Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Target Weight

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭cython

Hmm, I didn't set a target in here earlier this year, but I suppose I started the year at 104kg or a little over, and since January, when I started cycling, I have gotten that down to about 89, and hoping to keep that going. Seeing as I'm still that weight after 8 weeks of inactivity due to a broken wrist, and not having a turbo available, here's hoping I can keep it dropping and match Beasty, seeing as he's in the same area (albeit a lot fitter, I'm sure!) by the sounds of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I'm 6'3" and I have dropped from 100kg+ to 85kg since last jan so happy with that, I will prob drop another 2/3kg when the spring hits but prob not too much more.
    Would people mind putting their height with their posts cos I think the posts make a bit more sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭cython

I'm 6'3" and I have dropped from 100kg+ to 85kg since last jan so happy with that, I will prob drop another 2/3kg when the spring hits but prob not too much more.
    Would people mind putting their height with their posts cos I think the posts make a bit more sense...

Makes sense. I'm 6'3", so sounds like I started in a similar position to yourself, but you've put me to shame - damn you! :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

CramCycle wrote: »
    October: 84.6kg

At this point my main aim is to be back at my original weight (under 70kg) by August.

I'm approximately 6'1

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

biomed32 wrote: »
    quick update, rose to 83kg :eek: over the exams but have now in the last 3 weeks dropped to 74.5kg:cool:, something im actually quite impressed with although i know for a fact tis prob nothing to brag about or is it...:rolleyes:

currently at 72kg, a loss of 2.5kg so going in the right direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I'm 69.9kg, hoping to get down to 67kg. I generally don't cycle between October and March so will just starve myself for the last week in Feb then bingo - target weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Rapidmike

Started cycling last march at 109 kg
    5,500 km later 89kg
    winter target to maintain this on the mtb
    HEIGHT 183cm
    next nov intend to hit 80kg
    but i have a feeling those last 10kg could be the hardest
    all support at the tours welcome!!!:D
    HERE GOES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I found when i went below 75kg i lost strenght, felt i lost my kick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

i gave up eating jar sauces , no crap to a point . lots of fish 5 eves a week eating more veg .

still have a glass of red or a beer when i want ...running 5km twice to three times week ,plus the bike work ,have a just stone off with out effort and keeping it off in two months .

6' 1" --- 13 stone or just under ....i carry a good bit of muscle so happy enough to not lose any more .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Dr. No

el tel wrote: »
    I'm 69.9kg, hoping to get down to 67kg. I generally don't cycle between October and March so will just starve myself for the last week in Feb then bingo - target weight!
    Instead of starving yourself why don't you just stay cycling or do someother form of excercise?
    I'm 5'10 and 65 kgs so I'm happy with my weight. I remember going down to 60kgs and my form was terrible, had no power at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

levitronix wrote: »
    I found when i went below 75kg i lost strenght, felt i lost my kick

Suffered the same this year, oodles of stamina but found hills hard and going to the front a real chore.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Dr. No wrote: »
    Instead of starving yourself why don't you just stay cycling or do someother form of excercise?

I just can't motivate myself to cycle in the winter any more. When the temp drops below 6 or 7 degrees going out on the bike gives me a really sore throat and a cough that lasts 4 months or so. Bummer really.
    Dr. No wrote: »
    I'm 5'10 and 65 kgs so I'm happy with my weight. I remember going down to 60kgs and my form was terrible, had no power at all.

At 5'10 and 60kgs I'm sure you'd have made a lovely goal post though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Big and strong people. Big and strong. Stop losing weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Hushovd and Boonen are circa 80kg.
    Gilbert is circa 78kg.

You can be a successful cyclist and be a reasonable weight.
    I had a target of 80kg and moved from 110kg to 88/89kg.

After that it became just too damn uninteresting to lose further weight straigt away. There were simply way too many things that I enjoyed that I was prohibited from enjoying if I wanted to lose more. At that stage there was I was simply maxed out on training time. So I made the decision to keep cycling, eat the foods I enjoyed and settled on maintaining my weight. Been there for about 9 months now. I am going to try and get towards 80kg, but I would prefer to be trimmer/stronger at 88kg than flabby at 80kg.

If I get to 80, well and good. I guess the real test will come when I hope to do a few races next year. However while being lighter would more than likely help, I reckon being stronger, fitter and faster at my present weight would be preferrable than simply lighter. We'll see I guess.

After one or two races, I may have to change my preceptions somewhat. But c'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Boonen is 6 foot 4... and I would presume has a bf % under 10.
    Comparing somebody that is 5foot 10, 80kg and 20% is nonsense.

Anyway, if I could get down below 70 I'd be happy.. fat c*nt thes days.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Boonen is 6 foot 4... and I would presume has a bf % under 10.
    Comparing somebody that is 5foot 10, 80kg and 20% is nonsense.

Anyway, if I could get down below 70 I'd be happy.. fat c*nt thes days.

Not in a sense comparing, more just saying like!!!
    As I said in my my post, enjoying the things that I eat has gotten in the way of weight loss. This is an admission if you like that the loss of further weight at this point is simply not that much of an issue for me. It would involve choices that I would neith relish making or am presently prepared to make.
    I cant train any more than I do, so to lose weight I would simply have to diet. However this would involve cutting down or out some of the foods that I particulalry enjoy. Lifes short. People should do more of what they enjoy - I guess I enjoy food more than being trimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

ROK ON: buy a pet monkey. Whenever you eat, give him half. You can therefore order enjoy the same delicious food choices while continuing to lose weight. As the monkey will tell you, if the problem is hunger just MTFU.

Lumen wrote: »
    ROK ON: buy a pet monkey. Whenever you eat, give him half. You can therefore order enjoy the same delicious food choices while continuing to lose weight. As the monkey will tell you, if the problem is hunger just MTFU.

The problem is less hunger and just more general savagery.

I generally no longer drink, but a person has to have some treats. Its just mine are Black Pudding, Tapas, Cheese (particularly anything Blue), chocolate, hot dogs with jalapenos (my latest food fetish). I have made my lifestyle choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Take up smoking. It sounds healthier than that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

We still haven't got ROK ON to cook for us, what happened to that last year? I get hungry whenever I read your posts about delicious foods. Maybe we could do a boards version of come dine with me? The culinary skills of ROK ON against the Heston Bllumenthal style cooking of Lumen.

I can do a mean omelette.

• Advertisement

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    We still haven't got ROK ON to cook for us, what happened to that last year? I get hungry whenever I read your posts about delicious foods. Maybe we could do a boards version of come dine with me? The culinary skills of ROK ON against the Heston Bllumenthal style cooking of Lumen.

I can do a mean omelette.

Some day, maybe before xmas.
    Thing is I love what I cook, that doesnt mean everyone would like it. Its actually hard to say what makes a good cook. For example, I eat out a lot - but I almost never agree with the 'received wisdom' of most Irish food critics. I think some of them in particular wouldnt know and understand food, if it were to hit them on the face.
    Dont knock omlettes. Nothing likea well made omlette. A dish that one can have for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Anyway OT, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Dr. No

A ham and tomato omelette with beans, mmmm perfect for a post ride refuel. It can get a bit windy afterwards though:eek:

Advertisement