Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Hi all,

I'm 38 +4 just wondering if many people are offered a sweep before due date to get things moving, my sis had one at 38 weeks but I've heard it depends on consultant. Really really ready, aches and pains everywhere! In the Coombe tomorrow and I'm praying they offer me one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I'm not sure pastry, it really does seem to be down to the individual doctor. I am scanned every week because my baby is small. I was told all along that I would probably be brought in for induction around 37 weeks. I just had my 37 weeks appointment and was told that there will be no induction at all. They said I should be left alone to labour naturally, so I presume this means no sweep either.
    Baby was 5lbs 2 oz at last scan so am interested to see how the growth is next week. Just weird that the way hospitals manage these things vary so much!

I'd love a sweep to be honest, although I have heard they are not always effective, especially on first timers so maybe I'd be wasting my time!

Isolt wrote: »
    I'm not sure pastry, it really does seem to be down to the individual doctor. I am scanned every week because my baby is small. I was told all along that I would probably be brought in for induction around 37 weeks. I just had my 37 weeks appointment and was told that there will be no induction at all. They said I should be left alone to labour naturally, so I presume this means no sweep either.
    Baby was 5lbs 2 oz at last scan so am interested to see how the growth is next week. Just weird that the way hospitals manage these things vary so much!

I'd love a sweep to be honest, although I have heard they are not always effective, especially on first timers so maybe I'd be wasting my time!

Awh well you got to go with what they recommend I guess....another dilemma...I've tickets for Ant & Dec matinee show on Saturday, OH doesn't want us to go as I'm having all the aches and pains etc but if I'm not offered a sweep I'd love too...the loo trips every 20 minutes might be a bit much though!

Hmmm what to do?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Definitely go! I went to see Alan Carr not long before I was due and it was cathartic although I did think I was going to break my waters from laughing so much! :)

Re the sweep, it all depends how favourable you are on the Bishop Score. If your cervix is not ready then it's not good clinical practice to give one so it all depends how it looks. My obstetrician had mentioned that she might do one for me but my cervix was having a strop and there really was no point!

Best of luck with everything!

Just back from Coombe,successful sweep done, about an hour after I started to get mild to and few quite strong contractions every 25 minutes going home, I'm lying in bed timing them and it definitely seems they are quite frequent. I'll guess I'll know in a little while if I have to head back into the Coombe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Exciting pastry!

I feel like sh!t today :( It really feels like the worst hangover. Dodgy tummy, exhausted, banging headache, flushed face, weak, can bring myself to eat very little...work is tough going. I'm dreading the next few days, I'm working straight through until Monday and I'm wrecked, drained, this is so tough :( Week 7 is really knocking me for six, I really hope it doesn't last too long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

pastry2010 wrote: »
    Just back from Coombe,successful sweep done, about an hour after I started to get mild to and few quite strong contractions every 25 minutes going home, I'm lying in bed timing them and it definitely seems they are quite frequent. I'll guess I'll know in a little while if I have to head back into the Coombe.

Yikes! Very exciting.

How was the sweep?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

38 weeks now and baby is still breech. So disheartened as trying everything I can to move it but no joy :-(

Exciting pastry!

I feel like sh!t today :( It really feels like the worst hangover. Dodgy tummy, exhausted, banging headache, flushed face, weak, can bring myself to eat very little...work is tough going. I'm dreading the next few days, I'm working straight through until Monday and I'm wrecked, drained, this is so tough :( Week 7 is really knocking me for six, I really hope it doesn't last too long :(

Its funny (and not in a ha ha way) how hard the early weeks are. Thinking back (and it seems so long ago now) I was destroyed with tiredness and back pain. The pain in my back then was so bad, it was actually worse than it is now at 37 weeks. Apparently this was where the placenta was embedding itself and the 35 week scan confirmed that it is there on the back wall of my uterus.
    I used to lock my office door at lunch time and nap at my desk. It was quite honestly the only way I could get through the day. Could you manage that? Alternatively nip out to your car for a little while for a nap?

The early weeks are very hard and its just when you're keeping it quiet that you need some understanding. I think its only people who've been there will understand that though. Prior to getting pregnant myself I naively thought the only hard part of pregnancy came at the end.

On a good note though, the very first day of week 14 was like the dawning of a new era for me. I had a massive strop at my husband the night before over something silly (I think he recommended I eat nuts and I just went nuts instead:o) and went to bed in a huff and totally wiped out.
    Woke up the next day and felt .........well like my old self again. It was the strangest thing. I was almost convinced that I'd imagined even being pregnant.
    When that time of feeling great kicks in enjoy it all- I went on holidays, had lots of dinners out with friends, did the big item baby shopping during the second trimester- just generally enjoyed myself and life.
    I was flying along until the last few weeks really and it was from week 32/33 that I started to get tired and uncomfortable again but then I knew I was on the home stretch so it was ok.

Thanks Penny Dreadful, it's "funny", I read so many other newly pregnant people worrying about and dreading labour, the later stages of pregnancy, etc, I am not bothered about that at all. As my husband says I'm great with pain, awful with illness. I can keep working with a searing pain from an injury or something, but if I'm nauseous for half an hour I want to cry and go home, I can't deal with "internal" kind of sicknesses like that. Weird, often useful, but not useful right now!

I am lucky that I can actually nip home for a nap during my lunchbreak as I live really nearby, the naps are a nice break but the rest of the day I'm just a mess.

In the past I've been very understanding of pregnant women having complaints at any stage, I knew about the exhaustion and morning sickness and other things of the first trimester, but I didn't realise you can just feel...not right, and that is exhausting in itself.

• Advertisement

Thanks Penny Dreadful, it's "funny", I read so many other newly pregnant people worrying about and dreading labour, the later stages of pregnancy, etc, I am not bothered about that at all. As my husband says I'm great with pain, awful with illness. I can keep working with a searing pain from an injury or something, but if I'm nauseous for half an hour I want to cry and go home, I can't deal with "internal" kind of sicknesses like that. Weird, often useful, but not useful right now!

I am lucky that I can actually nip home for a nap during my lunchbreak as I live really nearby, the naps are a nice break but the rest of the day I'm just a mess.

In the past I've been very understanding of pregnant women having complaints at any stage, I knew about the exhaustion and morning sickness and other things of the first trimester, but I didn't realise you can just feel...not right, and that is exhausting in itself.

:) Now that I am 37 weeks and labour and delivery is something I can't deny any longer I will admit to being apprehensive about it but thats partly because its the great unknown for me, it being my first time and all that.
    However, I am so exicted to meet the little baby that I've been carrying around for all this time and had silly chats with in the morning on the way to work while being kicked and tickled from the inside out.
    Also I am ready to not be pregnant any more or for much longer at least. I really want to see the end of my SPD and be able to turn over in bed without it hurting my pubic bone and to be able to lie whatever damn way I want.
    I will also be happy to be able to put on my socks with ease once again.
    Its the little things eh?;):)

I have a high pain threshold, tried and tested - what I am apprehensive about is the duration of labour but it is pain with a purpose, will have a begining, middle and wonderful end with my little baby and if I need help along the way then I know it will be there.

The early part of your pregnancy is hard as you have outlined - even if you're not dreadfully sick as in throwing up repeatedly every day you just feel somewhat odd and not quite yourself. Your body is doing so much work at this early stage too, more than later I think, as your placenta is being formed now too along with the baby and so your body is doing the work of the placenta. Once it is fully formed (and it is a whole new organ your body is growing in addition to growing a tiny human!) then it takes over some of the work and so your energy levels return to more normal levels.
    Add to the fact that, especially if it is your first, the whole experience is so very very new and it takes up so much of your thought process that it adds to the exhaustion too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

my moan today is men,my oh is driving me up the bloody walls and he'll be doin well to make it to January with all his faculties In tact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Mine too today. Out of hospital last night, there wasn't a bite of food in the house this morning. I ended up flattening myself shopping and cooking dinner. He said he'd wash up but he didn't, grrr. I know he's wrecked too from visiting and work etc but still!

I'm the same,in from standing all day at work,made dinner walked the dogs,hung out laundry .I have flipping cankles as that's my second 9 hour day in a row standing all day . he's in from work sits down and stays sitting . grrrrr sorry for ranting,it's either here or he's getting his head handed to him on a plate which I'd probably end up washin!!

So I reckon this wasn't pregnancy related sickness, I think I had a bug, a virus, or something. Feeling better today, not completely, but a bit.

Ah here! Two shockingly bad nights sleep in a row. I am very unimpressed with this carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'm exhausted! All the time!

Not a moan today, a celebration, IT WAS A VIRUS! I have never been so happy to have had a virus! Now I'm back to just having a parasite :D I'm no longer nauseous, no more dodgy tummy, no headaches, eating normally again. Being pregnant masked the fact that I was actually suffering from "Winter" Vomiting Bug, had it a few years ago and it took me ages to cop it because I thought I just had been hit with the most hideous symptoms this week, it was shivering with a fever that made me realise that maybe I was actually ill. Apparently quite a few people have it at the moment. I am back to my normal self this morning, so happy :) Did my last strip test this morning then just "to be sure", because what I clearly thought were symptoms for the last week was actually illness. The test line was "practically maroon" as my hubby said, so it's still there anyway :) Have been having lots of stretching pains, which now seem to be my only symptom so far.

You have no idea how relieved I am that it wasn't morning sickness kicking in, there is no way I could've gotten through the next few weeks of work and the first trimester if I was that ill, I have a lot of deadlines and stuff coming up and I can't be sick for it. I am so relieved, in case you hadn't guessed :)

Early scan at 8 weeks on Tuesday, dearly hoping there is a lovely little heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I have a sinus infection and feel like poop :-( paracetamol just isn't cutting it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Girls I posted this on the general pregnancy thread but just in case you miss it, Aldi have a great baby event coming up next Thurs 18th!

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-18-september/

We got loads from the last baby event before the little man arrived and there's definitely stuff worth stocking up on here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Just broke down, started filling out baby book as I'm being induced tomorrow. I got to the section 'my pets', and it hit me that my little man will never know our son cat who ran away 2 months ago. Hubby calmed me down, and we decided to include a note about him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Harder and harder to sit in one spot for any length of time. OMG. I have to get up from sitting sooooo slowly or ow! :eek:

38 wks plus 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aoifemckay2013

My moan today is back pain :(!! Im 26 weeks pregnant and I am in bits with my back its literally unbearable , I cant even wear a bra at times cause its that sore :( anyone any helpful tips or solutions please :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Oh I was just coming on to complain about the same thing, I'm 25 weeks pregnant and my back is in bits, when I'm at home I'm braless but I am not getting any relief. When I sit,stand,lie down, it's all the same pain :(

My moan today is back pain :(!! Im 26 weeks pregnant and I am in bits with my back its literally unbearable , I cant even wear a bra at times cause its that sore :( anyone any helpful tips or solutions please :(

Have you tried kinesiology tape on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aoifemckay2013

Have you tried kinesiology tape on it?

No is it any good and were can I get some :-/?

No is it any good and were can I get some :-/?

Myself and my husband find it great for injuries or back pain, you can get it online, or in sports stores like Lifestyle Sports, it can be difficult to find in "real" stores so online might be your best bet.

today's moan ,breast feeding!why do people who never had children find it so hard to get their head round breast feeding?I told a friend of mine today I'd be giving it a go to see how I got on and her reaction was to tell me I'm cracked?!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

bobskii wrote: »
    today's moan ,breast feeding!why do people who never had children find it so hard to get their head round breast feeding?I told a friend of mine today I'd be giving it a go to see how I got on and her reaction was to tell me I'm cracked?!

I was told I was selfish for wanting to BF, as poor hubby apparently won't bond with the baby. And what about everyone else who wants to feed the baby? I've never understood this obsession of wanting to feed other peoples children?

And on top of all that, I'm too hot, my feet are swollen, I have candles, and my boobs are leaking! 3 weeks to go and counting!!

• Advertisement

lol!So your happy out! I'm very uncomfortable today and I'm only 25 weeks,at least you have a valid excuse!
    I bought bottles yesterday incase bf doesn't work put I told my husband they were for him to do night feeds when I express :D

Advertisement