Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had to take flagyl during pregnancy? I have started it yesterday for a bv and my doctor assured it was safe to take but after googling it, it seems there has been no studies done on pregnant women that Has taken it, only rats which lead to birth defects on their young!

Hi lashes, I was on flagyl at 32 weeks November last year) I had no side affects and my son was born 8lbs 8ozs and there wasn't a bother on him. Make sure you eat a few natural yogurts whilst on it as it is quite a strong antibiotic and can cause thrush

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

I have actually just had enough of this now. Two weeks to go and I can't stand it any more.
    Thank God I'm having a section because if I went overdue I'd be like a mad woman.
    Pain in my hips and back when I wake from the weight of the baby is getting me down.
    I keep getting paranoid as babys movements get lesser as she gets bigger and frightening myself there is something wrong.
    I feel Nauseous most of the time , My drink went down the wrong way the other night and when I coughed I vomited up my dinner onto living room floor...lovely.
    Third baby so I'm convinced I might go early and every little niggle and twinge I'm convinced I'm in labour but no of course I am not. Just so so so bored!!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Come on brain ..,, go to sleep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Every night I'm in a lovely sleep my son comes in from wherever he's been and wakes me :(
    Then it takes me ages to get back asleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Veins, veins, veins! Since pregnant I got this lovely big spider vein right on my nose - looks like a permanent spot - bit annoying. In last month/2 approx, I have got major varicose veins in my legs, mainly in my calves. They are quite prominent and yuck. My legs look black and blue! I was hoping they would go away post pregnancy but was informed by a reliable source yest that...nope...most likely here to stay! (Her experience) :eek:

Has anyone had similar experiences and did they go away??? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

73trix wrote: »
    Veins, veins, veins! Since pregnant I got this lovely big spider vein right on my nose - looks like a permanent spot - bit annoying. In last month/2 approx, I have got major varicose veins in my legs, mainly in my calves. They are quite prominent and yuck. My legs look black and blue! I was hoping they would go away post pregnancy but was informed by a reliable source yest that...nope...most likely here to stay! (Her experience) :eek:

Has anyone had similar experiences and did they go away??? :(

I'm sorry to say that once you get varicose veins they stay put until you have them removed.
    It is one of the reasons that vascular surgeons tell women to put off having their veins sorted until they are finished having babies.
    Wearing support stockings does help to minimise the amount and severity of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Try not to panic penny about the veins. I had a thread vein on my right shin. During pregnancy it got alot worse and got new ones on other parts if my legs and under my left eye.

2 weeks now since I gave birth and all pregnancy ones have disappeared and my original one is back to what it was.

Get yourself the support socks. I wore mine alot apartbfrom the really hot days and none of mine bulged out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

llambert wrote: »
    Try not to panic penny about the veins. I had a thread vein on my right shin. During pregnancy it got alot worse and got new ones on other parts if my legs and under my left eye.

2 weeks now since I gave birth and all pregnancy ones have disappeared and my original one is back to what it was.

Get yourself the support socks. I wore mine alot apartbfrom the really hot days and none of mine bulged out.

I know they are meant to be good but it's summer! I can't contemplate wearing anything on my feet. Maybe next month when temps drop....
    HOpe to be one of those for who they go away again... look v ugly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Everything hurts, I've never felt as many aches and pains in my life. I'm only 33+6 and thought I'd get another few weeks before the discomforts turned up a notch. My hips hurt, my back hurts, it feels like I've been kicked between the legs - my whole pelvis hurts, if I exert myself at all (and I mean even by walking to the shop) my fingers and feet swell up. I can't turn in bed or my whole bump hurts. When I wake up in the morning my fingers and toes are so stiff and sore and puffy.

Honestly, how will I do this for another 6 weeks? :(

Isolt wrote: »
    Everything hurts, I've never felt as many aches and pains in my life. I'm only 33+6 and thought I'd get another few weeks before the discomforts turned up a notch. My hips hurt, my back hurts, it feels like I've been kicked between the legs - my whole pelvis hurts, if I exert myself at all (and I mean even by walking to the shop) my fingers and feet swell up. I can't turn in bed or my whole bump hurts. When I wake up in the morning my fingers and toes are so stiff and sore and puffy.

I felt like that last Friday/Saturday. Had a seriously bad nights sleep, lots of pelvic discomfort, etc etc. All of the stuff you're describing (except for the fingers and toes being puffy).
    I actually sat down and had a little cry about it.
    Ran a lovely bath then and it helped me to relax and did ease the pain too.

Woke this morning to a sore back, unable to turn without my pubic bone screaming back at me and all that stuff. Am 32+3 so a bit to go yet.

I think having baths, hot water bottles and back massages helps.
    Its the only thing really.
    Sucks though.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Isolt, its very likely nothing more than the usual 3rd trimester aches and pains, but do check with your GP/ midwife for the swelling as soon as you can. In rare cases it can indicate issues that need to be monitored closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Neyite wrote: »
    Isolt, its very likely nothing more than the usual 3rd trimester aches and pains, but do check with your GP/ midwife for the swelling as soon as you can. In rare cases it can indicate issues that need to be monitored closely.

Absolutely right. I developed swelling and it turned out to be preeclampsia so do please get your BP checked and have your urine tested for any sign of protein Isolt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I went from a 36-38 C to a 40C to now a 42C at nearly 38 w. I haven't gone up in cup size at all! My chest has just become even larger! Wasn't the one benefits of pregnancy meant to be bigger boobs!?! I thought it was the trade off for all the swelling, stretch marks, and discomfort :(

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Oh the swollen feet and hands! I can only fit into 2 pairs of pumps now, barely. everything else I can't get my feet into. Took off my rings a couple of days ago, just about got them off. I miss my rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Can I go to sleep & wake up at 16 weeks, I'm miserable atm, feeling so sick. Begining to think I got of pretty easily on my last pregnancy:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Oh the swollen feet and hands! I can only fit into 2 pairs of pumps now, barely. everything else I can't get my feet into. Took off my rings a couple of days ago, just about got them off. I miss my rings.

Girls Im 7 weeks after labour and my feet are still swollen!:-( Always good to get it checked during pregnancy but I was swollen for the last 5 months on and off so it does happen! Drink loads of water and elevate your feet above your hips!

Very excited for you all:-)

Nausea still here. It was a rough weekend with it, didn't really settle at all. Very uncomfortable. Hope the week is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Nausea still here. It was a rough weekend with it, didn't really settle at all. Very uncomfortable. Hope the week is better.

Nausea is back with a vengeance!! And I am due this coming weekend! :rolleyes:

I am sure 2 huge bowls of cinnamon squares at 6am after a night of no sleep at all is not a contributing factor.

Cameoette wrote: »
    Nausea is back with a vengeance!! And I am due this coming weekend! :rolleyes:

I am sure 2 huge bowls of cinnamon squares at 6am after a night of no sleep at all is not a contributing factor.

Lol. Cereal helps me too at the time but I always feel worse after I eat. I'm 36 weeks now, only 4-6 weeks of it left. Best of luck for the weekend Cameoette!

Just had a weird feeling - didn't know if I was going to sneeze or throw up. Neither happened. Back to nausea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I've been ravenous all day no matter what I've eaten. The baby must have chewed a hole through my stomach :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Anyone recommend somewhere to get a decent maternity swimsuit? Wore my regulate one and the design was marked into my tummy,time for something larger!

Lashes dunnes in the old shopping centre had them on sale last Sunday . dunno if they'd be of any good to you but worth a look.

Which old shopping centre bobskii??

The one in drogheda (presuming your near there if your having babs there?)town hall I think it's called.

Yep in Drogheda,will check in my way in to work,thanks so much Bobskii :)

Your welcome:)

So Monday night had a great nights sleep - first good one in ages. Got up yesterday feeling great, had breakfast and threw it up almost immediately after finishing it. Weird.
    Baby kicking lots all day but was ok with that. Then last night OMG the baby bump was rock hard and I couldn't get comfortable no matter what way I tried to lie down, lie on my side, either side, pillows propping me up, no pillows, etc, etc.
    Then as soon as I'd get any way comfortable and start to drift off back came the need to pee again!
    Grrrrr. 34 weeks today so no matter what there isn't too much longer for this to be dealt with.
    Cannot wait to be finished work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

So Monday night had a great nights sleep - first good one in ages. Got up yesterday feeling great, had breakfast and threw it up almost immediately after finishing it. Weird.
    Baby kicking lots all day but was ok with that. Then last night OMG the baby bump was rock hard and I couldn't get comfortable no matter what way I tried to lie down, lie on my side, either side, pillows propping me up, no pillows, etc, etc.
    Then as soon as I'd get any way comfortable and start to drift off back came the need to pee again!
    Grrrrr. 34 weeks today so no matter what there isn't too much longer for this to be dealt with.
    Cannot wait to be finished work!!!

I had that rock hard bump and not being able to get comfortable on sunday night - I started looking through What to expect and I think it may have been Braxton hicks - but sure I haven't a clue really :) I didn't get it on my last pregnancy (not that I remember). 35+3 now and yeah it really can't come fast enough at this stage!

• Advertisement

Karmella wrote: »
    I had that rock hard bump and not being able to get comfortable on sunday night - I started looking through What to expect and I think it may have been Braxton hicks - but sure I haven't a clue really :) I didn't get it on my last pregnancy (not that I remember). 35+3 now and yeah it really can't come fast enough at this stage!

I think the sensation is Braxton hicks. I've had it off and on for a good few weeks now. Last nights was the strongest and longest lasting though. It took a good while this morning for the hardness to soften out at all. Its very uncomfortable.
    Also a night like that means that the baby is very quiet for a good while in the morning and I don't like that. The baby has a routine of movement that I know quite well at this stage and when I don't feel it move at the usual times it can get a little worrying.
    Thankfully the little one did have a spate of movement, that while quieter than usual, was enough to reassure me for now.
    While I've enjoyed my pregnancy overall I am certainly getting to the point now where I am looking forward to having the baby in real life and not being pregnant any more. I think when I'm finished with work I'll feel less pressure.

Advertisement