Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Orlee wrote: »
    Don't get it :(

Maybe its a reference to the fact that there are no snakes in Ireland (St. Patrick etc...) so therefore we can assume there will be no Nexus 1 for Ireland!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

hal9000 wrote: »
    is that upper case or lower case
    Either.

Baza210 wrote: »
    Either.

Landscape or portrait?

Yellow or blue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

If you've got access to paid apps either via root or via uk sim, I'd advise you to get this game. Just got updated for nexus 1 - I have it on my milestone, it's pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

To recalibrate the screen I read that you can hold down on the key L and then slide your finger down the row to A. Seemed to work for me but it may well be placebo.
    Cheers - might give that a try next time.
    I usually just switch off/on again and it's fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Maybe its a reference to the fact that there are no snakes in Ireland (St. Patrick etc...) so therefore we can assume there will be no Nexus 1 for Ireland!?!

Ah ... I gets it now

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

squire23 wrote: »
    Looks very cool. How's it working?

Not sure if I like it better than the standard laucher screen.

It is very good for information it can manage (e-mails, calendar, facebook, twitter, reader etc) but it doesn't link to other apps which is a bit of a pain...

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Anyone know how to get WAP to work on the nwxus one? (preferably with meteor)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Does this then automatically work with the standard browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭maxximus

Hi guys , I received my N1 yesterday and am blown away , however i need some help.

When I use the charger on a 3 pin adaptor it doesnt seem to work , I am charging it via usb on the pc and it is taking ages , any help much appreciated.

maxximus wrote: »
    Hi guys , I received my N1 yesterday and am blown away , however i need some help.

When I use the charger on a 3 pin adaptor it doesnt seem to work , I am charging it via usb on the pc and it is taking ages , any help much appreciated.

A US Nexus I assume? Prob due to a c.rap transformer/adapter.

Hit your friendly neighbourhood electrical store and pick up an irish micro-usb charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭maxximus

A US Nexus I assume? Prob due to a c.rap transformer/adapter.

Hit your friendly neighbourhood electrical store and pick up an irish micro-usb charger.

YA spotty , do i just ask for a micro-usb charger ??

Sorry if that sounds stupid!

maxximus wrote: »
    YA spotty , do i just ask for a micro-usb charger ??

Sorry if that sounds stupid!

Yep. Any'll do. That's the beauty of a non-proprietary charger unlike those Apple boys.

Possibly just double check it works before you leave the shop - I can't say for certain that the US Nexus doesn't use a different battery to the EU version and as such requires different amps and volts. I would be extremely surprised if that was the case though. Infact, you can probably disregard that point entirely!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Is there any app to use O2 webtexts? I cant get JellySMS to work.

I believe there is an Android version of Cabbage http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055805765

center15 wrote: »
    Is there any app to use O2 webtexts? I cant get JellySMS to work.

I just posted another thread on this, its called cabbage:

http://market.android.com/search?q=p...ndroid.cabbage

qrLink?appCode=famt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Anyone got that version of cabbage working? Doesnt seem to actually use the contacts in the phone so unless I type in the phone number I cant send.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

JohnK wrote: »
    Anyone got that version of cabbage working? Doesnt seem to actually use the contacts in the phone so unless I type in the phone number I cant send.

This is true in most if not all the apps that use contacts at the moment. It doesn't work in 2.1 but works in the older versions of Android.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Strange, Cabbage and the Android beta of JSMS both work fine for me, contacts and all.

Well it opens the screen with the contacts but choosing one does nothing, it doesnt populate the field with the name or number. I tried selecting one and sending just in case it selected the contact just didnt show it but still no luck. I can send a text if i just type in the number but since the only number I can actually rattle off is my own its not much use :p

Just did a little test with Cabbage there, when I moved a contact's phone number from "Mobile" to "Home" then it would not bring in the number when the contact was selected. But once the "Mobile" number has a value then it works fine.
    Maybe that's the problem - are your contact numbers stored in Home/Work/Other? Other than that I'm not sure. :)

Comparing Cabbage and JSMS, not sure which I prefer - JSMS lets you search for a contact by typing into the To field which Cabbage doesn't unfortunately, but then JSMS adds in "[Sent via JellySMS]" to the text message itself, Cabbage leaves the message as is which is better.
    Either way I suppose they're both very handy.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Comparing Cabbage and JSMS, not sure which I prefer - JSMS lets you search for a contact by typing into the To field which Cabbage doesn't unfortunately, but then JSMS adds in "[Sent via JellySMS]" to the text message itself, Cabbage leaves the message as is which is better.
    Either way I suppose they're both very handy.

Cabbage lets me search contacts. I have found Jelly a bit slow + I'm not a fan of the tag they attach to each message.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the tag they attach to each message.

Agreed.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Just did a little test with Cabbage there, when I moved a contact's phone number from "Mobile" to "Home" then it would not bring in the number when the contact was selected. But once the "Mobile" number has a value then it works fine.
    Maybe that's the problem - are your contact numbers stored in Home/Work/Other? Other than that I'm not sure. :)

Yeah they're in as mobile alright. Also when listing the contacts, some have multiple entries even though they're only really in contacts once. Bit of a strange one!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

I just got a lend of my mate's UK SIM card so I can access the UK Andorid app store and some paid apps.

Anything that I should check out?

My MEElectronics Ai-M9P headset just arrived :)

m9p.JPG

As well as that Samsung charger I posted about a while back. Both work nicely. The M9P's in-line button even controls playback but not in the default music player for some reason... works fine in Doggcatcher though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Micro-USB-Mains-Charger/dp/B0028QHJSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265220927&sr=1-1

MEElectronics Ai-M9P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

has anyone tried loading up the new desire rom on their n1?

Advertisement