Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Just found out from my cousin that she's away next weekend when I'm down in London so severely stuck for somewhere to stay. My friend is doing his exams atm. I've never stayed alone in a hostel before and dread to think of London hostel prices =/

No way! You could totally could have stayed next weekend in ours but alas we fly home to Ireland for the weekend!! Our house has been like a B&B the past few months with family, friends, friends of friends needing a bed etc!

Where abouts are you looking for a hostel?

*We're not crazy people, but just know what it's like to be stuck for a bed in a new city!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

*We're not crazy people...
    Cue ominious music, lights dimming, camera tight focus on the eyes of the victm...SCREAMMMMM
    :D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

going all psycho here in our B&B :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

No way! You could totally could have stayed next weekend in ours but alas we fly home to Ireland for the weekend!! Our house has been like a B&B the past few months with family, friends, friends of friends needing a bed etc!

Where abouts are you looking for a hostel?

*We're not crazy people, but just know what it's like to be stuck for a bed in a new city!

Crisis averted. I found somewhere to stay! Ah off for the bank holiday weekend? Any recommendations of places to see or shop in LDN atm?

I'm not really the sight seeing type but enjoyed St James park for a picnic..and you can feed the squirrels and look at the beautiful flowers and trees..

Guess it depends where you going and if you want to catch a museum?

Clothes wise I'd go for Brick Lane on Sundays..nothing happening there or in Spitalfields on Fridays and Saturdays which is disappointing if you are stuck for things to do Sat..but well worth the trip and rummage through shops and stalls of vintage stuff...
    Camden..not so much. Much prefer the East side markets to camden which I feel are awful commercial..but then it depends on your time..Camden is fun just in itself for being, Camden!

• Advertisement

I'm not really the sight seeing type but enjoyed St James park for a picnic..and you can feed the squirrels and look at the beautiful flowers and trees..

Guess it depends where you going and if you want to catch a museum?

Clothes wise I'd go for Brick Lane on Sundays..nothing happening there or in Spitalfields on Fridays and Saturdays which is disappointing if you are stuck for things to do Sat..but well worth the trip and rummage through shops and stalls of vintage stuff...
    Camden..not so much. Much prefer the East side markets to camden which I feel are awful commercial..but then it depends on your time..Camden is fun just in itself for being, Camden!

I'm planning on getting to the V&A on a couple of occasions, maybe some charity shops, I don't think I'd particularly enjoy camden. I'll probably go to the museums, etc, the usual!

I'm planning on getting to the V&A on a couple of occasions, maybe some charity shops, I don't think I'd particularly enjoy camden. I'll probably go to the museums, etc, the usual!

The V&A is fantastic..look for the 'side door' in, as the queue isn't as big!

Yeah people seem to flock to Camden, I cannot really see the appeal; once, is enough!

Charity shops, I can't help you with I'm afraid as I only know ones outside the city..but there's one in Maryleborne which is meant to be deadly!

Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just wondering, could these tops be worn over a black strapless top/dress? They are low cut (you can see straight down the top) and as I have a small bust and don't like the idea of someone looking down my top so was thinking of wearing them over a top/dress for nights out etc.

P5210202.jpg

P5210204.jpg

Just wondering, could these tops be worn over a black strapless top/dress? They are low cut (you can see straight down the top) and as I have a small bust and don't like the idea of someone looking down my top so was thinking of wearing them over a top/dress for nights out etc.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx254/Bottle_Of_Water/Clothes/P5210202.jpg

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx254/Bottle_Of_Water/Clothes/P5210204.jpg
    Can any help/offer an opinion please?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭neveah

I think so, absolutely. I love the blue top, gorgeous colour.

I think it would look better if you wore black on your bottom half as well so you would have the black running through your outfit with the splash of colour from the blue or purple top over it.

For example: a long-line black string vest with black leggings and heels to jazz it up or a black string vest with a black mini skirt and black tights with the coloured top over it. That's how I would wear it anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I would buy a few strapless tops or strappy tops and wear them underneath. It's what I do if I have a top that my boobs aren't big enough to fill!

I like the whole idea of layering! It makes an outfit feel more personal and relaxed to me! :)

neveah wrote: »
    I think so, absolutely. I love the blue top, gorgeous colour.

I think it would look better if you wore black on your bottom half as well so you would have the black running through your outfit with the splash of colour from the blue or purple top over it.

For example: a long-line black string vest with black leggings and heels to jazz it up or a black string vest with a black mini skirt and black tights with the coloured top over it. That's how I would wear it anyway :)
    I would buy a few strapless tops or strappy tops and wear them underneath. It's what I do if I have a top that my boobs aren't big enough to fill!

I like the whole idea of layering! It makes an outfit feel more personal and relaxed to me! :)

Thank you both so much, I really appreciate your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

PB, love that blue top.

It makes a really boring post in "Recent Purchases" but I love the plain, soft, goes-under-anything tank tops and string vests in Gap. White, grey marl and black - I wear them under tops like you have posted above, half kind of see-through shirts, dresses or tops with low cut sides (when you can see the bra at the side :o).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Penneys have got some lycra strapless tops in their beach section - they have some extra support at the top but you can unroll the support bit and wear it as a longer top if you know what I mean. Think that would work fine or a nice silky lingerie style top would work too.

Has anyone used the Kiehls online shop? I'm trying to get some stuff, but I don't see a button that says "Add to Basket" or something.

www.kiehls.co.uk

I'm well used to online shopping and I'm on my second coffee this morning. Someone tell me I'm not going mad?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I just selected a product and Add To Basket is right there next to it.

http://www.kiehls.co.uk/men/shave/facial-fuel-spf-15.aspx

I just selected a product and Add To Basket is right there next to it.

http://www.kiehls.co.uk/men/shave/facial-fuel-spf-15.aspx

Gosh darn it all to heck :mad:

I don't see a button. I'll have to check on a different browser or something. Weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That's very strange. I can see it next to the price.

I can't even see the price! I mean, I can see the word "price" but no price :D

Maybe my AV is blocking something. I'll try at home later.

Don't know whether or not to buy this velvet dress in the midnight blue colour. I'd like to start wearing more maxi lengths but am also trying to refrain from buying new clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Very tempted to get this. It's so very cute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Don't know whether or not to buy this velvet dress in the midnight blue colour. I'd like to start wearing more maxi lengths but am also trying to refrain from buying new clothes.

I really it! I've never seen a velvet maxi before, it's cool!

Sooooo cute! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Oh, I loves it, RK! I may have to procure :D

Malari wrote: »
    I can't even see the price! I mean, I can see the word "price" but no price :D

Maybe my AV is blocking something. I'll try at home later.

FYI, this site works on my home PC but not in work....spooky. :cool: But have ordered my Keihl's stuff now, phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

so confused! tried on two fab dresses that could go from day to night and i dont know which to pick... sigh....

both are put aside until friday so i can make up my mind

http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/content/ebiz/urbanoutfitters/invt/5130424319877/5130424319877_Red_l1.jpg

http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/content/ebiz/urbanoutfitters/invt/5130462179750/5130462179750_Mauve_l1.jpg

I could get both but that would just be too bold... :P

so confused! tried on two fab dresses that could go from day to night and i dont know which to pick... sigh....

both are put aside until friday so i can make up my mind

http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/content/ebiz/urbanoutfitters/invt/5130424319877/5130424319877_Red_l1.jpg

http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/content/ebiz/urbanoutfitters/invt/5130462179750/5130462179750_Mauve_l1.jpg

I could get both but that would just be too bold... :P

I like the second, more youthful and the collar won't date as quickly as the pussy bow on the first one. Its a better looking fit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I like the second, more youthful and the collar won't date as quickly as the pussy bow on the first one. Its a better looking fit too.

I like the second as well. It's a gorgeous colour and the fit looks fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

yeah the 2nd one is gorge with that big collar, I'm just a little reserved as I'm busty and a proper hourglass (boobs/butt). I nearly didn't bother trying it on as I assumed i'd look silly but its a lovely dress and I've nothing like it.

The first one is more flow-y then it appears in that pic and quite 40s, the colour suits me too but i get what you're saying about the 2nd not dating as quick.

thanks for opinions I appreciate it!

spinscribble, I love the red!!

I do like the mauve one, but I know that the fit might be a bit awkward (well, for me, I'm busty and high necks can be a nightmare without a super dee duper wonderbra... both so pretty!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Crushing disappointment. I out-boob this dress by just enough to put me between sizes :(

Advertisement