Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Lucuma wrote: »
    Dizzymiss did you feel baby turn when it did turn? Like did you know straight away it was after turning or did you have to wait til scan to find out? I think I'd know coz the kicks would stop being in my lower belly and move up towards my ribs?

I didnt know no. It wasnt until the midwife checked and told me bubs was head down. Baby always had some serious moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

llambert wrote: »
    Oh God SmokeyEyes I haven't even started having that chat with myself yet!!

In all fairness if its your first how are you suppose to know. My sister was induced on her first so when she went into labour in the middle of the night on her 2nd she wasn't sure. She rang the hospital and they were lovely. Told her to come in and they'd have a look. She felt bad waking her hubby and our Mum up at half 2 but just aswell because my niece arrived at 5.20am. I think its only natural to have abit of a panic.

I have a little over 8 weeks before I'll have medical intervention. Expecting twins so won't go past 38 wks. My consultant told me that there's a 50% chance I'll go myself before 37 wks. Everyone else is worrying I'll go myself at home alone. Both our families are a long drive away, more than 3 hours. My hubby travels for work so he could be anywhere. If its during the day my near by friends will be at work. I'm living in a case odds denial!! If all else fails I'll ring the ambulance :-)

My mother always told me in situations of panic 'keep a cool head and a dry knickers' actually the latter part might not be appropriate for this situation :D:D Good luck though. Do you know if you're having boys or girls yet?

dizzymiss wrote: »
    I didnt know no. It wasnt until the midwife checked and told me bubs was head down. Baby always had some serious moves.

Hmm..coz I've started doing the exercises from the Spinning baby website now in the evenings to try and get baby to turn. I'm just afraid if it turns and I don't realise it and I keep doing the exercises will it turn back! ;o)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Dizzymiss did you feel baby turn when it did turn? Like did you know straight away it was after turning or did you have to wait til scan to find out? I think I'd know coz the kicks would stop being in my lower belly and move up towards my ribs?

I felt both of mine go head down and had lightning pain for the last 6 weeks.. Both mine started going head down around 28 weeks and number 1 was able flip round up until the end he weighed 6lb 15 and number 2 stayed head down she was 8lb 9.. Big difference in size..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

My mother always told me in situations of panic 'keep a cool head and a dry knickers' actually the latter part might not be appropriate for this situation :D:D Good luck though. Do you know if you're having boys or girls yet?

We're having a boy, we have his name picked, we're ready to cuddle him and spoil him rotten, just need him to arrive now:D

My due date is tomorrow, have no idea where the time has gone!!:)

• Advertisement

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    We're having a boy, we have his name picked, we're ready to cuddle him and spoil him rotten, just need him to arrive now:D

My due date is tomorrow, have no idea where the time has gone!!:)

Best of lucky SmokeyEyes. Will be thinking of you.

Ive finally gotten around to sorting my hospital bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

May have an explanation to my rapid weight gain . doc thinks I have fibroid/cyst in there . she felt about and says there's something there anyway . babs heartbeat us good and strong was delighted ta hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I. Am. So. Done!
    :(
    Exhausted, immobile, fed up, constantly grumpy, sore, ill and the attention span of a puppy on cocaine :pac:
    I just don't see how I can physically or emotionally continue like this for another max of 6 weeks!
    I've been biting back tears of frustration all day!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I. Am. So. Done!
    :(
    Exhausted, immobile, fed up, constantly grumpy, sore, ill and the attention span of a puppy on cocaine :pac:
    I just don't see how I can physically or emotionally continue like this for another max of 6 weeks!
    I've been biting back tears of frustration all day!

^^^^
    That's my moan for today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

25 weeks today and I have vomited! Felt some nausea creeping back in the last little while but it was nothing too severe. How bizarre that it would return towards the end of the second trimester!

• Advertisement

Isolt wrote: »
    25 weeks today and I have vomited! Felt some nausea creeping back in the last little while but it was nothing too severe. How bizarre that it would return towards the end of the second trimester!

seemingly not unusual at all. Didnt happen with the last pregnancy but have had some awful days in second/third trimester this time. Mentioned it to midwife and she said that there's an increase of hormones again during this time and first trimester woes can return for some women.

It's nit every morning but there have been some where I feel like I'm 7weeks pregnant again. God awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

can i join in on the having enough 3 weeks to go and im done, baby can come now any day im ready x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I cannot describe the arthritic pains I am having in my hands, I couldn't even tie my hair up this morning and the pain woke me up at 4am, I'm just miserable with it :( I don't think it's carpal tunnel as the symptoms are different, my hands are just incredibly swollen, the joints immobilized and tender and I'm just feeling extremely sorry for myself. Midwife saw them on Wednesday and she suspects it may be arthritis but says that there is very little I can do bar maybe referred for physio as any anti-inflammatories are out of the question. Feeling VERY moany today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Merkin that sounds incredibly painful, you don't need to justify moaning when that's what you're faced with :( Do hot or cold compresses help at all?

I'm starting to reach the had enough stage at times too I must admit. I still have four weeks left in work, it's a seated desk job but with my bump as big as it is I can't get close to the desk so I'm getting terribly sore shoulders from hunching over. It's not a real moan compared to bad arthritis though so I really should stfu :o

You poor thing Merkin:( Feel bad having a moan now too!

2 days over due date and just wrecked, pelvis very sore between my legs so getting in and out of shower/bath is a bloody nightmare and I just feel fed up. Woke up this morning and felt like a cry all morning, I feel bad because fiance has to do everything for me and he's so great about it but I'm frustrated at myself because I want to be able to feel normal and fly around and I can't:(

And I'm scared of labour, it's pretty much 100% going to be this week and I'm just focusing on not focusing on it:) When the baby comes everything will be amazing and all this will be forgotten but for now I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself like a big baby:o

Jerrica wrote: »
    Merkin that sounds incredibly painful, you don't need to justify moaning when that's what you're faced with :( Do hot or cold compresses help at all?

I'm starting to reach the had enough stage at times too I must admit. I still have four weeks left in work, it's a seated desk job but with my bump as big as it is I can't get close to the desk so I'm getting terribly sore shoulders from hunching over.

I actually had a little cry this morning :( If it's arthritis as they think then I'm advised not to get my hands wet and then heat doesn't actually help the swelling either. I've been advised paracetamol but they're not really touching it tbh. It's just a grin and bear it situation and I've been quite stoic about it but it's just become particularly painful in the last few days. Thankfully it eases a little as the day wears on.

Poor you and work. Have you got a good chair? Work, from a health and safety perspective, are obliged to make sure that your work station is safe and comfortable so discuss with HR and order something supportive if you feel you need it!
    SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    You poor thing Merkin:( Feel bad having a moan now too!

2 days over due date and just wrecked, pelvis very sore between my legs so getting in and out of shower/bath is a bloody nightmare and I just feel fed up. Woke up this morning and felt like a cry all morning, I feel bad because fiance has to do everything for me and he's so great about it but I'm frustrated at myself because I want to be able to feel normal and fly around and I can't:(

And I'm scared of labour, it's pretty much 100% going to be this week and I'm just focusing on not focusing on it:) When the baby comes everything will be amazing and all this will be forgotten but for now I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself like a big baby:o

I have a bath every day Smokey (although due to my sheer size I'm having visions of finding myself lodged one of these days and having to be removed by the fire brigade). In order to get out comfortably, I turn around in the bath when finished so I'm on my knees (on all fours), stand up holding on to the sides, and get out that way. No strain on bump then. I gave up trying to get out normally about a month ago!

I also hear you on hubby doing everything. It's hard, especially when you're independent. Mr. Merkin is just being amazing these days but I feel like he's almost a home help in the last few days. We're lucky though!

Poor you, perfectly normal to be apprehensive my dear. As you rightly point out, you're going to be in the beautiful and amazing position of finally getting to meet baby Smokey soon though which is just magical! Any discomfort or pain you experience (and like I said, it's for a finite period of time) will all be worth it when you consider the prize at the end! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

73trix wrote: »
    Isolt , i think i can empathise with your pain (literally ). Getting the odd round ligament pain e.g. turned too quickly in bed yest and ouchies!

Also find that it is getting increasingly difficult to bend over!! I am already struggling with taking shoes/ runners on and off and OMG what's it gonna be like as bump gets bigger?!! I'm 24+5 so if the bending is hard now.....YIKES ! Anyone else having this prob so soon already ?

Me too! I'm 23+6 and the bump has had a massive growth spurt over the last two weeks. I'm now finding that I have to consider the bump when opening doors and the like.
    Bending down to pick shoes off the floor and put socks on and the like is becoming quite the task! The dropping to your hunkers is certainly a great one and then you're not trying to bend a bump that won't bend!

Me too! I'm 23+6 and the bump has had a massive growth spurt over the last two weeks. I'm now finding that I have to consider the bump when opening doors and the like.
    Bending down to pick shoes off the floor and put socks on and the like is becoming quite the task! The dropping to your hunkers is certainly a great one and then you're not trying to bend a bump that won't bend!

So was the gender what you were expecting Penny?!

So was the gender what you were expecting Penny?!

We're having a little girl. Haven't told anyone and have decided to keep it quiet and to ourselves. We (although more me) have found that so many people get involved in your pregnancy as it progresses and have an opinion on absolutely everything it is nice to have a little secret to ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

We're having a little girl. Haven't told anyone and have decided to keep it quiet and to ourselves. We (although more me) have found that so many people get involved in your pregnancy as it progresses and have an opinion on absolutely everything it is nice to have a little secret to ourselves.

Well congrats ;)
    We kept it to ourselves until 32 weeks. At that point I was getting frustrated to tears with all the people taking it upon themselves to tell me they already knew what I was having because of my skin/hair/eating habits/bump shape/walking gait.
    It was great fun watching people boil when I told them we were having a girl and it was not, in fact, a boy. One or two of them are still insistent that I'm wrong :o

On a side note, I'm soooo restless. Nesting is in full swing, or it would be if I could do anything. Been decorating our bedroom but painting is slow when no-one will help! My OH hates it, and is utterly fecking useless at it so I have to do it myself. Picked two chests of drawers and two lockers out of Ikea WEEKS ago because we don't have enough space for our clothes and I'm STILL waiting on him to go get them!

• Advertisement

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Well congrats ;)
    We kept it to ourselves until 32 weeks. At that point I was getting frustrated to tears with all the people taking it upon themselves to tell me they already knew what I was having because of my skin/hair/eating habits/bump shape/walking gait.
    It was great fun watching people boil when I told them we were having a girl and it was not, in fact, a boy. One or two of them are still insistent that I'm wrong :o

On a side note, I'm soooo restless. Nesting is in full swing, or it would be if I could do anything. Been decorating our bedroom but painting is slow when no-one will help! My OH hates it, and is utterly fecking useless at it so I have to do it myself. Picked two chests of drawers and two lockers out of Ikea WEEKS ago because we don't have enough space for our clothes and I'm STILL waiting on him to go get them!

Thank you. I guess now it's a secret with myself, my husband and the internet!
    I'm already amused at how people who asked if we found out the gender were just oh so happy that we didn't, it would ruin the pregnancy for me, labour would be harder with no surprise at the end of it, they totally disagree with people finding out in advance, etc etc. So we just nod and smile and say nothing.
    I am having lots of stretching low down on my abdomen and it's quite uncomfortable but all part of the process I guess. I had the doctor sign off on my dates today too so I can lodge the maternity leave forms with work soon too. Then we'll be on the count down to mid/ late September to finish up with work!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Hey Lucuma. I think dry knickers will definitely be out :-)
    No we didn't find out what we were having, was very tempted though. I've lots of scans so could still ask but will hold out now after waiting this long!!

No we didn't find out what we were having, was very tempted though. I've lots of scans so could still ask but will hold out now after waiting this long!!

llambert wrote: »

Oh llambert how did you resist finding out esp with twins !! You've a double surprise waiting for you, sooo exciting!

PennyD - congrats on having a little girl! :o. I couldn't handle keeping it a secret but I didn't even try, mainly coz it wasn't what I was hoping for so I suppose I felt that by talking about it and 'getting it out there' it would help me to accept it as well. Some of my family were shocked that I've blabbed though....it's not the done thing in my family to even find out the gender (I'm the first to do so), not to mention find out and tell. Breaking the mould has never bothered me though in fact it's my special super power :D

Shasha I can also join the moan about OH not doing stuff for me. Mine literally wouldn't make me a cup of tea! Even though I've got quite sore hip and pelvic pain he never offers to do anything. He will do stuff for me alright but only when asked, so I'm still trying to do as much as poss myself rather than turn into a constant nagging 'Can you do this/that?''. Only 4 weeks til I move back to Cork and back to Mammy tho - then I'll be taken care of :):)

We were both at the 20 wk scan. We had agreed not to find out. When we came out we both said how tempted we were. If either of us had said it in the scan we definitely would have caved. Since then I've been on my own for scans so wouldn't find out without hubby.
    In my gut I feel like its one of each but have just bought neutral bits. Not alot just to get us through the first wk.
    I'd nag away at the hubby if I were you and not feel abit bad about it. Can't complain about mine tbh. If anything he nearly drives me mad trying to wrap me up in cotton wool. He's so nervous he'd love to keep me lifting a finger. Sounds great but I'm a do-er so a head wreck for me :-) I'm trying to enjoy it cos will never get the chance again.

We were both at the 20 wk scan. We had agreed not to find out. When we came out we both said how tempted we were. If either of us had said it in the scan we definitely would have caved. Since then I've been on my own for scans so wouldn't find out without hubby.
    In my gut I feel like its one of each but have just bought neutral bits. Not alot just to get us through the first wk.
    I'd nag away at the hubby if I were you and not feel abit bad about it. Can't complain about mine tbh. If anything he nearly drives me mad trying to wrap me up in cotton wool. He's so nervous he'd love to keep me lifting a finger. Sounds great but I'm a do-er so a head wreck for me :-) I'm trying to enjoy it cos will never get the chance again.

Oh llambert how did you resist finding out esp with twins !! You've a double surprise waiting for you, sooo exciting!

PennyD - congrats on having a little girl! :o. I couldn't handle keeping it a secret but I didn't even try, mainly coz it wasn't what I was hoping for so I suppose I felt that by talking about it and 'getting it out there' it would help me to accept it as well. Some of my family were shocked that I've blabbed though....it's not the done thing in my family to even find out the gender (I'm the first to do so), not to mention find out and tell. Breaking the mould has never bothered me though in fact it's my special super power :D

Shasha I can also join the moan about OH not doing stuff for me. Mine literally wouldn't make me a cup of tea! Even though I've got quite sore hip and pelvic pain he never offers to do anything. He will do stuff for me alright but only when asked, so I'm still trying to do as much as poss myself rather than turn into a constant nagging 'Can you do this/that?''. Only 4 weeks til I move back to Cork and back to Mammy tho - then I'll be taken care of :):)

Thank you:) At the start of the pregnancy I was convinced it was a girl but I think thats just because I have more nieces than nephews and so am more used to being around girls than boys.
    Then in case the baby was a boy I started to make myself think differently to make sure that I wouldn't be disappointed or something like that. When the day of the big scan came and we were asked if we wanted to find out (granted having discussed it before hand) we said yes and the doctor confirmed it was a girl. I felt no happier about the girl than I was before hand when I thought it was a boy. I think that is a good thing because it meant that I wasn't either happy or disappointed - the baby was testing fine for everything and nothing bad was showing up on the scan and I did feel relief about that.
    Even though we know its a little girl now and have to concentrate only on girl names now we're still very much of the mind that we're not going to settle on one name over another (we're happy with 3) or try to put too much of a person on this little baby just yet. I think even at 24 (almost 25) weeks we still have a long enough road to get down until we have the baby in our arms and so we're trying not to get even more attached to the baby than we already are. Maybe I'm being silly who knows:o:confused:

Lucuma your Mammy is going to mind you so well it will be fantastic to get home to her. Mine is an absolute pet and has knitted up a storm and minded my sisters so well when they were pregnant and their babies were little and she is coming up trumps again for me now.
    Your partner needs to get his finger out! I dare him to log on here and we'll train him to mind you and offer to make endless cups of tea, give back rubs, etc etc.

Was admitted to hospital at lunchtime with high blood pressure.Turns out it is most likely rheumatoid arthritis (wtf?!) in my hands so I'm being referred to a consultant rheumatologist and they think the pain from that has elevated my BP. Had an hour of baby monitoring and he's great, very busy, just waiting on blood results and another BP check and they will hopefully allow me home. The pain is horrendous but I can put up with a lot as long as bubs is OK and he seems happy as can be thank goodness!

The bonus is I've spent the day in the very plush maternity ward, met some of the team and had a little nosy around so nice prep prior to the big day! :)

Merkin wrote: »
    Was admitted to hospital at lunchtime with high blood pressure.Turns out it is most likely rheumatoid arthritis (wtf?!) in my hands so I'm being referred to a consultant rheumatologist and they think the pain from that has elevated my BP. Had an hour of baby monitoring and he's great, very busy, just waiting on blood results and another BP check and they will hopefully allow me home. The pain is horrendous but I can put up with a lot as long as bubs is OK and he seems happy as can be thank goodness!

The bonus is I've spent the day in the very plush maternity ward, met some of the team and had a little nosy around so nice prep prior to the big day! :)

Sorry to hear you were admitted but glad to hear you're being looked after and that you and baba are good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Oh merkin you poor divil . I suffer from ra but had got it under control before I started ivf . I feel your pain literally!

Advertisement