Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I have no trouble getting to sleep, but when I wake up in the middle of the night (either to pee or because baby is kicking) then it takes 2 hours to go back to sleep. Pain in the bum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I used to have those dreams where I'd realise I was in a dream, try and wake myself up, but wake up in the dream again!

Was caused by anxiety, thankfully was just a phase!

My moan is I finally got out of hospital today, only to realise an hour after coming home (and the meds wore off) that I'm just as sick as when I went in. They told me I'd be fine, the nausea would ease back in! Hah! I haven't kept anything down all afternoon not even stomach acid, and I'm supposed to take antibiotics and anti nausea tablets? My husband is debating sending me back in tomorrow, but I'll go stir crazy. I miss my little boy too much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

I used to have those dreams where I'd realise I was in a dream, try and wake myself up, but wake up in the dream again!

Was caused by anxiety, thankfully was just a phase!

My moan is I finally got out of hospital today, only to realise an hour after coming home (and the meds wore off) that I'm just as sick as when I went in. They told me I'd be fine, the nausea would ease back in! Hah! I haven't kept anything down all afternoon not even stomach acid, and I'm supposed to take antibiotics and anti nausea tablets? My husband is debating sending me back in tomorrow, but I'll go stir crazy. I miss my little boy too much

Wow you were so Lucky to get anti-nausea tablets in Ireland! I have friends who had to be hospitalised for hyperemisis gravadium (excuse spelling) and were given nothing. You'll have to try and find some way to keep those tablets down....grind them up and put in small spoons of yoghurt?

I'm not in ireland! I'm in Germany. Tried stuff called Nausema, all b vitamins but it did nothing. These ones I'm now on can be got over the counter too. But they are essentially the same stuff as they put in the infusion drip in the hospital so very safe. Called vomex a.

Feeling a bit better this morning. Was very ill when I got up, Took tablets but only managed to keep them down for 30 min. Think it was long enough cos I felt a bit better, had tea and toast and wanted an apple. Took another's tablet there at 12 o clock and still feeling decent ( haven't risked leaving the sofa tho!) so so far, 3 hrs no puking!

Worst going was puking every 30 min during the day regardless of eating or drinking. And 4 times at night.

I don't know how they expect some women to survive without some meds if they can't keep anything down. Sure you'd be living in hospital!

I'm not in ireland! I'm in Germany.
    I don't know how they expect some women to survive without some meds if they can't keep anything down. Sure you'd be living in hospital!

I partially guessed you were abroad when you said you came home from the hospital with anti-nausea meds!
    I know it seems mad when other european countries are giving out anti-nausea drugs that have been approved as safe for use during pregnany, Ireland is dragging its heels about doing the same :confused:

• Advertisement

I was a bit worried getting them but when they told me it's the same stuff in the drips I relaxed. Being cautious on the max allowed per day tho!

I'm in a different european country to you and I got prescribed nausea meds by the GP as well. I wasn't even puking, they were just to help me not feel nauseous all day.

Yeah there was a girl in hospital with me and she was 12 weeks along. She'd been in at 8 weeks also just for nausea all day. Honestly I could manage if I knew I wasn't going to puke. It'd be miserable but I'd manage. Perspective lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

My mother is driving me mad. She is full of well intentioned advice and I know she is only trying to help and in all fairness she's nearly as excited as I am. But all her advice is based on when she had me and my siblings, so is quite out of date, like over 30 years out of date. Things have changed a lot. So I keep having to repeat that they don't do that anymore to which she replies that they might and I say no they don't and then she gets offended cos she's just trying to help. And I know it's only going to get worse when I have the baby!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm only 21 weeks and I keep getting groin pain on my left so I find it difficult to put pressure on my left leg. I honestly cannot see me lasting in work until 38 weeks this time.

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm only 21 weeks and I keep getting groin pain on my left so I find it difficult to put pressure on my left leg. I honestly cannot see me lasting in work until 38 weeks this time.

I have that too! Pain in my left groin, especially just after I get off the bike in the mornings after cycling to work. No probs putting pressure on my leg though, just pinches when I walk.

I measured my DRAM after the last baby last night, there's still 1 finger open, oops.....I kept up the exercises for a few months (weeks) after baby was born but then totally forgot about them, started doing them again last night then thought to myself hmm maybe I should consult a physio about doing these post-natal excercises while actually pregnant! Anyone know anything about it? (it's a gap in your abdominal muscles). Mine was 4 fingers wide immediately after giving birth so it has closed a lot but still not fully closed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Lucuma wrote: »
    Wow you were so Lucky to get anti-nausea tablets in Ireland! I have friends who had to be hospitalised for hyperemisis gravadium (excuse spelling) and were given nothing. You'll have to try and find some way to keep those tablets down....grind them up and put in small spoons of yoghurt?

I was hospitalised for hyperemesis myself at 6 weeks in Holles Street - but they gave me tablets called Cariban, and I am in no doubt that they are the sole reason I made it through, I am now in week 22 and both nausea and vomiting free, they say the earlier you get the meds the better as there is more of a chance of it subsiding by the 16th week or so. All they are is an anti histamine with Vit B6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

So I'm 12+⁴ weeks and I have been struck down with a bad cold this is my 3rd cold this pregnancy so far but by far it's the worst one in miserable and feeling sorry for myself and I'm decussated that no one is feeling sorry for me only me x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭appledrop

So finally reached the 12 week mark and still vomiting every morning. I have had enough. Have already been in hospital twice due to vomiting. I suppose I should be grateful that most days now I only get sick once rather than 6/7 times at it's peak a few weeks ago but honestly why is this just seen as a normal part of pregnancy? I really think it's not right that as women we are just meant to put up with it. Everyone tells you it should ease off at 12 weeks so that's what kept me going for the last 6 weeks but no I would have to be one of the unlucky ones. Sorry for the rant ladies but I'm just sick and tired of it and people doesn't seem to understand just how bad the sickness can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

5 days overdue.

I know hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

When you haven't told work your pregnant yet and people continue to come into work sick! Keep away from me with your germs!!!!

So I'm 12+⁴ weeks and I have been struck down with a bad cold this is my 3rd cold this pregnancy so far but by far it's the worst one in miserable and feeling sorry for myself and I'm decussated that no one is feeling sorry for me only me x

Lemsip (just the normal one) and bed early! Only thing you can do

appledrop wrote: »
    So finally reached the 12 week mark and still vomiting every morning. I have had enough. Have already been in hospital twice due to vomiting. I suppose I should be grateful that most days now I only get sick once rather than 6/7 times at it's peak a few weeks ago but honestly why is this just seen as a normal part of pregnancy? I really think it's not right that as women we are just meant to put up with it. Everyone tells you it should ease off at 12 weeks so that's what kept me going for the last 6 weeks but no I would have to be one of the unlucky ones. Sorry for the rant ladies but I'm just sick and tired of it and people doesn't seem to understand just how bad the sickness can be.

This time around my nausea/stomach issues lasted til 15 weeks (wheras on no.1 they stopped at 10 weeks). If only you knew when the end was gonna come but you just have to wait for it, it's soo awful. Hopefully any day now it'll ease up for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Keep getting such strong hicks, thinking this is finally it. But of course not! A second attempt at a sweep tomorrow (8 days overdue) and possibly a last one on Thursday before induction on Friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Fingers crossed all goes well for you shasha x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭appledrop

I hope you don't have to wait much longer shashabear. I'm only at 12 weeks + the last 4 weeks have dragged. I can't imagine what it must feel like to finally get to the end and then your still waiting! Best of luck with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Got flu vaccine last Wednesday and being feeling miserable since Saturday with a headcold :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

People who pretend to be asleep while sitting in the priority seats on trains to try and avoid giving up the seat - newsflash: it's really obvious if your eyes are almost closed but your finger is moving on your phone... dipshít.

Rage significantly lessened afterwards though by the salt-of-the-earth East London mammy that works in Sainsburys that congratulated me when she saw the badge (she somehow knows everyone who works in the area) and said I looked tiny for 25 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I ended up standing on a packed (and delayed) train yesterday. Had also had to stand in the train into work so my back was killing me. I usually get certain trains that i know I'll get seats on but that just didn't work out yesterday. Nearly cried with gratitude when the girl standing in front of me loudly announced that it was ridiculous that no one would offer me their seat. There were lots of guilty looks as people jumped up to give me their seat. If that girl is reading this..... thank you!!!

I have to say, if I'm feeling uncomfortable on public transport, I just ask. People are afraid to offer seats sometimes because they don't want to offend, or they just don't notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Nearly 34 weeks here.

Ugh, last night - for the second time in four weeks - my left calf seized up. This pregnancy has been so much more taxing than my first (only three years ago). All I had first time round was heartburn and, in the last two or three weeks, baby was lying on a nerve which caused my leg to spasm, not too painfully.

This time I've had 'morning sickness' (all-day nausea), headaches, dizziness, cramps (like period pain), ligament pain, swellings due to pressure, stupid scary vivid disorienting nightmare dreams, backache, leg cramps and also the heartburn thrown in for good measure. Add in an unsympathetic husband to the mix who has helpfully informed me that he'll 'care when the baby gets here'.

Ah, it's good to rant though and get it off my chest.

Nearly 34 weeks here.

Ugh, last night - for the second time in four weeks - my left calf seized up. This pregnancy has been so much more taxing than my first (only three years ago). All I had first time round was heartburn and, in the last two or three weeks, baby was lying on a nerve which caused my leg to spasm, not too painfully.

This time I've had 'morning sickness' (all-day nausea), headaches, dizziness, cramps (like period pain), ligament pain, swellings due to pressure, stupid scary vivid disorienting nightmare dreams, backache, leg cramps and also the heartburn thrown in for good measure. Add in an unsympathetic husband to the mix who has helpfully informed me that he'll 'care when the baby gets here'.

Ah, it's good to rant though and get it off my chest.
    Aw that sounds rough, MistyCheese.
    You're on the home straight now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tt2014

im 24 weeks- first pregnancy and ive lost a good bit of weight through being sick and eating as well as I can, anyway bump has made a very welcome and lovely appearance- girl in work- oh my god, you're really big now! just be careful to stay fit- like things you don't say to a pregnant woman who just wants to enjoy being pregnant and showing off her bump- im not fat, im pregnant!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

tt2014 wrote: »
    im 24 weeks- first pregnancy and ive lost a good bit of weight through being sick and eating as well as I can, anyway bump has made a very welcome and lovely appearance- girl in work- oh my god, you're really big now! just be careful to stay fit- like things you don't say to a pregnant woman who just wants to enjoy being pregnant and showing off her bump- im not fat, im pregnant!!!!!!

The kicker on these comments is more often than not they are made by people who've never been pregnant!! :D

Smile and nod, smile and nod :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Digs wrote: »
    The kicker on these comments is more often than not they are made by people who've never been pregnant!! :D

Smile and nod, smile and nod :)

....and who are not exactly twiggy themselves, but aren't pregnant! Don't mind them tt2014 just enjoy every minute, laugh at them when they're not about, some of the ridiculous things people say to pregnant women is totally stupid but sure, that's peoples for ya.

Advertisement