Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

clacks wrote: »
    How did you get yours? Ebay? Vodoo? What are you straming it too? Bluetooth speakers?

I got it from Google when I bought my phone. It connects to my HIFI via audio cables it's the dock its self is BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Bluefoam wrote: »
    do you use flixster & does it work for Irish content?
    Yeah I use for Irish content and it uses GPS to give you the closest cinema. Here's a link if you want to download it http://bit.ly/bclSVl You may have to use an app like Astro from the market place to install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Any of you guys tried "AndAppStore"? I guess it's like Cydia for the iPhone OS. I bought NewsRob from there yesterday, it was a bit of a trek though... Paypal in the browser, then refreshing for 5 minutes waiting for the application to appear in my downloads.

Got there in the end, and the developer of NewsRob was very attentive and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Yeah I use for Irish content and it uses GPS to give you the closest cinema. Here's a link if you want to download it http://bit.ly/bclSVl You may have to use an app like Astro from the market place to install it.

Thanks for the link, unfortunately it didn't work, no file there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Available on Sale March 17th.

Your rumour is taking on a life of its own. See latest entry.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/android/thread?fid=78177d84f4c7d5dc00047f62f19747b4&hl=en

• Advertisement

Is it possible to change the Marketplace on the phone to the US store? How does it decide anyways by my address stored on my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

center15 wrote: »
    Is it possible to change the Marketplace on the phone to the US store? How does it decide anyways by my address stored on my account?

It's by SIM card. On the Hero you can root the phone and get an app called Market Enabler that tricks the phone in to using any market you want. I'd be surprised if it wasn't available on the Nexus.

It's by SIM card. On the Hero you can root the phone and get an app called Market Enabler that tricks the phone in to using any market you want. I'd be surprised if it wasn't available on the Nexus.

Ah smart people in Google. Or I just need a US SIM card :) Also My Nexus One downloaded the internet settings itself for O2 once I had setup the wifi, anyone else notice this?

or just stick in a uk sim & download via wi-fi

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Stevokenevo

Ah smart people in Google. Or I just need a US SIM card :) Also My Nexus One downloaded the internet settings itself for O2 once I had setup the wifi, anyone else notice this?

Had to add the settings for Meteor myself :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Also My Nexus One downloaded the internet settings itself for O2 once I had setup the wifi, anyone else notice this?
    I'd added the settings manually before I added the phone to wifi so thats probably why it didnt happen for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I have a USA sim card, it opens up the market for me. You can also get a cheap USA Sim card of ebay.

I also got a free T-Mobile UK sim card from T-Mobile UK themselves, they posted it to ROI also!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Stevokenevo

I have a USA sim card, it opens up the market for me. You can also get a cheap USA Sim card of ebay.

I also got a free T-Mobile UK sim card from T-Mobile UK themselves, they posted it to ROI also!

Yep - UK or US SIM cards allow you to browse the paid market, then just download over WiFi and you're set.

Eric Schmidt is about to go on stage at MWC, hopefully we hear about some cool new stuff for the Nexus One and not a Nexus Two :(

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/16/live-from-eric-schmidts-keynote-at-mwc-2010/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anyone else having issues with the touch screen not being accurate?
    It has happened to me twice now while in the middle of doing stuff.

The screen becomes a tad unresponsive and then it thinks I am touching a different part of the screen, or sometimes it looks like it thinks I touched two parts of the screen at the same time no where near where I clicked.
    Ended up deleting a contact last night instead of merging it....

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Yep - UK or US SIM cards allow you to browse the paid market, then just download over WiFi and you're set.

How do you pay for the paid market stuff, credit card? paypal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

limpdd wrote: »
    How do you pay for the paid market stuff, credit card? paypal?

Google checkout man

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Thanks for the link, unfortunately it didn't work, no file there :(

Sorry, not sure what happened. Try this http://bit.ly/bclSVl

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Look at Documents 2 Go.

Its expensive though.

I just bought it last week, it's on sale at the moment, only $9.99

Documents To Go Full Version upgrade is now available for only $9.99 until Feb 22, 2010 (normally $29.99)*.

Thank you for registering Documents To Go 2.0 for your Android-based device.

In addition to viewing Microsoft Word and Excel files, we are excited to offer you a special price on our Full Version Key, direct from DataViz. This key unlocks several premium features such as EDITING, creating new files and support for Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe PDF files - all in one complete package. It's no wonder Documents To Go is the top selling mobile Office suite in Android Market today!

Upgrade now for only $9.99 (Regularly $29.99)!
    (Hurry, this introductory offer ends Feb 22, 2010*)

Please note: All the Full Version features can be instantly unlocked without needing to download or install anything new.
    Full version features:

* Adobe PDF support (high fidelity viewing)
    * Microsoft PowerPoint support (view and edit)
    * Create new Word, Excel and PowerPoint files on your device
    * Edit, recalculate and save changes with no loss of formatting
    * View & edit Excel charts
    * View footnotes, endnotes, and tracked changes
    * Search, select, copy and paste text
    * Insert bookmarks, comments and hyperlinks
    * Zoom, format and send attachments
    * Open password-protected Word, Excel and PowerPoint 97-2004 files
    * 'Live Folder' for recently used documents
    * Available in more languages - English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Traditional and Simplified Chinese
    * Optimized for Android OS 1.5 (Cupcake), 1.6 (Donut) and 2.0 (Eclair) with frequent updates to improve performance on all the latest devices
    * And much more... all for only $9.99!*

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Anyone using SlideScreen?

Just installed it there now

• Advertisement

Sorry, not sure what happened. Try this http://bit.ly/bclSVl
    thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

mik_da_man wrote: »

The screen becomes a tad unresponsive and then it thinks I am touching a different part of the screen, or sometimes it looks like it thinks I touched two parts of the screen at the same time no where near where I clicked.

The only time i've found it unresponsive is the first couple of minutes after turning it on if it's been shut off. Can be a bit slow then but usually gets up to speed pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

PH4T wrote: »
    Anyone using SlideScreen?

Just installed it there now
    Looks very cool. How's it working?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

mik_da_man wrote: »

Yeah I've come across that a few times actually. Hopefully its just a software glitch they'll fix at some point rather than a hardware issue.

To recalibrate the screen I read that you can hold down on the key L and then slide your finger down the row to A. Seemed to work for me but it may well be placebo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭mr_happy

Available on Sale March 17th.

To localise it for the Irish Market its being rebranded from Nexus 1 to Snake 1.

mr_happy wrote: »
    To localise it for the Irish Market its being rebranded from Nexus 1 to Snake 1.
    Is it really?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

mr_happy wrote: »

Lol.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Baza210 wrote: »
    To recalibrate the screen I read that you can hold down on the key L and then slide your finger down the row to A. Seemed to work for me but it may well be placebo.

is that upper case or lower case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr_happy
    Originally Posted by lord lucan
    Lol.

Don't get it :(

Advertisement