Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Christmas Freeze Discussion

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

snaps wrote: »
    stopped here now, so that band has passed. very non eventfull unless another band is coming in. its getting brighter as well now! snow has settled, but barely a covering.

was the snow heavy at the back end.... going by the radar there is no rain at the end coming to us so hopefully itll not rain..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

1 degree above zero in Limerick.

Everything still frozen solid. about an inch of glass ice on surfaces

I imagine it will start to melt fairly lively soon.

rooftops are still white though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Happy xmas everyone:D

It started to rain here unfortunately:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

-3 deg and freezing heavy sleet/snow never seen anything like this in all my 29years

naughto wrote: »
    -3 deg and freezing heavy sleet/snow never seen anything like this in all my 29years

were are you currently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

stopped here now, so that band has passed. very non eventfull unless another band is coming in. its getting brighter as well now! snow has settled, but barely a covering.

so it turned fully back to snow with you.:mad::D it's mostly rain with bits of snow here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

danni2 wrote: »
    Happy xmas everyone:D

It started to rain here unfortunately:(

cheers. same to you. sorry to hear that it's raining with you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Jayses Christ, just took a walk out the back to get to the car and I had two nasty bloody falls on the tarmac! Rain is freezing on impact it seems.:o

Not sure if I will get to mass at all today . . . roads are treacherous.

Henry Street Gda Station Limerick will have a warning out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Rain in north tipp, starting to turn sleety now.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

I have never seen Mullingar so white. Very very cold. No rain or snow yet today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Not sure if I will get to mass at all today . . . roads are treacherous.

Feeling guilty here, I meant to go to early mass this morning but slept in. :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

1 degree above zero in Limerick.

Everything still frozen solid. about an inch of glass ice on surfaces

I imagine it will start to melt fairly lively soon.

rooftops are still white though
    The ice will not melt on hard surfaces for days unless there is a lot of warm rain. The ground is too cold.
    Keep an eye on ground temperatures at NRA stations
    http://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/default.asp?regionid=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Mothman wrote: »
    Was just about to post the Shannon obs.
    Driving conditions may the worst in many peoples memory with everything ice with rain falling on frozen surface.
    Repeating what I said earlier where it has been really cold for past few days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

owenc wrote: »
    were are you currently?
    castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Wouldn't expect snow anywhere except inland in Ulster - minus 9 here in Roscommon the past two nights, pipes everywhere frozen..
    but its lashing rain here now at minus 2.8C!
    Road like a bottle - don't be driving people...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Bit of a thaw setting in here near me. There is less snow on hills to the north of me (which are about 330m asl), i haven't been out yet to see how much snow cover remains on higher mountains such as Brandon, Reeks, be interesting to see if it snowed on them.

Road up to my house feels a lot worse than yesterday, since it rained and ice is wet and a lot more slippery

Neddyusa wrote: »
    Wouldn't expect snow anywhere except inland in Ulster - minus 9 the past two nights, pipes everywhere frozen..
    lashing rain here now at minus 2.8C!
    Road like a bottle - don't be driving people...

the pipes here arnt frozen but the smoke coming out of them has frozen to everything!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

1st time its been above freezing here for 4 days.currently 0.1c! Brightening up, seems that was a piss poor band of percip! Yes it snowed very hard at the end of that band of percip.

this snow better come quick temps are now -6c and rising is worrying now because looks like its gonna take ages to come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Happy Christmas To All

Very still and white out.

Rain not far away now.Pity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Steady rain here, washed the ice away quickly enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Rain has passed off here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tipping down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

cheers. same to you. sorry to hear that it's raining with you.
    Thanks, ah well at least I woke up to a nice wintry scene which is something we don't see every xmas, was hoping to see at least a very brief snowfall but wasn't to be.

Rain getting heavy with sleet mixed in now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

1st time its been above freezing here for 4 days.currently 0.1c! Brightening up, seems that was a piss poor band of percip! Yes it snowed very hard at the end of that band of percip.

Gave no more than a light freezing piddle here. Freezing rain stopped about 15mins ago and temp is now up to a tropical -0.8c and rising fast. Increasing wind all the while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

-0.9°C, will be above 0 by 12:15 at the current rate of rise, this precip better get a move on!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It is still a white Christmas here, might change soon.

Supercell wrote: »
    -0.9°C, will be above 0 by 12:15 at the current rate of rise, this precip better get a move on!

i no were gonna be -3c by 1300 this is bad when we rise this quick hopefully snow will hurry up no one has reported snow yet is there anyone on here were the snow is who can tell me what it is like? were is all this coming out of because the radar shows the rain turning to snow by 10:45.

Gave no more than a light freezing piddle here. Freezing rain stopped about 15mins ago and temp is now up to a tropical -0.8c and rising fast. Increasing wind all the while though.

Where exactly are you mate, im in Ballinrobe, reckon you are tuam area?

• Advertisement

owenc wrote: »
    i no were gonna be -3c by 1300 this is bad when we rise this quick hopefully snow will hurry up no one has reported snow yet is there anyone on here were the snow is who can tell me what it is like?

Are you on drugs mate, snow has been reported here, by many of us in mayo area?

Advertisement