Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Dolbert wrote: »
    I must be the only one who went in hairy legged with zero fcuks given! :D

I'm not too bothered either! I have very fair hairs on my legs, so its not too noticeable thankfully! I've noticed though that the hair on my legs hasn't been growing much lately. I gave them a quick shave recently and there hasn't been much regrowth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

brokensoul wrote: »
    Oh thanks God - I thought that was just me!!!!! I read that it is a reaction to heartburn, which I have been suffering at night.

On the leg shaving, I find the showers in the gym brilliant as they are bigger than my own shower so I have more space to work! have an electric bikini shaver which is still working for me, though I can no longer see what I am doing. Once it is relatively neat that will do me. I know I am having a section anyway.

Ha, is that what it is?! I hadn't a clue! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

In agony with a haemorrhoid. The joys of pregnancy. Due to be induced tmrw and am dreading what I will be like after giving birth if it hurts so much now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

In agony with a haemorrhoid. The joys of pregnancy. Due to be induced tmrw and am dreading what I will be like after giving birth if it hurts so much now.

I suffered with haemorrhoids for months, before I was even pregnant, but since I got pregnant I haven't had any issues!! They are awful, so I know how you feel.

Good luck with the induction!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I suffered with haemorrhoids for months, before I was even pregnant, but since I got pregnant I haven't had any issues!! They are awful, so I know how you feel.

Good luck with the induction!!

Never had one before being pregnant. Got one about a month and a half ago but was more uncomfortable than sore and cleared up after a few days. It wasn't too bad. This one appeared a few days ago and is excruciating. Pain is constant. I'm assuming it's due to extra pressure down there now. I sympathize with anyone who suffers with them regularly. It's really not pleasant. I just hope labour doesn't make it worse. I know pushing and straining won't help.

I'm in denial about the induction tomorrow. If I think about I'll start to panic so denial is the only way to go right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Never had one before being pregnant. Got one about a month and a half ago but was more uncomfortable than sore and cleared up after a few days. It wasn't too bad. This one appeared a few days ago and is excruciating. Pain is constant. I'm assuming it's due to extra pressure down there now. I sympathize with anyone who suffers with them regularly. It's really not pleasant. I just hope labour doesn't make it worse. I know pushing and straining won't help.

I'm in denial about the induction tomorrow. If I think about I'll start to panic so denial is the only way to go right now.

All the best with your induction Hazlenut. I'm actually 100% jealous. I spent all of yesterday in the horrors- throwing up in the early morning, late morning and evening. Heart burn that felt like someone had lit a blow torch and shoved it down my throat. I have about 8 doses of Gaviscon and it did SFA. Then got serious serious pains in my back and front and thought "finally!!". Went to bed exhausted at 10:30 only to wake an hour later with chronic heart burn back again and between that and my bloody RA pains I got 90 minutes sleep.
    For good measure my 20 month old decided to wake in the horrors at 05:30! She never ever does that.
    It's going to be a long long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I'm just so so so so soooooo SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exhausted!!! I've never felt tiredness like this (and I am a sleepyhead generally). Everything is such an effort. Even just sitting on the sofa watching tv is exhausting?! I'm also not sleeping well.... Haven't got more than six hours in the past three weeks, so this coupled with all the placenta-producing tiredness is killing me. I'm due to work 11 out of the next 12 days, and I don't know how I'm going to get through it. I need to sleep more than ever before and I just can't seem to manage more than a few hours at a time max. I'm going to cry here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I'm not sleeping well either. Tossing and turning and sweating! Doesn't help that I either have a roasting hubby or a roasting 2 yr beside me too. Feel like I haven't slept much at all this week.
    Enjoying the sunshine during the day tho at least. And nap time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Sleep whats that, between being so uncomfortable and the heat and an almost 2 year old who feels like she doesn't need much sleep any more and hubby snoring beside me, 2 weeks to due date today ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I have pains everywhere, EVERYWHERE!!!! Hips, back, who ha, thighs, bump. Went from feeling pretty nifty yesterday to an ogre today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Have a ear infection - I think I may go mad with the pain!!!!

I am prone to them, but usually sofadrex drops clear it up. They are not working at all for this though and it has been getting worse as the day went on. Have a doc appointment in the morning, but I think it will need antibiotics.

I was so proud of myself, I have not taken so much as a rennie tablet during this whole pregnancy but I reckon that will come to an end tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

In laws!!!

stickybean wrote: »
    In laws!!!

I agree! Mine are wondering why Im refusing to take my 2 yr old to the zoo with them. Keep complaining they never see him. Eh I'm 37 weeks pregnant! I'm barely able to walk round the supermarket let alone the zoo on a sat in the heat. Go to blazes!

In laws!!!

Mine are always there!!! Love calling over after work and at the weekend when you are trying to get some rest and catch up on your housework. Not as much as a phone call or a bit of notice ... :mad::mad::mad:

I feel they are setting a precedence for when the baby comes... before we were pregnant they came over once a month, not is 2 times a week

Mine are always there!!! Love calling over after work and at the weekend when you are trying to get some rest and catch up on your housework. Not as much as a phone call or a bit of notice ... :mad::mad::mad:

I feel they are setting a precedence for when the baby comes... before we were pregnant they came over once a month, not is 2 times a week

Ugh that would drive me insane! Thankfully mine live in the uk so I won't be bothered until they actual come over & I dread to think how long they will stay!

We chose the location for our new house specifically so that it wasn't close to our inlaws. Mil kept trying to persuade us to buy down the road form them, then it was on their bus route / train line ( she doesn't drive). She even commented on retiring and minding number 1 before he came along!
    Talk about suffocating! She doesn't parent anything like me and hubby so I wanted to run a mile!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

In laws!!!

Mine havent being seen for over 2 months at our house since boy wonder (my husband) went to Dublin to finish his course. Hes back this week on a study week and of course they land last night for a visit at 9.15pm. Like seriously Im in bed most nights by 9.30 at the min :mad::mad:

mano79 wrote: »
    Mine havent being seen for over 2 months at our house since boy wonder (my husband) went to Dublin to finish his course. Hes back this week on a study week and of course they land last night for a visit at 9.15pm. Like seriously Im in bed most nights by 9.30 at the min :mad::mad:

I'd just go to bed and leave your husband to deal with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

My missus started a blog last week to moan, nice (apologies, it's not really!) to hear you're all going through similar and she's not just going at it.

http://moany-mam.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

This first trimester nausea and exhaustion is getting me down so much that I think I might be a bit depressed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

This first trimester nausea and exhaustion is getting me down so much that I think I might be a bit depressed

Hi catrionaric, sorry to hear that you're still feeling down. Antenatal depression is not completely uncommon and given your thread on the issue it might be an idea to go and speak to your GP if you're still continuing to feel so rubbish. Please also have a look at this website as there is the support out there if you find that this is the issue for you http://www.nurturecharity.org/get-info/depression-during-pregnancy/. I really hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

33 weeks..... severe heart burn & reflux... Hayfever & night time trips to the bathroom.
    Need I say more

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

33 weeks..... severe heart burn & reflux... Hayfever & night time trips to the bathroom.
    Need I say more

I was crippled with heartburn for weeks.... My GP prescribed me omeprazole for it and it was amazing, no heartburn, slept like a baby the last month. I have just run out because I'm 41 weeks and i should of had the baby by now :( Toying with the idea of going back for more, but i'd rather just go in to labour !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Been extra thirsty last couple of nights, but can't drink too much water cos makes me feel ill. Then this morning woke with a sore throat, heading on holidays tomorrow... what are the chances :mad:

Was awake half the night with pains, thought this was it and got excited! This mornign nothing but loads of pressure and uncomfortableness. Feck sake :(

Was awake half the night with pains, thought this was it and got excited! This mornign nothing but loads of pressure and uncomfortableness. Feck sake :(

I woke a few times too with tightening & pressure. I hate this waiting for something to happen! My ribs hurt on each side of my bump, moving around in bed is so difficult!

For the second time

INLAWS!!!!! :mad::(:mad::(:mad::(

I got moaned to because I didn't tell the mother in law we had a scan last week. I should know better that he tells her nothing.... sorry WHAT?

For the second time

I got moaned to because I didn't tell the mother in law we had a scan last week. I should know better that he tells her nothing.... sorry WHAT?

Something that you may not be up for but we found helpful in our family was creating. Whatsapp group for the kids. So we have one simply called our sons name, then any news about him / pictures, scans etc get put on that. My sister is way more active to the point of slightly annoying with my nephews one but that's partly because her inlaws don't seem to realise that our side don't care about their weekend plans.... Anyway! Everyone gets informed of goings on at the exact sme time which is handy, no one is left out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

For the second time

Is there actually anything worse then in laws? Mine haven't spoken to me or my little boy in 18 months, during that time came to my wedding (without speaking to me & had faces like slapped arses) but yet claim to all their friends & on social media that they are "sooooooo excited & can't wait" for this baby to arrive.
    PLEASE.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Is there actually anything worse then in laws? Mine haven't spoken to me or my little boy in 18 months, during that time came to my wedding (without speaking to me & had faces like slapped arses) but yet claim to all their friends & on social media that they are "sooooooo excited & can't wait" for this baby to arrive.
    PLEASE.

Give them baby pictures of random babies off the internet when they ask you for pictures of them for Facebook. Not like they'd notice if they are really your children or not. Blame sleep deprivation if you get caught. Or texting while breastfeeding. It's tricky forwarding pictures on your phone one-handed...

Advertisement