Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Jerrica wrote: »
    I'm 36 weeks and feeling really fed up and hormonal, just had a cry about it. Is this a normal feeling?

I've just had enough now, I know that makes me sound incredibly ungrateful but my body just doesn't feel like my own anymore. I can't walk, I can't get comfortable, and I still have four (probably five or even six) weeks left and I'm really struggling at the thought. When I hear about other women who are due at the same time as me going into labour now I get so jealous, isn't that horrible?? I mean I'm delighted for them but so jealous it's their turn and not mine. Am I an awful person to wish this pregnancy was over? :(

Absolutely not!!!! This is totally normal! I'm only 27 weeks and I already have had enough.

Just try and focus on the bundle of joy you'll have and maybe not so much on the time left. Hard I know.

The first & third trimesters are so hard. And the second kinda lulls you into a false sense of getting your life back, only to whip it away again the last few weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Best of luck SmokeyEyes. You'll do fab and will have your lovely little baba very soon.

Ah Jerrica you're entitled to have a ****ty moan filled day. Its not easy and when you're struggling makes it worse. The heat definitely doesn't help. Nothing to be done just try and be good to yourself. Try a nice bath, least we can still enjoy them before the water charges.

If it helps I had a real bad yesterday and today I'm alot better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Awww Jerrica, not to worry, just sounds like you're having an off day, hugs to you. I'm 35+4 and thankfully I don't have any weepy days but I hear you on being unable to get comfortable, I tossed and turned like a rather clumsy walrus in bed last night and feel hot and sweaty and cumbersome a lot. Are you managing to sleep well? If not, maybe that could be a factor? I know you love your exercise too so if you can try and enjoy the odd little swim as well it will really help you m'dear.

I was signed off work a week early so am now on maternity leave (bar going in on Friday for a handover) and I have to say its marvellous. I thought I'd be bored but it's lovely and I'd a blissful two-hour siesta this afternoon. I remember you were taking days off here and there so maybe book one off for Wednesday and have some pamper time? Try and punctuate your remaining time at work with some days off to give you and your body a little rest.

You'll be fine. I know the final hurdle can be tough but keep your eye on the prize, we're on the home stretch to meeting our little loved ones xx

Best of luck SmokeyEyes. You'll do fab and will have your lovely little baba very soon.

Ah Jerrica you're entitled to have a ****ty moan filled day. Its not easy and when you're struggling makes it worse. The heat definitely doesn't help. Nothing to be done just try and be good to yourself. Try a nice bath, least we can still enjoy them before the water charges.

If it helps I had a real bad yesterday and today I'm alot better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Thanks ladies, I've never been much of a bath person unfortunately :o I've just been side-swiped by a reallly intensely low day today, I haven't cried in a long while. I'm sure I'll be ok, it's just that dour weeks has never felt so short and so long all at once. It'll be worth it of course.

• Advertisement

You have to remember that our hormones are all over the place. Think back to puberty or the worst PMT ever and the hormone levels then probably don't even compare to now. You're going to have little ups and downs so realise that it's natural to have mood fluctuations, especially now and after the birth as well. And a good cry can be cathartic so I hope it helped a little xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

A cry sometimes just releases all the tension can be good to do.

Bit terrified of tomorrow but my brain wont let me think about it properly which is a good thing so Im teary but strangely calm. Cant look at fiance without getting emotional cause I love him so much and want everything to be great tomorrow....but Im feeling calm and strong that everything will be great.

Look forward to posting here tomorrow night with good news:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

You'll be fine SmokeyEyes. Enjoy this evening. It's your last evening as a twosome. You'll have a new conpanion next time ye are at home together.

I just broke a tooth. Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Good luck tomorrow smokey. It's so exciting. I'll be thinking of you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Best of luck Smokey your little bundle Will. Be in your arms soon xxx

• Advertisement

All the best SmokeyEyes. Cant wait to hear your news x

All the best SmokeyEyes. Cant wait to hear your news x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Best of luck today SmokeyEyes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Good luck smokey... It will all be done soon

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I wonder how she's getting on? Exciting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

26 weeks today and feel every one of them. I've been in flying form for ages and really enjoying my pregnancy then yesterday I was quite unwell- had a weird stomach /gastric thing and spent the morning in the bathroom. Was exhausted yesterday and took the day off sick. Feel less than fantastic today (back is killing me already and I'm still in bed!) but have to go to work nonetheless. Still am off Friday and Monday so focusing on that.

Im so over it this morning. Awake since 3am. Feel like im about to vomit everywhere and my soon to be one year old picked the wrong morning for whining but of course in the cutest possible way. I ask her what's wrong and she starts laughing. Im being tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm only 16 weeks and struggling to sleep too. In my case it's down to damn sinus headaches. Is there anything you can do for them? Websites saying to change my diet etc but I can't really restrict it any more than it already is. There has to be something else I can do. It's really getting me down now. I haven't slept in ages and have a constant pain in my head, behind my eyes and my nose and the back of my neck. Exhausted! And this is supposed to be the easy time.

I've had quite a bit of sinusitis too throughout Whispered and find the Calpol saline nasal spray quite good. It's perfectly safe in pregnancy and will help decongest your nose and hopefully stop the headaches as well. Great to use just before bed and during the night if you wake up and because it's saline there are no restrictions on dosage.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

That's lousy you have sinus. My GP told me use a nasal saline wash and it will help but takes a while and she said I can use an over the counter spray called Flixonase. I hate to use anything but the last few days I've had to. Hope you feel better.

quote="Whispered;90998198"]I'm only 16 weeks and struggling to sleep too. In my case it's down to damn sinus headaches. Is there anything you can do for them? Websites saying to change my diet etc but I can't really restrict it any more than it already is. There has to be something else I can do. It's really getting me down now. I haven't slept in ages and have a constant pain in my head, behind my eyes and my nose and the back of my neck. Exhausted! And this is supposed to be the easy time.[/quote]

• Advertisement

Thanks so much! I didn't realise there was something you can take. Brilliant. :)

You're more than welcome! It's a really annoying symptom so great to get relief from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Someone I work with told me to make a honey lemon and ginger drink ( loads of variations of the recipe if you google it) . Worked brilliantly. I told another pregnant colleague who was having awful trouble with her sinus and she now swears by it. Great because it's natural too.

I went to the pharmacy and she couldn't give me anything. My nose isn't blocked, it's sinus pressure in my face so the sinus spray is no good for me. Apparently it will get better after seven months. I came home feeling pretty upset! I have Water heating for a bath. Hopefully that'll help.

Love the idea of a herbal tea :) I'll look into it.

I don't have much to complain about in fairness. I've not vomited once and besides being badly fatigued at the start and having to avoid certain foods this is really the first negative thing I've experienced. So really I shouldn't complain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

^Whispered I've had exactly the same thing for a while now, with only the odd Paracetamol to relieve it. I think it's the pressure in the air as I've been feeling better since the weather broke today, hopefully you'll find the same soon.

Oh maybe - that makes sense. If I manage to sleep all night it should help too and with it being a bit cooler that might happen. Glad you're feeling better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Baby Oscar was born yesterday evenimg weighing 8lbs 3oz...we adore him!

So overjoyed and excited! Labour is damn hard and I found it overwheling and scary at times...but the feeling afterwards is just amazing and was woeth every second:-)

I bet he's gorgeous Smokey! When are you being allowed home?

Massive congratulations Smokey. That's brilliant x x

• Advertisement

Congratulations smokey!

Advertisement