Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion: Widespread Snow Expected Overnight/Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Slugs wrote: »
    FFS! Can someone please tell me is snowfall likely in South Cork?!

doesnt look like you'll get anything tonight, sorry

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I wonder do other sites etc pull radar data from the same source? I.e. the following needs Shannon data?

They look pretty similar...

http://www.meteociel.fr/accueil/radar.php

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kopp

Very cold breeze coming in from the N/W....went out for a beerski and it was freezing!! gotta love natures fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Why's it offline?

They have the radar dish caught up to a static bike, some auld fella's been peddling it for years, day and night to keep the dish turning, but he just had enough today and told the MO to stick it!

:pac: Joking.....of course. Tis odd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

They have the radar dish caught up to a static bike, some auld fella's been peddling it for years, day and night to keep the dish turning, but he just had enough today and told the MO to stick it!

Still didn't answer why it's offline :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

Anyone fancy a battle for the title of 500th poster?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Still didn't answer why it's offline :P

Maybe it's frozen solid?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It's not even cold enough here in Cork for snow i'd say, most dissapointing, if we didn't want it here we'd be six feet under it:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

If the latest 3 hour precipcast for 0300Z is anything to go by, Met Eireann just may be about to get egg on their face. It looks to be heading for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

danni2 wrote: »
    Drat!! it started raining here!

That'll be the warm air coming ahead of the front it should eventually turn to sleet and then snow when the colder air comes along with the front.

In saying that it's in offaly already?? Must be flying down. Surely hit dublin within the next half hour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Light shower here at 11ish....cold out but not as cold as earlier.
    temp 0.7
    dp -0.2

On another note....whats going to happen when all that snow melts up in the mountains:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think its just started to rain here, the bit of snow that was on the car up to an hour ago is gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

junkyard wrote: »
    It's not even cold enough here in Cork for snow i'd say, most dissapointing, if we didn't want it here we'd be six feet under it:(.
    I know what you mean... Dying for it atm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

i bet you're not sorry at all:p:D

can't say i blame you either. when it comes to this precious white stuff it brings out the gollum in many of us:o

Nah, I was actually being fairly (a bit) genuine there, which is a lot when it comes to hoarding the white stuff! :D
    Looking at the satellite images though, there could be more heading your way....
    Feckin Shannon radar....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

RADAR INFORMATION

The Shannon radar, only one of two in Irish Rep, is having problems. The band is all across the country but the Dublin radar only sees as far west as Tipp County in reasonable detail. Shannon might put up an odd image through the night or even come back fully. They update every 15 minutes.
    Also, the radars are under-reporting precip, especially happens in low height showers and fronts such as tonights.

Felixdhc wrote: »
    I wonder do other sites etc pull radar data from the same source? I.e. the following needs Shannon data?

They look pretty similar...

http://www.meteociel.fr/accueil/radar.php
    yes-theres only the shannon and dublin radar stations so thats where all radar websites get their radar info for Ireland.
    So they are all foobared by wonkty shannon tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

Funny........I thought it was a bunch of hamster wheels :P

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Does anyone think that the band of percip that looks like is gonna hit Dublin looks more like rain rather than snow ?? Im looking at raintoday btw

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Its starting to snow in Swords now.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Can someone tell me whats this heading towards north dub.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

baraca wrote: »
    That'll be the warm air coming ahead of the front it should eventually turn to sleet and then snow when the colder air comes along with the front.

In saying that it's in offaly already?? Must be flying down. Surely hit dublin within the next half hour?

Am in South Dublin just at the foot of Montpelier Hill on the outskirts of Firhouse. No snow here yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Snowed here earlier, now its raining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    On another note....whats going to happen when all that snow melts up in the mountains:eek:

Repeat of last November . . .unless it melts very gradually.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Cocoon wrote: »
    Its starting to snow in Swords now.... :D

wtf, is must have skipped Lusk so?

Edit, I think I have snow... need a better lampost to confirm!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Sleety rain in Donabate now. Here we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Murphdog94 wrote: »
    Funny........I thought it was a bunch of hamster wheels :P

No, that was the old system! :p Anyway, have Radio One on here, somebody text the show to say it was snowing heavily in Dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

the rain has turned to humongous flakes of wet snow now

NACHO GOT SNOW :D:D
    NACHO GOT SNOW :D:D

Danno wrote: »
    RADAR INFORMATION

The Shannon radar, only one of two in Irish Rep, is having problems. The band is all across the country but the Dublin radar only sees as far west as Tipp County in reasonable detail. Shannon might put up an odd image through the night or even come back fully. They update every 15 minutes.
    Also, the radars are under-reporting precip, especially happens in low height showers and fronts such as tonights.
    Against that,radar tends to overplay snow precip a lot as it is measuring a proportion that doesn't reach the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

No, that was the old system! :p Anyway, have Radio One on here, somebody text the show to say it was snowing heavily in Dundalk.

Eh Croppy ...

Wheres my schafernacker ??????????? :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭tomcosgrave

For the last 30 minutes, the Ballymun tower hotel (the new one) and The Spire in O'Connell St are not visible from my attic window. They are within plain sight of me and I am not seeing them.

It's either snow, very heavy rain, or a huge band of fog.
    Nothing directly over me in Dublin 13 yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement