way that's all out of one cartridge.

I'm doing really well on them because I only had half a smoke today half yesterday and i'm really really surprised at that because I'm a smoker who actually loves smoking and the Jasper ones are far from consistent.

I've ordered an Joye eGo and i'm hoping to get it on monday.

Good for you with the progress, well done. Please let me know how you get on with the eGo as I think we are somewhat on the same lines. Im not convinced there will be much difference between all the different types of e-ciggs but hope im wrong as I do need to stop smoking. Im not too bothered about battery life, but a decent drag for an extended time is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Good for you with the progress, well done. Please let me know how you get on with the eGo as I think we are somewhat on the same lines. Im not convinced there will be much difference between all the different types of e-ciggs but hope im wrong as I do need to stop smoking. Im not too bothered about battery life, but a decent drag for an extended time is required.

I would definitely recommend ego. Got it a week ago myself and really happy I did. At first I couldn't really taste it too much. More like getting a vapor (good amount I have to admit) and a strong throat hit. But now I'm starting to see the difference in different flavors as well. Also I do a dripping method which is applying just two drops of juice directly onto atomizer and it gives me 5-6 good drags. Usually I feel satisfied after that in the same way as I was after smoking a whole marlboro light BUT without stinky smoke:) it actually leaves some nice aftertaste as you would get after eating, let's say, an apple or drunk a cup of coffee. So yeah, get an ago, it's a nice device.
    Also I gave it to try to two friends of mine. One is going to order same ego, he liked it that much. Another friend was just curious, he gave up smoking a year ago and just wanted to compare to real thing. From his words it is like smoking with all the feelings you get off a normal fag:)

Thanks for the information. As I have already bought two different e-ciggs I will continue experimenting with what I have for the moment. I give a dose of liquid to the flame and see hoe that goes.

I think the reason I'm doing so well with it isn't because the Jasper is great but it definitely made me believe that with the right e-cig I will stop smoking cigarettes.

Long term I'd never stick with the Jasper, I don't want to be having to count out all my inhalations in case i'm getting through the cartridge faster than i'd like, the cartridge looks like it wouldn't hold much if it's refilled (and you confirmed that to me) and reading about the eGo everyone seems to consider it to be very much like a real cigarette.

I really enjoy smoking, I don't really want to quit, that's why I want something to replace the cigarettes that won't damage my health and that's why i'm feeling really positive now because it was spur of the moment to buy the Jasper in the shop, had a couple of smokes left in my pocket and haven't bought any since.

Battery wise I need something that will last all day so that's another major factor in purchasing the eGo. I'll definitely let you know what the eGo is like, I'll be disappointed now if it's not much better than the Jasper one, I think i've already decided it's the one for me before i've even tried it!

BTW what liquid are you refilling with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

What flavors does londis have on sale?

I think the reason I'm doing so well with it isn't because the Jasper is great but it definitely made me believe that with the right e-cig I will stop smoking cigarettes.

Long term I'd never stick with the Jasper, I don't want to be having to count out all my inhalations in case i'm getting through the cartridge faster than i'd like, the cartridge looks like it wouldn't hold much if it's refilled (and you confirmed that to me) and reading about the eGo everyone seems to consider it to be very much like a real cigarette.

I really enjoy smoking, I don't really want to quit, that's why I want something to replace the cigarettes that won't damage my health and that's why i'm feeling really positive now because it was spur of the moment to buy the Jasper in the shop, had a couple of smokes left in my pocket and haven't bought any since.

Battery wise I need something that will last all day so that's another major factor in purchasing the eGo. I'll definitely let you know what the eGo is like, I'll be disappointed now if it's not much better than the Jasper one, I think i've already decided it's the one for me before i've even tried it!

BTW what liquid are you refilling with?

Using a small bottle marked Tobacco 18mg. bought in NO.8 Store on Baggot St. My first e-liquid so cant compare to anything. I dont think there are any flavours in Londis just Tobacco at different values. Just noticed that the small piece of foil that comes off the cartridge falls into the evaporator thingy and may need to be removed. The e-go does appear to be the business.

Using a small bottle marked Tobacco 18mg. bought in NO.8 Store on Baggot St. My first e-liquid so cant compare to anything. I dont think there are any flavours in Londis just Tobacco at different values. Just noticed that the small piece of foil that comes off the cartridge falls into the evaporator thingy and may need to be removed. The e-go does appear to be the business.

The e-go is the business I have 3 of them and the mega battery and atomiser.When I started using e-cigs I bought the DSE-801 and it was crap.A couple of decent drags then nothing ,pure rubbish tbh.I was going to start smoking again then I bought the joy ego and haven't looked back.Im off the fags 6 months now and I prefer the e-cig to the real thing.I just buy 1 bottle of liquid per week and thats it ,sorted

This Jasper and Jasper crap sounds like it could really put people off e-cigs. Exactly what I was afraid of.

This Jasper and Jasper crap sounds like it could really put people off e-cigs. Exactly what I was afraid of.

You are right but the aim here is to prevent people wasting their money as I have done. I smoked a full pre filled Jasper cartridge last night as a test and got less than 50 drags and thats generous. I will find the right e-cigg with the information on here. The likes of Utube is no good to form an opinion on from company based promos.

You are right but the aim here is to prevent people wasting their money as I have done. I smoked a full pre filled Jasper cartridge last night as a test and got less than 50 drags and thats generous. I will find the right e-cigg with the information on here. The likes of Utube is no good to form an opinion on from company based promos.

I'm glad you are going to try some better e-cigs but bear in mind lots of folks won't. One bad e-cig is enough of an excuse for a smoker to go back to smoking. As addicts part of us just want a reason to go back without feeling too bad (well I tried). A bad first experience with e-cigs will provide just that.

I'm glad you are going to try some better e-cigs but bear in mind lots of folks won't. One bad e-cig is enough of an excuse for a smoker to go back to smoking. As addicts part of us just want a reason to go back without feeling too bad (well I tried). A bad first experience with e-cigs will provide just that.

You are correct mewso ,I was going to start smoking again until I found the right information here.There are a lot of useless e-cigs on the market and as dubguy45 says you tube is not great for getting the right info.It seems to be the same guy in all the e-cig vids.I personally know people that I work with that have ditched the e-cig because of a bad experience.Trying to get people back to it is harder second time round

I take your point. I have family to introduce to e-ciggs but not before I find something good, for the reason you have outlined.

Yea I do agree with you, I've been talking to a few people since I started smoking them and they say oh I must tell so and so about these and I always say wait till I get my new ones because these ones to me don't seem like a long term thing.

I think because I know I have the other ones ordered I don't find them that bad and at the moment they're doing me just fine probably because I know i'm only going to have to put up with them for a couple more days.

My boyfriend had a few drinks in the house last night and so it was a big test for him as he smokes non stop if he is drinking, he borrowed a couple of smokes just in case, he did end up having one and then my computer wouldn't work and I got so frustrated that I ended up having the other one but all in all we're doing really well. He borrowed silk cut blue and we normally smoke John Player and the Jasper ones are definitely more like the Silk cut.

Does the eGo have a button you have to press when you want to take a drag?

• Advertisement

Does the eGo have a button you have to press when you want to take a drag?

It does indeed and I find that better than the e-cig judging the power by how hard you pull on it.I get a great drag every time with the ego

If you were to categorise the e-cig.The DSE-801 and the Jasper would be amature/below standard and the ego would be robust and professional

Advertisement