Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

I felt really supported by my husband at the start of the pregnancy, now I'm feeling utterly ignored. I don't know if it's paranoia/hormones or if it's actually happening. :(:(:([/QUOTE]

I think we all feel like that but they are only human too, I was thinking to myself if roles were reversed I'd be a bit overwhelmed if I was my OH, I have this hormonal partner who could snap at any time and the daunting aspect of becoming a dad.....I think they are just as terrified as us they are just less likely to say it out loud as they are seen to be the 'strong' one.

I don't think your OH means it he probably doesn't realise he's acting any different, maybe organise a date night? Cinema or something to eat forget all about the other cr*p going on.

Don't lose sight of what's important x

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

I think another thing to realise is that our partners are really unable to 'get' what we are going through. They aren't growing a baby, and dealing with all the changes to their bodies, the rampant hormonal changes, sickness, tiredness, etc. etc. Through no fault of their own they just don't understand what it's like or what is expected of them. And unless we tell them when we need help or rest or whatever it is that is upsetting us, they aren't going to know. It really does have to be spelt out. And because when you're a first timer you don't even really know yourself, its hard to deal with having to explain it all to another newbie aswell!

Hormones & paranoia seem to go hand in hand alright though!! :) I think that issues which may have been stressful at the best of times (moving house, changing jobs etc), are also really amplified when we are pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Whispered wrote: »
    I felt really supported by my husband at the start of the pregnancy, now I'm feeling utterly ignored. I don't know if it's paranoia/hormones or if it's actually happening. :(:(:(

I can relate to this except I don't feel ignored, I feel 'tolerated'!
    And about the date night, I think the point is that he should be suggesting that not her right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Lucuma wrote: »
    I can relate to this except I don't feel ignored, I feel 'tolerated'!
    And about the date night, I think the point is that he should be suggesting that not her right?!

Tolerated is another good word!

You know, if I suggested something and he was enthusiastic about it I'd be happy enough. Maybe he's tired or stressed with work but I can't shake the feeling that I'm little more than an annoyance at the moment. It could well be hormones, but it hasn't been an on and off thing, I've been feeling like that since last Thursday morning. Maybe that's how preg hormones work. I know so little about it. Do you just have to ride it out or is there anything that can be eaten/drank to help?

Still, he just suggested we do something later in the week so I'm looking forward to that and will try to stop moaning and feeling sorry for myself. Even a chance to sit and chat without TV on or mobile phones ringing will be lovely :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 InFrame

Someone just burned toast in my office and I can't stand the smell!!

• Advertisement

Ah guys, I'm finding the coombe a pain in the ass to deal with. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Whispered wrote: »
    Ah guys, I'm finding the coombe a pain in the ass to deal with. :mad:

How so?

I had my first consultant appt on thursday, he had patients with appts starting at 9am and he showed up at 11. Granted there can be emergencies and maybe that is what happened, but nobody was told anything, we were all sitting there listening to the nurses giving out about his absence. One actually said "someone should ring him and remind him he's supposed to be here".

During my appt he went through my bloods and recommended I get B12 injections from my GP. He said to just tell my GP what my bloods are and it should be fine. But my GP said he'd need a letter from my consultant, even if he did his own blood tests he'd need a recommendation from the consultant before giving any injections. So I've spent two days trying to get through to his secretary or anyone else who can get me a letter. But there has been no answer from her at all and no response to messages. The main line can just make appointments so is no use to me.

Yesterday, I called the number given to me (by the midwife) to enquire about the physio classes and when I rang I was told to email and given an email address, so I sent an email asking things like what stage of pregnancy they are recommended and what to expect in a class (I don't know whether I should go or not, having only heard of them on thursday). I got back:
    Please fill in booking form on line and send with all your details.

So having rang the number I was given, emailed the address I was then given that was the reply. Literally that was all there was in the email. Nobody said hello or signed it off, made any attempt to answer any questions, it feels very dismissive. AND I can't find the form on their website.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Gonna PM you Whispered! Can't post link to the form but I think I found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Anyone sore/ uncomfortable just at top of bump, where bump meets boobs? I can't figure out if it's from bending too much - which can be a bit stretchy or leaning in a bit close to my desk today or whether it's from the fit of coughing I had this morning (which was quite uncomfortable at the time) - attributed to pregnancy congestion - i think - self-diagnosed! Otherwise all appears as normal but I do have a hospital appt tomor....

Also, I am now fasting for my glucose test tomor a.m. Anyone know if you get the results there and then or have to wait? Lucozade for brekkie....yum! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Have you been re measured for new bras 73trix? Maybe if your underwear is a little tight it could be causing the discomfort?

I got my GTT results within 48 hours. Also, I wouldn't pass any remaks to what people say about the glucose drink. It's fine, it's not something you'd choose to drink for pleasure but it's fine. Good luck with the test!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Tailbone pain. I am in agony here. I can't stand up or sit down without it hurting me and it only started today. It's that bad that when I go to stand up, it makes me nearly double over, and doubling over makes it even worse still!

Merkin wrote: »
    Have you been re measured for new bras 73trix? Maybe if your underwear is a little tight it could be causing the discomfort?

I got measured at 21 weeks approx but maybe that's it. I never thought of that!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Tailbone pain. I am in agony here. I can't stand up or sit down without it hurting me and it only started today. It's that bad that when I go to stand up, it makes me nearly double over, and doubling over makes it even worse still!

I get slight discomfort on the tailbone sometimes when I sit but TBH I don't know if it's prolonged discomfort from falling on my ass a couple of weeks ago/ pregnancy related/ both! I find it hard to figure the source/ reason for symptoms at times! Normally I prob wouldn't over think them- if minor issues but now it's like ....is it the pregnancy??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

ShaSha have you an exercise ball to sit on? Also try getting on all fours and gently rock your hips from side to side and front to back. At this stage of late pregnancy your tail bone does actually start moving about to make room for the emergence of baby's head, we were only discussing it this evening in Pilates class :)

I did my glucose test last Thursday morning and my gp texted me the results today. All good.

Are you providing your own lucozade? If so open the bottle now and maybe even shake it a bit, so it won't be too fizzy in the morning! Makes it a bit easier to drink. :) (this was a tip my gp gave me ... Clever lady)

Jerrica wrote: »
    ShaSha have you an exercise ball to sit on? Also try getting on all fours and gently rock your hips from side to side and front to back. At this stage of late pregnancy your tail bone does actually start moving about to make room for the emergence of baby's head, we were only discussing it this evening in Pilates class :)

I do, but it really, really hurts to sit on it now with the pain. Moving my hips at all is quite sore, I have been trying! :o
    Its gotten to the stage now (gotten progressively worse over the course of the day) that I'm walking around doing my crochet rather than sitting because I hate the thoughts of having to stand up!

Sounds awful. Hope you can get some relief.

Karmella wrote: »
    Are you providing your own lucozade? If so open the bottle now and maybe even shake it a bit, so it won't be too fizzy in the morning! Makes it a bit easier to drink. :) (this was a tip my gp gave me ... Clever lady)

Nope, according to the letter, I will be provided with it there. I don't mind lucozade but not for breakfast! :)

73trix wrote: »
    Nope, according to the letter, I will be provided with it there. I don't mind lucozade but not for breakfast! :)

Funny, I'm practically having wet dreams about lucozade, absolutely love it!

• Advertisement

I do, but it really, really hurts to sit on it now with the pain. Moving my hips at all is quite sore, I have been trying! :o
    Its gotten to the stage now (gotten progressively worse over the course of the day) that I'm walking around doing my crochet rather than sitting because I hate the thoughts of having to stand up!

Oh my word, you poor lamb. It must be shockingly bad :( Would a hot water bottle held against it help? I find that very good for back relief.

Is it a coming and going pain or a solid pain? Any other cramps? Any pain down the legs?

Oh my word, you poor lamb. It must be shockingly bad :( Would a hot water bottle held against it help? I find that very good for back relief.

Is it a coming and going pain or a solid pain? Any other cramps? Any pain down the legs?

No pain down the legs and a few hicks and some pinching where I can only describe as being
    behind my clitorus, as in on the inside but in the same place.
    It's mild-moderate constant for the past few hours now, but gets worse if I move about and then settles back to mild-moderate if I stay still.

So it's probably a horrible pain as opposed to any kind of labour pain? If there's any kind of rhythm to the pain or even if it just gets unbearable call the hospital. Would paracetamol help, or a bath?

So it's probably a horrible pain as opposed to any kind of labour pain? If there's any kind of rhythm to the pain or even if it just gets unbearable call the hospital. Would paracetamol help, or a bath?

Waiting for the water to heat for a bath as we speak. Seems to be pretty constant, definitely couldn't time it as it doesn't seem to get any worse if I stay still and it's very localised to my tailbone, not really anywhere else in my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Funny, I'm practically having wet dreams about lucozade, absolutely love it!

Have you tried the lucozade pink lemonade?? I woke up the other night dying for some even though I had finished the bottle two days before! It's just delicious

To the ladies getting the glucose test...at what week is this done??is it done by GP or in hospital?

Thanks a mill x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Done in the hospital between 24-28 weeks. Not everyone needs to get it done so it will only be done if there is a reason you should be tested, i.e. a parent with diabetes for example.

pastry2010 wrote: »
    To the ladies getting the glucose test...at what week is this done??is it done by GP or in hospital?

Thanks a mill x

Usually done at 28 weeks (between 24&28). I did mine at the gp but it was for my convenience as I didn't want to be going to the hospital and spending 2-3 hrs up there. At least if I went to gp I could go home and chill for the 2 hrs between blood samples. She charged me 25 euro to do it there though - it's the clinics normal charge for taking bloods. She said something about the HSE trying to push them to do it but not paying for it. The service isn't included in the combined care. Maybe not all gp's will charge... Don't know. They might not do it either and you might have to go to the hospital anyway!

It hasn't even been mentioned to me so I presume I won't be getting it done as I have no history of diabetes etc. Hospital app in Coombe tomorrow, wondering will I get a scan......feels like ages since my last proper one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

29 weeks today and so uncomfortable I just want to cry. Baby is still breech and I have a pain on the right side under my ribs where the head is. Also can't get comfortable sitting or lying down as I feel like my insides are being crushed - I'm only 5'1 so not much room in here.

Any suggestions as I don't think I can take 11 weeks of this? Also any suggestions for getting baby to turn? I know I have a few weeks yet but I'm stressed out by the situation :-(

Advertisement