Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion: Widespread Snow Expected Overnight/Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Will hardly be as bad as 1982:snow on beaches,drifts the height of telephone poles,schools shut for a week in Wicklow/North Wexford.:cool:

Definitely won't be the same as 82, we don't really have telephone poles anymore! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

howlinwolf wrote: »
    we had a nice little snow shower down here in carlow bout 7 ish the radar on met.ie didnt show a thing at that time so personally i would take there rader wiyha pinch of salt:)

didnt come as far as kilkenny :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

the rain has turned to humongous flakes of wet snow now
    :D
    send some south ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Just watchin CNN and they have predicted 4 cm snow fall for south dublin and wicklow not specifically they just highlighted these area which are going to get 4cm with with blobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Made a snowball, dragged the 8 year old out for a run around. Still pelting down. Our footprints disappeared after 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

snow ghost wrote: »
    Nice one nacho! :pac: Tell it to do that here wud ya!!! :cool:

perhaps it heard you and has gone to you because it has just stopped snowing here now.

it rained for a half an hour then for less than five minutes turned to snow. so i think that could be it for the cold front here. now i await the showers- hopefully prolonged ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

Just watchin CNN and they have predicted 4 cm snow fall for south dublin and wicklow not specifically they just highlighted these area which are going to get 4cm with with blobs.

CNN...come on! The BBC is bad enough for here :rolleyes:
    But if they're right, then thanks for the forecast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

That band of showes making its way south at the moment, on its western flank it appears to be broken up and likely to fizzle out, d'ye reckon that's what'll happen or are we missing out on some more of the 'picture' because Shannon is down?

Fionagus wrote: »
    :D
    send some south ;)

have a word with snowghost;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Feckin M2 buoy reading 3c / 1.8dp, how does that leave us in Dublin for Snow? - I suppose, it is in the Irish sea.

http://www.met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

Well unless it decides to do a lap around the irish sea before it comes to you i doubt it will have much bearing.

Although i could be wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

That band of showes making its way south at the moment, on its western flank it appears to be broken up and likely to fizzle out, d'ye reckon that's what'll happen or are we missing out on some more of the 'picture' because Shannon is down?

Looks like that's what's happening going by Nacho's report unfortunately. Looks like the east is going to do far better than expected out of this! Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

And we have more helicopters but less grit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

FFS! Can someone please tell me is snowfall likely in South Cork?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Shannon radar offline means we only see E Ireland clearly. I presume the precip is uniform across Irl with perhaps a stronger belt later for the sw and se.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Rougies wrote: »
    Looks like that's what's happening going by Nacho's report unfortunately. Looks like the east is going to do far better than expected out of this! Sorry :o

In fairness it's about time we did!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

*gives this post a thumbs down*.......:pac:

Ah well, cheers!

Danno wrote: »
    Shannon radar offline means we only see E Ireland clearly. I presume the precip is uniform across Irl with perhaps a stronger belt later for the sw and se.
    Thank you :) At least someone answered me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Look at what Newastle in England is about to get.. Looks like a proper pasting..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

Starting to snow in Kinnegad ( westmeath ) now:)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

baraca wrote: »
    Well unless it decides to do a lap around the irish sea before it comes to you i doubt it will have much bearing.

Although i could be wrong!

Feck sake, don't jinx it!!! We'll have reports soon of it heading out into the sea for a quick lap before making Dublin landfall again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Raining here now :(. No snow for Galway tonight I fear....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

have a word with snowghost;)

Keeping it all for meself when it arrives ... I'm mean like that... but I might send a few flakes down south later. :D

Still plenty of rain here, so the snow showers could be heavy inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

I asked this a few posts back myself and have gottenno feedback so far. ME's radar is unreliable in snow at reporting intensity. I think because Shannon is down it is punching a big hole in thr picture. Would love to hear other thoughts on this though. Weathercheck, DE, Wolf... anyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

If only that fecking Shannon radar came back online . . . we could be getting only half the picture at the moment for all we know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Drat!! it started raining here!

If only that fecking Shannon radar came back online . . . we could be getting only half the picture at the moment for all we know!
    Why's it offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

About 1cm of snow here in Monasterevin!!! :D Stopped now though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Caza

Where is the nearest radar to me in trim mullingar or dub? sorry for silly question but any stations in meath?

i bet you're not sorry at all:p:D

can't say i blame you either. when it comes to this precious white stuff it brings out the gollum in many of us:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Feck sake, don't jinx it!!! We'll have reports soon of it heading out into the sea for a quick lap before making Dublin landfall again!

LOL i hope not anyway for all you dubs sanity!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement