Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus one

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

The finish is already starting to come off the bottom of my Nexus one after 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

The finish is already starting to come off the bottom of my Nexus one after 2 weeks.

Stop leaving coins in your pocket with it then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Mine still looks brand new!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Mine has been in the pouch 95% of the time since I got it and has developed the black blotches so many people here are talking about - http://www.google.co.uk/support/forum/p/android/thread?tid=089016f8afef69fb&hl=en

Rightly annoyed :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Hadnt noticed until you posted about it but theres some of that crap on the bottom of mine too. Its not really noticeable unless your looking for it though but I suppose it could get worse :(

• Advertisement

Its mad to think how much we paid for the bleedin' thing and for this to happen? It looks like the phone has been man handled but I can assure you mine has not been!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

They are comparing the Nexus One with the iphone on the Matt Cooper show on Today FM in the next hour or so if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

PH4T wrote: »
    Stop leaving coins in your pocket with it then :rolleyes:

I never have anything in my in my pocket along with my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

lord lucan wrote: »
    Mine still looks brand new!:)

Same here. No wear, nor any black blotches after ~2 months of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

I had mine since the release date and I dont use the case. Im also pretty terrible for scratching up phones :) But my nexus one looks abou the same as since I got it. I had an iphone a few weeks and the back was scratched to bits. Maybe google released a batch of dodgy nexus ones :)

• Advertisement

That could be the case. Also, earlier I was complaining about my Nexus One's screen being tinted pink (particularly at the lowest light setting), but I compared it with someone's that got theirs more recently and theirs is actually much more noticeable... seems like there's some bad QC issues with the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

Is it possible to download from the AmazonMp3 store?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

With regard to the black spots, my 2 week old Nexus has a small one, also on the bottom. However I've got a theory as to why. When I remove the Nexus from the pouch I pinch the bottom of the pouch to force the phone out a little, and then pull it out from the top. I pinch the pouch predominantly with my left hand on the bottom left hand corner, this being exactly where the spot has occurred. It's by no means concrete proof but could explain why they're appearing, particularily with people who use the pouch as opposed to those who don't.

So you might want to look at how often you take the phone in and out of the pouch and also how you do it. It could simply be that the re-occurring friction between the pouch and phone is removing the finish??

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

So wish I had the money to ship one via a relative in Boston....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Get a htc desire when they launch in Ireland. They are essentially the same phone minus the Nexus One's noise cancelling mic. They are about a €150 cheaper sim free and and are available for sale in Ireland.

The icons for the main apps are pretty dull. Phone, Browser, Gallery, Camera etc.

I particularly hate the Clock.

I just downloaded the FakeFirefox app which changes the browser icon to a Firefox icon which looks a lot better.

Are there other similiar apps out there that do the same for the other applications?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

I got one today and really like it so far but would love to be able to export my (voluminous) iPhone contacts to the Nexus One. I tried the manner that's been described on the forums - by syncing via a Microsoft Exchange server - but now my contact list is full of people I emailed five years ago in Gmail, and peoples contact info only has email and Facebook info, not the all important phone number!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

I got one today and really like it so far but would love to be able to export my (voluminous) iPhone contacts to the Nexus One. I tried the manner that's been described on the forums - by syncing via a Microsoft Exchange server - but now my contact list is full of people I emailed five years ago in Gmail, and peoples contact info only has email and Facebook info, not the all important phone number!

Nevermind, got it sorted! Now if only I could download paid apps, I'd be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭xabi_a

Try http://slideme.org/ for some paid apps.

• Advertisement

xabi_a wrote: »
    Try http://slideme.org/ for some paid apps.

Is there any where I can get the full version of the game RoboDefence?

It doesn't seem to be on slideme.org

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

3g on mine is pretty slow, maybe i have the wrong settings tho, im on vodafone ready to go btw

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭shaneor

I'm planning to pick up a Nexus One when I'm next in the US :D

Can anyone confirm whether the T-Mobile or AT&T version is the best one to go with (better safe than sorry! :o )?

I went for the T-Mobile one mate. Works perfectly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭shaneor

madmoe wrote: »
    I went for the T-Mobile one mate. Works perfectly here.

Thanks! Can't wait to upgrade from my N95 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

anybody else find it incredibly difficult to get the sim card out? just had to use a pen to get mine out there

Nope ... use your thumb to push the SIM away from you, that works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

What are the 3g settings for vodafone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭New.White.Socks

I've been on the Google forums and they're hopping with people complaining about touchscreen problems (is unresponsive after it's booted up) and 3g problems.
    Those people are obviously really displeased with google etc. and seem to think all N1s have these problems, but I'm wondering does it just seem that way because mostly people with problems go on that forum.
    Have any of you (lucky individuals) who already have the phone had these problems (or others)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I've not noticed any issues with 3G as the signal is quite bad where I live anyway but I have had problems with the touch screen. Not that its unresponsive but that its inaccurate as to where your pressing, roughly by the height of a home screen icon. Happens quite often and to be honest its begining to piss me off a bit.

Advertisement