Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy NFL jersey???

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Looking forward to seeing what they're like!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Got back from NYC last week, was hoping to pick up some jerseys on sale etc but there were none anywhere....well 2....One players edition Steelers in Paragon Sports for $220 (less 20% off) or a Eagles one...both XXL. I was surprised there were none in any other of the stores. I checked nearly every sports stores (about 20 in all) I saw and I walked most of Manhattan during my stay. I was very disappointed. I know its the off season and the make of jerseys are changing but even still :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

It was the exact same in New York when I was there. Was also impossible to buy an american football.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Was trying to buy a jersey on-line the last couple of months and kept only coming up with Chinese knock-offs, or the "Pro Line" jerseys in the official NFL Shop.

Was doing a bit of digging around about the Pro Line jerseys to see what people thought of them and came across this report

http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/01/20/some-nfl-merch-is-briefly-free-of-logo-creep/
    Article wrote:
    The rep said that they weren’t notified yet of the price of the new Nike replicas. Also confirmed that Reebok hasn’t made new stuff this year, and they have just been selling the inventory the whole season. He said not to expect a big sale in March.

Would make sense seeing as jerseys seem to be very hard to get a the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Apparently Football Fanatics are very good. People on the NFL UK forum swear by them (very quick delivery and hardly ever any customs charges).

They have a lot of this seasons stuff on sale, including jerseys, hoodies, t-shirts etc:

http://www.footballfanatics.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

My friend is goign to New York next week are there many chacnes he would be able to get me a jersey to bring back?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

My friend is goign to New York next week are there many chacnes he would be able to get me a jersey to bring back?

check out Sports Authority, might be able to pick one up there but at this stage will probably be slim picking as the above stated!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Is the sizing similar to European sizes as they look absolutely huge!

No, I highly doubt it considering I checked nearly every store including Sports Authority...but you never know he might get lucky. If you want an NBA especially Jeremy Lin stuff you are in luck though....marketing dream over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭TimThomas

The problem with sports jerseys in the US they sell them only in season. So once you go outside the NFL season you get a very limited supply on the racks. And given this year Reebok are gone forget about trying to get a jersey. Problem with the big cities also they mainly stock their home team jerseys first anyone else is hit and miss on the big names.

For what its worth if you are going to New York and are a Jets or Giants fan you will find the last remaining jerseys in their club stores down at the stadium.

• Advertisement

Is the sizing similar to European sizes as they look absolutely huge!

god no! i wear a large t-shirt and just about fit into an XL youth in NFL jerseys (a medium mens fits me and a big hoodie with room to spare)! The new nike jerseys will be fitted closer to soccer jerseys apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

First look....

x2_b78c0a81.jpg?w=250

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

First look....

x2_b78c0a81.jpg?w=250

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Nothings changed in the logo or colour as far as I can see, in fact, the only difference is that they've taken the Reebok logo and replaced it with a Nike one. Not much of a change for the Dolphins then...

The new Nike jerseys are out....Seahawks one is pretty nice...others are largely the same style

I don't know if this is alright to post, but for anyone looking NFL gear etc. I have 3 Green Bay Packers jackets that I would like to sell as they are a bit big for me now. I have them listed online but won't put any details up unless it's not allowed. Maybe a mod could confirm, or let me know if there is a classified section of the Boards for users to sell/trade with other members?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Paddy C wrote: »
    I don't know if this is alright to post, but for anyone looking NFL gear etc. I have 3 Green Bay Packers jackets that I would like to sell as they are a bit big for me now. I have them listed online but won't put any details up unless it's not allowed. Maybe a mod could confirm, or let me know if there is a classified section of the Boards for users to sell/trade with other members?

Try adverts.ie I guess.

I'm actually looking a packers jackets :D

I have placed an advert on Adverts.ie there now, here's the link - http://www.adverts.ie/1508041

Price is not set in stone either as the advert says! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

http://www.adverts.ie/sportswear/nfl-carolina-panthers-cam-newton-1-jersey-size-48-m-black/1486254

Anyone see this on adverts
    I'd imagine its a Yukijersey/Weiketrade/Jersey101 Jersey, that he's looking to make a €20 profit from or else its too big for him and he's hoping someone will bite.

Or I could be wrong and a cynical bollix, and it might be a €200 authentic Cam Newton jersey, and a great bargin :P

EDIT: Its definitly a profit thing I had a look at his other sales, a Tom Brady (Authentic with SB patch for €60, a Drew Brees one and a Michael Vick jersey.)

I just realised there was a sportswear section, so have made a new ad and deleted the old one, the link to the new one is here - http://www.adverts.ie/1508333 :)

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/sportswear/nfl-carolina-panthers-cam-newton-1-jersey-size-48-m-black/1486254

Anyone see this on adverts
    I'd imagine its a Yukijersey/Weiketrade/Jersey101 Jersey, that he's looking to make a €20 profit from or else its too big for him and he's hoping someone will bite.

Or I could be wrong and a cynical bollix, and it might be a €200 authentic Cam Newton jersey, and a great bargin :P

EDIT: Its definitly a profit thing I had a look at his other sales, a Tom Brady (Authentic with SB patch for €60, a Drew Brees one and a Michael Vick jersey.)

it's not unfathomable that he picked up a lof of Reebok jerseys cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I saw the price on adverts. Very good value. I wish I fit large.

What size are you exactly? These are American made, and will fit an L easily, an XL easily and probably even an XXL too. They are big fitting (and in the case of the fleece) very warm jackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

What size are you exactly? These are American made, and will fit an L easily, an XL easily and probably even an XXL too. They are big fitting (and in the case of the fleece) very warm jackets.

I'm medium mens. I know all the NFL gear is quality, I got some for Christmas and it was great.

it's not unfathomable that he picked up a lof of Reebok jerseys cheap.
    That is true, but the Jersey's he's selling are the Sewn on Numbers and Names, even picking them up cheaply they cost well over €100.

If they were the Screen Printed "Replica" jersey's and not the "Authentic" i'd believe that.

For Example:
    p9006204dt.jpg
    compared to:
    p10512947dt.jpg

First one is reduced to £60 in the NFL shop.
    Second one is reduced to £150 in the NFL shop.

He'd have to be first very lucky to pick the Jerseys up at any price near to €50, and then pretty silly to sell them at that price, when he could get 3 times that on ebay... if they were genuine.

Its hard to tell from the pics. I'd need to see the NFL Shield to prove it... and to be honest, m not bothered :P

That is true, but the Jersey's he's selling are the Sewn on Numbers and Names, even picking them up cheaply they cost well over €100.

If they were the Screen Printed "Replica" jersey's and not the "Authentic" i'd believe that.

For Example:
    p9006204dt.jpg
    compared to:
    p10512947dt.jpg

First one is reduced to £60 in the NFL shop.
    Second one is reduced to £150 in the NFL shop.

He'd have to be first very lucky to pick the Jerseys up at any price near to €50, and then pretty silly to sell them at that price, when he could get 3 times that on ebay... if they were genuine.

Its hard to tell from the pics. I'd need to see the NFL Shield to prove it... and to be honest, m not bothered :P

I got a Roddy White jersey with sewn on name and numbers from the Falcons store for about $50 last month, I fully believe you could find someone offloading jerseys at this price but you're right it is very unlikely!

I got a Roddy White jersey with sewn on name and numbers from the Falcons store for about $50 last month, I fully believe you could find someone offloading jerseys at this price but you're right it is very unlikely!
    Jaysus? Really?

Thats unreal. How did you manage that?

Are you in Atlanta or did you buy online?

Jaysus? Really?

Thats unreal. How did you manage that?

Are you in Atlanta or did you buy online?

I won a $260 voucher off the Atlanta Falcons twitter account, so I bought three jerseys (two replica and one premier). Delivery was $150 though!!

got stung for €40 customs as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I just realised there was a sportswear section, so have made a new ad and deleted the old one, the link to the new one is here - http://www.adverts.ie/1508333 :)

Going to Holland this weekend so can't make you an offer, hopefully they're still there next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Just had major issues with getting a jersey from the States, have to say it's tough if you're not going in person and bringing stuff home.

My bro went to the Packers v Raiders game at Lambeau back in December and picked me up a Reebok Reggie White 92 throwback jersey. When he got back home (eastern US) he sent it on from his house, no problems delivered straight to me.

Unfortunately there was a problem with some of the numbers peeling off the shirt after a couple of days, so I sent it back to him and he sent it on to the Packers Pro Shop at Lambeau, who replaced it, threw in a Superbowl XXL t-shirt and a card apologising for the hassle, which was all a very nice touch that you'd only expect from an American retailer in fairness.

They then sent it straight to me, but unfortunately via UPS, who gave me a rather surprising phone call a week later looking for €43 excise on importing clothes from outside the EU!!

After a week of phone calls between the Pro Shop, my bro and UPS explaining that the shirt was a gift in the first place and had already been sent from America to Ireland and back, they eventually released the jersey, which I'm now very happy with, albeit 2 months after I originally expected to get it.

So unless you have an address to go thru in the States, I'd tread very carefully with using any of the online Pro Shops from here.

Advertisement