Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Amber 123 wrote: »
    I’m too hot and on Wednesday I have to attend a wedding wearing the only half decent dress I could find which I would liken to a tent with a floral pattern on it. Hurray!

Vomit. I hate weddings while pregnant. I have to go to one on Thursday. The dress is fine cause I’m still quite early but it’s not my PJs. I have to wear heels and be best in show as we’re not telling anyone about the pregnancy until 12/14 weeks.
    I’d give my right arm for the day at home by myself with no children, no husband......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

I'm dying of the humidity it's so hard to do anything at all even the kids need to be put into the shower every evening between sweat and sand from the sand box , and it's a row with the youngest coz he hates it

I hate weddings and being pregnant this is the 1of my babies I haven't had one thank god I have an invite to one for November but that won't be happening, I also have a 50th and 2 21sts in November too but they won't happen either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I have to wear heels.

F*ck the heels! Why put yourself through that? Even if you're someone who ordinarily lives in heels, it's unlikely anyone except you will notice. If they do, say you've torn a muscle in your calf.

We've a wedding in two weeks and I got a nice comfy skater dress from wantthattrend and I'll wear it with flat sandals. I'll be over 30 weeks and everyone knows, but you have to let yourself be comfortable, it's tough enough as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Amber 123

I’m 19 weeks so showing too much to wear any of my usual dresses but still not really big enough for something that’s specifically tailored for pregnancy. It’s so tough to hide it in the early days, especially with needing to avoid alcohol. I’ll be there for the ceremony, the dinner and the first dance and then I’ll be driving home to hop straight into the PJs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I’m 19 weeks so showing too much to wear any of my usual dresses but still not really big enough for something that’s specifically tailored for pregnancy. It’s so tough to hide it in the early days, especially with needing to avoid alcohol. I’ll be there for the ceremony, the dinner and the first dance and then I’ll be driving home to hop straight into the PJs!

I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago at 20 weeks. Wore a maternity dress, flat sandals, positioned myself beside the sweet cart, ate everything put in front of me and then dragged my husband home at 11. It’s all downhill after 11 at weddings when you’re sober, that’s when everyone starts telling you they love you and try to rub your belly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Digs wrote: »
    I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago at 20 weeks. Wore a maternity dress, flat sandals, positioned myself beside the sweet cart, ate everything put in front of me and then dragged my husband home at 11. It’s all downhill after 11 at weddings when you’re sober, that’s when everyone starts telling you they love you and try to rub your belly.

God I remember being bridesmaid at my sisters wedding at around 7 months. I was dying. Exhausted, heartburn and cramping with dehydration! Not an experience I want to repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

God I remember being bridesmaid at my sisters wedding at around 7 months. I was dying. Exhausted, heartburn and cramping with dehydration! Not an experience I want to repeat

Weddings while pregnant are one of my least favourite things, I always end up at a rake of them pregnant. I was “hungover” for days after it because of tiredness. Funnily enough it was my brother who ended up with heartburn and between five pregnant women at the wedding not one of us had gaviscon etc!
    My Aunt saved the day, apparently hot water and lemon is an instant cure for heartburn. Never heard of it before!

Cash_Q wrote: »
    F*ck the heels! Why put yourself through that? Even if you're someone who ordinarily lives in heels, it's unlikely anyone except you will notice. If they do, say you've torn a muscle in your calf.

We've a wedding in two weeks and I got a nice comfy skater dress from wantthattrend and I'll wear it with flat sandals. I'll be over 30 weeks and everyone knows, but you have to let yourself be comfortable, it's tough enough as it is!

I want to wear my runners. Or slippers.

I’m not going to the church part. No one will really miss me at all. Will see everyone at the hotel afterward, do the pre dinner drinks circuit, dinner, post dinner chat and once the first dance is out of the way I’m off to bed in my hotel room.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Molly1983

34 weeks today and emigrating to the North Pole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 wagonwheel2

One thing i didn't expect when being pregnant is the aversion to most foods i used to love and also to coffee. I cannot finish a meal now nor have i any want for any food in general. :( Just eating for the sake of it these days.

One thing i didn't expect when being pregnant is the aversion to most foods i used to love and also to coffee. I cannot finish a meal now nor have i any want for any food in general. Just eating for the sake of it these days.

Yeah I find this very hard, no interest in dinner type food except crap like pizza and chips! I have a big appetite normally and have to cut back at meals and eat less otherwise it's repeating on me all the time.

I want to wear my runners. Or slippers.

If there is a sketchers shop near you, have a look at their pumps. They have some pretty/lacy kind of slip on flats that would really be like wearing slippers!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

My left ankle/foot is now twice the size of my right one. Same happened last time around so I'm not too alarmed but still it looks scary looking. No shoes will fit it and I've had to take scissors to one of my maternity jeans to make "maternity shorts" that cut off at the knee...

It seems to inflate with more fluid as the day goes on and then deflate a bit overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

My left ankle/foot is now twice the size of my right one. Same happened last time around so I'm not too alarmed but still it looks scary looking. No shoes will fit it and I've had to take scissors to one of my maternity jeans to make "maternity shorts" that cut off at the knee...

It seems to inflate with more fluid as the day goes on and then deflate a bit overnight.

Oh god, that sounds awful! Thank God it's flip flop weather. Plenty of time with your feet up is in order!

A cooling leg gel might help with that. Not necessarily solve the problem but alleviate some of the swelling and discomfort that goes with it. I know I love my soothing foot and ankle gels. Also a soak in Epsom salts helps.
    Growing tiny humans is just so glamorous isn’t it? Almost as glamorous as when they’re born and vomit and poo everywhere.

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Yeah I find this very hard, no interest in dinner type food except crap like pizza and chips! I have a big appetite normally and have to cut back at meals and eat less otherwise it's repeating on me all the time.

actually now you say that, chips is probably one of the only things i do still love to eat. Was hoping i might start wanting to eat only healthy foods. :pac: no such luck. :)

Pretzeluck wrote: »
    I don't get this moan thing. You chose to get pregnant and now complain about being pregnant? It's like I was eating McDonald's every day then going off and complaining about how fat I'm. Disabled people don't choose their disability so I would understand that.

Stop trolling. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭Pretzeluck

Stop trolling. :cool:

Trolling reaction when you don't have a genuine response.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Oh god, that sounds awful! Thank God it's flip flop weather. Plenty of time with your feet up is in order!

Yea I got a pair of backless flipflop sandal things with an adjustable strap in schuh so I think I'll be either barefoot or wearing them when footwear is absolutely necessary. You do get funny looks in work wandering around the place barefoot though :pac: It ain't glamourous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

THe Braxton-Hicks have started. My goodness, they’re fun. Especially in work [/sarcasm]

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Please keep the thread on topic and stop trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Amber 123

Can I introduce a new moan to add to my “I have to go to a wedding” complaint? My belly is so freaking itchy I want to tear my skin off! I’m refraining from scratching but my God it’s irritating!

actually now you say that, chips is probably one of the only things i do still love to eat. Was hoping i might start wanting to eat only healthy foods. no such luck.

Oh before I got pregnant I had myself convinced I'd be the most nutrient rich pregnant woman on the planet, motivated by the beautiful baby inside me....eh yeah right, today I've eaten some crunchy nut clusters cereal, melon, jam on toast (ooh brown bread, go me!), 2 wispas, 4 custard creams, a Mandarin and 4 cookies. Picture of health :P at least I've had a couple of portions of fruit!

Wow you poor thing, keep the feet elevated as much as you can!

Dying with heartburn all night. Assumed it was because of the GD test yesterday and suffered waiting to take the next bout of medication. Nope, husband found my ranitidine on the windowsill this morning, I forgot to take my evening one yesterday. Damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Dying with heartburn all night. Assumed it was because of the GD test yesterday and suffered waiting to take the next bout of medication. Nope, husband found my ranitidine on the windowsill this morning, I forgot to take my evening one yesterday. Damn it!

I am feeling your pain - literally! Do you need a prescription for rantidine? I saw my consultant yesterday and forgot to ask and won't see my doctor til next week, ugh.

I am feeling your pain - literally! Do you need a prescription for rantidine? I saw my consultant yesterday and forgot to ask and won't see my doctor til next week, ugh.

You can get Zantac the lower dose of it over the counter but the 150mg tablets (double zantac) I’m on need a prescription!

Still waiting to get my prescription for this as my next GP check up is not til next Friday. Must try the zantac; I was taking Maalox but it didn't agree with my tummy so I went back to gaviscon last night. In fairness my heartburn has eased a lot since last Friday but threatening to come back with a vengeance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Had a grand easy day yesterday thinking to myself oh these last couple of weeks might not be so bad after all. Woke up at 4am today with really strong braxton hicks again and slight diahhrea. My gut (pardon the pun) is telling me it's all gonna happen sooner than my first so I'm putting my bag together now just in case and a bag for the toddler to go to nanas. All I want is strong painkillers and a sleep :(

Advertisement