Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

noxqs wrote: »
    Out of interest, how did you break your SB? I assume it can only be in the fitting for the 510? I can imagine if the atomizer is half unscrewed and you drop it on the floor exactly on the atomizer you may bend the fitting enough. This is pretty much the only likely scenario in my mind - and I make sure that never happens! *knock on wood*

Nothing too obvious. I had been using it with 2 adapters (510 - 901/901 - 510) so I could put a mega atty on it and one day it stopped. Not sure what might have caused it but maybe small movements of the adapters scratched the connector enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Two of my batteries from my dse-801 have commited suicide ,they have smoked themselves to death by themselves ,just lying there on the fireplace! anyone ever have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Doucheman

So I decided 2 weeks ago I'd take the plunge and try out e-cigarettes. Went for the DSE-901 starter kit, and I must say am very happy so far - have only smoked a handful of cigarettes (3 or 4) since getting my e-cig.
    I would thoroughly recommend this for anybody who either wants to try give up, or simply wants a better way of smoking!

Anyway the main reason for this post is to thank Mewso for all the information provided on this thread, it has been invaluable for a vaping newbie like myself.........................................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

O'Prez wrote: »

So how are you finding it? Is it better than the one you were using? Is is closer to smoking the "real thing"? I am still in a somewhat confused state. I am mad to try one of these but just want to be sure I get the one that will be most effective, ie; get me off the fags!!

• Advertisement

Shazanne wrote: »
    So how are you finding it? Is it better than the one you were using? Is is closer to smoking the "real thing"? I am still in a somewhat confused state. I am mad to try one of these but just want to be sure I get the one that will be most effective, ie; get me off the fags!!

I haven't received it yet but I'm using a Tornado anyway. I'll drop down to you this week if you're around.

O'Prez wrote: »
    I haven't received it yet but I'm using a Tornado anyway. I'll drop down to you this week if you're around.

Fairly hectic for rest of week - had dental surgery on Friday last and have to get stitches out on Thursday so wont be at work and will be out of town on Friday. But Tuesday, Thursday or Friday of next week would be great if that suited you? Anytime after 11ish and up to 5.30p.m. I look forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Hi guys, if your like me, you have ordered in various bits of hardware and new juices etc. Some you like, some not so much. So how about if we set up some kind of swap shop / pay it forward scheme on here. I know they have similar things to this on ECF and UkVapers site that seem to work well.

Mewso, Nesf and whoever else, let me know what you think. I have a few 30ml bottles that are just gonna go un-vaped otherwise!

Also, this thread is getting a bit messy. Any developments on getting that Vaping forum set up? Do we need a certain amount of people to 'plus 1' the request thread or something? It would be great if we did get one set up, we could sticky this as the Newbie / FAQ thread. Because i feel the more that people talk about mods, new juices etc on here the more people browsing who want to find out more about vaping might get scared off, which we don't want.

In your opinion which is the best one.I have outgrown the dse-801 and now it's time to upgrade ,im gonna go all out this time.Which are the top 5 on the market?

I'm a noob tbh STB! Only been vaping a month or so. But I find the eGo is top notch, Battery life is brilliant on them, nice looking, durable. Everything you'd want, especially when just starting out.

If you wanted to change it up a bit from your dse-801 but wanted it to be relatively cheap and same voltage etc, i'd say go for the ego.

Otherwise, get yourself a Silver Bullet (on my wish list) where you can have the option of 3.7 or 6v, the thing is a beast. Couple of the lads on here seem to recommend highly also.

You can pick one up here: http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/new-products/silver-bullet-2.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

thudd wrote: »
    Hi guys, if your like me, you have ordered in various bits of hardware and new juices etc. Some you like, some not so much. So how about if we set up some kind of swap shop / pay it forward scheme on here. I know they have similar things to this on ECF and UkVapers site that seem to work well.

Mewso, Nesf and whoever else, let me know what you think. I have a few 30ml bottles that are just gonna go un-vaped otherwise!

It's not a bad idea. I probably have plenty of stuff I don't want but I'm not sure if I would inflict it on someone else. As to the separate forum. I doubt we'll get one. The biggest problem at the moment is (and I don't want to offend anyone nor am I aiming it at anyone in particular but...) people posting asking for a recommendation despite a hundred posts above them full of recommendations.

Fair point on the messiness of the thread. But in fairness, when looking for a recommendation, reading through all the posts in a thread is time-consuming and confusing when just starting out. Also, the technology is developing rapidly too, so what were relevant recommendations to someone starting out a year ago may not be as valid now.

And on the swap shop stuff, I hear ya. I don't think anyone would enjoy vaping this Cocunut Ice I got from Totally Wicked last week, rotten! Then again, someone else might really like it.

thudd wrote: »
    Fair point on the messiness of the thread. But in fairness, when looking for a recommendation, reading through all the posts in a thread is time-consuming and confusing when just starting out. Also, the technology is developing rapidly too, so what were relevant recommendations to someone starting out a year ago may not be as valid now.

And on the swap shop stuff, I hear ya. I don't think anyone would enjoy vaping this Cocunut Ice I got from Totally Wicked last week, rotten! Then again, someone else might really like it.

Yeah fair point. A proper forum could have a list of the current top models and so on, and a swap shop thread. Hmm I have some web space....www.irishvapers.com anyone?

Sounds good! Or even just a sub-forum on one of the other big ones would be grand too.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

Anybody know whats happened to liberty-flights in the uk? I've put in a few orders with them over the past 6 months or so and found them great. Nice and easy to get liquids and accessories in the one place. Now they never have anything in stock. All juice out, no atomizers etc sort of thing and not much info on the forum over there as to what is going on?

Pity as the were a really good supplier. Also they have some of the nicest tobacco flavours. Anyone know where I can get the same tobacco flavours that liberty flights were supplying? They were not dekang flavs afaik.

cougar1 wrote: »
    Anybody know whats happened to liberty-flights in the uk? I've put in a few orders with them over the past 6 months or so and found them great. Nice and easy to get liquids and accessories in the one place. Now they never have anything in stock. All juice out, no atomizers etc sort of thing and not much info on the forum over there as to what is going on?

Pity as the were a really good supplier. Also they have some of the nicest tobacco flavours. Anyone know where I can get the same tobacco flavours that liberty flights were supplying? They were not dekang flavs afaik.

I've been in exactly the same position as you. I love their tobacco flavours. I think they are having an issue with the wholesaler. They are called Hangsen I think and seem far superior to Dekang (some of their stuff is horrible). Liberty Flights are planning a new range from the UK which doesn't sound good in terms of restocking from Hangsen. In any case these guys in the UK are the only other english site I could find that seem known on uk vapers and from what I can tell stock the Hangsen stuff. I plan to buy some from them soon to confirm but it looks like it's the right liquid (Ry1 to 4 etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

mewso wrote: »
    I've been in exactly the same position as you. I love their tobacco flavours. I think they are having an issue with the wholesaler. They are called Hangsen I think and seem far superior to Dekang (some of their stuff is horrible). Liberty Flights are planning a new range from the UK which doesn't sound good in terms of restocking from Hangsen. In any case these guys in the UK are the only other english site I could find that seem known on uk vapers and from what I can tell stock the Hangsen stuff. I plan to buy some from them soon to confirm but it looks like it's the right liquid (Ry1 to 4 etc.).

Brilliant Mewso, thanks for the input and the heads up. Such a pity that LF dont have their act together lately. I'm in a kind of vape and get on with it mode over the past several months and after testing various other suppliers flavours and not really clicking I was really happy with LF flavours and them as a supplier.

I didnt really want to get into the whole 'where do I get liquids now' as I was perfectly happy to go on using their flavours indefinitely. I can rely on you Mewso to have your finger on the pulse with everything thats happening in the cig world ;)

cougar1 wrote: »
    I can rely on you Mewso to have your finger on the pulse with everything thats happening in the cig world ;)

Nah you were just lucky I'm a big fan of their juices. I've been searching for info over the last few days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

Thank you Mewso

If it was not for you I would never have even heard of these e ciggs. I got one from New Zealand that is slightly different than the ones most of you guys have.
    But I started on mine last week and I have not touched a real cigg since and I have been out in the pub and also having a few beers most nights and it has not bothered me at all. Still get to keep the silly habits of smoking but I am so glad I got one of these as NOTHING else worked for me.

Thanks a million!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 devnty06

great post mewso...
    got to know about e-cig a lot.

Drug Rehab

• Advertisement

O.k. for what it's worth I setup a forum:-

http://www.vapingireland.com/forum/

If there isn't enough interest fair enough but I thought I'd throw it up. I have hosting already and it took 5 minutes to install the forum. I've re-posted my original post from here but I will re-write it when I get a chance.

If there is interest then suggestions for stickys, forums, categories etc. are welcome and encouraged.

I joined up :) Great stuff Mewso.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Just joined as well. I would be totally new to this and have been following this thread only recently, but from what I have read so far the advice seems very good and MAYBE at last may have found something to help me giive up the smokes!:)
    Still not quite sure what I should get to start but probable an eGo starter kit?
    As for flavours, well that seems to be an even harder decision when the is such variety and yet never having tried anything like this in the past.
    Would like to know what flavours people have preferred say after smoking B&H for years?

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Just joined as well. I would be totally new to this and have been following this thread only recently, but from what I have read so far the advice seems very good and MAYBE at last may have found something to help me giive up the smokes!:)
    Still not quite sure what I should get to start but probable an eGo starter kit?
    As for flavours, well that seems to be an even harder decision when the is such variety and yet never having tried anything like this in the past.
    Would like to know what flavours people have preferred say after smoking B&H for years?

Me too! I am really anxious to try this out as I feel it might work for me too as regards getting off the fags. But want to know what flavour/liquid most resembles a cigarette? I smoke Silk Cut Ultra - not strong but still a fag! I just want a simple answer!

Me too! I am really anxious to try this out as I feel it might work for me too as regards getting off the fags. But want to know what flavour/liquid most resembles a cigarette? I smoke Silk Cut Ultra - not strong but still a fag! I just want a simple answer!

Im off the fags 3 months and I started with the DSE-801 ,it's ok ,but I got the Joy E go from the vapour store last week and im amazed at the level of vape you can get out of this bad boy.The best flavours of liquid I have tried so far are vanilla ,strawberry ,cola , and menthol..I don't miss the fags at all ,this is better than the real thing and way more satisfying.

Im off the fags 3 months and I started with the DSE-801 ,it's ok ,but I got the Joy E go from the vapour store last week and im amazed at the level of vape you can get out of this bad boy.The best flavours of liquid I have tried so far are vanilla ,strawberry ,cola , and menthol..I don't miss the fags at all ,this is better than the real thing and way more satisfying.

Thanks for that. I just have difficulty imagining how any of the flavours you mention could substitute for a cigarette tho! Maybe I'm missing something here? Is there a dirty rotten fag flavour I could try????:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

Thanks for that. I just have difficulty imagining how any of the flavours you mention could substitute for a cigarette tho! Maybe I'm missing something here? Is there a dirty rotten fag flavour I could try????:D

Hi Shaz, like yourself I'm a total beginner. I ordered the eGo starter set from the vapourstore on Tuesday night and it arrived yesterday. You get 5 prefilled carts with the set.

Along with the set I ordered a bottle of the RY4 e-liquid high strength 24mg. There is some tobacco taste from it with a sweet aftertaste. I get plenty of throat hit and enough nicotine to feel perfectly satisfied. The taste is a little but not a lot like a cigarette, in fact it is much more pleasant. I wouldn't get hung up about finding something that tastes exactly like a cigarette, once you are getting enough nicotine to satisfy the cravings the taste doesn't matter so much and you can enjoy a more pleasant taste.

Haven't had an analogue since the eGo arrived :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

puttputt wrote: »
    Hi Shaz, like yourself I'm a total beginner. I ordered the eGo starter set from the vapourstore on Tuesday night and it arrived yesterday. You get 5 prefilled carts with the set.

Along with the set I ordered a bottle of the RY4 e-liquid high strength 24mg. There is some tobacco taste from it with a sweet aftertaste. I get plenty of throat hit and enough nicotine to feel perfectly satisfied. The taste is a little but not a lot like a cigarette, in fact it is much more pleasant. I wouldn't get hung up about finding something that tastes exactly like a cigarette, once you are getting enough nicotine to satisfy the cravings the taste doesn't matter so much and you can enjoy a more pleasant taste.

Haven't had an analogue since the eGo arrived :)

Was that vapourstore.ie that you purchased from??
    Sorry for all the questions in here but may I ask what brand and how many a day your were on puttputt? Just trying to work out if it is the 24mg that I should o for?
    GOOD LUCK with your analogues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Was that vapourstore.ie that you purchased from??
    Sorry for all the questions in here but may I ask what brand and how many a day your were on puttputt? Just trying to work out if it is the 24mg that I should o for?
    GOOD LUCK with your analogues!

Yes indeed, vapourstore.ie. Ordered Tuesday night arrived Thursday morning.
    I found it very quick and simple to get set up and started, the batteries are even charged so you can put it together and get vaping straight away.

Was smoking Silk Cut Purple and more recently Marlboro Lights. About 20+ a day, more on weekends or days off.

Only second day yet but positive experience so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

For any one who smoking 20+ a day this version works better http://www.thebestshop.eu/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=144
    Just testing new 510 mega cartomizer from thebestshop.eu and i'm very impressed. It take almost 50 drops of eliquid. Works good on both 510 and eGo batterys.

Advertisement