Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It seems to me from looking at that email that everything is in fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

It seems to me from looking at that email that everything is in fashion.
    Hurrah! That'll save me a fortune then.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

OldGoat wrote: »
    Hurrah! That'll save me a fortune then.

Hopefully it will mean that there will be a good variety in the shops. I doubt it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Malari wrote: »
    Urgh, did anyone else get the ASOS mailshot for Autumn fashions? :( Depressing.
    I didn't get it :(

When was it sent?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I didn't get it :(

When was it sent?

At 2pm today! I haven't looked at it in detail, but just go to Asos and "new in" and that's all it's really telling me!

• Advertisement

Malari wrote: »
    At 2pm today! I haven't looked at it in detail, but just go to Asos and "new in" and that's all it's really telling me!
    Thanks for your help, I'm off for a gander :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Well, I hope everyone got good use out of their Summer wardrobes, it seems it's time to put them away now :pac:

from a really brief look through the New In section it seems like I already own most of the stuff that's going to be fashionable this season

I'm dying for Autumn this year, I got so much good Autumn stuff over the past few months.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm a big autumn girl as well, cannot wait for it to come back! I passed by an amazing vintage suit the other day :( Dark green, could almost be black, long wool coat and matching pencil skirt. I should have bloody bought it, but I had to pay my phone bill and have rent due next week. DAMN! If i go back and it's still there, it's fate!

I went to see a fantastic film today called Bill Cunningham New York. It's about a NY street fashion photographer, 80 years old and still going! It was just brilliant. In it he said "fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Looks like one interesting guy Twee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

That looks really cool Twee ... hope NY is treating you well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

These caught my eye while I was browsing the internet, hmmm the last thing I need is another pair of shoes but i'm finding it hard to resist £35 down from £55 in Office i'll have a little think about it and decide tomorrow (to probably buy them):D
    30341150_b1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^
    I love them! They remind me of all the shoes I had as a kid! :)

Novella wrote: »
    ^
    I love them! They remind me of all the shoes I had as a kid! :)

That's just what I was thinking! I think they were Clarks and were navy :) Remind me of Easter Sunday.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Just gauging interest but would any of you be interested in a group order from Crown Brush?

Orders over £350 receive a 20% discount (you can get more info here)

I've done a few of these before on different boards and it worked out fine as long as a good few people participated, I wouldn't have any problem in collecting the orders, placing one big order then distributing on delivery.

There's also other sites you could do this from if some of you have a wholesale card or the likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Doing a major clearout of my room and just came across my very first makeup :D It was a Miss Sporty liquid foundation in the favourite shade of a 13 year old trying out makeup for the first time...dark brown :pac: Dear...lord...cringe!

Can I ask peoples' opinions on this dress please? I like it but I'm not sure if it is suitable for a 20yo or not, is it? Could it be worn during the day or is it an evening dress? How would you accessorize it?

Thanks for any help :)

s640x480

Link to bigger pic.

http://images2.everystyle.co.uk/products/1214202_NAVY_River-Island-Cap-Sleeve-Lace-Embroidered-Shift-Dress_1.jpg

^
    Love the dress, PB. I'd wear it during the day anyway, but you could wear it out at night as well imo. If I was wearing it, I'd probably wear some gladiators the same colour as the belt.

I'd definitely wear that during the day, its a lovely dress :) I'm not a gladiators person so I'd wear pumps with it but it could be easily dressed up with heels as a cute evening dress. The cap sleeves on it are so nice!

Accessories wise, I usually love navy dresses with wide red belts but for some reason it seems like a wide fitting belt would ruin that dress (its made somewhat "delicate" by the lace, if you get me), so I'd stick with the thin belts but you could do any number of colours with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭fghijkl

That's the first thing i've seen from river island in a long long time that's actually nice! Want! Can i ask how much it is??

I'd wear it during the day, but i'm always in dresses.

Defo suitable for a 20 yo.
    I don't like the belt in the pic with it, it's too orange, the dress is so delicate the colour seems a bit harsh or something. Personally I'd put a thin silver belt with it, i love silver and navy together. Wouldn't bother with jewellery, again cos the dress is so delicate, maybe just a small necklace? Personally i wouldn't go with gladiators/sandals, the dress is too 'pretty' and they'd take from it i think, i'd stick with some very plain navy pumps for day wear. :D I want that dress :D

Thank you for the help and suggestions guys, I really appreciate them, would love to hear more :)
    fghijkl wrote: »
    That's the first thing i've seen from river island in a long long time that's actually nice! Want! Can i ask how much it is??

I'd wear it during the day, but i'm always in dresses.

Defo suitable for a 20 yo.
    I don't like the belt in the pic with it, it's too orange, the dress is so delicate the colour seems a bit harsh or something. Personally I'd put a thin silver belt with it, i love silver and navy together. Wouldn't bother with jewellery, again cos the dress is so delicate, maybe just a small necklace? Personally i wouldn't go with gladiators/sandals, the dress is too 'pretty' and they'd take from it i think, i'd stick with some very plain navy pumps for day wear. :D I want that dress :D
    I've seen a few of them on eBay, which is where I am going to get it (if I win any auctions that is lol :D)

This is a link to it on Polyvore, but its no longer available in store, as far as I am aware.

http://www.polyvore.com/river_island_cap_sleeve_lace/thing?id=27672644

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Arrghhhh still no boots! I hope they arrive tomorrow otherwise I'll probably have to wait until the following weekend before we head out anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

**gasp**...... th'... the'......... they arrived!

167610.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Haven't got any of these yet but I had so much fun putting them together and am now craving to have them! What do people think?

5957150823_77df9e1d2e.jpg

5957150857_e8830d8bef.jpg

5957711920_69fc1d1678_z.jpg

5957719550_21d4e1196b_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭emmabee

Wish my bloke would wear gear like this!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I wouldn't be a fan of a man in skinny jeans. Each to their own though :)

Loving the red skinnies! Actually I like it all with the exception of the last one. Too many colours for me! If this gathers discussion I'll move it to a new thread.

Same as Twee. I'm not fond of the last one 'cause of the colours. I like clean lines, and blocks of colour moreso. I like skinny jeans though, personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Saw these in some magazine during the week. They are from forever 21. Just went to see if I could buy them and they are out of stock on the site:( Did a google search and they sold out really quickly and are now a much sought after item, selling for 3 times the price on ebay and the like. Has anyone seen similar ones any where? Very sad I am:( Edit - It looks like they've been on sale since Jan so no surprise they are sold out
    floral_31.jpg

Can I ask peoples' opinions on this River Island dress please?

Is it suitable for a 20 year old? Or is it too grown up? I really like the dress, but I don't want to look older than I am.

ivyclub13september2009london5.jpg

Thank you!

• Advertisement

Can I ask peoples' opinions on this River Island dress please?

Is it suitable for a 20 year old? Or is it too grown up? I really like the dress, but I don't want to look older than I am.

ivyclub13september2009london5.jpg

Thank you!

Is there a missing link or am I just not seeing it?

Advertisement