Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Anyone any tips for leg cramps???
    Also pelvic tenderness not helping with walking and doing house work.
    Sleep is well and truly a thing of the past now and only hitting 31 weeks!
    How much more do I have to look forward to?

My granny had terrible leg cramps during her pregnancies (as did my mum) and she swore by putting a bowl of warm water under the bed (if you have a base that allows it) before you go to bed at night. It's probably an old wives tale (my mum could never try it because she didn't have the right kind of bed) but it may be worth a try - sometimes grannies know best! :D

She died last June without seeing any great-grandchildren - would love if she were still around to tell her all about my pregnancy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yea Grannys do know best my Gran is in her 80's and has the personality of a 20 year old at times. She has 12 great grand kids and one coming in a few weeks then mine in April. I'm her closest grandchild I lived with her for a long time and grew up in her house, and now she adores the hubby which is nice for both of them. All his grandparents have passed.
    As for the cramps last night was one of my easier nights but today is a new day. Wish I could suppress my dreams now! Nightmares are so real since been Pregnant hard to know whats not real when I wake up

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

Hi ladies, Just a quick question I hope you can help me with. I'm 39weeks tomorrow and for the last cupla days been having cramps and some back pain. Also severe pressure and BH, Then just a little while ago I passed some mucous but wasn't blood tinged at all, was completely clear, Just wondering is that still classed as a show? Any input would be much appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Bummppd that sounds like you lost your mucous plug which i think is different to a show (someone please correct me if I am wrong). You may get your show soon, sounds like you are heading in the right direction!

kitten_k wrote: »
    Bummppd that sounds like you lost your mucous plug which i think is different to a show (someone please correct me if I am wrong). You may get your show soon, sounds like you are heading in the right direction!

Thanks kitten k, Kinda scared now and only yesterday was giving out and wishing things would hurry along :eek:
    So things may still take a while d'ya think??

• Advertisement

It could take a couple of days to start or it could take a couple of hours!!

I would just try to stay calm and relaxed and it will start when baby is ready.

It could take a couple of days to start or it could take a couple of hours!!

I would just try to stay calm and relaxed and it will start when baby is ready.

Ok will try! Thanks again kitten k x

Yea Grannys do know best my Gran is in her 80's and has the personality of a 20 year old at times. She has 12 great grand kids and one coming in a few weeks then mine in April. I'm her closest grandchild I lived with her for a long time and grew up in her house, and now she adores the hubby which is nice for both of them. All his grandparents have passed.
    As for the cramps last night was one of my easier nights but today is a new day. Wish I could suppress my dreams now! Nightmares are so real since been Pregnant hard to know whats not real when I wake up

That's lovely :)

and glad the cramps are better!

Bummppd wrote: »
    Ok will try! Thanks again kitten k x

No problem. You may be the 2nd to go from the February thread!!

No problem. You may be the 2nd to go from the February thread!!

Yeah I know, A lot of mixed emotions right now!!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Make sure you keep us all updated in the thread. Be exciting when all the Feb babies start arriving! Still no sign of my friends little one making an appearance, her due date is this Saturday so hopefully it won't be too long!

Will do! Hopefully won't be long for your friend now, Bet she's getting as impatient as all the rest!

My moan is my due date has been pushed back by a week, not as far along as I thought. Means I probably have longer to wait to meet bubs! In my head I'm just going to think of the original date to make myself feel better :D

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    My moan is my due date has been pushed back by a week, not as far along as I thought. Means I probably have longer to wait to meet bubs! In my head I'm just going to think of the original date to make myself feel better :D

So far I'm measuring the same date as they first said and I'm thinking for there own sake not to tell me I've another week to go I will freak out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Happened me too, went to my appointment convinced I was 15 weeks only 14 and a day, not much, but a week is a long time with a big belly and other complaints. Also, both my children were conceived on Thursdays, what a random thing:rolleyes:

I know the feeling MurdyWurdy, a week is nothing but yet so long. xx

I'm just going to pretend they never said it! I know baby will come in his own time but still, being told you are a week earlier sucks :) I put my measurements into this website and they are all measuring as 20 weeks and not 21 weeks so I guess they're right. Still though, I'm going to live in my bubble for a little while longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I'm just going to pretend they never said it! I know baby will come in his own time but still, being told you are a week earlier sucks :) I put my measurements into this website and they are all measuring as 20 weeks and not 21 weeks so I guess they're right. Still though, I'm going to live in my bubble for a little while longer!

Oooh, can I join you on that one :D

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Oooh, can I join you on that one :D

Of course - let's all do it! Only problem is that at the end we'll have convinced ourselves we're overdue when we're not :)

Been that this is my first I'm betting on been overdue everyone keeps saying you'll carry over...(never tell a hormonal woman that)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

At my last appt (34 weeks) consultant told me I was measuring a week small. But he said that there's a 2-3 week margin of error on either siðe of due date so hopefully when I'm back next week at 37 weeks, he might give me a better indication. I've had no indication of weight yet either other than 'average'.

• Advertisement

What do they say is average?
    be nice to have idea of size before going into hospital so you get the right size clothes or as close as possible
    I'm afraid new born will be too small

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

What do they say is average?
    be nice to have idea of size before going into hospital so you get the right size clothes or as close as possible
    I'm afraid new born will be too small

That's just it, I have no idea what average is! My consultant is a very no nonsense guy who doesn't buy into the whole telling you weight early thing. I'd love to see a midwife but its consultant led from now on. Will see what next week brings!!

I've my next scan tomorrow and I'm gonna see how much info I can get from him. Thing is he has poor english which is frustrating

I'm going to buy mainly 0 - 3 months stuff not newborn, just in case. I'll get one outfit of each size to come home with. Better to have it a little big and roll up the sleeves etc imo.

I've volunteered for a study the maternity hospitals are doing where they are taking extra scans at 39 weeks and seeing if they can see any pattern in birth rate vs their predictions and if it's possible to tell by scans if you are more likely to have a c section. I was happy to be involved, anything that can help out and make the predictions more accurate is a great idea! It'd be great to know more about baby's size before they are born.

Average doesn't tell you very much though, does it? That's anywhere between 6 and 8 lbs really. Hope you get more info!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Ah boo... Well you never know, you might go a week early anyway! The same happened with me but only by 3 days. That could still change though.

For a change, I have nothing to moan about! Very little ms since Saturday, WOO!!

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Ah boo... Well you never know, you might go a week early anyway! The same happened with me but only by 3 days. That could still change though.

For a change, I have nothing to moan about! Very little ms since Saturday, WOO!!

Yay - that's fantastic news! I really hope the lull lasts :) I had a few breaks during my ms before it came back so I recommend you eat as much as you possibly can while you're feeling good. You'll probably be fine from now on but just in case, start stuffing your face! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

At my dating scan I was sure I was 12wks plus 3days but scan measured at 11wks. And then at my 21 wk scan the measurements were bang on. Since 24weeks I've been told by my gp, 3 midwives and my consultant that baby is very big, so on Friday I asked consultant if she would change my dates back to my date which is 10 days before the scan due date but she said even tho baby is bigger than average she won't change my dates because based on scan date at 21 weeks baby would have measured small for the due date to be 10 days earlier. So I think you are better going with the later date at least that way you won't be driven mad when your own due date comes and goes! But I know a week or 10 days seems like a life time well it did for me but eventually got my head around it!

Yay - that's fantastic news! I really hope the lull lasts :) I had a few breaks during my ms before it came back so I recommend you eat as much as you possibly can while you're feeling good. You'll probably be fine from now on but just in case, start stuffing your face! :D

Oh there has been face stuffing, believe me!! My tum didnt know what was going on, its shrunk to the size of a pea.

But in other news, the vomits are back.

Boo... :-(

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Oh there has been face stuffing, believe me!! My tum didnt know what was going on, its shrunk to the size of a pea.

But in other news, the vomits are back.

Boo... :-(

Boo indeed :( I was hoping you were done with the vomits! You sound very similar to me. I had a few times where the sickness lifted for a few days and then came back again. All you can do is roll with it really! It struck me as a bit of a cruel trick for your body/the baby to play on you though. Even at 21 weeks I still have to puke occasionally but only once every two days or so so it will get better! Glad that you got some face stuffing done.

I had my anomaly scan yesterday and was able to see the baby so clearly because of losing weight at the beginning so that was something slightly positive if it makes you feel any better! :P

• Advertisement

Boo indeed :( I was hoping you were done with the vomits! You sound very similar to me. I had a few times where the sickness lifted for a few days and then came back again. All you can do is roll with it really! It struck me as a bit of a cruel trick for your body/the baby to play on you though. Even at 21 weeks I still have to puke occasionally but only once every two days or so so it will get better! Glad that you got some face stuffing done.

I had my anomaly scan yesterday and was able to see the baby so clearly because of losing weight at the beginning so that was something slightly positive if it makes you feel any better! :P

In an odd way Im relieved, because Im still so early I was afraid my lack of symptoms was an indication of the worst!
    I never thought I'd be grateful to be sick, lol!

Im delighted to hear your scan went so well, and you've reminded me to book mine! Did you get a pic? :-) Will you get a 3D/4D scan? I really want to get one done but must suss where to get them in cork.

Advertisement