Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Lovely to see this thread still waddling along after a whopping 7.5 years and over 7,000 moans!! Where is everyone these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

tt2014 wrote:
    im 24 weeks- first pregnancy and ive lost a good bit of weight through being sick and eating as well as I can, anyway bump has made a very welcome and lovely appearance- girl in work- oh my god, you're really big now! just be careful to stay fit- like things you don't say to a pregnant woman who just wants to enjoy being pregnant and showing off her bump- im not fat, im pregnant!!!!!!

I wasn't showing until around 7/8 months but the things people say - firstly commenting on how small I was + baby will be tiny. Then about how I'd popped, sex of baby cause of how I carried, just general free for all commenting on my appearance, bump dropped so head must be engaged- stop!!! How is it ok when pregnant but nobody would do it to non pregnant women?? It just worries the mum usually or insults+ upsets her.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

I was at a wedding yesterday and this woman kept rubbing my stomach.

WTF would you think that was an ok thing to do to someone?!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

brokensoul wrote: »
    I was at a wedding yesterday and this woman kept rubbing my stomach.

WTF would you think that was an ok thing to do to someone?!!!!

1. Rub theirs back
    2. Say "unless you put it in there or will be helping to take it out, don't touch".

Using #2 ended up with someone huffing off and ruining a family occasion when I said it so use with care :D

1. Rub theirs back
    2. Say "unless you put it in there or will be helping to take it out, don't touch".

Using #2 ended up with someone huffing off and ruining a family occasion when I said it so use with care :D

I did consider asking if she expected a genie to appear, but she is related to me (and a tiny bit nuts) so probably not worth upsetting her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I see you having your bump rubbed and raise you to the level of someone kissing it!
    That happened to me at work 2 weeks ago. I slapped the woman on the arm pretty hard and told her to back off before I even had a chance to think about what I was doing.
    People are weird around pregnant women.

I see you having your bump rubbed and raise you to the level of someone kissing it!
    That happened to me at work 2 weeks ago. I slapped the woman on the arm pretty hard and told her to back off before I even had a chance to think about what I was doing.
    People are weird around pregnant women.

Ok, that is way more creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

brokensoul wrote: »
    Ok, that is way more creepy!

People are strange strange strange. They seems to loose all sense of what is appropriate to say and do around pregnant women. It's a bit silly and foolhardy really considering how volatile we can be from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Stupid moan... but I keep having little angry burst where I get annoyed or upset over nothing... take it out on the husband then feel crap and have to apologise... Stupid moan I know... I should try to control it more, but I feel annoyed I have to keep saying sorry for moods I can't control... :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, my 3rd baby and I'm sick of everyone telling me oh your bump is so big, it's dropped so much your going to have this baby early, this is going on a few weeks now, baby will arrive when it is ready, I just wish people would keep opinions to themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

My family had a right laugh yesterday at my expense. Baby had a big detailed scan at 33 weeks. Estimate weight 5lbs! 80th+ percentile on all measurements. My family joked for over an hour how I was gonna be destroyed pushing out a 10lber. I told them to shut up numerous times, with all the standard responses but they really can't take a hint.

My first boy had a massive head and he came out just fine 2 yrs ago. I'm not terribly worried this time.

Ruined the family get together for me.

Other than my ****e family, my moans are constant heartburn, no longer being able to get my trousers off without injuring myself, and not fitting in between parked cars in a car park.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I hate people blessing my bump.... while I'm not religious, I respect people's own personal beliefs, but blessing my bump is a step to far and made me feel really uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Kantava

My family joked for over an hour how I was gonna be destroyed pushing out a 10lber..

What????? :mad: Thats unbelievable!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Trying to get socks & shoes on is becoming a serious effort lately! I am wrecked by the time I'm finished! LOL

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Trying to get socks & shoes on is becoming a serious effort lately! I am wrecked by the time I'm finished! LOL

I bought sandals last weekend on the sole criteria that I can put them on without bending over! Slip on birkenstocks - not elegant, but very very practical.

A buddy of mine (and mother of twins) got me a voucher for a pedicure when she found out I was pregnant and in the card she put "one day you will wake up and discover that you can no longer cut your own toenails. It isn't a great feeling, so on that day go get a nice pedicure"

I thought it was a great idea for a present!

Wow what a lovely gift to get, do I own feet haha had to get hubby to take nail varnish of my toe nails tonight couldn't be bothered painting them again, although I hate my toes without polish on them x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I live in my Birkenstocks lately! They're actually pretty trendy nowadays :) socks make me cry and laces are not my friend.

Current night situation is - multiple toilet trips, thigh cramps, insane baby moving causing fear waters are going to explode and drooling (yeah that's a new one). Every single bone in my body seems to be cracking.

My fingers have also morphed into sausages, I feel like it's roasting lately but the thermometer says otherwise!

I would also really really like a bottle of corona and for this baba not to be two weeks overdue like her sister was.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

Constant need for the toilet, waking up hungry at night, massive need for miwadi all hours of the day and night, serious pain in my hips when in bed, being doubled up (as far as that is now possible) in pain when I have to get up to go to the toilet at night, heartburn and being extremely cranky and emotional to name just a few of my moans right now. And its only wk 33 for me :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I'm reading this thread and wondering how I'm gonna manage when I'm in the third trimester! I'm only six weeks now and I hadn't even thought about the whole rigmarole of just trying to put on shoes and socks and trousers! How are you managing to shave your legs? Or, dare I ask, bikini line?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm reading this thread and wondering how I'm gonna manage when I'm in the third trimester! I'm only six weeks now and I hadn't even thought about the whole rigmarole of just trying to put on shoes and socks and trousers! How are you managing to shave your legs? Or, dare I ask, bikini line?

Some manage fine. I was able to paint my toenails myself at 39 weeks. I did it so well that I ended up delivering with the same nail varnish on and got compliments from the midwives at the business end for my pretty tootsies. :D

I got a wax a few weeks beforehand, but that was mostly in fear of them shaving me in hospital with a dry bic (not sure if they do this these days and having razor burn and stubble to contend with post partum too. In the end I had a emergency c-section and they incise you so low down its where they'd likely shave you a bit anyway so I was glad I'd had it done at my leisure by a gentle beautician. And because I'd waxed, regrowth came after I was well into the healing phase.

You could teach your OH how to wax your legs though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

+1 for waxing, haven't seen my bits in a while!! 38 weeks in a few days and I'll be having a pre labour tidy up :D it was so so handy on number one having been waxed, didn't have to worry about down there for a while!

My best friend is a beautician and does it for me in my house so couldn't be handier, I'll be hinting at a cheeky massage too :P maybe a pedicure aswell, sure it's the least she can do for her miserable friend!!

Neyite you're a better woman than me managing the toes at 39 weeks! I haven't the energy nor the puff in my lungs to manage it.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I didn't get to 39 weeks but I know there's have been no way I could have painted the toenails! I'm sure I would have only got as far as my knees :D

As for the waxing!! Oh hell yes!! I also had an EMCS and was delighted that I was hair free... Not just for the sake of the dreaded dry bic (yes Neyite, they still use them and came at me with one... I was a bit smug for that one thankfully :D) but also for the changing of the dressing!!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

At 33 wks still managing to shave legs and put nail varnish on toes but Id say that wont last much longer. As for bikini line - what bikini line - haven't seen it in months and at this stage wouldn't attempt to go there with a razor - it'd be like a stab in the dark. Will try and gather the courage to get a wax done much nearer due date (god help that poor beautician) but for now what I cant see doesn't bother me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Even with bad PGP at times during my second pregnancy I managed to shave my legs to over 40 weeks. Just trimmed and shaved the bikini line area to keep it tidy. Am 18 weeks on my third and really suffering with pelvic pain so hoping I'll be able to keep on top of all that stuff this time. I just go right off waxing during pregnancy thing. My skin just seems to react differently.

Digs wrote: »
    I live in my Birkenstocks lately! They're actually pretty trendy nowadays :) socks make me cry and laces are not my friend.

Current night situation is - multiple toilet trips, thigh cramps, insane baby moving causing fear waters are going to explode and drooling (yeah that's a new one). Every single bone in my body seems to be cracking.

My fingers have also morphed into sausages, I feel like it's roasting lately but the thermometer says otherwise!

I would also really really like a bottle of corona and for this baba not to be two weeks overdue like her sister was.

Oh thanks God - I thought that was just me!!!!! I read that it is a reaction to heartburn, which I have been suffering at night.

On the leg shaving, I find the showers in the gym brilliant as they are bigger than my own shower so I have more space to work! have an electric bikini shaver which is still working for me, though I can no longer see what I am doing. Once it is relatively neat that will do me. I know I am having a section anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I got my husband to help me shave the day my contractions started! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I'm gonna step up my IPL which I can still see what I'm doing then! (I have one of those at-home ones)

Wish i had IPL at home was having it done in a salon and had to stop when pregnant x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I must be the only one who went in hairy legged with zero fcuks given! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

It was a freezing feb day when my boy was born! The extra fuzz was needed to prevent hypothermia lol!

Advertisement