Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

ah no i would have been highly annoyed at that as well! you know, the thing about smoking is, you dont know how bad you smell until you stop smoking. I never thought i smelled of smoke until I stopped smoking and then i realized that I must have! My OH has quit as well but he didnt stop smoking until around november...and I could tell when he had smoked one an hour or two earlier!

and when you are pregnant and your hormone levels are high the ability to smell any and everything is incredible! its like a super power or something...I never realized that limerick city center smelled of horse poo until I became pregnant...and then thats all i could smell! I dont think i can smell it anymore thank god...going to town was awful when i could though!

the maternity campus in limerick is now meant to be non-smoking and smokers are supposed to go to the gates now to smoke...when they first started that around june or july you would see tons of them out there, now that the weather is bad they all are huddled by the front doors again.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

sooo tired today and my ex has been such a pain this week feel so fed up..like if ur going to break up with me while im preg stay living in the same house as me the least ud think he'd do is be civil ahhhhh im an emotional wreck as it is dont need he's crap.. men so annoying :( on a brighter note finally got my buggy yeaa and even better got it from 600 down to 450 thank god i priced around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

if one more person asks me if ive had this damn baby my brain will explode. I can't get away from it...calling my cell, calling my house...if I dont respond I get another text message going are you in the hospital?!? GRRR :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

missymad wrote: »
    sooo tired today and my ex has been such a pain this week feel so fed up..

That sucks :( u poor thing! I'm so sorry to hear that!! you deserve so much better hun!

I'm only 3 months in and in comparison, I have nothing to complain about haha, but pains (I assume its growing),its so uncomfortable.. I cannot wait till I can see him/ her.

Congrats to everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

When you're going in for a routine appointment at the hospital do you really need your husband/boyfriend/lover/whoever there to hold your hand? Perhaps some ladies actually do legitimately need a partner with them but could everyone else please leave them at home? It's just extra bodies in an already small enough room/hallway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My husband only ever came with me for the scans otherwise I went on my own. We were just talking about this yesterday. The waiting room packed with husbands, partners, mums, mums on law, sisters, kids all taking up seats and leaving heavily pregnant women standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

You just reminded me of another thing. Women with prams almost colliding with me bump-first. I'm left thinking "But you yourself were in my position fairly recently, can you not have a little biit more sense?"

Then again I'm a bit sore on women with prams these days after witnessing how many barged through my 11 year old sister and her wheelchair because they felt that they needed the elevator/ramp first and she could just wait I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Well it's 1.43 a.m. and I'm 'home' for Christmas. Officially due tomorrow and starting to feel extremely uncomfortable. Just been woken up to the poor dad getting sick :( and my mother already has a bad case of the flu. Was planning on heading home to my own house in the morning but can't if they're both still sick and I have a prenatal appt on Thursday. Oh and the messages on Facebook asking if I've had the baby have begun...aaarrrggghhh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Sick to the back teeth of not being able to sleep past 2am!!!
    Good luck piper hopefully things will start moving soon for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Thumby can you get a nap during the day when you wake up at night like that? I seem to sleep till about 4 and then I'm awake till about 7 when I fall asleep for another hour.

My moan today is that, at 39 weeks people have already started asking if there's any news or if I've had the baby yet. Yes I had the baby but its a secret baby so I'm not telling you....aaaaggghhhh. As if I wouldn't tell ppl when the baba come....!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

My moan (25 weeks in) is my back and my right hip. My lil baby is pushing on a nerve causing awful pains so much I cant walk half the time and cooking xmas dinner was fun. How I didnt drop the turkey is beyond me

One the women from where I live has just had a girl and the other is due any day with a boy wishing I was bringing baby home now I was never blessed with patients

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Ok forewarning!! This is an icky moan!! Woke up this morning with poxy piles and by jesus they hurt. Never had them on any of my others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thumby wrote: »
    Ok forewarning!! This is an icky moan!! Woke up this morning with poxy piles and by jesus they hurt. Never had them on any of my others!

Oh poor you,:( I'm terrified of getting piles! For the laugh you should watch some of Jim Jeffries stand-up (it is very rude though so not if you are easily offended!). He gets piles regularly and does a really funny routine about going to the doctor about it :)

ok so bit of an emotional wreck at the mo with everything going on so decided a good auld cry was in order, all was going well had my tissues, big red nose, blood shot eyes the usual preg hormonal things we do(or maybe its just me) then i hear (ex) mammy inlaw in the kitchen calling me.. ahhhhh ill remember to take the key outta the door next time so my little man wont open it.. how crindge worthy thank god she didnt comment.... laughing now at the thoughts of what i must av looked like haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Back to work tomorrow after a lovely Xmas break and its gonna be manic. Worst case of the fear ever. *whimpers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Rant about holles st. I had trouble before with ringing them, the line just went dead or no one would pick up and i tried this for three days straight before someone eventually got back to me. this was to first book in my pregnancy. as this is my first, i thought that the appointment i had got would have been my scan. my letter from the hospital arrived a week later n it said i had to ring the fetal assessment area separately to book my scan. very disappointed as i thought it was booked. i've been trying to ring them all day today and the line just automatically gives me an engaged tone n dies. i rang the switchboard n they wouldn't put me through and were very rude. why can't i get through!??!?! it's so annoying!! i'm 12.5 weeks.. i need a scan soon, right?

My first scan was 16-17 weeks seemingly they changed it. But I went to my doctor and she sent me to the early pregnancy unit so I was seen at 13 weeks just to stop me stressing. Might been an option?

loubian wrote: »
    Rant about holles st. I had trouble before with ringing them, the line just went dead or no one would pick up and i tried this for three days straight before someone eventually got back to me. this was to first book in my pregnancy. as this is my first, i thought that the appointment i had got would have been my scan. my letter from the hospital arrived a week later n it said i had to ring the fetal assessment area separately to book my scan. very disappointed as i thought it was booked. i've been trying to ring them all day today and the line just automatically gives me an engaged tone n dies. i rang the switchboard n they wouldn't put me through and were very rude. why can't i get through!??!?! it's so annoying!! i'm 12.5 weeks.. i need a scan soon, right?

Loubian Holles Street don't scan you until you are between 20-22 weeks and they do the "big" anomaly scan. It's their proceedure. I had my booking in apt at 14 weeks and the midwife found the hb with a doppler and then I was in the thyroid clinic at 18 weeks and the doc on duty did a mini scan ( I barely caught a look at babs!) Any scan I had done prior to the big one at 21 weeks we have paid for privately.... It's a pain but this is the way Holles Street do it, there is such variance between the hospitals.

I rang the fetal assessment twice, to book and confirm on 01 6373217/6373218 and got through very quickly. Sorry to hear you had a tough time with the switch, they certainly shouldn't be rude to you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Yeah, I'm with Holles St and they don't do your first scan (the anomaly one) until 18 - 22 weeks. When I had my 12 week booking in appointment they did do a mini scan though, just to be nice! I booked in for my anomaly scan the day I booked my pregnancy with them because I had a letter telling me to ring the fetal assessment unit separately.

I've never had trouble getting through to them though, sorry to hear that. We had to call them today as my GP has referred me to go in due to severe morning sickness and we got through to a midwive after two tries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Digs wrote: »

Loubian Holles Street don't scan you until you are between 20-22 weeks and they do the "big" anomaly scan. It's their proceedure. I had my booking in apt at 14 weeks and the midwife found the hb with a doppler and then I was in the thyroid clinic at 18 weeks and the doc on duty did a mini scan ( I barely caught a look at babs!) Any scan I had done prior to the big one at 21 weeks we have paid for privately.... It's a pain but this is the way Holles Street do it, there is such variance between the hospitals.

I rang the fetal assessment twice, to book and confirm on 01 6373217/6373218 and got through very quickly. Sorry to hear you had a tough time with the switch, they certainly shouldn't be rude to you..

Hey, thanks for your reply! Where did you have the private scans? Were you going private, of did you just decide to get a private scan done because you couldn't wait?

• Advertisement

loubian wrote: »
    Hey, thanks for your reply! Where did you have the private scans? Were you going private, of did you just decide to get a private scan done because you couldn't wait?

No probs. I am a public patient in holles street. We went to Mount Carmel hospital for a private scan at 12 weeks before telling everyone I was pregnant http://www.pregnancyultrasound.ie/

I also got one done in the merrion fetal clinic at 6 weeks just to make sure everything was in the right place as I was having alot of pain on one side so wanted to rule out etopic pregnancy http://www.merrionfetalhealth.ie/.

Both places charge about 95euro. If you google pregnancy ultrasound a few places come up also. If your booking in appointment is quite soon you might be just aswell holding off though. The midwife will def try find the HeartBeat with the doppler which is really all they look at during a mini scan so is just as good for reassurance. Unless you are unsure of your dates, you would need an ultrasound to confirm this :). I know it's easy for me to say though, I remember at that stage really wanting the scan to be certain everything was ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I'm fat :( much bigger this time round for 6 months. My back hurts. No clothes fit. I'm tired all the time. Cranky.

dublinlady wrote: »
    I'm fat :( much bigger this time round for 6 months. My back hurts. No clothes fit. I'm tired all the time. Cranky.

I'm a week off 7 months and I'm feeling it back wise. Iv put on very little weight but iv got a noticeable belly all the same. Got my 27 week scan on Tuesday will see how much weight iv gathered then! As for been tired I hear ya, iv been painting the last two days and after couple hours iv to stop cause I feel sick. Im used to been able soldier on its hard to have to slow down. But a cup of tea gets me back on track

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm 31.5 weeks now and feel like I'm carrying the weight of the world some days. I've put n more weight than I should have..(totally allowed myself overindulge in EVERYTHING!). Am a a bit mad at myself now that I've done this as I know I'm going to find it hard to shift it after march :(

On the plus side, I've started to gather all the bits for my hospital bag....makes it so real!!

its hard not to indulge tho isnt it im d same but thamk god i havent actually put up to much weight so im hoping ill get bk training once babs is here, its easier said than done tho.. im 34.5wks now nd av ad an easy pregnancy which is great but the last few days i really feel pregnant iv started to woddle a bit ha i reckon baby is moving down as its getting harder to walk nd av loads little pains that i didnt av last week, im not complaining tho as it means an end is in sight and babs is getting him/herself ready yeaaa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm 31.5 weeks now and feel like I'm carrying the weight of the world some days. I've put n more weight than I should have..(totally allowed myself overindulge in EVERYTHING!). Am a a bit mad at myself now that I've done this as I know I'm going to find it hard to shift it after march :(

On the plus side, I've started to gather all the bits for my hospital bag....makes it so real!!

Yeah I've over eaten also... But been bloody hungry!! Although I've not been the healthiest :(

Flipping Braxton hicks started yest.... Thought 23 weeks was a little early fir that! Maybe it's cos it's number 2?

Painting.... Fair play to ya! I'd never last 2 hrs... ;)

YH - almost 32 weeks!!!! Exciting times!!!! The weeks are flying by!!

I'm feeling a bit huge myself this week. I was exactly the same the last time and I remember having a huge growth spurt around 23 weeks.

I feel ok in general although I'm tired most of the time from looking after a toddler. Thankfully my back has been ok so far. I'm found my stretching exercises every night and that helps. I'm back to yoga on Tuesday so looking forward to that.

I was having strong braxton hicks on Christmas week but they seemed to have died down again now.

I have to stop eating chocolate though :S We've eaten the last of the Christmas goodies and I'm not buying anything else from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

dublinlady wrote: »
    YH - almost 32 weeks!!!! Exciting times!!!! The weeks are flying by!!

I know, I'm so excited!!

Its mad, all I've wanted to eat has been crap! Am really going to try and curb it for the last 8 weeks though, am beginning to worry that I could have a giant baby !!

I haven't felt any braxton hicks but then I've read that a lot of people don't on their first. Your muscles might be a little looser after having a baby so recently so maybe 23 weeks is normal?

Missymad, I've had a very easy pregnancy too and like you am feeling the sheer weight of the baby now. Was in docs on Friday and the head is now down so that might explain the sudden change. Am defo waddling around now too!

• Advertisement

YH I had the BH on and off in the last few weeks but had them constantly (or so I thought) for 2 days before my waters broke. A midwife told me afterwards that it could've been early contractions. Nothing sore, just very uncomfortable especially if you're lying down as you're beached until the contraction finishes.

Advertisement