Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Am I just lucky or does it actually work really well for everyone?
    I havent used it too much as I find it to be a bit hit and miss to be honest. At times it'll be fantastic but then other times it'll get things so far wrong I start to wonder if I'm speaking in tongues or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

madmoe wrote: »
    I use it the odd time and I like it.

Anyone know if there is an official higher capacity battery available for the N1? Mine runs down so so quick!!

try one of the undervolted kernels. the IntersectRavens AVS one is good and it does improve battery life quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mohananv

Manually update your nexus one:

http://phandroid.com/2010/05/22/manually-update-your-nexus-one-to-android-2-2-froyo/

Done it to mine a few mins ago. Its a bit sluggish at the moment so might need a few reboots before its back to normal. Love little pane at the bottom!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just updated here too, massive improvement speed wise, is more snappier now and more RAM available too!

Anyone know how to set the sync interval for Gmail? I want to set it as long as possible.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Gmail notifications are done by Push, not updating. Disable Sync if you don't want to receive notifications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Bummer, I defo thought there was a way to set this?? Have people noticed much of an improvement in battery life since going to Froyo??

Cheers,
    M

Gmail shouldn't affect battery life in the way that polling for new tweets or news articles would, since it's much the same as receiving a text message.

Just posted on XDA, torch for unrooted nexus one.

img.php?s=8&d=market%3A%2F%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dpname%3Acom.YoungKim.LEDFlashlight

I'd be careful about using it for too long - don't want to burn out the LED - since I suspect the voltages across it for "flashing" are higher than normal operating voltages. But it should be fine for intermittent use.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=687683

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Baza210 wrote: »
    Gmail notifications are done by Push, not updating. Disable Sync if you don't want to receive notifications.
    Well it is push as far as the user is concerned but in fact Google have it so that you are constantly connected to the server. They send a keepalive every minute to keep the connection active and whenever an email arrives it pushes it to your phone. So in a sense it IS push email but it is a small bit more battery intensive than the likes of Blackberry's push email.

Anyone interested, Fennec is now at the nightly stage.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/nightly/latest-mobile-trunk/fennec.apk

Still entirely unusable, of course :P

Also, the latest beta of chompSMS (which I don't use, it looks horrible) ALLEGEDLY has trackball notification enabled for non-rooted Froyos. According to #cyanogenmod on freenode, it's an API now available to be implemented at the developer's discretion.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-Zxs_6Ll_4&feature=youtu.be
    Doesn't work for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Just noticed this when I connected my Nexus One to my laptop.

thumb_tall_android-froyo-mount.pngthumb_tall_android-froyo-mount-2.png

Kind of preferred it/"was used to", the way it was. It's probably better this way though. All in the name of progress I guess.:rolleyes:
    Also noticed a little tweak to the brightness settings. There's now an automatic option. How it knows how bright you need it though, I have no idea??

2.1 had Automatic, it was just buried under settings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Anyone recieve froyo automatically yet?

i dont really want to go updating it myself

The only people who received it automatically were people with Press/Dev testing phones. The release of Froyo isn't official yet afaik, it's rather nebulous at this stage. I've heard mutterings that this FRF50 build will be superseded by an FRF86 release at a later stage with more improvements.

Baza210 wrote: »
    2.1 had Automatic, it was just buried under settings :)

I had only noticed it when it appeared in the 'Power Control' widget.
    Figures!:rolleyes:
    skelliser wrote: »
    Anyone recieve froyo automatically yet?

i dont really want to go updating it myself
    Haven't heard anything yet and doubt we will for a week or two, but if I were you I'd just do it manually. I understand the reluctance, but so far I haven't heard any horror stories and everyone seems to be pretty delighted with it. Just do some googling and you should quickly satisfy yourself whether it's worth the risk or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

Anybody having difficulties with wifi on froyo? It did connect to my home network after froyo installed but now it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Loggie wrote: »
    Anybody having difficulties with wifi on froyo? It did connect to my home network after froyo installed but now it won't.

Mines been fine,connected straight away after i rebooted the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

lord lucan wrote: »
    Mines been fine,connected straight away after i rebooted the phone.
    Yeah mine did connect at first. I'm going to re-download the zip file from modaco and update it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Chrome to phone is quite cool.

PH4T wrote: »
    Chrome to phone is quite cool.

I downloaded the app but i can't find it on my phone?!:confused:

• Advertisement

I downloaded the app but i can't find it on my phone?!:confused:

Chrometophone requires Froyo... Are you running that?

I downloaded the apk file to my PC, transfered it over to the SD card via USB and then opened the apk file in Astro (available from the Market). Installed fine then.

Chrometophone requires Froyo... Are you running that?

Yeah i am. I may try moving it manually. Great little idea,especially as i use Chrome as my browser anyways.

Yeah i am. I may try moving it manually. Great little idea,especially as i use Chrome as my browser anyways.

Got it sorted,you have to allow it permission to install on the phone,it doesn't automatically install.

Just tried chrometophone and I really like it. Google maps can be a temperamental SOB at times but it's still a nice little feature. It seems like the address has to be 'maps.google.com/................' for it to be pushed down to your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Could be a silly question : -)
    Any news on an FM radio for the On with froyo?
    Heard the hardware can do it and it was a code issue?

No radio. But we do get colour trackball notifications, and file uploads in the browser, which were two big things for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

No radio, that is a bit disappointing thought it would be included : -(

It appears that the FRF50 Froyo build allows me to update my purchased applications in the market (but still not buy new ones).

Is it now possible to install big apps like Google Earth onto the SD Card?

• Advertisement

Is it now possible to install big apps like Google Earth onto the SD Card?

As far as i know it has to be enabled by the developer. Most of my apps haven't yet,my live wallpaper,EarthRot is the only one that's shifted to SD card so far after a recent update.

Advertisement