Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion: Widespread Snow Expected Overnight/Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Rackstar wrote: »
    I find this site great for checking the conditions!!

http://homepage.eircom.net/~osprey/irish_mesomap.html

Pity Newbridge is down at the moment!

Good site!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Rougies

Rackstar wrote: »
    I find this site great for checking the conditions!!

http://homepage.eircom.net/~osprey/irish_mesomap.html

Pity Newbridge is down at the moment!

Wow, that's a blast from the past :D Check out their new and improved map :)
    www.irelandsweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

lashing rain here aswell

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

linguist wrote: »
    Hi all. I've been loitering around here for most of the evening. Enjoying the observations and the banter. I would have thought it should be clear that the rain is following on from the initial warm front with the snow accompanying the cold front which isn't far behind. That's what all the charts have been showing, or am I mistaken?

At any rate, it's clear that something's going to happen. I'm in Donabate, north Co. Dublin, and as of now things seem to be overcast and I'd venture to suggest a little warmer than when I last ventured out for a walk about teatime. That would tally with the Dublin Airport observations anyway.

Here's hoping we'll get some of the white stuff anyway, and maybe even a few centimetres over the next day or so.

On a broader note, is anyone else reckoning the schools mightn't re-open as planned on Thursday if this does come to pass? Already the housing estates are treacherous enough and I'd imagine there'll be huge problems with heating and burst pipes in schools.

I'm in Lusk so a little further north, I'll let you know what falls when it arrives here!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Just started snowing quite heavy in Dundalk.

Opr

• Advertisement

hope so thetonynator:D

even though we just ran out of oil n my car just died on me:o a bit of snow wud cheer me up big time:P

might be a cold couple of days for you when it arrives!!

naughto wrote: »
    lashing rain here aswell

where is here???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭squonk

Is the front breaking up on it's western edge or just not being registered properly by the Dublin radar bEcause it's out of range? I think it's the latter but wondering if anyone can confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

How likely is Snow in South Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Felixdhc wrote: »
    I'm in Lusk so a little further north, I'll let you know what falls when it arrives here!

Very good of you, but I can't really wait up. Besides, lots more fun to be had tomorrow methinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

might be a cold couple of days for you when it arrives

my lecky bill will b sky high cause i've oil rads plugged in everywhere:rolleyes:

why does everything seem 2 go wrong at d sametime:confused:

Maybe its the wine (I'm still off till the 11th :P ) but I can't help feeling that "This is the One"

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Huge Snowflakes in Dundalk, Haven't seen snow this heavy in Years!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Raining with a little sleet here in Annagry, West Donegal for the last 3 hours, on top of ice and the roads are tretcherous. 3 degrees now.
    The hail has landed now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Rougies wrote: »
    Wow, that's a blast from the past :D Check out their new and improved map :)
    www.irelandsweather.com

Ahh!! Still like the look of the old site though! Maybe the new one will grow on me!! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

snow ghost wrote: »
    According to NRA website it's snowing in Charlestown, if they are getting the same amount of precipitation we are getting as rain here they could be getting quite a fall. Anyone down that part of the county???

My bad it's saying it's heavy rain - but snow on the road. I'm slightly confused.

Was on the Charlestown bypass earlier and theres still a bit of lying snow from that south-westerly front a few days ago. Maybe that's what they are referring to? Charlestown and particularly the airport are always more likely to get snow because they're a bit higher up.

There's been a lot of snow lying at the airport for days but when you're up there and look into the distance (you can see for miles from up there) you see the snowless lower areas all around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

COME ON MY SNOW!!! :D:D:D:D *waves snow banner*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

the rain has turned to humongous flakes of wet snow now

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

dm09 wrote: »
    Huge Snowflakes in Dundalk, Haven't seen snow this heavy in Years!!! :D

Hopefully a sign of things to come here in Dublin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

What depths of snow are people receiving??

Especially the ones in Louth:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Where are you based?

lol, it only started a few minutes ago in Louth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

About 1cm after 20mins, nice dry snow too!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Caza

brill site! well done
    Very foggy here in trim meath hopefully we will get something never really do!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

we had a nice little snow shower down here in carlow bout 7 ish the radar on met.ie didnt show a thing at that time so personally i would take there rader wiyha pinch of salt:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Nice one nacho! :pac: Tell it to do that here wud ya!!! :cool:

Feckin M2 buoy reading 3c / 1.8dp, how does that leave us in Dublin for Snow? - I suppose, it is in the Irish sea.

http://www.met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Is this warm sector immediately preceeding that band of showers? Because my DP has just hit 0c now and is rising rather than falling. Air temp 1.1c. Can I expect these to drop as the precip begins to fall?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Will hardly be as bad as 1982:snow on beaches,drifts the height of telephone poles,schools shut for a week in Wicklow/North Wexford.:cool:

• Advertisement

Is this warm sector immediately preceeding that band of showers? Because my DP has just hit 0c now and is rising rather than falling. Air temp 1.1c. Can I expect these to drop as the precip begins to fall?

Yes and yes....basically :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement