Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Worried sick tonight - really bad abdominal pain earlier with
    terrible diarrhoea
    (potential TMI alert) and pain has now moved around to my lower back :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Angel, if it helps any, on my first pregnancy I had cramps so bad at 5 weeks that I lay on the bathroom floor, convinced I was miscarrying. But nothing happened. I've no idea what it could have been, my nurse reckoned it might be the uterus stretching. I literally could not stand up and found the cool floor soothing. But the results of that pregnancy has me run ragged these days the little monkey!

I hope its just stretching pains for you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

my girlfriend is 33 weeks pregnant today . i am so proud of her .

sound just tired . i have noticed her mood has improved as it gets nearer the time .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Things I hate about waiting in maternity clinics:

People who roar all of their business into their phones for the whole waiting room to hear (specially when its not even juicy gossip :pac: )

People who pick the stinkiest icky crisps from the machine and take half an hour to eat them so that the whole area is reeking after them.

People who bring the whole family with them, as if getting your wee checked is an event to be celebrated by aunts, grannies and sisters alike.

Men who will happily glue their arses to the only available seats and sprawl themselves out for the long haul while heavily pregnant women have to use the wall to support themselves.

People who have an attitude problem, constantly sighing loudly and throwing their eyes at everyone, giving out loudly about the nurses and how everyone else is getting seen before them.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Am I the only one who will be working away, minding my own business in my head, not even thinking about being pregnant, and then next thing thoughts start firing at me, how the hell will we afford this?, how will we pay for health insurance, school, college?, will we ever have enough money for a holiday again??, I'm still 19 in my head I'm not ready for this, my house isn't clean enough!

Any advice on how to argue back with this hysterical voice? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Ok I have tried to stay away from this thread for as long as possible as I am so grateful to be in this position.... But I've had enough!
    I'm sick of not being able to sleep more than two hours without having to pee.
    I'm so tired if being wide awake at 5am every morning no matter what time I go to bed at and having to get up as I am so uncomfortable.
    I wish the pain that I've had in my side since week 14 would just piss off for a few hours so I can be comfortable lying/sitting down.
    I want my ankles and feet back, I don't want to wear flip flops anymore.
    Oh and my hands, I would like to be able to unscrew bottle tops without having to ask someone like a 5 year old.
    I'd take a nice deep breath now but a baby is wedged under my lungs so I sound like a 80year old that's just done a hour on a treadmill.

Ahhhhh that's feels better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Am I the only one who will be working away, minding my own business in my head, not even thinking about being pregnant, and then next thing thoughts start firing at me, how the hell will we afford this?, how will we pay for health insurance, school, college?, will we ever have enough money for a holiday again??, I'm still 19 in my head I'm not ready for this, my house isn't clean enough!

Any advice on how to argue back with this hysterical voice? :)

I usually just silence her with chocolate.

Dolbert wrote: »
    I usually just silence her with chocolate.

I'm actually completely gone off chocolate, which was basically my staple food beforehand. I've gone off all sweet things, thank God I knew I was pregnant or I'd have thought my system had finally reached maximum capacity. So I can't even do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

People who bring the whole family with them, as if getting your wee checked is an event to be celebrated by aunts, grannies and sisters alike.

:mad: This! What on earth is wrong with these people? I was in the induction suite recently and this woman came in with SEVEN people. All hairy-palmed, inbred, cross-eyed yokels that were coming in with their heavily pregnant wife/sister/cousin (it looked like they hadn't actually botherd to differentiate relations anyway :rolleyes:) They were there all of five minutes when a senior midwife came in and ran them before their arses hit the seat and told them they were forbidden from coming in and only one person was allowed in. She was incandescent and rightly so. I must admit I felt like clapping but thought it would have been obnoxious......

Merkin wrote: »
    :mad: This! What on earth is wrong with these people? I was in the induction suite recently and this woman came in with SEVEN people. All hairy-palmed, inbred, cross-eyed yokels that were coming in with their heavily pregnant wife/sister/cousin (it looked like they hadn't actually botherd to differentiate relations anyway :rolleyes:) They were there all of five minutes when a senior midwife came in and ran them before their arses hit the seat and told them they were forbidden from coming in and only one person was allowed in. She was incandescent and rightly so. I must admit I felt like clapping but thought it would have been obnoxious......

I'm sure I posted about this somewhere before but I saw an episode of the american program Baby Er where the woman in labour was disappointed that her 'wonderful' aunt and uncle couldn't make the birth so she got her mother to bring a laptop into the birthing suite and skyped for the whole duration of the labour. At one stage, grandma was standing at the foot of the bed with the webcam tilted down so that the smiling simpering aunt AND uncle could see the baby crowning :eek: Wtf is wrong with people????

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm sure I posted about this somewhere before but I saw an episode of the american program Baby Er where the woman in labour was disappointed that her 'wonderful' aunt and uncle couldn't make the birth so she got her mother to bring a laptop into the birthing suite and skyped for the whole duration of the labour. At one stage, grandma was standing at the foot of the bed with the webcam tilted down so that the smiling simpering aunt AND uncle could see the baby crowning :eek: Wtf is wrong with people????

And yet a breastfeeding woman 'exposes' herself. :rolleyes: You couldnt make it up!

Not that any of my family would be remotely interested in attending thank god, but I love the Irish midwives for baldly stating the one-birthing-partner rule so often during antenatal visits. I dont think my fanny would cooperate if I had the inlaws peering between my legs, and I dont think I could ever make eye contact again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

People who roar all of their business into their phones for the whole waiting room to hear (specially when its not even juicy gossip :pac: )

People who pick the stinkiest icky crisps from the machine and take half an hour to eat them so that the whole area is reeking after them.

Men who will happily glue their arses to the only available seats and sprawl themselves out for the long haul while heavily pregnant women have to use the wall to support themselves.

People who have an attitude problem, constantly sighing loudly and throwing their eyes at everyone, giving out loudly about the nurses and how everyone else is getting seen before them.

/rant

One day I got to the hospital and the waitig room was full of such men with their kids and there was standing room only for myself and the three other women who were already standing.
    The kids were running riot, the men ignoring them and the heavily pregnant women in the women's hospital and I just snapped. I was tired, sore, fed up and did not want to have to stand so I turned to one of them and asked him to stand up and give me his seat.
    He was shocked and pointed out that he was there with his wife, I retorted that was fine but I was pregnant as were the other women standing and we were the patients of the hospital not him so actually all of the men should give their seats over to the pregnant women.
    Reluctantly the 4 of us were given seats by these men.

It drives me demented- people bringing all and sundry to the hospital. Men stay at home with the kids and mind them yourselves for a little while. If you do come along for whatever reason have enough cop on to give your seat to a heavily pregnant woman or at least offer it.

Why did that guy thinking pointing out that he was there with his wife entitled him to stay sitting lol!

Why did that guy thinking pointing out that he was there with his wife entitled him to stay sitting lol!

I think because he was there with a pregnant woman and (ahem) supporting her.
    Supporting her my foot- more like he was in fear of having to mind his own kids at home on his own for an hour or two.
    It always seemed odd to me that so many women have their menfolk with them at every single appointment. My husband came for the first one and it was also our first scan too - that makes sense to me and I can see why everyone would want someone there with them for that.
    The next time after that he came along was for the 20/22 week anomoly scan and we had a location scan about a week ago at 35 weeks and he came to that too. The anomoly scan I think is important to have someone with you for that in case you get some bad news and need support.
    For us the placental localisation scan was a thing for the two of us as options for a scheduled Section would have been discussed if the placenta hadn't moved. As it turned out it had and all was good there so we got to have another look at our little baby that is all plumped up now and looking like a proper baby instead of the little alien we had seen up to that point.

Each of those scans was late enough in the evening though and there was hardly anyone around.
    When I attend for my OPD appointments there are lots of women there with their significant others and I am always surprised. It involves so much time off for the women anyway but at least we are entitled to that from our various work places, the men aren't and there is a fair bit of hanging around and I'd have thought the time would be much better spent after the baby is born.
    For women who are having problematic pregnancies I can understand it but with 8000 births having taken place in the Coombe last year the chances of every one of the women there with their husband/ partner having problems are pretty low.

I ended up having 14-15 antenatal appointments during my last pregnancy and OH was only there for two, only because I was getting scanned. This time he hasn't come to any yet because I would rather have him at home minding the small fella than have the stress of a crying baby in the waiting room on top of everything else. I also cannot understand why a woman would need her husband with her for a routine appointment just to get her wee dipped and blood pressure checked :confused: I, for one, always have lower bp when my OH isn't with me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

/rant

This did make me laugh! It's so true!

Neyite wrote: »
    And yet a breastfeeding woman 'exposes' herself. :rolleyes: You couldnt make it up!

Not that any of my family would be remotely interested in attending thank god, but I love the Irish midwives for baldly stating the one-birthing-partner rule so often during antenatal visits. I dont think my fanny would cooperate if I had the inlaws peering between my legs, and I dont think I could ever make eye contact again. :pac:

Have a read of this then :pac:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/09/04/why-i-gave-birth-in-front-of-a-room-full-of-people/

I especially enjoyed the bit where they all helped her poop and her friend pushing her hemorrhoids back in for her :eek: Everyone to their own and all but this whole article creeped me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/09/04/why-i-gave-birth-in-front-of-a-room-full-of-people/

I especially enjoyed the bit where they all helped her poop and her friend pushing her hemorrhoids back in for her :eek: Everyone to their own and all but this whole article creeped me out.

I have no words...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Another moan,not necessarily about my pregnancy but people(again).at work today a group of women had a full discussion about me (in front of me) about my size,how Im carrying,what I'll have blah blah blah . While I worked round them . I felt like screeching. its like when you get pregnant you become other people's property,It's doin my head in . other than that I'm loving being pregnant!

Penny, my partner came to every single appointment but he just wanted to. I certainly never expected him to. Though he stood in the waiting room and only sat down if there were plenty of spare seats, and was the first to vacate one if he thought a woman needed it. I'd have killed him otherwise lol.

Oh.Dear.God. I shuddered reading that.

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    Penny, my partner came to every single appointment but he just wanted to. I certainly never expected him to. Though he stood in the waiting room and only sat down if there were plenty of spare seats, and was the first to vacate one if he thought a woman needed it. I'd have killed him otherwise lol.

Oh.Dear.God. I shuddered reading that.

Which is fine- it's nice that he could. I have the problem with the ones that bring the entire family and take over the whole room.

My moan is that it's 02:13 and I'm awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

same here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Me too
    And I have work in the morning how. will I get up??
    Also a weird pain in my vagina bone,get out of there child,it's far too soon!!!

bobskii wrote: »
    same here :(
    Sucks doesn't it :-(
    Lashes28 wrote: »
    Me too
    And I have work in the morning how. will I get up??
    Also a weird pain in my vagina bone,get out of there child,it's far too soon!!!

Thankfully I don't have work, poor you. This happened to me on Tuesday night too and I was wrecked on Wednesday for work.

I'm 36 weeks and the baby is due Oct 7th but I am (for no particular reason) getting more and more convinced that the baby will arrive before then.
    I had a scan at 35 weeks at the baby was weighing in at 5.5lbs then so if she does arrive earlier she will be a fine size anyway.
    Tuesday night woke me up because I had a horrible pain in my back and pelvis and I was convinced I was in labour. Turned out I wasn't but I got quite the fright regardless.
    The bump is a lot lower now and is putting quite a bit of pressure on my pelvis. I've been super tired today but packed my hospital bag this evening thankfully. Went to bed around 11pm and fell asleep ok but work up boiling hot at 01:30 and have ........ Well had to make many trips to the bathroom lets say.
    My body is definitively preparing for the last part of this journey. I'm very tired though but can't sleep which is so very annoying.
    Hope the rest of you get some sleep soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

And as I thought my asthma is kicking up a riot. Docs visit yesterday morning coz when it acts up I can end up off work for 2-3 weeks which is obviously a problem.

Result?

Nothing to be done really except wait and hope it gets better. Limited codeine bottle and limited ventolin use. I have to wait until I get worse before they'll do steroids etc. I get that they worry about safety but it takes way more drugs/time to get under control once it goes properly out of control.

Been up half the night coughing, peak flow is down, BP is up and I'm stressed out over it. Grr

35+7 and while I am apprehensive about labour (a normal amount I think given its a big unknown) I am getting more and more ready not to be pregnant for much longer.
    Last week/ the last 10 days have been rough and thankfully I had a proper nights sleep on Saturday and Sunday night (as in only had to get it x3 each night to pee) and was off yesterday too. That allowed me to have a lovely lie on yesterday morning which was lovely.
    Off to the Coombe with me then for an ante natal check up and the baby has turned in the right direction and while not fully engaged yet is certainly getting into the right position and all is well.
    Great.
    Then I stupidly did loads when I got home because I was feeling well. Made dinner for last night and tonight (have to work late tonight and tomorrow night) and a spare curry for the freezer. Did two loads of washing and a lot of ironing too. Then when my husband came home we went to the supermarket to stock up on stuff to allow me make more dinners for the freezer for post pregnancy time.
    Still felt ok so watched Women on the Inside and off to bed at 11pm.
    Up so many times to pee, super sore pubic bone again that kept waking me up and now this morning my back and pelvic area are in bits before I even start the day.
    It's really my own fault and I was silly yesterday but I am so ready for my pelvis and pubic bone not to feel like they've been put through a grinder!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭househunter

Am sick of being pregnant.
    Was 35 weeks on Sat - i don't work Mondays at the moment but to be honest I'm more wrecked being at home by myself with my 18 month old then if I was at work. Went swimming with him yesterday but its the getting to and from the pool and car when he refuses to hold my hand and I have to carry him. Tired from picking him up and carrying him around and then chasing him when i put him down and trying to stop him from heading in the opposite direction to where I'm trying to go. And dealing with the meltdowns. Half of me wants the new baby to be here now and the other half goes agghhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Asthma flare up so admitted to the coombe last night because of tachycardia suspected cause the steroids which unfortunately I need to for the asthma. Stuck here til tomorrow anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

37 + 4 now and fed up! Just want to have this baby now and am crossing everything that I do not go overdue! Please God, no!

Advertisement