Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

im bk in at docs either tommorow or tues for my app but when i was there a few weeks ago he said babs head was down already so hopefully it stays that way.. its made it real tho d last few days that babys coming,on my first i had everything done so early room ready bags packed nd all that but this time iv left alot till last min,the babys room is still not painted nd i cant do it myself now.. the time has just flown by...

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

6 weeks gone with my first, called Nugget for now :-) and morning sickness has taken over my life! The only relief I get is when I lie down, but thats not possible in work so I suffer for 9+ hours. Ginger, acupuncture bands, peppermint - none of the traditional remedies work :-( Dreading telling the bosses Im pregnant coz I only started last Nov. Had to take a sick day today, if this keeps up Im gonna have to tell them before 12 weeks.

On the plus side, my OH is being fantastic, hes my rock.
    Great, crying again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    6 weeks gone with my first, called Nugget for now :-) and morning sickness has taken over my life! The only relief I get is when I lie down, but thats not possible in work so I suffer for 9+ hours. Ginger, acupuncture bands, peppermint - none of the traditional remedies work :-( Dreading telling the bosses Im pregnant coz I only started last Nov. Had to take a sick day today, if this keeps up Im gonna have to tell them before 12 weeks.

On the plus side, my OH is being fantastic, hes my rock.
    Great, crying again.

I had to tell my work earlier because I had (and have) severe morning sickness. Nothing anyone recommended worked for me either and I got sick of being told to eat ginger nuts! I also only felt anyway decent when in bed lying down. I don't know how I got through the last three months, tbh, I was like a zombie. Sleeping in my car at lunch time was a big help to me! Is it lots of vomiting or just nausea?

I would have loved to be one of those women that sail through their pregnancies but unfortunately I'm not - it upset me for a while, i felt really weak but it's just the way life goes and nobody knows why some women get it so bad.

I expected my MS to magically go away at 12 weeks but I'm 17 weeks now and still sick - ended up in hospital last week because of it. I haven't been too bad the last few days though so I'm hoping I'm turning a corner. Just keep an eye on your fluids and if you get to the point where you can't keep water down (or sometimes your own saliva!) go and see your doctor. I found that difficult, that in your first 12 weeks you don't see anyone so how do you know if you're bad enough to need medical help? I think the not keeping water down was the tipping point for me, had to go to hospital and go on a drip.

You have my complete sympathies, it's awful and congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm told the sickness is worth it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Hi MurdyWurdy ( luv the name!), yeah both nausea and vomiting, but Im able to keep small amounts down later in the days so thats something at least. Saw the maternity nurse in my GPs this morning and Im only a little dehydrated so no cause for concern yet. She did recommend lucozade citrus though to help replace electrolites, etc so Im slowly sipping on that.

17 weeks of MS, you poor pet!! If its of any comfort, my friend was sick for same length of time on her second but was fine afterwards, hopefully you will be too. *hug*
    And of course, hearty congrats to you too and your pending bundle, it'll be worth it!

Sod it, Im taking tomorrow off too.

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Hi MurdyWurdy ( luv the name!), yeah both nausea and vomiting, but Im able to keep small amounts down later in the days so thats something at least. Saw the maternity nurse in my GPs this morning and Im only a little dehydrated so no cause for concern yet. She did recommend lucozade citrus though to help replace electrolites, etc so Im slowly sipping on that.

17 weeks of MS, you poor pet!! If its of any comfort, my friend was sick for same length of time on her second but was fine afterwards, hopefully you will be too. *hug*
    And of course, hearty congrats to you too and your pending bundle, it'll be worth it!

Sod it, Im taking tomorrow off too.

Do take the day off - I took a few days at about 8/9 weeks because I physically could not get out of bed. Like you I felt bad because I only stared work here in September (and basically got pregnant immediately!)

Good that you spoke to the nurse, I might try that lucozade now! Great that you can eat later in the day, I've learned if I fancy anything just eat it before the feeling goes away! One that that did (and does) help me is constant eating, i.e. eating small things every hour instead of big meals. You have to laugh really or you'd go mad, I've puked all over Dublin at this stage, feel like an expert :D

Trying to look at the positives too, I lost quite a bit of weight in the first trimester so less baby weight to lose afterwards and because I went in to hospital twice I got two extra scans. The baby waved in one (well, moved his/her arm, that's waving, right?!) which made me feel a million times better.

Fingers crossed you feel better very soon and it only goes on for a few more weeks. Enjoy your day at home and tomorrow too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Can I take a day off? I live at home, n my stepdad happens to be a boss where I work so can't really take days off when I'm feeling exhausted :( my back is super sore these days, but I am carrying a lot of stress at the moment. I'm desperate for a massage but I've no money until 31st Jan :( I hate being paid monthly! Read today that the baby will hear my voice in two weeks, can't wait to say hello! :):):)

Oh, n this might seem like a silly question, but us bigger girls, do we show later than normal. I have a belly, it's not ginormous but its not small either, n I'm afraid I won't show at all.. Will the fat in my belly be stretched out, or will it be pushed forward so my belly will look even bigger?? I wanna look pregnant!! I'm 13.5 weeks so I know I won't start showing for a while

ok so i apoligise in advance for my moan.. cant stop crying this morn have so much to do and just cant seem to get my head around what a crappy time im having.. going through the most horrible seperation and only have 4wks left before babs arrives.. the last few months have just been so miserable. what makes it worse is that we have to stay living together which seemed like a good idea with the baby coming but now that we cant get on(even tho im bending over backwards to try and make it easy)its just sooo hard..he's started going away at nights when our little man is in bed and just not coming back till the morning which means i get no sleep(partly because i know its he's ex he's staying with).... sooo sorry about the long rant ladies but at my wits end lack of sleep has me worn down and just hoping that im not stressing my baby out to much so i feel guilty aswell as everthing else....

missymad wrote: »
    ok so i apoligise in advance for my moan.. cant stop crying this morn have so much to do and just cant seem to get my head around what a crappy time im having.. going through the most horrible seperation and only have 4wks left before babs arrives.. the last few months have just been so miserable. what makes it worse is that we have to stay living together which seemed like a good idea with the baby coming but now that we cant get on(even tho im bending over backwards to try and make it easy)its just sooo hard..he's started going away at nights when our little man is in bed and just not coming back till the morning which means i get no sleep(partly because i know its he's ex he's staying with).... sooo sorry about the long rant ladies but at my wits end lack of sleep has me worn down and just hoping that im not stressing my baby out to much so i feel guilty aswell as everthing else....

I'm so sorry to hear that, you sound like you're having a terrible time and what an awful situation :( Do you have any family that can help? Maybe mind your son for one night so you can get some sleep? Or can you stay with a friend for a night maybe? A lack of sleep can make everything seem worse than it is. Things always seem insurmountable when your brain is clouded by just sheer exhaustion - and we all know how tiring pregnancy is at the best of times. Don't worry about the baby, he/she is probably in there oblivious to everything, nice and comfy and warm :)

Rant away here anyway - as much as you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

missymad I cant imagine what your going through I couldnt cope with any added pressure to my lack of sleep. I'm not sure what at this point could help but maybe a girls night in? just some family or few friends and watch a movie get each person to bring some kinda nibblies and have a good old chat or a sob or whatever comes at the time I'm sure they would like to help you. As for the situation your in is there any way you can manage without living together maybe cutting ties in that way will help and just have him involved with the birth and things like that then you wont know if he was at home last night or else where just it seems like your torturing yourself and no guy's worth that. Put you and bump first you need this time to relax not stress

Thanks, Have great family about an hour away but my mam isnt that well so i try not to worry them to much, i do have 2 very good friends near me tho who id be gone totally insane without.. i think what gets to me is that im such a possitive person usually and sooo not a cryer but im just at my wits end, its so hard watching some1 u love so much walking out the door every evening not knowing if they will come home that night or not.. im just so lucky that iv had a good pregnancy listening to some of ye'r stories i feel guilty complaining about things.. just wish i was bringing my baby into a happier time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

I'm just back from my hospital check up. 39+1 today. The dr was very dismissive!! She scanned me and said baby head is high up and that I need to walk around more (althought 2 weeks ago I was told baby was deeply engaged??)

She said see you next week.

Tried to tell her that I was having lots of headaches this week and her response was well your bp is fine so see you next week. Didn't even get to tell her ant the blurred vision I was getting. I didn't even get to sit on the chair. She just scanned me and that was it.

I'm annoyed that I actually just excepted it and walked out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Nicky987 wrote: »
    I'm just back from my hospital check up. 39+1 today. The dr was very dismissive!! She scanned me and said baby head is high up and that I need to walk around more (althought 2 weeks ago I was told baby was deeply engaged??)

She said see you next week.

Tried to tell her that I was having lots of headaches this week and her response was well your bp is fine so see you next week. Didn't even get to tell her ant the blurred vision I was getting. I didn't even get to sit on the chair. She just scanned me and that was it.

I'm annoyed that I actually just excepted it and walked out!

So can the baby moved from an engaged position back up into the uterus again? What hospital are you in nicky?

I'm at the rotunda.

Yes believe they can move but I feel the baby has been in the same position for a while now. It was more just her dismissal of it all really. I didn't even sit on the chair that's how quick it was!!!

Nicky987 wrote: »
    I'm at the rotunda.

Yes believe they can move but I feel the baby has been in the same position for a while now. It was more just her dismissal of it all really. I didn't even sit on the chair that's how quick it was!!!

Oh, I didn't realise they could dis-engage! I m dreading that feeling of being told that its not happening yet. Am preparing myself to go over!

On a side note, I have been reading the infant and toddler thread which is about where nappies are currently cheap. I am totally bamboozled by the amount of pampers out there. For a new baby for example, there's sizes 1 and 2 which come in a newborn pack and also a regular green pack. What's the difference?

O I opulent know. I have two pack of size one and a pack of size two. Going to get more when I know how big / small the little one is when she arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Ooh, forgot this was here. It was set up after my last child.

I am finding that my MS is getting worse as time goes on. I am 14 +5 and have had it worse in the last 2 weeks than the previous 6 combined. Last Friday I had to travel by Bus Eireann and to my humiliation I was sick in two separate buses. I had to take off my shirt and jacket and get sick into them (I was wearing a T-Shirt underneath) I find any night I wake with a headache, no matter what I do, the next day is a migraine and vomiting. I cannot wait for my hospital appointment to talk it over with someone.

Today I have had to deal with a sick child while having headaches and MS. Some parent allowed their child to preschool with a severe cough and has passed it around the classroom. I have had to play nurse while making sure I don't get it with only two days to my appointment, since the Rotunda have a strict "no flu like symptoms" policy. My poor little man is in bits and with my head and stomach it has been just a sh!t day. His ears seem blocked up because he needs the TV louder and is nearly yelling when I tell him to just talk, poor fella keeps saying sadly "But I am Mummy" so clearly he has a full on head cold at the very least. It'll be a long night. But calpol has made him feel better so with bedtime in an hour I am looking forward to just getting a hot shower and reheating the stew I cooked yesterday.

Enough of my troubles, I hope everyone else is feeling better. I feel crappy for complaining about my normal MS when at least Murdy Wurdy and Pat McGee are having severe sickness.

wolfpawnat wrote: »

I am finding that my MS is getting worse as time goes on. I am 14 +5 and have had it worse in the last 2 weeks than the previous 6 combined. Last Friday I had to travel by Bus Eireann and to my humiliation I was sick in two separate buses. I had to take off my shirt and jacket and get sick into them (I was wearing a T-Shirt underneath) I find any night I wake with a headache, no matter what I do, the next day is a migraine and vomiting. I cannot wait for my hospital appointment to talk it over with someone.

Today I have had to deal with a sick child while having headaches and MS. Some parent allowed their child to preschool with a severe cough and has passed it around the classroom. I have had to play nurse while making sure I don't get it with only two days to my appointment, since the Rotunda have a strict "no flu like symptoms" policy. My poor little man is in bits and with my head and stomach it has been just a sh!t day. His ears seem blocked up because he needs the TV louder and is nearly yelling when I tell him to just talk, poor fella keeps saying sadly "But I am Mummy" so clearly he has a full on head cold at the very least. It'll be a long night. But calpol has made him feel better so with bedtime in an hour I am looking forward to just getting a hot shower and reheating the stew I cooked yesterday.

Enough of my troubles, I hope everyone else is feeling better. I feel crappy for complaining about my normal MS when at least Murdy Wurdy and Pat McGee are having severe sickness.

Complain away, ms is miserable no matter how severe it is and it's nice to share your experiences with people who understand. I vomited on myself more than once while driving, I know what it's like! I got worse at 14/15 weeks and then got better at 17 weeks so fingers crossed you'll be the same. It's just so debilitating, I'm still recovering. I'm discussing giving up work with my hubby because I'm just not able for full time work.

Sounds like you had a **** day so here's to a better one tomorrow. Being pregnant is no picnic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

It's not even 9 o clock and i'm already angry at the world. My mother will not treat me like an adult. I'm sick of her telling me what to do. If I had the money, I'd be gone from there. I need my independence, my freedom, my own place with my own rules. I'm sick of feeling uncomfortable at home because my mam is always giving out about something. NOT in a good mood today.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

I am finding that my MS is getting worse as time goes on. I am 14 +5 and have had it worse in the last 2 weeks than the previous 6 combined. Last Friday I had to travel by Bus Eireann and to my humiliation I was sick in two separate buses. I had to take off my shirt and jacket and get sick into them (I was wearing a T-Shirt underneath) I find any night I wake with a headache, no matter what I do, the next day is a migraine and vomiting.

You poor thing. I get migranes so I especially sympathise. I'm not sure if you have given up/reduced your caffiene intake but have you tried drinking a can of coke when you feel the migrane coming on? Not the healthiest suggestion I'm sure but it has gotten me out of a very tight spot a few times this pregnancy-settled my tummy and headache has abated.

wicklori wrote: »
    You poor thing. I get migranes so I especially sympathise. I'm not sure if you have given up/reduced your caffiene intake but have you tried drinking a can of coke when you feel the migrane coming on? Not the healthiest suggestion I'm sure but it has gotten me out of a very tight spot a few times this pregnancy-settled my tummy and headache has abated.

Would you believe, I used to drink about 3-4 energy drinks a day as well as caffeinated coffee, and now I am on only about 2 cups of caffeinated tea and I have the biggest cravings for cans of coca cola, not bottles, but cans. I may try it. It may be the caffeine difference.

Migraines are horrific, though I usually only got one every so often, I have had three since New Years now. hopefully it is just my body settling into it's new situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Would you believe, I used to drink about 3-4 energy drinks a day as well as caffeinated coffee, and now I am on only about 2 cups of caffeinated tea and I have the biggest cravings for cans of coca cola, not bottles, but cans. I may try it. It may be the caffeine difference.

Migraines are horrific, though I usually only got one every so often, I have had three since New Years now. hopefully it is just my body settling into it's new situation.
    It might not even be so much caffeine difference as the caffeine might work as a pain killer because you aren't consuming so much-that's my makey-uppy theory-I don't care why it works but I can tell you that it works for me-so definitely try it-isn't anything worth a try when the pain is that bad!!!

wicklori wrote: »
    It might not even be so much caffeine difference as the caffeine might work as a pain killer because you aren't consuming so much-that's my makey-uppy theory-I don't care why it works but I can tell you that it works for me-so definitely try it-isn't anything worth a try when the pain is that bad!!!

Especially when I just had two midwives and a OB tell me that I can only take paracetamol for the next few months. I think I would try most things!!!!

Today iv been having a lot of discomfort specially the pelvic area is it normal at 29 weeks I know I'm gonna have growth spurts but this is sometimes slightly painful when iv to walk and do housework iv tried a bath and it helped until I got out again! Just not sure how normal it is

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pamc25

Great somewhee i can moan and not been moaned back at lol....

ok... am 33weeks, have spd and finding the every day to day tasks very hard and night time to turn to my right side ohh god the pian is sooo bad, also i get heartburn day and night, cant sit up for long as my ribs cage feels like its going to brake lol, when i lye down it makes no difference at all i look like a whale every long top is now a belly top so am cold all the time ohh and getting colds left right and center, have a 2 and 4 year old so just trying to deal with them is something else, my partner blanks me when i moan now ehh hello.... pregnant women in pain, all he says is ahh you dont have long left, seems like everyone is poping there baby out and iam STILL pregnant. feel like crying all the time, cant handle this anymore.........................

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pamc25

spd? check it out online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

So over emotional it's not funny... Get a cloud of rage over me and in bad humour with everyone and can never remember why! :mad:

Ah, the rage - sounds familiar :)

I'm at home on bed rest. It's not even 9am and I'm bored. Would love to get up and do some bits and pieces but I'm not allowed bend or lift anything. I feel a bit ridiculous.This baby is really throwing everything at me! :)

My upper body feels like it was in a car crash. My chest and my ribs feel like there gonna break and there bruised or something. Its so horrible at night and as for my pelvis walking bending carrying or just standing it feels like its been pulled apart in two different directions and nothing makes it feel any better. I do all the cooking and cleaning and lighting the fire and so on that I cant just sit around I need to be able do things. Hubby works all week and has training some of the evenings too so I gotta do the stuff and have dinner done wouldnt be fair for him to have to do it. I dont mind doing the stuff just the last week the pains that have surfaced are killing me

Im 34 +4 now and this is the first week where I get shooting pains from trying to sit, stand or make any suddden movement. I dont mind too much as im sure its normal but the eh...flatulence this week is killing me!!!!

• Advertisement

Are the shooting pains going up your ladygarden area? I was reading the other day about "fanny forks" and I'm a bit intrigued. Wondering how common they are?!

Advertisement