Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Are the shooting pains going up your ladygarden area? I was reading the other day about "fanny forks" and I'm a bit intrigued. Wondering how common they are?!

Fanny forks?!?! Haha now I'm imtrigued!!!!

I'm lucky my husband helps out alot.... If he didn't I think I'd have a total meltdown. My 11 month old is being a total diva and throwing strops all the time! She wants up , down, here, there.. And cos she can't talk its sometimes impossible to figure out what's up!! Little madam... Wonder where she gets that from ;)

Why the bed rest murdy? That sounds awful :( I can only imagine the frustration! But stick to it as generally these things are for your own good! I'm getting better at being lazier..,! When I get a chance to be! Which mind I is not very often at the mo! But when there's an opportunity to sit on my bum and do nothing I'm there!!!!!

Also want to moan that I've still over ten weeks til maternity leave.... How's that even possible..... Ten more weeks.. I feel like I'm waddling now! Plus I work in retail and sick to death of every single customer asking me when I'm due , saying it must be soon... They mean well but I hate having to say.. No only 26 weeks.. Another 3 months at least to go!!!! Over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Are the shooting pains going up your ladygarden area? I was reading the other day about "fanny forks" and I'm a bit intrigued. Wondering how common they are?!

I think I might have had those! Mild ones mind you, but I used to get them with periods too sometimes. Great name for them :D

If you are on bed rest Murdy, stock up on books, and read them while you you can. I'm a reader and usually always had a book on the go, but after I got out of hospital with the baby I was too exhausted to read a paragraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

I woke up during the night with pains down really low on my left side in my pelvis area, i was rubbing around for ages and eventually fell asleep again, when i woke up this morning i had the same pains again, i got this shooting pain in the same area when i was walking that stopped me in my tracks and i actually let out a bit of a groan, then got the shooting pain up through me. still have a slight pain but nothing as bad as this morning, im finding my breathing is quite loud and im getting bad indigestion the last few days. I feel like a complete moan but im getting really uncomfortable at this stage and i've another 7+ weeks to go :( i've had it relatively easy up until i hit about 30 weeks and now i feel im struggling :( i think been in work makes me feel much worse aswel! roll on maternity leave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I get fanny forks when I have my period too so that's why I was wondering how common they are in pregnancy. They're a bit uncomfortable.

I'm supposed to rest for the rest of the week and do as little as possible due to sharp lower abdomen/back pains. Doc was very firm! I've just handed my notice in at work because I'm not able for it anymore. I'm only 20 weeks so feel like a bit of a pleb! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

Hi all, Hope all Mammies and Bumps are happy and healthy! I'm 38 weeks and have had those "Fanny forks" as ya call them, They are quite uncomfortable but thankfully don't last too long! Asked doc about them and she said they're normal.. Although I don't know what Normal is anymore! Don't feel like a pleb Murdy, If you're not able for it, You're not able end of! Better to be safe! Wishing you well x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

I get fanny forks when I have my period too so that's why I was wondering how common they are in pregnancy. They're a bit uncomfortable.

I'm supposed to rest for the rest of the week and do as little as possible due to sharp lower abdomen/back pains. Doc was very firm! I've just handed my notice in at work because I'm not able for it anymore. I'm only 20 weeks so feel like a bit of a pleb! :)

Fanny forks. LMFAO!!! Fantastic phrase, love it.

You poor petal, you're really having an awful time of it. *hugs* Take advantage of the rest, at this stage you deserve it! Move the tv to the bedroom, start reading, take up knitting! Im thinking of doing the same after the doc signed me off on sick leave until further notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

ok so i really dont understand how its fair that someone 38wks preg should be inflicted with the vomiting bug ahhh :( also means have to move all my appointments from today till tommorow so ill be working from 10.30 in the morning till 8 tommorow night.. thank god im finishing work sat so fed up of it now.... on the up side only 2 more weeks :):) as for fanny forks haha love it actually put a smile on my face sick and all as i am + sounds exactly like wat iv been getting the last fews weeks.. hope all are doing a little better than i am this morn :)

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Fanny forks. LMFAO!!! Fantastic phrase, love it.

You poor petal, you're really having an awful time of it. *hugs* Take advantage of the rest, at this stage you deserve it! Move the tv to the bedroom, start reading, take up knitting! Im thinking of doing the same after the doc signed me off on sick leave until further notice.

I'm already a knitter! I finish up work in 2.5 weeks and I'm going to get some baby stuff knocked out. Some of the patterns I have are a bit hard but Im going to pop to the library to get some easier books. We can be knitting buddies :) I'm just about to finish a cardigan but it's for 6 - 12 months so I want to do some 0 - 3 months stuff.

I also am a little bit of a gamer so that keeps me entertained while in bed. Daytime TV is awful though.

I hope you feel better soon and the sickness doesn't go on past the first trimester. Mine has come back a little bit over the last few days but it's not nearly as bad as it was. Am 20 weeks now so feel ridiculous for still puking!

Fell better soon missymad, it really doesn't seem fair to get a bug when you're so far gone. Take it easy!

Also, Pat McGhee, meant to say to you. A colleague of my mum's had terrible sickness too, through most of her pregnancy. Her baby was born healthily at 9lbs 2oz :eek: She looks like she's almost ready for school, big chubby cheeks on her and all. So I reckon our babies our absolutely fine and taking everything they need!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Well after days of looking after little sick boy, I have developed a severe head cold, sinus' are blocked as hell and my head is pounding constantly. but in fairness it really could be a lot worse. I am drowsy a lot but getting some housework, shopping and cooking done so I am lucky.

The thing annoying me at the moment though is the "you can't do that in your condition" line. I am not running a marathon, I am not climbing ESB poles, all I have done is washed the kitchen floor and a bit of grocery shopping. My neighbour saw me coming home from the shop, and I had my son in his buggy because of the weather and the fact he is sick I didn't want him getting worse and she ran to meet me in the hall calling my partner a disgrace for not getting the shopping and forcing me to "drag it for miles" we live 20 min from Tesco, hardly the 5 mile walk people do in Africa for water!!! Who the hell does she think she is? I know she thinks she is being nice, but my partner is gone from 7am til 7:30/8 at night so he cannot get our shopping and I am only pregnant, not dying. I refuse to let being pregnant be an excuse for sloth, if I was on bed rest or severely ill it would be different. I have had to throw up a few times when out, but nothing debilitating. GGGRRRRR I am actually shaking with anger from her!!!!

Sorry, just needed to vent.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Something similar happened to me last time I was pregnant - getting the dinner in Dunnes and meeting a relative. I had a bag of literally a couple of breasts of chicken, potatoes for two and some veg, and one or two other items and got the "He's NOT making you CARRY all of that in your CONDITION, IS HE????" really loudly. I got really pissed off.

When in fact he took over about 90% of the housework, despite doing far longer hours than me, since the moment he found out about the pregnancy. All I had to do for 9 months was go to work, sit down all day, come home and make dinner.

But I guess its fashionable or something to assume that our menfolk are feckless layabouts while we are slaving away in our conditions!

Neyite wrote: »
    Something similar happened to me last time I was pregnant - getting the dinner in Dunnes and meeting a relative. I had a bag of literally a couple of breasts of chicken, potatoes for two and some veg, and one or two other items and got the "He's NOT making you CARRY all of that in your CONDITION, IS HE????" really loudly. I got really pissed off.

When in fact he took over about 90% of the housework, despite doing far longer hours than me, since the moment he found out about the pregnancy. All I had to do for 9 months was go to work, sit down all day, come home and make dinner.

But I guess its fashionable or something to assume that our menfolk are feckless layabouts while we are slaving away in our conditions!

He is getting annoying too, wanting to wheel the buggy and stuff, but I am not in any pain and unless I am I want to keep going as usual, you know?

She is not the best housewife in all fairness, she has had her husbands child but will not wash his clothes because that is somehow unhygienic :confused: baffles me no end.

I'd say my sinus pain and tiredness is adding to my lack of patience, but my partner is working hard to provide for our kids and I know for a fact he would rather be at home helping with the shopping but he can't. :mad: I just hate interfering people, she is a pain of a woman in general. Telling me things on child rearing and pregnancy when I have a child too and this is my 2nd pregnancy, so I kinda know what I am going through myself. She told me my cat had to be destroyed (not even rehomed) as it would try to kill the baby..... Can't see that being an episode of Criminal Minds any time in the near future to be honest! With a vet student for a partner and having done nursing myself, we know the odds of a child being suffocated by a cat and how to prevent it, but still she knows more apparently. I laugh at her bewilderment behind me always having an excuse not to go for coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Also, Pat McGhee, meant to say to you. A colleague of my mum's had terrible sickness too, through most of her pregnancy. Her baby was born healthily at 9lbs 2oz :eek: She looks like she's almost ready for school, big chubby cheeks on her and all. So I reckon our babies our absolutely fine and taking everything they need!

I hear 9lb 2oz and I think OUCH!! Thank jebus for the epidural :-D

The mega vomits are back so I predict another hospital visit soon. :-( Im on a first name basis with the staff!

I cant believe youre sick again though, I hope it passes soon. Its so debilitating! Poor pet.

Youre not wrong about daytime tv yet watching Jeremy Kyle makes me feel so much better about myself. No wonder Im in ms hell - karma!! :-)

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    I hear 9lb 2oz and I think OUCH!! Thank jebus for the epidural :-D

The mega vomits are back so I predict another hospital visit soon. :-( Im on a first name basis with the staff!

I cant believe youre sick again though, I hope it passes soon. Its so debilitating! Poor pet.

Youre not wrong about daytime tv yet watching Jeremy Kyle makes me feel so much better about myself. No wonder Im in ms hell - karma!! :-)

Ha! 16 and pregnant makes me feel so much better about myself. I feel so sad seeing those girls having babies so young with asshole boyfriends. Makes me appreciate what I've got so much! The one yesterday was trying to finish school and the bf was so unhelpful. So glad I'm 29 and not 16!

Mega vomits - I remember them well. Once you start vomiting your own saliva you know it's not going to be good! Or even worse fod coming back up before you'd finished eating. Vomiting has stopped for me anyway, must have been a high hormone day or two or something. I really hope you feel better soon. Like I said before, it may not seem like it now but it will pass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

So I am 8 months pregnant and frnakly-not able to stand but more importantly not able to have bags banging off my bump, elbows in the bump etc. Rarely am I offered a seat on public transport (I get the train, the luas and or the bus every day). I understand that people pay for tickets and are entitled to seats, but so am I and there are priority seats for a reason-if you sit in them you should be prepared to give them up!!!
    Yesterday I wore my TREOIR badge 'baby on board' for the first day-so no one could say they didn't realise I was pregnant. Offered 3 seats-all by women. The young men continue to occupy the priority seats and gaze into space avoiding all eye contact.
    The train last night completely took the cake though!!!!!!!! No seats on Waterford train. Stood beside the priority seats hoping someone would see my-not insubstantial badge not to mention bump-all the young guys tactically avoided me. Eventually a woman-sitting on the inside of a guy-offered me a seat which I gratefully and apologetically took. In order to take her seat the guy on the phone had to STAND UP to let her out and me in..... WTF!!!!!!
    Rant over....

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

wicklori wrote: »
    So I am 8 months pregnant and frnakly-not able to stand but more importantly not able to have bags banging off my bump, elbows in the bump etc. Rarely am I offered a seat on public transport (I get the train, the luas and or the bus every day). I understand that people pay for tickets and are entitled to seats, but so am I and there are priority seats for a reason-if you sit in them you should be prepared to give them up!!!
    Yesterday I wore my TREOIR badge 'baby on board' for the first day-so no one could say they didn't realise I was pregnant. Offered 3 seats-all by women. The young men continue to occupy the priority seats and gaze into space avoiding all eye contact.
    The train last night completely took the cake though!!!!!!!! No seats on Waterford train. Stood beside the priority seats hoping someone would see my-not insubstantial badge not to mention bump-all the young guys tactically avoided me. Eventually a woman-sitting on the inside of a guy-offered me a seat which I gratefully and apologetically took. In order to take her seat the guy on the phone had to STAND UP to let her out and me in..... WTF!!!!!!
    Rant over....

This is so mad, The exact same thing happened to me a few days ago, I rely on the bus to get anywhere these days, I'm less than two weeks away from my due date, And as you I can't stand for too long, I got on the bus and there was no seats but worse than that there was this man who had his shopping on the seat beside him, He looked straight at me and my bump(can't miss it!!), And proceeded to take out his phone and ignore me. I spent the entire 20minute journey standing. What is happening to the world?!!

wicklori wrote: »
    Rant over....

When I was 8 months pregnant I was actually elbowed out of the way by an auld bag to get on the bus with such force that I fell right back and was caught by a very nice chap. It was an empty double decker and there were about 12 of us queueing, so its not like there was a risk of her having to stand. :rolleyes:

Considering that I was RH- and a fall necessitated an hours-long stint in hospital and an anti-D injection, I was cursing her in my head so much. I may have wished for a cold hard winter to finish her off, in my hormonal rage. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

You should have made him move his shopping!!

My friend is the same, she gets the Luas to work and hardly ever gets a seat.

I wouldn't dream of leaving a pregnant woman (or old person) standing so that I could sit down!

kitten_k wrote: »
    You should have made him move his shopping!!

My friend is the same, she gets the Luas to work and hardly ever gets a seat.

I wouldn't dream of leaving a pregnant woman (or old person) standing so that I could sit down!

Well on that note-a couple of weeks ago a woman gave me her seat on the Luas and two stops later a number of visibly older people got on- I stood up and gave my seat to one whilst all the other young able bodied sat and pretended not to notice!

I'm not being self indulgent about this I hate what it says about our society-we just don't care about eachother... Look how many of you have come on straight away with similar experiences! Something needs to change-I don't want my child to grow up in a society like this....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I noticed this a lot on my last pregnancy, not just with pregnant women either. I always used to say loudly "would anyone mind giving up their seat, I'm pregnant'. It always worked :D

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    I noticed this a lot on my last pregnancy, not just with pregnant women either. I always used to say loudly "would anyone mind giving up their seat, I'm pregnant'. It always worked :D
    And maybe we should all take on to do this-we'd between us probably cover a good few trains/trams/buses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Feeling so tired now, i'm falling asleep at my desk. My neck and back are in bits and can't figure out a way to relieve the tension/pain. Possibly booking in for a massage on sunday but last time i got one i came out with a sorer neck than before, so a bit apprehensive.. getting my hair done tonight so that should make me feel a bit better. heard the heartbeat on monday, it was magical. i'm in love with the little thing already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

11 month old woke on the hr every hr last night ( actually at three mins past each hr randomly!) - had to get up & go into her each time. Not even sure I slept in between wakes:( think it was the noise of the wind! If I wasn't pregnant I think I would have coped today - but no - total meltdown and couldn't go to work :( which means it cost me a lot :( I'm self employed. Lying in bed feeling very very lazy and tired but can't bloody sleep. Have to collect daughter now so will have to manage some happiness... Moan moan moan! The thoughts if cooking dinner... :(
    Feel fat and impatient and just want to be further along. 27 weeks today and feel I should be 37! Although that would mean 2 babies and even less sleep? Is that poss?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Unfortunately dublinlady I think it is :S
    However everyone who's had more than one child tells me that you just don't get as precious about things the second or subsequent time around. You worry less about the little things and you just get on with it.

I honestly never thought I'd never cope with being pregnant and having a boisterous 2 year old and working full time but apart from a few bad days, like today for you, it has been find. I just don't have the time to wallow in my moaning or tiredness etc. I just let a lot of stuff go over my head now especially work politics. I don't have the energy for it.

I got my maternity form signed in work today and I'm finished on 5th April so 9 weeks left!! I'm 28 weeks tomorrow and starting to feel very big and heavy now.

Sorry this is the moan thread so here's mine; as5holes not giving up their seats on the luas definitely annoys me but worse are the people who push past me to take an empty seat. Ggrrrr.

The other day a girl beside me on the luas who I had to get past to get off barely moved to let me out. I was fit to kill her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm just hitting 35 weeks tomorrow and in the last 24 hours the pressure down below has increased so much. It hurts to walk much so I'm dawdling along. I feel fine otherwise but just wonder if this means the baby is moving down? I still look quite high. Anyone else feel like this?

Re the Public transport thing, I have seldom seen people give up their seat for people with crutches and pregnant women. Many are of the opinion, (and this will irk a lot of you) that since we elected to be pregnant, we should just get on with it :rolleyes:. I only ever got offered a seat once when I was pregnant on the luas with my first, and it was by a 70 odd year old man. I respectfully declined. I had an easy pregnancy so I did not demand anything. If a woman in pain needs a seat it is one thing but I would never just take one solely because I am pregnant, like most women my partner and I offer seats to when we see them. It is a dangerous slope too, I am at the stage now where I could be pregnant or I could have a bit of a beer belly (my friend has perfectly round one and she gets asked is she pregnant constantly) But when a woman is heavily pregnant it is another thing altogether.

At my first appointment in the hospital a week ago, there were men sitting and women stuck standing. Even with the disbelieving looks they were getting they remained sitting. Thank God for decent midwives and doctors getting them to get up. There was a midwife, she seemed to be the one in charge and she actually was amazing. "Sir, your partner is pregnant, not you. Get up and let another woman sit down, are you not ashamed of yourself?" Seriously, I loved her, she was a sweetheart to every woman there, regardless of age and marital status. A lot of people these days are sickly selfish. I would die of embarrassment if my son left a pregnant woman standing anywhere if she needed a seat.

Though I have seen the píss being taken too. A few years ago Paul McCartney was in the RDS and women took over both men and womens bathrooms, their claim was they were all pregnant, all because they didn't want to queue for too long. Things like that make men less tolerant of the needs of pregnant women and drives me insane. One woman tried it on me and I said I had a child myself and I would not have been drinking wine if I were pregnant (she had handed her drink to her friend) her face was priceless.

Anyway, does anyone know a way to boost my energy sans caffeine. I am wrecked but I want to get so much cleaning done. Also, sinus issues while pregnant are the worst, you can't even take olbus oil!!! I am on saline spray and a paracetamol every 6 hours. Sorry to rant/moan early on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Anyone any tips for leg cramps???
    Also pelvic tenderness not helping with walking and doing house work.
    Sleep is well and truly a thing of the past now and only hitting 31 weeks!
    How much more do I have to look forward to?

Have a scan on tuesday which means 3-4 hours sitting in the one place and watching as men and children occupy most of the seats while pregnant women stand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Synyster, I replied to you on the April thread as well....bananas and sparkling water.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

62986_571945866149469_1529841295_n.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

ha very good and so true kitten k most of all the nosy stranger part :)

Advertisement