Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Congratulations SmokeyEyes. Such lovely news x

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Congrats smokeyeyes, I'm sure the wait was worth it:)

My moan is my massive thighs, at the rubbing together stage, it's awful!! Went to buy jeans yesterday in h&m & ended up having to get size 14maternity jeans, hoping its cos they were skinny ones, but I use to be 8/10, doing an hours exercise everyday, mainly walking, yoga once a week but it's not helping:( I know I shouldn't moan, 33 weeks tomorrow & pregnancy has been pretty easy for me... Just can't wait to start back running to get rid of this leg fat never mind the tummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Congrats smokeyeyes, I'm sure the wait was worth it:)

My moan is my massive thighs, at the rubbing together stage, it's awful!! Went to buy jeans yesterday in h&m & ended up having to get size 14maternity jeans, hoping its cos they were skinny ones, but I use to be 8/10, doing an hours exercise everyday, mainly walking, yoga once a week but it's not helping:( I know I shouldn't moan, 33 weeks tomorrow & pregnancy has been pretty easy for me... Just can't wait to start back running to get rid of this leg fat never mind the tummy!

H&M maternity jeans are tiny in my experience. My size 16s are way smaller than my size 12 red herring jeans from Debenham!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    H&M maternity jeans are tiny in my experience. My size 16s are way smaller than my size 12 red herring jeans from Debenham!

They are incredibly small fitting. I've found Asos to be a much more true size even in maternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi, anon here because it's too early on in my pregnancy to tell folk about it and goodness forbid anyone might recognise me having a big moany pity party :) Just want to have a good old whinge because I feel like a big sick sack of crap. I'm 8 weeks along and seriously doubting my ability to cope with "morning" (ha) sickness. It starts when I get out of bed and doesn't let up again until bedtime. I can't brush my teeth properly without heaving into the sink and have been living on ice pops crackers and mouthfuls of soup so I'm hoping the prenatal vitamin will be enough to sustain the poor kid. This pregnancy was a happy surprise and I really want to enjoy it and I'm delighted about it but I feel so miserable physically, and then I feel guilty for not feeling happy all the time! Like I'm sending bad vibes to the tot :( Work is such an ordeal with the nausea and puking that I feel like I'm starting to slack off because I can't engage my brain properly in what's going on. I really can't look at another ginger ale or sha**ing cream cracker so if anyone has any miracle strategy for this id be so grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Trying to get out today the ward has been the killer...i feel weak today from lack of sleep...its all go all night and if i was at home in a quiet house with my fiance id be like a different woman.

Some issues with rotunda too!

Most importantly though baby and mammy are doing well...feeling so bad is purely down to lack of sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Jerrica wrote: »
    They are incredibly small fitting. I've found Asos to be a much more true size even in maternity.
    Ocean Blue wrote: »

Thats great to hear!! Started to panic that I must have gotten absolutely huge - been living in leggings and dresses so wouldnt have noticed it as easily;) They are nice light jeans though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Awwww don't worry Smokey, you'll be right as rain when you're home in your own bed with your little one beside you. It's nice to have all your own things around you as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Seriously blocked nose. I've had this almost the entire time since getting pregnant but in the last week or so it's gotten particularly bad especially at night. Last night just killed me.
    I was already exhausted going to bed, my back was in bits for some reason and I really needed a great nights sleep. Instead I slept shockingly badly and my back is still in ribbons but my bloody nose is driving me demented.
    I don't have a cold, never have problems with hay fever or the like so this is all down to the pregnancy. I wake up during the night with my mouth like the Gobi desert because I've been breathing through it because my nose is blocked and it feels horrible. When I blow my nose there is often such pressure on it my that time that I have a little nose bleed which I have to get up to attend to.
    Has this been an issue for any of you other ladies and if so did you just put up with it or what steps did you take to alleviate the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Seriously blocked nose. I've had this almost the entire time since getting pregnant but in the last week or so it's gotten particularly bad especially at night. Last night just killed me.
    I was already exhausted going to bed, my back was in bits for some reason and I really needed a great nights sleep. Instead I slept shockingly badly and my back is still in ribbons but my bloody nose is driving me demented.
    I don't have a cold, never have problems with hay fever or the like so this is all down to the pregnancy. I wake up during the night with my mouth like the Gobi desert because I've been breathing through it because my nose is blocked and it feels horrible. When I blow my nose there is often such pressure on it my that time that I have a little nose bleed which I have to get up to attend to.
    Has this been an issue for any of you other ladies and if so did you just put up with it or what steps did you take to alleviate the problem?

I could have wrote this post this morning and most mornings!!! I had this problem in my ladt pregnancy but it's definitely worse this time. There's little you can do as decongestants are out. I just put up with it to be honest. Went to a salt spa twice which I think helped a little. It goes after the baby is born. The joys of pregnancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I have had the congested bloody nose throughout much of this pregnancy but if I use Calpol Saline Spray the symptoms are alleviated quickly. Perfectly safe to use (it's meant for babies and is only saline after all) but it works a treat and clears up the problem quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

I wake up during the night with my mouth like the Gobi desert because I've been breathing through it because my nose is blocked and it feels horrible. When I blow my nose there is often such pressure on it my that time that I have a little nose bleed which I have to get up to attend to.

Oh totally! This started in the first trimester and lots of the ladies due the same month as me had the same issue. Strangely it doesn't bother me anymore, I think just coz I've learned to deal with it. Since 1st trim I've used the Vicks inhaler stick once in each nostril every night before I go to sleep. (The odd time as well I rub Vicks vapour rub on my chest). I have a full glass of water by the bed and I take a sip to wet my mouth just before sleep. When I wake up in the middle of the night with the dry mouth I take a drink of the water and I finish the glass off when I wake up in the morning. I also bought this thing in Boots another preg lady told me about online. It's called a vapouriser, you plug it in and it puts a vapour (similar to the type used in Vicks I'd say) in the room. Not sure if it does any good but I use it sometimes!

Apparently this affliction is called 'pregnancy congestion'

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I got really congested and sinusy when I had a mild cold during pregnancy and I used a sinus rinse - it's seriously gross (what comes out - it's grand to use) and takes a few days to work (my sinuses were very blocked) but I found it great and I used it anytime I felt myself getting congested again and it kept it at bay. You can buy the rinse bottle and the sachets in a set in the chemist for €11 I think. The brand is neilmed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Lucuma wrote: »
    Oh totally! This started in the first trimester and lots of the ladies due the same month as me had the same issue. Strangely it doesn't bother me anymore, I think just coz I've learned to deal with it. Since 1st trim I've used the Vicks inhaler stick once in each nostril every night before I go to sleep. (The odd time as well I rub Vicks vapour rub on my chest). I have a full glass of water by the bed and I take a sip to wet my mouth just before sleep. When I wake up in the middle of the night with the dry mouth I take a drink of the water and I finish the glass off when I wake up in the morning. I also bought this thing in Boots another preg lady told me about online. It's called a vapouriser, you plug it in and it puts a vapour (similar to the type used in Vicks I'd say) in the room. Not sure if it does any good but I use it sometimes!

Apparently this affliction is called 'pregnancy congestion'

Thank you! Will be visiting Boots ........after my nap! I've had it all along but it's particularly bad this week. Something must be done before I crack up!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

My moan for today is the heat! I went in to work this morning so was nicely cool in the air con there. But then this afternoon at home was dire. We haven't set up our air con unit yet (like an old telly that sits with its arse out the window and splutters) and just have a standing fan. The idea was not to put in the AC unit for a while so I get acclimatised to the heat, as it will just get hotter in July and August. A lie down on the couch was not a good idea, as it was away from the fan and I got quite hot and groggy. Thermometer in the apartment was readin 30 C so I decided that it HAD to be cooler outside and sat out on our tiny balcony in the shade. That was not cooler. It was also 30 C outside. The cure? simple! stand in shorts and bra in front of the fan with an icy drink! Must get the air con unit up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I'm gonna moan so much about hay fever , I've always Had it,but not being able to take anything to ease it is torture

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I'm gonna moan so much about hay fever , I've always Had it,but not being able to take anything to ease it is torture

Hi lashes, chat to your doctor, I was pregnant this time last year and suffer really bad with hayfever, and my doc assured me I could take zyrtec and piriton, I took piriton and everything was totally fine, I also think you can take a spray for your nose too and optrex eye drops are great too. Don't suffer if you don't have to, pregnancy is hard enough without having to deal with stupid hayfever too.

I had a chat with my nurse at my hospital app and she said all I could do was to put Vaseline around my nose to try to stop pollen, I will make an appointment tomorrow with my Doctor, I actually can't cope with it anymore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I had a chat with my nurse at my hospital app and she said all I could do was to put Vaseline around my nose to try to stop pollen, I will make an appointment tomorrow with my Doctor, I actually can't cope with it anymore!!

Ah god! Sure that doesn't work one bit, I bet she doesn't suffer herself. Do talk to your doc, and really stress the point of how miserable you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

I am getting eaten by mosquitos and my ob said I can take claritin for the massive itchy welts. perhaps you can take it too, ask your doc or pharmacist. Midwives are fountains of knowledge for lots of brilliant stuff but they dont have the same training in drugs so I go by my doc/pharm for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Screw you 5am. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

The medication prescribed for morning sickness also contains an anti histamine so I would definitely get a second opinion on what you can use. Even olobas oil on your pillow might help.

I'm booked with my Doctor at 4, thanks for all the tips, I'm only 14 weeks,morning sickness has eased and now this!! Will let Ye know how I get on.

Eye drop and nasal spray if it continues to be unbearable, just have to call him and he will have piriton prescribed for me,

On another note,back pain how will I cope when I actually have a bump to carry!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

Cankles!!! I HAVE CANKLES! Think I may have walked too much today in the heat.... Off to the bath I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Natty_asha that made me lol!Me and my best friend used to laugh about getting cankles when we got older . Neither of us are laughing now ,she's just had a baby and I no doubt am going to get cankles at some stage in the next 6 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

I wake up during the night with my mouth like the Gobi desert because I've been breathing through it because my nose is blocked and it feels horrible. When I blow my nose there is often such pressure on it my that time that I have a little nose bleed which I have to get up to attend to.

I can relate to some of this. In past couple weeks, have been getting a bit of a stuffy nose and had a couple of nosebleeds too ( never had in my life before) but read its normal preg stuff. Also had an annoying chesty cough ONLY first thing in the morning for about 2 wks. Rang GP but after answering negative to all questions e.g. any phlegm/ pain/temperature, i didnt worry about it and it stopped soon after. However, i too must sleep with mouth open as parched every morning. But i have had this strange thirst every a.m. since pregnant, just seems worse in past couple weeks. Also gums bleed like crazy when flossing for most of last trimester (again seems normal preg symptom). Been meaning to get dentist appt lately for a clean (shudder!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

73trix wrote: »
    I can relate to some of this. In past couple weeks, have been getting a bit of a stuffy nose and had a couple of nosebleeds too ( never had in my life before) but read its normal preg stuff. Also had an annoying chesty cough ONLY first thing in the morning for about 2 wks. Rang GP but after answering negative to all questions e.g. any phlegm/ pain/temperature, i didnt worry about it and it stopped soon after. However, i too must sleep with mouth open as parched every morning. But i have had this strange thirst every a.m. since pregnant, just seems worse in past couple weeks. Also gums bleed like crazy when flossing for most of last trimester (again seems normal preg symptom). Been meaning to get dentist appt lately for a clean (shudder!)

I had teeth cleaning on my to - do list now I'm finished work but I scrapped that idea today! It will just have to wait until after babies arrival. I don't mind dentists at all but the thought of them cleaning my teeth while I have acid reflux in my throat and a super sensitive gag reflex..........uggghhh, I just know it would be horrendous :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

I despise teeth cleaning. Was trying to be preventative as gums now bleed alot. Increased blood supply or s'thing?? Similar to nose bleed reasons?? No end to these pregnancy delights! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

I'm a dental nurse and I hate having my teeth cleaned :-(

Had to get it done about 2weeks ago though my gums were so sore :-( joys of pregnancy xx

Advertisement