Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I had a friend call yesterday (I use the term loosely) when I stood up to see her out she pulled in my top at the front to see my bump then pulled in my bottoms and said oh your arse is getting big definitely a girl!lucky for her I was too tired to give her the atein she normally would have got for such stupidity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

bobskii wrote: »
    I had a friend call yesterday (I use the term loosely) when I stood up to see her out she pulled in my top at the front to see my bump then pulled in my bottoms and said oh your arse is getting big definitely a girl!lucky for her I was too tired to give her the atein she normally would have got for such stupidity!

It doesn't stop when you have the baby either.

So many random strangers have pawed at my baby - of course I'd ask them not to, if I had warning, but they're doing it before I've a chance to say anything.

A young lad, maybe in his early twenties, possibly hungover, did it on the train just last weekend - in fairness, it's usually little old ladies, having a young fella do it was a first. I don't care who it is, though - if you don't know me, and if you don't have my express permission, don't touch my baby! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I dunno what is wrong with people!I wouldn't touch another person like that ever,or a new born unless I was friends with the mum and had asked was it okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

bobskii wrote: »
    I dunno what is wrong with people!I wouldn't touch another person like that ever,or a new born unless I was friends with the mum and had asked was it okay!

My 6 month old niece was asleep in her buggy while my sis and I were sitting outside a cafe, and this complete stranger of an old man came over and said 'his blanket's over his face!' and then pulled down the blanket, waking the baby from her nap in the process..!!

I am bracing myself for this kind of thing in 3ish weeks time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Nausea nausea go away and let me work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Nausea nausea go away and let me work.

I hear you. 15 weeks today and still vomiting once/twice a day and permanently nauseous. I'm so over it, it's really getting me down :(

still on the 'people are annoying' line - I was at my book club last night and one of the girls had a wonderful monologue at me: you look full term, no really, you do, you look full term etc etc. Thanks. I'm 34 weeks. I've at least 6 fecking weeks to go, what'll I look like then?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

My bloody pelvis!
    Wasn't doing too badly over the last few days, a bit achy but as I'm 32 weeks I was accepting enough of that. Was a good girl yesterday and went to my ante natal yoga despite being wrecked and dying to just sleep.
    Came home and the baby was being very uncooperative- kicking hard and moving about rather roughly. Eventually seemed to calm down and I went to sleep.
    Woke up at 2am with shooting pains in my pubic bone- it was actually a little scary and I was tempted to wake my husband up just to get someone to reassure me.
    Thankfully reason won out and I didn't wake him- I don't think he'd have been reasonable - more like he'd have thought the baby was coming! :-)
    Thankfully the pain abated somewhat over the following 30 minutes and I got up to get some ice (lovely on your vajayjay at 3am) and some paracetamol and got back to sleep eventually.
    My pelvic area is still very sensitive this morning and I'm wrecked. Would love not to have to go to work today but I really should. If I put in a good day today I might take tomorrow off.
    Also feeling like I have SO MUCH TO DO! Mad really cause there is still time but I'm getting a bit nesty these last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Itchy.as.hell.

My legs were mad itchy last night, it's stopped today though thank god. Had a hormonal meltdown after throwing up my dinner again though. I'm so tired of vomiting and nausea and lack of appetite except for carbs and sugar for Petes sake. 16 week appointment next wed, hoping they might be able to do something about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I could eat nothing but donuts for the first few weeks. I found the special K granola a godsend, just to get something else in. It has eased a lot and since about 20 weeks I'm getting my appetite back, so hopefully you will be feeling better soon. :)

15+3 though and no sign of let up except for my one day without throwing up last weekend. I think its why I'm stressing about everything else (breast feeding, house, baby stuff), I'm worn pretty thin. I'm dying to go back to school so that even if I am still running to the toilet I'll be too busy to notice the nausea (i hope....)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

My bloody pelvis!
    Wasn't doing too badly over the last few days, a bit achy but as I'm 32 weeks I was accepting enough of that. Was a good girl yesterday and went to my ante natal yoga despite being wrecked and dying to just sleep.
    Came home and the baby was being very uncooperative- kicking hard and moving about rather roughly. Eventually seemed to calm down and I went to sleep.
    Woke up at 2am with shooting pains in my pubic bone- it was actually a little scary and I was tempted to wake my husband up just to get someone to reassure me.
    Thankfully reason won out and I didn't wake him- I don't think he'd have been reasonable - more like he'd have thought the baby was coming! :-)
    Thankfully the pain abated somewhat over the following 30 minutes and I got up to get some ice (lovely on your vajayjay at 3am) and some paracetamol and got back to sleep eventually.
    My pelvic area is still very sensitive this morning and I'm wrecked. Would love not to have to go to work today but I really should. If I put in a good day today I might take tomorrow off.
    Also feeling like I have SO MUCH TO DO! Mad really cause there is still time but I'm getting a bit nesty these last few days.

I have been getting an odd darting like jab in my pelvic area. Doesn't last but ouch, uncomfortable at the time. Also, it can get sensitive when walking. All new. And normal hopefully....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Mirrorwall I was sick up until mid way through the 16th week..

As for that pain in pelvis its most likely lightning crotch.. I used to say the baby was headbangin...

Mirrorwall I was sick up until mid way through the 16th week..

As for that pain in pelvis its most likely lightning crotch.. I used to say the baby was headbangin...

As early as 33 weeks? Is bubs head likely to be that far down already? I have a scan next week so dying to know how bub;s position is looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yea both mine from 29 or 30 weeks it feels as if there head is low but its not...
    Both mine were head down from 28 weeks and never switched except for legs in right ribs then the left (ouch)

Yea both mine from 29 or 30 weeks it feels as if there head is low but its not...
    Both mine were head down from 28 weeks and never switched except for legs in right ribs then the left (ouch)

My l'ttle one is giving it loads under my right ribs in particular and right over at my right side. Very busy these days! Cool....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Has anyone ever had to take flagyl during pregnancy? I have started it yesterday for a bv and my doctor assured it was safe to take but after googling it, it seems there has been no studies done on pregnant women that Has taken it, only rats which lead to birth defects on their young!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had to take flagyl during pregnancy? I have started it yesterday for a bv and my doctor assured it was safe to take but after googling it, it seems there has been no studies done on pregnant women that Has taken it, only rats which lead to birth defects on their young!

Rather than Google it I'd suggest you go and talk to the pharmacist that dispensed the script for you.
    Flagyl is a heavy duty antibiotic but if the pharmacist knew it was for you and that you're pregnant they would have discussed taking it with you and if concerned called the doctor I'd imagine?
    I wanted to buy an OTC anti sea sickness tablet in May when I was 23/24 weeks pregnant and the pharmacist discussed it with me, checked the safety of it for pregnant women and when reading up on it saw that it hadn't been tested in humans but lab rats testing showed that it wasn't safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Lashes28 wrote: »

There are never any drug safety tests done on pregnant women, it would be highly unethical to have pregnant women in standard drug trials. If you are concerned about any medication, your doctor and pharmacist are the people to talk to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Yeah I have had a chat with my doctor, the benefits of taking it to clear up the infection outweigh the potiental effects, but was just wondering if anyone on here has had experience of them

Rather than Google it I'd suggest you go and talk to the pharmacist that dispensed the script for you.
    Flagyl is a heavy duty antibiotic but if the pharmacist knew it was for you and that you're pregnant they would have discussed taking it with you and if concerned called the doctor I'd imagine?
    I wanted to buy an OTC anti sea sickness tablet in May when I was 23/24 weeks pregnant and the pharmacist discussed it with me, checked the safety of it for pregnant women and when reading up on it saw that it hadn't been tested in humans but lab rats testing showed that it wasn't safe.

Also, I'd be careful about interpreting studies on animals. The dose of the drug means everything. It may have been a toxicity study or something looking for what dose gives defects.

A arrggghhh!
    I slept so badly last night AGAIN.
    Was wrecked when I were to bed so thought I'd sleep well although the baby was going through a rather active phase over the last 48 hours and seems to be growing as there is a lot of pressure on my stomach wall and ligaments and all that stuff. As a result getting a comfortable position to sleep in took some time.
    Pain in my back and my pelvis (SPD is back with a bang) woke me at 3am and it was 7am before I got any sleep.
    I am so sore and so tired today I feel like a cranky 3 year old about to have a massive tantrum.
    In addition to (or maybe it's part of it?) the SPD I've been having some significant discomfort/ pain in my left groin and today there is a sharp shooting pain in the left side of my pubic bone. It even hurts to touch it.
    This could well be the lightening pains I've heard other pregnant women talk about at this stage of their pregnancy (31+4)?
    I just want to be able to sleep :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

34 weeks today, up all last night tossing and turning but babies weight felt different, very very heavy and I am finding it so hard to turn. Woke up after 4 hours sleep and the pain down my back is so sore I can barely walk, I also don't know if this is a symptom of this week but my cervix feels like it's getting bigger, when I go to to sit up the sensation of pressure is there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Sorry to hear you're in pain pastry. I get the odd twinges down there now and again, it feels very awkward, I think it's the baby pressing down? I know what you mean about turning, especially since my bump dropped.

I also had no stretch marks from pregnancy up till then, I thought I was doing great as I started with the creams from 12w in, but ever since it's fallen it is covered :(

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Ah Im the same comongethappy, no stretch marks til 37weeks & now my lower tummy is covered too. So annoying after months applying cream & oil:( hopefully they don't appear any higher, only a week or two to go, there couldn't be too much growing left to be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Ah Im the same comongethappy, no stretch marks til 37weeks & now my lower tummy is covered too. So annoying after months applying cream & oil:( hopefully they don't appear any higher, only a week or two to go, there couldn't be too much growing left to be done!

I'll be 37 w tomorrow, I'm hoping the same as you that I can't get too much bigger! A lot of the maternity tops are getting on the short side of covering my bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Nausea, exhausted & emotional...6 week mark has hit me like a freight train:(

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Girls hope all the applying of lotions and potions works. I did likewise and had stretch marks on my lower tummy too that were reddish.

Delivered twins 11 days ago 3 & a half wks early but I was seriously massive....had nearly 11lb of baby in there.

Now obviously my tummy is still in a right old state but the stretch marks are now white and I think that as things go bk to normal they will be very light, here's wishing anyway. So hope yee are lucky!!!!

• Advertisement

hear you Pastry . this last few nights i have found bump v heavy and turning in bed increasingly difficult . am 33+4 today . had growth scan today and no wonder ! bubs measuring a mere 5lb 8oz already !! looks like i.may not get to 40wks but consultant appt on Thursday so hope to know more. suddenly i think i could go couple weeks early and starting to panic ! due Sept 25th but that may well change .

any one having a preschooler like me?!

Advertisement