Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

PH4T wrote: »
    BTW I transfered over a few 3GP videos from my N97. There doesn't seem to be any built in video player in the N1 or am I missing something?

No,there's no built in video player. My videos went straight to Gallery and they play from there.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Im going to Arizona, USA in a months time.
    Can you only buy these online?

Should I be able to bring it home ok without customs/duty charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Im going to Arizona, USA in a months time.
    Can you only buy these online?

Should I be able to bring it home ok without customs/duty charges?
    Yes you buy it from Google.com/phone. There's no problem delivering too hotels though. Just take the phone out of its box and carry it onto the plane with you and you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Baza210 wrote: »
    Yes you buy it from Google.com/phone. There's no problem delivering too hotels though. Just take the phone out of its box and carry it onto the plane with you and you should be fine.

Yeah im staying in my girls appartment there so it should be fine getting it delivered.

It cost you about €400 in total?

Yeah, I think it was €410 inc. next day delivery and $50 California tax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

ordered mine on ebay, €550 inc delivery

now ill sit back and wait for new toy...

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

squire23 wrote: »

From what i've been reading about it online it appears to be mainly confined to the T-Mobile network in the US. I've had no issues with 3G at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

What's the problem people are actually having? I didn't notice any problems while on T-Mobile for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

JohnK wrote: »
    What's the problem people are actually having? I didn't notice any problems while on T-Mobile for a week.

Switches to Edge when 3G signal is weak. Stays there.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

nmesisca wrote: »
    I had some issues with wifi too but IMHO this is more to do with the specific routers other than the device. my winmo phone did exactly the same. and my G1. much better since i moved channel to 13-14.

Not too sure about that, I changed my router's channel to 12 last night and the N1 wouldn't pick it up at all today. Changed it back and it found it again...
    No other device i have as this issue (Nokias, other HTC, SE, iTouch)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gunnersonny

Spoke to Vodafone today about an iPhone3Gs upgrade. Asked re the Nexus and they say it should be here within the month!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Spoke to Vodafone today about an iPhone3Gs upgrade. Asked re the Nexus and they say it should be here within the month!

If that's true that could mean paid apps will finally appear within 2months then :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sweet! If anyone hears anything else please let us all know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Would that mean that it will be available to buy unlocked too?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

And if you sign up as a new customer can you get one for cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Not too sure about that, I changed my router's channel to 12 last night and the N1 wouldn't pick it up at all today. Changed it back and it found it again...
    No other device i have as this issue (Nokias, other HTC, SE, iTouch)

dude, really...
    i bet you have changed it on the router but you didnt change it in the phone itself.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

wireless settings -> Wireless and network settings -> Wi-fi settings (then push settings button and choose advanced) ->Regulatory domain (and choose 14 channels here)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gunnersonny

Zascar wrote: »
    And if you sign up as a new customer can you get one for cheap?

Guy on phone didn't know just yet. Think they'll be well advertised when they land here somehow. I just asked on spec. Was on the point of signing for the iPhone 3Gs (poor N95 8gb is dying on me)... In fairness he didn't need to tell me and might have just postponed some commission on himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Guy on phone didn't know just yet. Think they'll be well advertised when they land here somehow.

I suspect the guy on the phone didn't know much at all. I strongly suspect the Nexus will be sold here - and elsewhere - exactly as it's currently being sold in the initial 4 countries -- i.e. online only. And prices will probably be exactly the same as they are now - otherwise you'll have a lot of pissed off existing customers in UK, HK & SG. And if that is to be the case then Vodafone won't have anywhere near as much input into the launch as they do with other handsets. Take a look at tmobile.com -- they don't appear to even market the nexus on their site (or maybe I'm just blind) - will vodafone do any different ?

That's just my own opinion and I know you're just feeding on what the guy in vodafone said but - well I'm just dubious as to whether or not he knows what he's talking about here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

zing wrote: »
    I suspect the guy on the phone didn't know much at all. I strongly suspect the Nexus will be sold here - and elsewhere - exactly as it's currently being sold in the initial 4 countries.

Reckon you're right with that. I reckon it'll be exactly the same for us (when it eventually gets released). In that all ordering etc will be done through google.com/phone with the option of a Vodafone package (as they're currently doing with the UK etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I've had the nexus a little over two weeks now and it still blows my mind. It is such an amazing phone!

I am fortunate to have a friend in Texas that forwarded it to me so I got it for 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

i fixed that issue i had re ssid from last week.
    Basically the n1 didnt like the e fada in the ssid, on the n1 it was showing up as a chinese character so i just changed it to a normal e.

New issue tho!
    Everytime i call round to a friends house the interent freezes, the n1 drops there internet for some reason. They are on smart. Its really strange, the only thing i can think of is the fact that there modem is connected to a wireless router as opposed to an all in one router/modem.

I've had the nexus a little over two weeks now and it still blows my mind. It is such an amazing phone!

I am fortunate to have a friend in Texas that forwarded it to me so I got it for 400.
    That's a nice price but still hard to beat €59 for the Hero on Meteor. I would ove the Nexus but just can't see me waiting for a year before the price comes down :(

You're not tied to a contract with the Nexus One though.

You're not tied to a contract with the Nexus One though.
    Yeah but I also don't have $500 to spend on a phone. I'd be divorced!

You save money in the long run, typically.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

You save money in the long run, typically.

how? you still pay a subsidy on your call credit...

Sure, but I'm not paying a subsidy on the phone, nor am I tied to any network should a better plan present itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Sure, but I'm not paying a subsidy on the phone, nor am I tied to any network should a better plan present itself.

if you are paying for phone calls in Ireland, you are paying a subsidy towards a phone upgrade, whether use it or not...

Advertisement