Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

22 weeks now and the pregnancy itself is progressing fine and the baby is growing wonderfully well. Having a two year old and a four year old in tow while also still working is a killer.
    The two year old is just coming out of an ear infection and tonsillitis and now the four year old (who would win an Olympic medal for moaning and whinging of late!) is awake all night with the same thing. She also has had some weird gastro thing for the last while and her toilet habits make me vomit. The poor pet has just had to run to the bathroom to go now and I had to leave to throw up with the smell.
    Christ this is hard sometimes isn’t it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

22 weeks now and the pregnancy itself is progressing fine and the baby is growing wonderfully well. Having a two year old and a four year old in tow while also still working is a killer.
    The two year old is just coming out of an ear infection and tonsillitis and now the four year old (who would win an Olympic medal for moaning and whinging of late!) is awake all night with the same thing. She also has had some weird gastro thing for the last while and her toilet habits make me vomit. The poor pet has just had to run to the bathroom to go now and I had to leave to throw up with the smell.
    Christ this is hard sometimes isn’t it?!

Penny you are amazing, fair play don’t know how you do it!
    I have a bug at the mo myself....aches/pains/nausea and nose bleeds? Was here yesterday by myself with the kids (and an incontinent dog!!)
    and came to the realisation there is no way I could manage being pregnant and have two kids!!! I definitely don’t miss being pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Penny here here! Bloody tough, hope everyone recovers soon.

I’m due soon and just almost out the other end and it has cured me of any lusting after a 4th. This pregnancy has aged me!!

It’s funny how after my son was born and after all the drama around that everyone kept telling me to have no more babies, too dangerous, look at what you already have, etc etc I just knew that I wasn’t really finished on the baby front. Granted if my obstetrician had told me it would be too dangerous I’d have listened to her of course. This time around though I am fully certain that this lovely little baby is the last one for me.

Each pregnancy is harder - I suppose we’re all at least another year older and have more kids to mind while pregnant and I don’t think I could really do it all again after this one.

I took my daughter to the doctor yesterday and she has an ear infection all right but thankfully is responding quickly and well to the antibiotics and along with calpol and neurofen slept soundly all night. The antibiotic is making her gastro issues worse though ���� and now I can’t go near her in the bathroom.

Also for kicks I’ve picked up the gastro bug too and have been dashing to the bathroom quite a few times today.

I used to not understand when people mentioned that “done” feeling. Totally get it now. Some people get it at 1 kid, some at 7 but I am full sure I have it at 3 and I’m totally content. I always find this stage of pregnancy (37weeks+) mentally challenging, just want baby here safe and sound and healthy, including myself. Once they are though (all going well) I’m looking forward to getting on with raising my kids, 3 is my limit for how well I can spread myself personally - others are different!

To keep with the moan theme I am looking forward to forever saying goodbye to SPD. Sitting to standing is near impossible, as is rolling in bed. The pain between my legs :( I will never again dismiss the luxury of crossing my legs without having to lift one with a hand while wincing.

• Advertisement

Oh AND!!!! The next twat I see sailing into a parent & baby spot without kids and strolling into the shops while I struggle to negotiate a huge bump and two small children in and out of their seats in a spot the size of a match box is getting a kick in the shins. Drives me INSANE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ruahead

cyning wrote: »
    It’s not just that I’m sick of being sick it’s that I’m utterly over it. I’m sick of vomiting, I’m sick of the doctors, I’m sick of cramps so bad they double me over, I’m sick of vomiting blood, I’m sick of the state my feet are in, I’m sick of complete and utter fatigue not tiredness, sick of sleeping 15 hours a day and still being exhausted. Most of all I’m sick of the worry and sick of being a crap mum.

Only 31.5 weeks to go!
    Aghhhh that made me laugh !! And nearly cry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

It’s not just that I’m sick of being sick it’s that I’m utterly over it. I’m sick of vomiting, I’m sick of the doctors, I’m sick of cramps so bad they double me over, I’m sick of vomiting blood, I’m sick of the state my feet are in, I’m sick of complete and utter fatigue not tiredness, sick of sleeping 15 hours a day and still being exhausted. Most of all I’m sick of the worry and sick of being a crap mum.

Only 31.5 weeks to go!

Thank you for reminding me of why I absolutely need to have a bigger age gap between this baby and the next one!

Digs wrote: »
    Oh AND!!!! The next twat I see sailing into a parent & baby spot without kids and strolling into the shops while I struggle to negotiate a huge bump and two small children in and out of their seats in a spot the size of a match box is getting a kick in the shins. Drives me INSANE!!!!

This annoys me so much that I now say it directly to the people who’ve parked in those soaces

This annoys me so much that I now say it directly to the people who’ve parked in those soaces

Good for you. It annoys me too but I'm yet to be ballsy enough. What do you say and how do they generally respond?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Nothing p1sses me off as much. I've started to take people on about it now. I can't tolerate it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Thank you for reminding me of why I absolutely need to have a bigger age gap between this baby and the next one!

This is why I will have an almost 7 and 5 year old when baby is born! I hate being pregnant it’s horrendous.

People who park in parent and child spots deserve to have ear worms of Christmas Songs every day for the rest of the their lives. And to have an itch they can never scratch. And I don’t know something else equally annoying happen!

I’m cranky. Not just a little bit cranky really properly cranky.

And my husband keeps breathing on me in his sleep. See the bit about being cranky above!

Mood has hit the floor here too cyning. Although I’ve worked through cranky and am in full blown tears. I was doing relatively well with spd this pregnancy by comparison to the others but the pain the last few days has gone from 4 to 10. It’s excruciating. I’m so upset about it. I’m exhausted but afraid to lie down because I can’t face trying to get back up again. None of my old tricks are working. Talk about kicking someone when they’re at the end!!!

The Mam guilt...... ugggh. My two girls are such great kids. Very caring and gentle but the smallest is 2 so really doesn’t understand and the 5 yr old gets so worried if she thinks I’m upset or in pain. I wish I could hide it better. I’m a bit of a mess this week!! Baby please come soon :(

Oh and Cyning in a similar vein my husband has taken to clearing his throat ALOT the last while. He’s on thin ice with that one.

Good for you. It annoys me too but I'm yet to be ballsy enough. What do you say and how do they generally respond?

Usually I just say to someone “excuse me but do you realise you’ve parked in a parent and baby space yet you don’t have a child with you? I have two kids in the car and could really use the space that is designated for someone like me”.

Most times the people are embarrassed and apologise. One time a woman was sitting in the car with her three teenage/ adult children eating their lunch and told me she was entitled to the space as she was waiting for her mum to come back with her new born baby.
    When I pointed out that the granny was hardly in the shop with her own new born baby and that all available car seat spaces in the car were full she told me to fcuk off.
    I complained to the parking management.

Another time (when I was having a particularly rage filled hormonal pregnancy day) I was in a bad place with nausea, morning sickness, no sleep thanks to sick toddlers a man in a van took the last available space. I ordered my husband to stop the car and I hopped out and asked him why he was taking the space when he clearly had no need for it.
    He was a lovely specimen of humanity and flicked his still burning cigarette butt at me and told me I was a fat bitch who should mind her own business.
    He really picked on me on the wrong day that time because he was in his company van and so I called his office to let them know what he had done.
    They apologised and sent a bunch of flowers to my house the next day.

Jesus penny, fair play to you!! You’re dead right at the end of the day. I just haven’t the guts anymore. A couple of weeks ago I pointed out to someone I could really do with the spot that they quite clearly don’t need and I was told to “Go f*ck myself”. Just left me in floods of tears. I’m under the impression the people using them aren’t the most reasonable in the first place.

The worst are the ones with the empty car seats in the back. They should really really know better.

Jesus penny, fair play to you!! You’re dead right at the end of the day. I just haven’t the guts anymore. A couple of weeks ago I pointed out to someone I could really do with the spot that they quite clearly don’t need and I was told to “Go f*ck myself”. Just left me in floods of tears. I’m under the impression the people using them aren’t the most reasonable in the first place.

The worst are the ones with the empty car seats in the back. They should really really know better.

Sometimes I just get so cross when I see those spaces used by someone in a 2 seater convertible that I just see red.
    Also I have rheumatoid arthritis and on the days when it’s bothering me and those spaces aren’t available I just don’t tolerate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Penny Dreadful you legend!!

Oh and Cyning in a similar vein my husband has taken to clearing his throat ALOT the last while. He’s on thin ice with that one.

My darling wonderful not at all about to be dead husband who I love dearly has told me the sound of the acid gurgling up my oesphagus, my poor torn bleeding oesphagus, is keeping him awake.

I’m UTTERLY convinced no court in the land could convict me.

Also Penny Dreadful you rock!!

• Advertisement

My darling wonderful not at all about to be dead husband who I love dearly has told me the sound of the acid gurgling up my oesphagus, my poor torn bleeding oesphagus, is keeping him awake.

I’m UTTERLY convinced no court in the land could convict me.

Yes dear husband let’s talk about your single night of disturbed sleep. That’s what we’ll focus on.....:: forget how exhausted your wife is from growing a human, simply existing, getting on with all of the day to day stuff that needs to be dealt with and managed while getting bigger and more uncomfortable in ways you can’t even begin to imagine....... let’s talk about the one night you didn’t sleep as well as usual.

I’d give you an award rather than a conviction.

A Mam in the yard this morning said to me “Jesus, you’re having the longest pregnancy ever”.

Really sorry you’re finding this to be such a drag Janet. Wish I could speed it up for you. I am selfishly enjoying it all too much.

Not even going near the “I hope it’s a boy” comments I am STILL getting.

So 6.5 years ago I missed Westlifes final concerts because I was 37 weeks pregnant and couldn’t go.

Fast forward to next year. Can’t go to their comeback concert because I will have a 6 week old. And realistically I won’t leave them and won’t bring them. And now to top it all the Spice Girls who I LOVE and not only that who my 6 year old loves are having a comeback concert THE DAY I’M DUE! Like what the absolute.... seriously like I know in grand scheme of hyperemesis and babies and everything it’s no big deal but.... god it annoys me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

32 Weeks this week.
    Had a bit of an emotional breakdown earlier in the week, told the baby daddy that I need his help, I need him to be here more to help with the first born.
    He has been home once this week in time to say goodnight to her. He is gone out to a game tonight and will be gone training on Sunday for most of the day.
    What do you not get about I need you to help me out a bit????

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭TrixIrl

MiliMe wrote: »
    32 Weeks this week.
    Had a bit of an emotional breakdown earlier in the week, told the baby daddy that I need his help, I need him to be here more to help with the first born.
    He has been home once this week in time to say goodnight to her. He is gone out to a game tonight and will be gone training on Sunday for most of the day.
    What do you not get about I need you to help me out a bit????

That’s so frustrating!! We had a chat about him putting a hobby on hold- involved in local musical society but then all these small parts came up in various plays etc that were “minimum commitment”. Yeah sure, not when you’re doing 5 of them concurrently!!!

I found that asking for specific things I.e. look after bins/pets/do the shop worked better than a generic plea for help! And if there were complaints, I’d offer to swap and do those and he could do ALLLLLL the rest. Works for the moment. Totally 100% get the frustration tho!

Yes same here, baby is 8 weeks and we always had assigned responsibilities around the house but there is so so so much more to be done now. I've told him specific tasks to keep on top of and if he complains I'll write him a list of everything I do. I know he's tired from work but the baby is a full time job in itself

Milime - Maybe list everything you do around the house and all that needs to be done with your first born, and ask him which he would like to take responsibility for.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

We don't even have the baby room sorted yet. I know it's not coming next week, but come on!!! There's a chest of drawers sitting in the hall all week. I think its light enough that I'd probably be able to get it up the stairs on my own but I'm not gonna risk it. Was up and down out of the attic last week getting bags of clothes to sort out for new baby and was just shattered after that.

Suggested bringing number 1 to the Christmas lights turning on this evening and I'm told he won't be here.

Like I know that women in Africa have babies in the fields and carry on working but they don't have attics, or stairs!!! 😠(kidding in case anyone gets offended)

And what's worse is I feel bad for giving out about him!!!

Oh I could literally kill my husband this evening. First night in new house and he's acting like a selfish teenager. All husband rants are welcome here... goodness knows I am guilty of enough of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Just found this thread. Can I just say I also hate people who park in the mother & child spaces who distinctly aren't. And I don't even have other children (16 weeks on my first) but I hate them on behalf of my sister-in-laws and my sister. There's "Expectant Mother" spaces in a supermarket near me and I won't even park in them yet because I'm still ok to get around and there are much further along women than me who'll need them a lot more. Although love that they are there for people and I will use them in the future!

I had an absolute screaming session at my OH the other day because anytime I mention feeling tired or a bit nauseous his only response is to ask me to go to the doctor to get checked. Just wouldn't listen that they won't give me anything for the nauseous feeling as I'm keeping food and water down and just feel sick (thankfully not being sick) so will just say "ah that's tough but normal". Snapped when he said it again and told him to cop on. He seems to have gotten the message and has agreed to not keep saying that.

• Advertisement

I had an absolute screaming session at my OH the other day because anytime I mention feeling tired or a bit nauseous his only response is to ask me to go to the doctor to get checked. Just wouldn't listen that they won't give me anything for the nauseous feeling as I'm keeping food and water down and just feel sick (thankfully not being sick) so will just say "ah that's tough but normal". Snapped when he said it again and told him to cop on. He seems to have gotten the message and has agreed to not keep saying that.

Throughout my pregnancy I was sick at least a few nights every week. My husband never once asked if I was ok, or offered me water or anything. He must have just thought its part of being pregnant and so be it, suffer on. Men are SO clueless sometimes.

Advertisement