Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Sorry to hear about the mc penny :(

This baby is over a year in the making for us (as was #1) so we are beyond thrilled but I'm really feeling it this time, exhausted and stuck between that balance of feeling like crap but being delighted to be here at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Digs wrote: »
    This baby is over a year in the making for us (as was #1) so we are beyond thrilled but I'm really feeling it this time, exhausted and stuck between that balance of feeling like crap but being delighted to be here at the same time!

Could actually have written this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Sorry to hear about the mc penny :(

Our first baby was just over a year in the making for us too and we'd gotten to the stage where we thought it was never going to happen. Then up she popped as a "1-2 weeks". :) Felt crappy lots of the time much the same way as you are but was delighted and fascinated at it all too.

Last time out I got pregnant so quickly I could hardly believe it but we all know how that ended.
    I got pregnant quickly this time too- maybe now my body can't stop getting pregnant. Hopefully it will stay put this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

This is our first, also a year and 2 miscarriages in the making. Praying it sticks. Early scan next week. Symptoms still very mild. Boobs are slowly becoming tender and yesterday I had one or two waves of nausea. Hoping all ok.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Breakfast.

Second breakfast.

Lunch.

Chocolate.

Tea.

Still bloody hungry. :mad:

• Advertisement

Breakfast.

Second breakfast.

Lunch.

Chocolate.

Tea.

Crunchies. Can't get enough of the Crunchies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

This is our first, also a year and 2 miscarriages in the making. Praying it sticks. Early scan next week. Symptoms still very mild. Boobs are slowly becoming tender and yesterday I had one or two waves of nausea. Hoping all ok.

I'm very excited for you Hazelnut! I found the first few weeks really excited and terrified at the same time!! An early scan is a great idea

I'm very excited for you Hazelnut! I found the first few weeks really excited and terrified at the same time!! An early scan is a great idea

It is a great idea. I'll be having mine at 7 weeks.

yellow hen wrote: »
    Could actually have written this!

YH congrats! I missed your news while I was offline. I'm right behind you for the second time.... Freaky really, you might let me know if you're planning #3 I'll pencil it in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

YH congrats! I missed your news while I was offline. I'm right behind you for the second time.... Freaky really, you might let me know if you're planning #3 I'll pencil it in :)

Jesus, don't look at me for planning. They were both a long time in the making! Are you coombe again or am I confusing you with someone else from last time?

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    Jesus, don't look at me for planning. They were both a long time in the making! Are you coombe again or am I confusing you with someone else from last time?

No holles street this time and last, you've me confused!

Sure we got there anyway.... Eventually!!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

If good wishes make any difference, I have everything crossed for you. I hope everything goes well, take care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Breakfast.

Second breakfast.

Lunch.

Chocolate.

Tea.

Oh god yes, I'm hungry all the time now too! Nothing is safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

More of a rant/ whinge than a moan so feel free to scroll on by!
    I'm 4 weeks pregnant and fupping exhausted! Hubby went to China last week after inviting his sisters over to visit. So i spent the week entertain ing guests instead of working and doing night shift alone with the toddler. Then hubby comes home sick but refuses the doc on sat even with his temps over 40 and barely able to move. Sun morning he says he's dying so we take him to the clinic where they admit him for suspected pneumonia. Tests all day turns out its influenza so he's quarentined to hospital. So it's another week alone for me. Last night the morning sickness started. It was pretty much constant for 16 weeks with my son. It wasn't pretty. My boy woke up with terrible snots this morning. If he's caught this flu i will murder my husband. I can't send him to nursery knowing hubby has flu so he'll be home with me all week so still no work done. We could all end up in hospital and we've noone here in Germany. I have until dec 1 to finish about 2 months of work.

I feel like crying with the stress of it all.

Rant over, panic continues

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Dori, you poor thing. I hope you son isn't sick, maybe you'll be able to send him to crèche tomorrow. What an awful few weeks you've had, I can only hope they improve rapidly for you. :o

You poor thing dori, that's enough for someone who's not pregnants plate!! Mind yourself, hope things improve soon.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If metal bands I like could kindly stop planning their London gigs in standing-only venues for when I'm going to be 35+ weeks along that would be absolutely fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Ah dori you poor thing it nevers rains but it pours shìte :( Congrats on your news though :D

Thanks ladies! Could do without the stress lol, everything's crossed for this pregnancy! No real signs of flu yet, think if we make it through tomorrow we are in the clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

This is quite small compared to previous problems I have encountered, having had hyperemesis for 10 weeks of pregnancy I now feel so good as it's eased up. But today I am in such a bad mood, from what other women are saying to me about my body. Other women who've given birth and just feel it's quite ok to generalise about everything and tell you how your body's going to react to getting bigger in the 3rd trimester and also afterwards. How do they know I will gain so much weight I'm going to hate my body and be miserable, and that it won't go away afterwards? :mad: I just feel really annoyed today. They look at your belly first before you every day, and then they say stuff like this. It's annoying because I've only begun to enjoy my pregnancy and the little bump emerging from my top now, leave me in peace for a few weeks to enjoy this bit, I didn't f*cking ask you to tell me how miserable I'm going to become, F*ck off!

Sorry but needed the rant, these are people I would normally consider ok who I get on with....why does everyone feel they have a right to comment on your body all of a sudden? Jesus you'd think they, having gone through it, would keep their gobs shut. I'm so relieved I'm not throwing up any more I don't care if I put on weight so long as my baby's ok. :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

So true, Babooshka. Everybody has something to say!

Luckily, though, I was kind of prepared well for this. I got married last year and it's very similar when you are getting married. Everybody has something to say and an opinion and a scary story. I got very good at just smiling and letting people say their piece, and then forgetting straight afterwards what they said to me.

So now that I am pregnant I just do the same thing and smile, while in my head I am saying 'wow, that is a totally inappropriate thing to say to anyone. actually, I can't believe you just said that. how dare you!'

They are just projecting their feelings about their pregnancy onto you. I lost a lot of weight being ill in the beginning too, never gained it back until about 6 months after I had my boy. I was quite slim walking out of hospital! Not everyone's the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I had a (usually) lovely male friend tell me how fat I was going to get because I'd eat a tub of icecream every night like his wife did...nope, I didn't. He looked almost disappointed when I barely had a bump at 30 weeks and really did look disappointed when he said "You look great?" when he saw me when baby was 4 weeks old. How very dare I?! :D I just ignored those comments and ranted here and to my husband ☺

Thanks ladies you're right of course, my bump has only come out and it's as though once it does it's open season! Probably just sensitive as I couldn't enjoy any of it for so long because I been sick and now I'm loving it. I shall toughen up and smile and nod more, and thanks for helping me get back to sanity this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I put on a fierce amount of weight with my first. 6 stone to be exact! It definitely had negative impacts on my enjoyment of the pregnancy after about 37 weeks but I certainly didn't hate myself or my body. I had my daughter and lost 4 of the 6 stone before I got pregnant again. I have 4 stone on in this pregnancy, leaving me at the same weight I was when I was due the first time. Still don't hate myself! :o
    But the horrid anecdotal "statements of fact" that people come out with are just atrocious at the best of times.
    "Oh if you've put on that much weight you'll have diabetes like I did. All I ate was fruit and veg and I still piled on the pounds... what do you mean you cut out caffeine, sure I drank 6 cans of coke every day and my baby wasn't underweight!"
    :rolleyes:
    Or, my favourite this week:
    "You're carrying too high this far on, so that gender scan was wrong - wait till you see, you're having a boy!"
    (Said by relative who told me exactly the same thing 2 weeks before my first daughter was born...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Babooshka wrote: »
    Thanks ladies you're right of course, my bump has only come out and it's as though once it does it's open season! Probably just sensitive as I couldn't enjoy any of it for so long because I been sick and now I'm loving it. I shall toughen up and smile and nod more, and thanks for helping me get back to sanity this evening!

Some people think that once you get pregnant, they can say what you want to them. I had a tiny bump last time and a couple of people kept going on about how it wasn't normal. It didn't matter that I'd repeat ad nauseam that the doctor said the baby was a normal size and my bump was nothing to worry about.

Some people think that once you get pregnant, they can say what you want to them. I had a tiny bump last time and a couple of people kept going on about how it wasn't normal. It didn't matter that I'd repeat ad nauseam that the doctor said the baby was a normal size and my bump was nothing to worry about.

Yep I think the best thing to do is just ignore as the other ladies have said, it is probably just to make themselves feel better if they put on a lot of weight, which there is absolutely nothing wrong with but doesn't happen to everyone. One of them who said it to me about not losing the weight after, it's just her experience of it, plenty have, and she's struggled with hers, so I guess Dori has a very valid point, in that they're projecting their feelings onto you. I'm going to enjoy this and forget about all of that crap. I am going maternity clothes shopping later and looking forward to it, and if I pile on weight and need bigger ones later, I'll deal with it! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Don't mind them. I put on 5 stone while pregnant with my daughter and had it all lost within 6 months and, with some weight training, a year later I looked better than I had beforehand! Just smile and nod and call her an aul bag in your head (or out loud! :D)

Don't mind them. I put on 5 stone while pregnant with my daughter and had it all lost within 6 months and, with some weight training, a year later I looked better than I had beforehand! Just smile and nod and call her an aul bag in your head (or out loud! :D)

Ha ha :D probably keep it quiet for now! Plenty of time to lose the rag before I leave, it could all happen yet. I think it's just women who obsessed about their bodies before they became pregnant who go on about it. I've always been slim but just lucky, I eat like a horse and don't worry too much about and extra pound or seven now and then. I think it's terribly unhealthy to discuss food and diet and bodies all the time, aside from the fact it's totally f*cking boring too. I have no idea how much weight I am going to put on as this bump has just begun and I'm only half way there, but surely it shouldn't be something that's up for public conversation. I dread to think what they'll be saying to me if I do, then there'll be digs thrown!

• Advertisement

People are a pain in the face with their comments about your pregnancy and your body. I was shocked at how people thought they could say anything they damn well wanted.
    We found out we were having a girl but decided to keep that to ourselves. It was one thing about the pregnancy that was just for us where as everthing else seemed to be up for grabs - sometimes quite literally.

I had a few people tell me that I looked too good to be having anything other than a boy. It I was pregnant with a girl I'd be much fatters and spottier and was I disappointed that I was having a boy.

Then there were two women (who I thought were friends but I've since learned aren't at all) who were obsessed with my delivery (that was months away at this stage) and my (apparent) need for a C-section. Having a section hadn't been mentioned by any doctors at this stage but these two kept insisting on it. As my pregnancy progressed there was a query as to whether I had a low placenta and needed another scan to see if a planned section was in order but I never mentioned this to them because if I did it would have been like Christmas coming early for them.

Then after my daughter was born the first thing they asked was if my labour was horrible.
    I just said it was fine, better than I expected but fine. There were a few little dramas after delivery but I never mentioned a thing to them about it as all they wanted was gossip.
    I never saw or heard from them again until a year later when I came back to work.

Advertisement