Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

robobobo wrote: »
    By the way Guys, Vodafone just announced the iPhone on their network today - Available March 25th

http://www.nextiphonenews.com/?p=72
    I think ill pass on both.What a mix made by satan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi lads,
    Still not able to get MMS working here properly :-(

Anyhow, has anyone discovered a good contacts app that exposes contacts more easily for dialing etc. from home screen rather than having to click phone app, then do contact search then press call etc. etc.

Looks class how they have it done in Sense on the Desire and those but I don't want to root my N1 so that is not really an option.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I got a Nexus One at Barcelona (Android Dev Conf.) and I am with Vodafone pre-paid and these settings :
    http://savina.net/blog/2010/01/06/apn-settings-for-vodafone-ok-for-all-android-phone/
    are working for MMS...

If they are not, check your sim. maybe it is too old?

Raphael

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Hi lads,

Anyhow, has anyone discovered a good contacts app that exposes contacts more easily for dialing etc. from home screen rather than having to click phone app, then do contact search then press call etc. etc.

Looks class how they have it done in Sense on the Desire and those but I don't want to root my N1 so that is not really an option.

Cheers,
    M

Check out Google Gesture Search in the market.

raphaelS wrote: »
    I got a Nexus One at Barcelona (Android Dev Conf.) and I am with Vodafone pre-paid and these settings :
    http://savina.net/blog/2010/01/06/apn-settings-for-vodafone-ok-for-all-android-phone/
    are working for MMS...

Raphael

Cheers mate,
    I have those EXACT settings so must be the SIM. Off to Vodafone shop today to get a new one!

• Advertisement

long_b wrote: »
    Check out Google Gesture Search in the market.

Have it downloaded but it is not great to be honest and when I am in contacts there is no integration there. You have to go into the gesture search app every time. I had thought it would be integrated into very app after it was installed???

Anyone have Sense flashed to their N1? How is it?

Cheers mate,
    I have those EXACT settings so must be the SIM. Off to Vodafone shop today to get a new one!

I'd like to know what they will say on the shop when you'll get you shinny Nexus One out... Some jaws will drop! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Official Swype beta has been released. http://url.ie/59qi

It now has landscape support (why? no idea...) and auto-capitalization, as well as no annoying resolution pop ups.

Baza210 wrote: »
    Official Swype beta has been released. http://url.ie/59qi

It now has landscape support (why? no idea...) and auto-capitalization, as well as no annoying resolution pop ups.

Been looking for that for a while now - very impressive software ! You could get very quick on it with very little practice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

are working for MMS...

Raphael

4~ months without MMS on my Nexus and now it's working when using your settings! Woot! Cheers dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I'm trying to get O2 Prepay MMS working on my Nexus one I've tried tonnes of different settings does anyone have working settings? I'd rather 2 APN's so I can turn off internet when I want.

Check the market, there are applications that allow you to schedule or disable internet access.

Check the market, there are applications that allow you to schedule or disable internet access.

Thanks I'll try the apps, but I'm also trying to get mms working and I still can't.

Search for APNdroid, it is working great for me.

Raphael

Anyone got this working with O2 MMS yet, tried various settings and still wont work!

center15 wrote: »
    Thanks I'll try the apps, but I'm also trying to get mms working and I still can't.

You need two entries in the APN, one for the data connection (APN type as default) and one for the MMS (APN typ mms). If you don't have these 2 MMS won't work.

Working from this page:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106942

And this one:
    http://blog.savina.net/2010/01/06/apn-settings-for-vodafone-ok-for-all-android-phone/

You should be able to get sorted... Match what is used on the page for Vodafone with the settings you have for O2.

Raphael

Thanks for your help! I tried 2 APN's yesterday and it still wouldn't work. But I'll try again now. Even if I get it working I don't want data on all the time as I'm prepay. Can I disable the data APN and will MMS still work?

Thanks for your help! I tried 2 APN's yesterday and it still wouldn't work. But I'll try again now. Even if I get it working I don't want data on all the time as I'm prepay. Can I disable the data APN and will MMS still work?

No.. that's the catch. You need data to get MMS though it might works over wifi (not sure with O2).

No.. that's the catch. You need data to get MMS though it might works over wifi (not sure with O2).

Seems like a strange implementation of MMS data is required on any other phone it just uses the MMS APN for data. :confused: Balls anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Are there any good map apps that don't require a data connection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This phone out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Seems like a strange implementation of MMS data is required on any other phone it just uses the MMS APN for data. :confused: Balls anyways!

Data for MMS doesn't cost anything (except for the cost of the message itself) even if the same APN ("internet" for O2) is used.

On Nexus One if you want a separate APN for for MMS and Internet on O2 just create two APN entries and mark one with APN type "mms" and the other with APN type "default,supl". You can then also create a separate third APN with "default,supl" set and then switch between your "Internet" APN and "no Internet" APN.

Anyone get this working ?

Meteor's instructions on their forum didn't work

http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=458

I don't think I know anyone outside of this thread that uses MMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

I'd like to know what they will say on the shop when you'll get you shinny Nexus One out... Some jaws will drop! :D

They didn't say much to me. The one on Customer Support (inquiry about data plan) was the first person to give me a proper jealous reaction. I could have hugged her. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mrmright

I have tried APBdroid and made no difference but i am using a new ROM (ERE 36B) on a rooted device and MMS works on O2 PP. Don't root your device if you are worried about warranty though.

marymc wrote: »
    They didn't say much to me. The one on Customer Support (inquiry about data plan) was the first person to give me a proper jealous reaction. I could have hugged her. :D

After going into Vodafone and speaking to them is your MMS on the N1 now working Mary?

PS: On my N1 in the APN section I have two APN's set up. Vodafone IE and Vodafone IE-MMS. Beside the Vodafone IE one there is a green dot, this seems to be the default one but theres no green dot beside the Vodafone IE-MMS one. Are you guys the same?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Hi lads,

Cheers,
    M

Not sure if this works on all Android phones but on the Nexus One if you long press on a home screen to add a widget, you can select the Shortcut option and in the list of shortcut types you should have Direct Dial. Select the contact and number you want and it puts the shortcut to dial that number on your home screen. Single press and it's dialing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Anyone got this working with O2 MMS yet, tried various settings and still wont work!

It took me a little while to get this working right looking through various threads, but I finally got it working for SMS and MMS. I tried combining the settings into one entry, but that didn't seem to work, so it looks like you need to set up a general APN for internet access and a separate one for MMS. When you set up the MMS one as type "mms" it can't be selected as the active APN, but that's fine, the phone will use it for MMS messages. I'm on O2 bill pay.

Name: O2 Internet
    APN: open.internet (though internet should also work)
    Proxy: <not set>
    Port: <not set>
    Username: <not set>
    Password: <not set>
    Server: <not set>
    MMSC: <not set>
    MMS Proxy: <not set>
    MMS Port: <not set>
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 02
    Authentication Type: PAP (without this being set I couldn't send SMS!)
    APN type: default

Name: O2 MMS
    APN: internet
    Proxy: 62.40.32.40
    Port: 8080
    Username: user
    Password: user
    Server: http://www.o2.ie
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    MMS Proxy: 62.40.32.40
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 02
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN type: mms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

if your on an O2 Advance plan make sure you use the APN 'internet' not 'open.internet'.
    the latter will be charged at 2cent per KB. The former is for the inclusive unlimited data option. Discovered this the hard way, but its all sorted now.

Advertisement