Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Hot, it's too hot. Would be ok if no work or had air con in my work place but sadly have to work and no air con. Melted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

llambert wrote: »
    Can't complain about mine tbh. If anything he nearly drives me mad trying to wrap me up in cotton wool. He's so nervous he'd love to keep me lifting a finger. Sounds great but I'm a do-er so a head wreck for me :-)

Eh...can we swap for a week!?!

Merkin, you poor thing. Arthritis in your hands jeez.. i would have just assumed any stiff fingers in pregnancy was carpal tunnel syndrome. that must have been unexpected, hope you feel better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Yep, hate to complain because it is beautiful but yeah way too hot. I think I'm really going to struggle in this heat if it continues!! Totally wiped out today.

Last time I was pregnant it was winter and it was great, was nicely toasty all the time. This summer lark is going to be no fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Thanks girls, home in my own bed :) I really really hope it's just a weird pregnancy complication. Will PM you if thats OK bobskii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Of course no problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Merkin I sent you a pm there bit it won't send at the minute.

Karmella wrote: »
    Yep, hate to complain because it is beautiful but yeah way too hot. I think I'm really going to struggle in this heat if it continues!! Totally wiped out today.

Last time I was pregnant it was winter and it was great, was nicely toasty all the time. This summer lark is going to be no fun!

I like it being sunny and warm ---- just warm. Hot is too much.
    Saying that I decided to dress for holidays (almost) when coming to work today. Wore light linen trousers, a short sleeved wrap top I'd gotten in Jo Jo Maman Bebe and a pair of flip flops. Not the most professional outfit but at least I'm comfortable and will stay reasonably cool (I hope). Yesterday I was half dead by the time I got home. It took forever to get my body re regulated back to half way normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

So hot....appointment today...my blood pressure will be a million today no doubt:D

Hoping they'll give me a sweep today and send me home with an induction date! Telling the little guy if he fancies starting proceedings this afternoon I'm all for it but he said it's too hot and he's feeling lazy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

My moan today is god damn SPD! Can't actually take a step today without excruciating pain! :( That is all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

natty_asha wrote: »
    My moan today is god damn SPD! Can't actually take a step today without excruciating pain! :( That is all...

I hear ya natty. So pissed off with it. Cant walk or drive. Confinement! Not just for women of the middle ages :(

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

I know it's an awful pain! Going to get fitted for a support belt on Friday, I'm only 19 weeks so I'm really hoping the belt will provide some relief!

How far along are you dizzy?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Merkin hope you're feeling better.

Think we'll all be happy with the cooler day today.

Just reading an article from one of the daily newspapers online. Went on such a rant but useless as here on my own looking like a crazy lady. Anyway it was about men who have told their wives that they are fat. 2 of them had put up with a couple of years moaning and snapped but the first guy told his wife exactly what he thought HOURS after she gave birth to her first child. What an ass the insenstive git. He must have thought her belly would just instantly deflated. He finished off by saying that they have 4 great kids and her flabby belly is the price she's paid. Imagine been stuck with him!!

Ha I don't think my hubby would make it out alive!! Lucky for him he's neither that brave or stupid :-)

Just reading an article from one of the daily newspapers online. Went on such a rant but useless as here on my own looking like a crazy lady. Anyway it was about men who have told their wives that they are fat. 2 of them had put up with a couple of years moaning and snapped but the first guy told his wife exactly what he thought HOURS after she gave birth to her first child. What an ass the insenstive git. He must have thought her belly would just instantly deflated. He finished off by saying that they have 4 great kids and her flabby belly is the price she's paid. Imagine been stuck with him!!

Ha I don't think my hubby would make it out alive!! Lucky for him he's neither that brave or stupid :-)

Ah yes the good old Daily Misogynist (otherwise known as the Daily Mail). God but I hate the views that paper (and the women who work there) has towards women- one day you're too fat the next you're too skinny, you spend too much/ not enough time with your kids, it's your/ not your fault that your husband shagged your next door neighbour because of one of the afore mentioned reasons.......

natty_asha wrote: »
    I know it's an awful pain! Going to get fitted for a support belt on Friday, I'm only 19 weeks so I'm really hoping the belt will provide some relief!

How far along are you dizzy?

im nearly 35 weeks. SPD surfaced around 32 weeks. Cant even begin to imagine bearing it from so early on. It that respect I'm lucky but because I'm so far a long and big there's no exercises I can do comfortably. Physio said best thing to do is get started as soon as im able after the birth. I got my belt yesterday. Honestly it was almost instant relief. Not complete relief but it helps for sure.

Im sick as a pig this morning. Rotten.

Hope the belt helps girls, I found my SPD improved slightly as time went on but still very stiff!

I'm 40 + 6 today, I'm obviously far too comfy to want to leave!:pac:

Went to Rotunda last night, we saw the master who examined me which caused a show, I'm 2-3cm already and very favourable so we were all nervous and getting stuff ready last night as he expects me to go very soon but nothing so far!

Booked in for induction on Tues but he said he'll eat his hat if I don't go before that!

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Hope the belt helps girls, I found my SPD improved slightly as time went on but still very stiff!

Went to Rotunda last night, we saw the master who examined me which caused a show, I'm 2-3cm already and very favourable so we were all nervous and getting stuff ready last night as he expects me to go very soon but nothing so far!

Booked in for induction on Tues but he said he'll eat his hat if I don't go before that!

Thankfully the show has started SmokeyEyes. I was 40 +6, 2-3cm when my labour started last time.

God I hope I dont go over this time. You expect it on your first but please let this be a typical second comes sooner second baby. Midwives and docs reckon it'll be very fast whrn it does happen because it's less than a year since the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Smokeyeyes that's brilliant news hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer xxx

I'm 37weeks today I'm exhausted sick of no sleep, thank God it's a bit cooler today though don't know could I have stuck another day of it.

Have a hospital app today have a feeling my bp will be up has been slowly rising the last few weeks x

Hope everyone is doing ok

dizzymiss wrote: »
    Thankfully the show has started SmokeyEyes. I was 40 +6, 2-3cm when my labour started last time.

God I hope I dont go over this time. You expect it on your first but please let this be a typical second comes sooner second baby. Midwives and docs reckon it'll be very fast whrn it does happen because it's less than a year since the last time.

Ah thanks girls!

Out of interest Dizzy was labour faster because you were already dilated a bit when labour actually started? Kinda feels like I've done some of the hard work already without realising it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Smokeyeyes that's brilliant news hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer xxx

I'm 37weeks today I'm exhausted sick of no sleep, thank God it's a bit cooler today though don't know could I have stuck another day of it.

Have a hospital app today have a feeling my bp will be up has been slowly rising the last few weeks x

Hope everyone is doing ok

Oh, we're actually due on the same day :pac:

31 weeks today and having my first real wobble. Had a right breakdown over nothing.

All started when I came across that bloody One born during the week. Wouldn't normally watch it but there was a lady having twins so told hubby to leave it on. Totally tramatised watching it and cried for Ireland. Had awful dream last night about my twins and their birth. I always a little anxious before my appointments (have one tomorrow afternoon). Trying to stay awake now so that I'll be so tired I'll sleep.

Then was reading my pregnancy book earlier, don't normally read ahead but as there's a higher chance I'll go early said I better get reading. Was reading the bit on what to expect after having multiples. Was all very similar to single pregnancy but said that my belly will probably be bigger and will have to contend with extra skin. It's not that I'm a vain person and having these babies safe and healthy is all I want but in my state of mind today reading this didn't fill me with joy. Bad enough with the veins in my leg without the rest. Thinking I'll end up getting dressed and undressed in the dark for the rest of my days. I know I sound like a right diva!!

Anyway ended up having a right cry earlier. Poor hubby didn't know what to do with me. He did the only sensible thing to do which was to get me chocolate and rubbed my back.

Sorry for the nonsense moan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Llambert you poor thing! I think I watched the same episode & ended up in tears too... My friend had two sets of twins by c-section at 37weeks & she has her figure back so try not to worry! Your not being vain at all, it's hard not looking like ourselves & the uncertainly over how we will look in the future freaks me out at the best of times...

Ah thanks girls!

Out of interest Dizzy was labour faster because you were already dilated a bit when labour actually started? Kinda feels like I've done some of the hard work already without realising it!

It was 15hrs from that point. I was told that the first 3cms are the hardest part. I stopped contracting at 6cms so had to have the syntocin which slowed things right down. Hope you're feeling okay x

You're not a diva Llambert or vain. It's totally understandable. Im dying to get my body back. Fit into my own clothes. I worry everyday that I wont and vow to work hard to get back there. It's only natural. I used to watch OBEM and spent Tuesday and Thursday evenings on the couch crying. My husband used to come hime from college expecting to see a crumbling mess on the couch and always found me like that. Why we do it to ourselves??? Who knows? There's a voyeur in us all but you have to remember, it's tv. They pick the most traumatic births and stories for their show. While they are real, not all births are like that. I learned that when I went in. I had a very positive labour experience. Nothing like OBEM. Take it with a pinch of salt and stop torturing yourself x

Thanks shortstuff and dizzymiss. Better today, got a good 6 hours sleep which helped!! After bringing dog for walk around the woods, lovely morning so much more cheery :-)
    Ah I know eventually my body will return to some sort of normality just yest wasn't in any state to think reasonable. Can't wait to get back into my lovely normal clothes.
    Will definitely not be watching One born again, lesson learned.

Thanks shortstuff and dizzymiss. Better today, got a good 6 hours sleep which helped!! After bringing dog for walk around the woods, lovely morning so much more cheery :-)
    Ah I know eventually my body will return to some sort of normality just yest wasn't in any state to think reasonable. Can't wait to get back into my lovely normal clothes.
    Will definitely not be watching One born again, lesson learned.

Delighted to hear that you're feeling better today. A good 6 hours of sleep has magical properties all right. I've been keeping well away from One Born ever since we started TTC. :o

My moan today is I'm 40 + 10 and no baby, he's still delighted with himself in there!! But induction is scheduled so we're into the Rotunda for 7.30am tomorrow and finally, finally I won't be able to kid myself about labour anymore:(

Already had a mini cry this morning with my fiance, he's been amazing I don't know how I'd handle things without him. Just not going to think about tomorrow and just enjoy today and take things easy.....but very aware time has nearly run out on the denial bit about labour:rolleyes:

My moan today is I'm 40 + 10 and no baby, he's still delighted with himself in there!! But induction is scheduled so we're into the Rotunda for 7.30am tomorrow and finally, finally I won't be able to kid myself about labour anymore:(

Already had a mini cry this morning with my fiance, he's been amazing I don't know how I'd handle things without him. Just not going to think about tomorrow and just enjoy today and take things easy.....but very aware time has nearly run out on the denial bit about labour:rolleyes:

Think about Thursday and your fabulous little baby!:) It will be so lovely to finally (especially after the extended wait!) meet your little one in person.

Think about Thursday and your fabulous little baby!:) It will be so lovely to finally (especially after the extended wait!) meet your little one in person.

Ah thanks Penny, we're so excited and it's amazing I just can't focus properly cause I'm worried! Plan to be in the zone for tomorrow and will just visualise the end bit where the three of us can high five each other:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

I'm 36 weeks and feeling really fed up and hormonal, just had a cry about it. Is this a normal feeling?

I've just had enough now, I know that makes me sound incredibly ungrateful but my body just doesn't feel like my own anymore. I can't walk, I can't get comfortable, and I still have four (probably five or even six) weeks left and I'm really struggling at the thought. When I hear about other women who are due at the same time as me going into labour now I get so jealous, isn't that horrible?? I mean I'm delighted for them but so jealous it's their turn and not mine. Am I an awful person to wish this pregnancy was over? :(

Advertisement