Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I keep getting ****ing sick and I'm so exhausted and hungry from it

Not full on vomiting but just my food repeating on me and then everything coming up, can't keep anything down

I've tried drinking less while eating and reducing the amount I eat and when I eat, changing what I'm eating but I just feel crap.

Worst of all my husband hasn't asked "are you ok" when/after I puke. I ended up really upset earlier and it's more to do with his lack of concern than the sickness. Then of course I get it into my head that he'll be useless in labour and this upsets me. Still pissed off and upset with my friend being ****ty, she was worse today than last night. Feeling really emotional and upset all evening and so sick of being pregnant. I feel Awful saying that as I know how lucky I am but it is hard. It's going to be a long couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Ah that does sound really miserable. I would be so upset if I was getting sick after every meal too. Pregnancy is bloody hard, so don't feel guilt for feeling sorry for yourself. I think we all feel very sorry for ourselves during pregnancy.

Have you spoken to your GP or consultant about the vomiting? It is concerning that you can't keep any food down. Perhaps they can prescribe you something?

I'm also having problems with my husband and with my best friend at the minute and am kind of stressed with it. So no advice there, just empathy!

Thanks catrionanic I'm with the midwife at the Gp surgery tomorrow so I'll ask her, just sick of feeling rubbish and all I want to eat is crap which makes me feel awful and sick and I'm definitely lacking in food at this point so have a bad headache and am weak. I have had a relatively easy and straightforward pregnancy but I just want my body back at this stage, and I'm only 29 weeks :(

Sorry to hear that you're husband and friend are also being difficult. My husband is great in general he could just do with showing a bit more concern. As for my friend, I could be here all day so I won't even start!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Cash sorry to hear you’re feeling so lousy! Midwife is a good point of ref for the sick issue it could be some reflux so medication might help.

On the husband front (without totally generalising) but just from mine and my friends experiences they can be a wee bit clueless on the first, not being aware of stuff or the right thing to ask. So you really are better off just talking to him and letting him know how you feel. I know my husband appreciated it as he really just couldn’t fully comprehend the huge change everything was for me on my first. He’s a pro now third time round, he knows exactly what to say on que haha! I bet he’ll be brilliant in labour but don’t sit on it if you’re feeling crappy, let it out!!

Hope you’re feeling better soon, pregnancy is brutal enough without the emotional side of things.

Ha, my husband wasn't very interested in my first pregnancy, and is even less interested in this one! I could count on one hand the amount of times he has asked if I'm ok or how I'm feeling or do I need anything. He isn't even interested in feeling the baby kick this time - has only put his hand on my tummy twice! But on the plus side, he's been very good at sleeping on the sofa and in our wee boys room so that I can sleep better.

Cash, I wouldn't worry too much about him and the Labour ward. He will be overwhelmed and out of bis depth and just do whatever he's told! My husband was totally useless in labour but mainly of my own volition - I was in so much pain and I wouldn't even let him touch me! I only wanted the midwife as she was my actual God!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reassurance ladies, he is great usually all I want is for him to ask "are you ok" when he has heard me puking!

He is definitely excited and loves feeling the bump and kicks and dotes over the baby's bits and pieces, I really just don't know what he finds so difficult about showing concern. He woke me up to ask which wheelie bin to put out at 6am! But he did ask if I had slept well so that's something LOL :P

I have kept down a banana sandwich, tea and toast, an orange and two kiwis today so I really feel like a new woman :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Thanks for the reassurance ladies, he is great usually all I want is for him to ask "are you ok" when he has heard me puking!

He is definitely excited and loves feeling the bump and kicks and dotes over the baby's bits and pieces, I really just don't know what he finds so difficult about showing concern. He woke me up to ask which wheelie bin to put out at 6am! But he did ask if I had slept well so that's something LOL :P

I have kept down a banana sandwich, tea and toast, an orange and two kiwis today so I really feel like a new woman :P

Great you kept food down!

Just to say, I had it out with my husband over this when I started throwing up again a lot around the start of the summer. He said he didn’t want to be making me feel bad/drawing attention to him. I pointed out it’s really hurtful for it to be ignored as if I was being dramatic. He’s been great since. He just hadn’t copped

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Still full of a cold- week two of coughing and sneezing. Kids have it too and they’re like anti christs as a result.
    Still bloody nauseated and so light headed. I cannot wait for the first trimester to be over and done with. Even if I don’t feel better after it (did on first not on second pregnancy) at least I know I’m one third of the way through.
    Growing humans is hard!

No sleep last night. Too hot, leg and foot cramps, and up every 90 mins to pee. Plus my mind worrying lots about selling our house, buying a new one, and getting everything organised for baby's arrival.

Similar story in this camp. No sleep the last few nights, finding it so humid. I had been going well up until now. Getting really stiff and sore recently and that is only going to disimprove. My bladder is clearly spent after giving birth to two 9 pounder so far!!
    I’m constantly getting Braxton hicks which are so uncomfortable, a stitch under my bump when I walk more then a few yards and heartburn is constant and gross.

I feel so bad for my poor kids, trying to remind myself this is a short period of time relatively speaking that they won’t remember their Mammy being useless.

My husband also took the heel of the batch bread this morning so clearly is looking to start world war 3!!!

I’m an absolute bundle of joy this morning, my own reflection better watch out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

Just on the husbands\partners, I genuinely think that some don’t have any idea that when you’re pregnant, you’re pretty much consumed by it. We are constantly getting physical reminders and juggling the mental prep, most of which we don’t express. So when we feel a bit overwhelmed by it or the pain, stiffness, nausea gets to us, it’s incredibly frustrating to get a reaction that is lukewarm.
    A little reminder every now and again to other halves that this journey is constant for us and will have a profound impact on us during and after delivery might be necessary. I’m sure they’re internally distracted by all the what ifs and changes to come but they don’t have a head in their pelvis and feet in their ribs so might need reminding of that lol!

Ha I was just saying to my husband last night that it feels like he doesn't care about this pregnancy. He never asks how I'm feeling or puts his hand on the bump to feel kicks. He doesn't talk to the bump like he did on our first pregnancy. We met up with his best friend a few weeks ago, who nearly keeled over when he saw my big tummy - my husband hadnt even told him we are having another baby. He hasn't a clue now many weeks i am. He doesn't even know the due date! It's hard to have your life totally taken over by something, and for the other parent to be completely unphased and unaffected by it.

I've been asking him to get the ladder and go into the attic to get newborn clothes, tens machine etc down for almost six weeks now. He just tells me there's loads of time and to chill out, and that he will get it all down when he feels like it. Meanwhile im stressing about packing the hospital bag and trying to sort and wash all the clothes, and shop for any bits that are missing, while juggling a one year old and feeling like cráp myself. I just need him to get the stuff down, and it's me who has to do everything else after that.

I could kill him sometimes.

Ha I was just saying to my husband last night that it feels like he doesn't care about this pregnancy. He never asks how I'm feeling or puts his hand on the bump to feel kicks. He doesn't talk to the bump like he did on our first pregnancy. We met up with his best friend a few weeks ago, who nearly keeled over when he saw my big tummy - my husband hadnt even told him we are having another baby. He hasn't a clue now many weeks i am. He doesn't even know the due date! It's hard to have your life totally taken over by something, and for the other parent to be completely unphased and unaffected by it.

I've been asking him to get the ladder and go into the attic to get newborn clothes, tens machine etc down for almost six weeks now. He just tells me there's loads of time and to chill out, and that he will get it all down when he feels like it. Meanwhile im stressing about packing the hospital bag and trying to sort and wash all the clothes, and shop for any bits that are missing, while juggling a one year old and feeling like cráp myself. I just need him to get the stuff down, and it's me who has to do everything else after that.

I could kill him sometimes.

We’ve had a couple of discussions that ended with me in tears because im so frustrated having to ask for things to be done multiple times. It’s very hard because I know I’m off for the summer and he’s working but I can’t go climbing or lifting with SPD so I need him to help and asking so many times makes me grumpy and irritable

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Digs wrote: »
    My husband also took the heel of the batch bread this morning so clearly is looking to start world war 3!!!

:eek: The fecker! Unforgivable!

:eek: The fecker! Unforgivable!

Exactly!! It’s almost like he wanted a fight. I rang him in a total over reacting rage (first world problems like!) and he’s promised to bring home rolling donuts. The only food, for me, that can save him. She says..... as she starts on her 4th or maybe 5th hobnob :O

This day is a write off.

Our ETB is being obnoxious again. Apparently they want the MB3 form completed even though it doesn’t apply to us (I’m not unemployed or self employed) and they refuse to send back the mb2 form to us. They want us to send them the completed mb1 and then they’ll send both on. I do not want to give them my household information and I see absolutely no reason why they don’t send me the mb2 to send to Donegal or indeed to apply online which is what I intend to do

Aaaargh. So annoyed by them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I’m seriously hating wearing a bra at the moment. My bump is quite high and making everything really uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Molly1983

Naid23 wrote: »
    I’m seriously hating wearing a bra at the moment. My bump is quite high and making everything really uncomfortable.

I hear ya! No matter what bra I wear it’s the same. I wait until after dinner and whip it off.

Serious case of FOMO here, hubby is off to play a festival in a band that have reformed for one night only just for this festival, and all my friends are going to it. It's only an hours drive away but they'll be on after midnight so I can't be driving home that late. Silly me should have made other plans for tonight but I was half convinced I might manage the drive down and back, took a reality check after a tough week so I'm home alone and feeling sorry for myself :_(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Molly1983 wrote: »
    I hear ya! No matter what bra I wear it’s the same. I wait until after dinner and whip it off.

I dont even make it til dinner time! :-D as soon as i’m in the door its off!

• Advertisement

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Serious case of FOMO here, hubby is off to play a festival in a band that have reformed for one night only just for this festival, and all my friends are going to it. It's only an hours drive away but they'll be on after midnight so I can't be driving home that late. Silly me should have made other plans for tonight but I was half convinced I might manage the drive down and back, took a reality check after a tough week so I'm home alone and feeling sorry for myself :_(

Ah that's rubbish!!!! You must be gutted. Can one of your friends FaceTime you while they're on so that you don't feel as if you've totally missed out?

Ah that's rubbish!!!! You must be gutted. Can one of your friends FaceTime you while they're on so that you don't feel as if you've totally missed out?

My friend just text me a photo of a few of them down there and I'm roaring crying :( could probably do without a FaceTime :(

This band were meant to play our wedding last year but couldn't when the guitarist got really sick with cancer. Thankfully he is now well again and my husband is just filling in on the bass for the guitarist's wife but it is a total one off and won't happen again.

Cash_Q thats so disappointing :(

Last few days have been rough. SPD cropped up badly again, running a headache and sinus pain and then last night I woke up with numb/dead lips/chin. Super weird. I'm assuming its sinus related. I'd like it all just to feck off so I can go back to being just a marginally uncomfortable 31 week pregnant lady

Cash_Q thats so disappointing

I survived the night anyway! I was really worried about my husband too tbh as he's been going through a bit of a hard time and I was worried he would drink too much/not find his tent etc but he was home and all by 11.30am today much to my delight! Sounds like the fest was good but not great and his tent let in loads of rain so I'm now glad I wasn't there lol.

Hope you're feeling better soon Mirrorwall14, I can't believe we have another 9-11weeks of this :P

Glad he and you survived and a wet tent sounds horrendous!

I want to go back to school and get some sort of routine going. I'm just miserable this weekend :(

Almost 31 weeks. Period cramps, back pain, heartburn, and feel like this little person is going to break out of me. There's some body part lodged in my ribcage and it isn't pleasant.

Dreading the next 9ish weeks.

I want to go back to school and get some sort of routine going. I'm just miserable this weekend

Me too! I spent last night on plans and classroom organisation like labels etc, I really can't wait to get back to the routine and the distraction of work. It'll be extremely demanding energy wise but my principal is great and I'll be walking out the door with the kids every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Having so much pressure down below and even though I'm not in the least bit constipated the haemorrhoids have come back with a vengeance. Feeling a bit sorry for myself because I can't sit down :pac:

Fanny forks...... my old friend. How I’ve missed you :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Tired and exhausted today need my bed now, roll on 8 and the kids go to bed

Advertisement