Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Im the same using iphone earphones. It would be nice to have volume on them. The ones that came with the phone are terrible. They dont sound good and there huge. Whoever designed them should be shot :)
    madmoe wrote: »
    Anyone a bit peeved the stock headphones don't have volume up\ down on them?

I'm using a 3GS pair and they work perfectly except the volume up\down, would be sweet if someone could implement that say in Tune WiKi but maybe the hardware is just no there?

Tune WiKi is SO much better that the stock music player on the Nexus One!!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Totally agree! U reckon would it be possible somehow to get the volume up\down from the 3GS set to work in apps like Tune WiKi??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

draffodx wrote: »
    We got 3 free Nexus One's in the office here from the WMC in Barcelona :D

It is a sweet sweet phone

Where do you work, and do you have any internships available? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

What brightness do people have their N1 set to?

There are 3 settings on the Power Control Widget. I had it on the maximum brightness but it was eating up the battery so now I have it on the lowest setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Usually I'd leave it on the middle setting unless I'm trying to use it outside.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

PH4T wrote: »
    What brightness do people have their N1 set to?

There are 3 settings on the Power Control Widget. I had it on the maximum brightness but it was eating up the battery so now I have it on the lowest setting.

Same here, have it on lowest setting and now I get 2days or so before needing a charge, before it was everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

JohnK wrote: »
    Usually I'd leave it on the middle setting unless I'm trying to use it outside.

Same here.:)

Gonna change it to lowest setting. Any of u guys signed up to this - https://www.wavesecure.com/

Pretty slick and could come in well handy! The location was completely wrong when I tried, said I was in Spain!!

Also, anyone using their N1 with Vodafone?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

Gonna change it to lowest setting. Any of u guys signed up to this - https://www.wavesecure.com/

Pretty slick and could come in well handy! The location was completely wrong when I tried, said I was in Spain!!

Also, anyone using their N1 with Vodafone?

Cheers,
    M

FYI careful with Wavesecure as you're paying everytime you try to track your mobile phone. the SMS is sent from Singapore (or hong kong.. or taiwan... one or the other!) :eek:

Really!! Thanx for the heads up man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

nmesisca wrote: »
    FYI careful with Wavesecure as you're paying everytime you try to track your mobile phone. the SMS is sent from Singapore (or hong kong.. or taiwan... one or the other!) :eek:

do you get charged to receive texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

Bluefoam wrote: »
    do you get charged to receive texts?

oh yes you do :(
    and they are not cheap

I'm on bill pay so when I get my bill I will be taking a close look at it! I'm on Vodafone with a 1GB data add on. Anyone else here using their N1 on a similar setup?

Cheers,
    M

I'm on bill pay so when I get my bill I will be taking a close look at it! I'm on Vodafone with a 1GB data add on. Anyone else here using their N1 on a similar setup?

I'm on Vodafone Perfect Choice Access Plus 150 which has 150 any network minutes and 2GB data for €49.99.

@PH4T,
    Are u receiving MMS messages OK mate on your N1? I keep getting a message saying that I have to go here to pick them up - http://85.205.201.121/mcp-vfg-prd_ie/front?cmd=defaultlogin&firstTime=true&cmd=defaultlogin&firstTime=true

I am on corporate account here with work, €20 for unlimited calls and texts withing Ireland and the 1GB add on costs me €10.

Cheers,
    M

@PH4T,
    Are u receiving MMS messages OK mate on your N1?

Yeah getting MMS fine.

That was happening to me on my last phone (Nokia N97) and I had to call Vodafone to get MMS enabled.

I'm on Vodafone Perfect Choice Access Plus 150 which has 150 any network minutes and 2GB data for €49.99.
    that's pricey... I get 250 mins, 250 texts and 10gb for €40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 slim410

im on three (which is terrible going to switch to meteor soon) with the 1GB add-on.

its a prepaid sim (because im 17) but topping up by €20 a month will get me 200 free minutes and 300 free texts for that month, then the following month i start using my remaining €10 (1GB add-on takes €10 from my credit). its a great deal money wise but the feckin service is terrible...little or no 3G coverage!

For some reason, I seem to be getting 60 bonus texts at the moment too...

that's pricey... I get 250 mins, 250 texts and 10gb for €40

10GB? Who's that with?

• Advertisement

Meteor.

Meteor.

I'm not under any contract so I could change over. Can I just change to Meteor or do I have to sign up for a new contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭maxximus

Guys , I am on vodafone pay as you go with my n1 , how do i get the mms settings ??

Do i contact vodafone ?

T.I.A.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

So I got myself the desktop dock. Pretty cool the way the clock appears when docking. ONe question though, thinking about using it as alarm clock. Is it bad for the batt to have it on the charge all the time like over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

You can get the dock's clock functionality by tapping the "Clock" application.

I'm not under any contract so I could change over. Can I just change to Meteor or do I have to sign up for a new contract?

They have plans that don't require a contract. Have a look on their website...

Check out bill pay lite:

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭robobobo

By the way Guys, Vodafone just announced the iPhone on their network today - Available March 25th

http://www.nextiphonenews.com/?p=72

Yeah getting MMS fine.

That was happening to me on my last phone (Nokia N97) and I had to call Vodafone to get MMS enabled.

Hey mate,
    Can you let me know what exact MMS settings you are using on your N1? Your on Vodafone, right?

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

robobobo wrote: »
    By the way Guys, Vodafone just announced the iPhone on their network today - Available March 25th

http://www.nextiphonenews.com/?p=72

Well fceck them. They're too late. I actually waited a while for that to come out, but now I have my N1. :D

Advertisement