Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Part 2 (Eagle says Polar Low) Wednesday/Thursday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Is it just me or is this thread losing momentum??? Seemed to be the same at the tail end of the last one . . .
    yes.,....i would say most are out enjoying the snow!

The remainder are getting oxygen after it all.

Just the westies left on here now talking about our snow chances tomorrow, along with the famine, cattle, hurling and hairy women

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

For those interested, BBC News Special: The Big Freeze is just starting on BBC1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

:confused:Eh........... Started snowing again here :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Just the westies left on here now talking about our snow chances tomorrow, along with the famine, cattle, hurling and hairy women

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Is it just me or is this thread losing momentum??? Seemed to be the same at the tail end of the last one . . .

Dinner time , people took an age getting home from work late etc etc ....

Temps here in Newbridge -4.2c

DP -5.8c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Not just the westies. Im on here too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

& me im still here..... From 17th December - rigor mortice setting in lol:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

jenzz wrote: »
    :confused:Eh........... Started snowing again here :confused:

The M2 boy still has a NNE wind direction , and a DP of -3.2c.

maybe its picking up a little from sea ?

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Not just the westies. Im on here too :)

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

Took me (being kind of slow!!!) 20 minutes to realise that there was a new thread, i was refreshing the page of the old one wondering:confused: ''why is noone posting??''

:D:D:D

we are all happy now as we finally got what we wanted. im off to make a snow man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

ECM 12z run does have some precipitation for the west tomorrow, with some showers "impingining" (copyright Evelyn Cusack :D) on eastern coasts:

101253.jpg

Can't say I am overly confident about this projection, but sure we will see what happens.

when you say you are not overly confident, is that about it making landfall, or where it falls, or what it is carrying, what????

I am wondering if the westie stuff is going to come my way... from that chart it doesn't seem to unless it blows northwards...:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

A few very light showers out there in the Irish sea, might bring a little more snow to Wicklow/Wexford coast.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-app/radar?LANG=en&STRUCTUR=_&CREG=ukuk&CONT=ukuk&BIG=0&ZEIT=201001061825&LOOP=1&LTYP=std&ROAD=0&CITY=&L=0&SLP=0&W=0

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

eh here?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Ummm

Looks like the developing low is reasonably further East.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

eskimocat wrote: »
    when you say you are not overly confident, is that about it making landfall, or where it falls, or what it is carrying, what????

I am wondering if the westie stuff is going to come my way... from that chart it doesn't seem to unless it blows northwards...:confused::confused:

Eskimo, Leitrim may very well be in line to see snow tomorrow and is prob much more likely to see snow than coastal parts of galway (due to colder temps inland). That precip is going to moved down from the North West. Presuming the feature is not downgraded by tomorrow, I would be surprised if Leitrim did not see snow, particularly in the late morn/early afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

-5 here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

we are all happy now as we finally got what we wanted. im off to make a snow man.

Im delighted with what we got, but I still want more. Selfish I know, but I love snow!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

can someone like draw out a map of the first band coming to ni tonight please tis is rather confusing!

Weather Warning

Issued at 06 January 2010 - 19:37

Very frosty and icy conditions overnight with lying snow in eastern and southeastern counties and some pockets of freezing fog developing later in the night. Scattered sleet and snow showers will occur at times in coastal counties of the north and west with the danger of some more prolonged falls of snow in parts of Connaught for a time tomorrow.

ME has updated the weather warning...what PARTS of connaught are they talking about i wonder...:eek: fingers crossed....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

-5 Lucan village

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So looks like Dublin's gonna be clear skies until the weekend then?

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Eskimo, Leitrim may very well be in line to see snow tomorrow and is prob much more likely to see snow than coastal parts of galway. That precip is going to moved down from the North West. Presuming the feature is not downgraded by tomorrow, I would be surprised if Leitrim did not see snow, particularly in the late morn/early afternoon.

Thank you kindly... that helps hugely!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

-3.7c here in my frozen Co. Galway town.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I think my weather station has gone nuts........last time i looked it read -2.9c....Now its reading -5.5c? Surely it cant be dropping that fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Is this developing low, that blob of cloud currently moving down towards Scotland? Even if it does provide precipitation for the west, it will be interesting to see if it will rain/sleet or actual snow.
    Currently, temps are dropping pretty fast down here, atm it is -4.0 C and -6.0 C dp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I had forgot that magic crackling sound of snow on the pavements under your feet until tonight....then I nearly fell on my arse!

Surfaces are lethal out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

From sat/sun on the east coast looks like more snow showers will arrive... sunday looks quiet interesting on the fax chart if im reading it correctly:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

-4 here at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I had forgot that magic crackling sound of snow on the pavements under your feet until tonight....then I nearly fell on my arse!

Surfaces are lethal out there...

You have to walk on the grass here, pavements are ice rinks :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

-4 here at the moment

-4c in the isle of man wow! -5.3c here hopefully it should snow here later tonight and tomorrow no snow here yet apparently one is near..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement