Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Mirrorwall thanks so much, your post inspired me to go rooting in the medicine cabinet and I found a box of Zantac still in date from my last pregnancy! Going to give it a whirl.

Purple Lemons, hope you feel better soon. I've never had BH but I can't imagine they are pleasant from the sounds of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

So today is the day of the wedding. Vomit.
    Had booked hair and make up in the hope that I’d look human(ish).
    Got to the salon this morning to find that the girl who does the makeup had called in sick. I’ll have to wear my own face now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Would anybody have any reccomemdations for somewhere in Dublin for a pregnancy massage??

Everything hurts and i’m just super uncomfortable now! My body is used to getting Thai massages every month so not having any massages in pregnancy is a shock i think!!

Naid23 wrote: »
    Would anybody have any reccomemdations for somewhere in Dublin for a pregnancy massage??

Everything hurts and i’m just super uncomfortable now! My body is used to getting Thai massages every month so not having any massages in pregnancy is a shock i think!!

If you’re in west dublin then Pure Health in Ongar do very good ones. The spa at the Marker Hotel also do spectacularly good pregnancy massages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Anyone want a loan of 3children for a few hours!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Naid23 wrote:

Muscle Matters in Tallaght, Ingrid is who I keep hearing about up there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Naid23 wrote: »

Another huge thumbs up for muscle Matters. Ingrid is unbelievable. I was at her last week for sciatica stuff and felt like a new woman (for a week anyway!!). She had been recommended by a few pregnant ladies to me.

Digs wrote: »
    Another huge thumbs up for muscle Matters. Ingrid is unbelievable. I was at her last week for sciatica stuff and felt like a new woman (for a week anyway!!). She had been recommended by a few pregnant ladies to me.

Brilliant thank you. I’m in Kingswood so thats perfect.

Ugh tomorrow is Monday again :(

Breathlessness really early on in pregnancy!! WTAF is this about. At no stage in my previous pregnancies did this become an issue until the bump was well developed and I was into the third trimester.
    I was 8 weeks on Saturday and it felt like someone was sitting on my chest or squeezing my lower ribs all day. It actually freaked me out a bit.
    I read it can happen thanks to hormonal changes but I don’t think I could manage another 30 weeks or so of this. It’s really hard to get any sleep like this too.
    I’m seeing my consultant on Tuesday and will speak to her about it. Did anyone else have this?

• Advertisement

Penny that has been a symptom for all three of mine anyway. I mentioned it to the GP on my first and she said it’s very common, ribcage is expanding due to increased lung capacity, down to extra blood flow and increase in hormones. It settles for me when things level off at the end of the first trimester and comes back at different times!

Ugh tomorrow is Monday again :(

My husband is away for work this week. There is not enough coffee in the world to save me.
    I am one big round ligament pain the last two days too, I’ve found it very difficult to sleep the last two nights. My bump is very sore all over.

Penny that has been a symptom for all three of mine anyway. I mentioned it to the GP on my first and she said it’s very common, ribcage is expanding due to increased lung capacity, down to extra blood flow and increase in hormones. It settles for me when things level off at the end of the first trimester and comes back at different times!

That’s good to know Digs. It’s horribke though isn’t it? I also have a little cold at the minute too which isn’t helping the situation either I imagine. 4 more weeks to go until the first trimester is over. I damn well better feel better by then!

That’s good to know Digs. It’s horribke though isn’t it? I also have a little cold at the minute too which isn’t helping the situation either I imagine. 4 more weeks to go until the first trimester is over. I damn well better feel better by then!

Yes it’s definitley very unsettling! Climbing stairs leaves you feel about 100 too. Mine calms noticeably by 12 weeks ish so hopefully you have a similar experience!

Penny unfortunately as digs said it's perfectly normal, I never had it until this pregnancy and I couldn't even walk up 1flught of stairs without stopping it was awful but it has passed thankfully

Digs a whole week without your hubby god love you I thought I was bad hubby away Wednesday and Thursday next week at some training thing in Dublin god love him he gets to stay in a hotel all paid for it's a tough life
    As for pain I just had to run to the shop around the corner to get change for a patient and I had to stop half way there my bump was all hard and sore, not contraction hard more pulled muscle hard thought I'd never make it back up to sit down, takes approx 3minutes round trip :D:D

Yes it’s definitley very unsettling! Climbing stairs leaves you feel about 100 too. Mine calms noticeably by 12 weeks ish so hopefully you have a similar experience!

Fingers crossed it does. I thought I was going to pass out in Boots in Liffey Valley on Saturday with it

He definitely knows he’s winning at life this week Betsie! My list of demands begins with an airport toblerone and it doesn’t end there ;)

Pleading with my kids to do the decent thing and give me a break but they seem to find this outrageously hilarious :/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Digs he'll miss them so much by the time he comes back that he'll do all the parenting over the bank holiday weekend and you'll get a break....right?!!

HA!!!!! Now Shesty, I wonder what would ease the pain of missing us for him? Dinner out every evening? Hotel bed to himself where he can sleep for as long as he chooses? A trip to the loo alone? Not having his every move questioned by a mini dictator of his own making!??

Poor chap.... I do hope he’s alright!!

Only 1 toberlone :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

HA!!!!! Now Shesty, I wonder what would ease the pain of missing us for him? Dinner out every evening? Hotel bed to himself where he can sleep for as long as he chooses? A trip to the loo alone? Not having his every move questioned by a mini dictator of his own making!??

Poor chap.... I do hope he’s alright!!

We have 1 mini dictator and 1 in training here (never mind the baby!!). I mentally laugh hysterically when I hear them calling my husband by his name in exactly the tone I use...
    The two year old has mastered "where are you" and "what are you doing" with delight :-)
    OH can't cope at all!

shesty wrote: »
    We have 1 mini dictator and 1 in training here (never mind the baby!!). I mentally laugh hysterically when I hear them calling my husband by his name in exactly the tone I use...
    The two year old has mastered "where are you" and "what are you doing" with delight :-)
    OH can't cope at all!

Haha snap! My husband identifies hugely with the husband from “This is 40”, he is quite similar to him alright but living with the wife and two daughters, so funny. If my sneaking suspicions that this one is another girl are right things aren’t about to improve for him!!!

Betsie one toblerone, after stopping by Jo Malone. That’s for starters :)

Last night was grand sure, started the night off with one in my bed and the other one didn’t join us until 4am :/

At least you got till 4 before the other one cave into ye X

Ok Jo molone is a start I suppose xx

Ohhh Jo Malone.
    My husband is away with friends the weekend after next and I’ll be responsible for keeping all members of our family alive while he is away.
    I think a Jo Malone order is required. What makes it even better is that he hates buying it.....” so expensive for smelly stuff can’t I just get you the one that’s like it in aldi”
    It’s okay for me to buy the Aldi candles etc but never ever okay for them to be a substitute Jo Malone present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Cannot get to sleep tonight :(

I definitely overate this evening and was sick before bed and again an hour later, and still uncomfortable.

Baby is kicking the life out of me. I know it's lovely and amazing and great, and I do feel bad moaning about it as others can't feel much movement due to the position of the placenta, but omg it is sore and relentless and I need some sleep :(

Also feel too hot and too cold!

Also pissed off at a friend who's being useless and frustrating for endless reasons but she's oblivious

Think that's all for now but I may be back later tonight to moan some more :(

Aw cash_q hope you got some sleep after that last night X

I know how you feel with ****ty friends this is baby no 4for me and I know the friends I have now are real friends I used to have so called friends before I got pregnant on no 1 now they are no longer I don't need people in my life who don't want my kids in their life too x

Down the hosp for my appointment and once again the fecking consultant nor any of his team have shown up for the clinic. This is the 2nd of 3 appointments that this has happened. So frustrating. I’m being put on list now for another doctor. God knows how long its gonna be.
    Dont need this this week!

And my head is hoping cause its so warm in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

My lower back is so so sore. Even walking hurts. Off to see a private physio today - please God she can sort me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Peppery

My lower back is so so sore. Even walking hurts. Off to see a private physio today - please God she can sort me out.

My lower back is so sore too and I’m only 17 weeks, I dread to think what my back will be like by the end! I’m going to go to my gp and hopefully get a referral to a physio.

One thing I’ve found makes a huge difference is shoes. If I wear my birkenstocks I have much less pain. I’ve been doing yoga also which helps, but the shoes are incredible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Peppery wrote: »

My lower back is so sore too and I’m only 17 weeks, I dread to think what my back will be like by the end! I’m going to go to my gp and hopefully get a referral to a physio.

One thing I’ve found makes a huge difference is shoes. If I wear my birkenstocks I have much less pain. I’ve been doing yoga also which helps, but the shoes are incredible!

I'm living in Nike trainers at the minute so I think I'm reasonably well-supported in that regard? Hope you get some relief from the physio. My pain is in a localised area on my left side so I feel like there may be something I am doing which is aggravating it? But I can't work out what.

Pregnancy is no walk in the park.

(I wish I could go for a walk in the park! Owwww!!!!)

Advertisement