Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

First or second..beautiful. Not mad on the third one..
    Yes the second is gorgeous very elegant!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I looooove the second dress, so gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

love the first two! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Yeah, the more I look at the third, the less I like it. I was leaning towards the second one actually, but there's something about the first.. hmm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Anyone here know what Kurt Geiger shoe sizing is like? For a similar pair of shoes to these

1980300999-1-carvela-active-black-courts-platform.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I found them quite narrow when I've tried them on if that helps

They certainly are intimidating shoes. I likes!

edit: Stray Cat you look deadly, your hair is different too I think - Looks awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

@Pandoras Twist thanks :)
    Yea my hair used to be really long and black I grew tired of it.

I absolutely love your hair too, Stray_Cat! Looks so good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Can I remind posters that this is the off-topic thread. You can talk about things other than fashion and appearance in here. If you're looking for advice about something to do with fashion or appearance then you should start a thread. We have a nice little community in the forum and a proper off-topic thread would add greatly to that. :)

I was in A wear today and their sizing is terible, The 8's are about a 14 :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I don't know if anyone will find this useful, but the last time I was in my local Kilkenny Shop (Killarney) they had 30% off their range of Irregular Choice shoes and they had a decent range, I'm sorry I don't know if the sale's still running but it may be worth having a look there!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭fghijkl

I was in A wear today and their sizing is terible, The 8's are about a 14
    Glad it's not just me then! I actually can't shop in there anymore, i stopped the day i put on a size 8 dress and it was massive on me (i'm a 12 with D/DD boobs for the love of god!)

They seem to have become a plus size shop :(

fghijkl wrote: »
    Glad it's not just me then! I actually can't shop in there anymore, i stopped the day i put on a size 8 dress and it was massive on me (i'm a 12 with D/DD boobs for the love of god!)

They seem to have become a plus size shop :(
    I ordered a dress from them online and I know it will be too big, Not a regular shopper there so was very disappointed they should advertise as plus size as there is no way the sizing is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yup, stupid a-wear. Sometimes I can't even get a 6 to fit me there. It's so bloody annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I ordered a cardigan recently from Awear in a medium knowing it'd be nice and big one me, I was right! I'm a 10 there and a feckin 14 in most other shops (hate to even type that, I was a 12 for years :(), wonder why they do it.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Oddly enough, I'm the same size 12 there as I am in most other places - maybe the DoomBoobs help! :eek:

My main issue with them is the length of their jeans. Normally a short leg is perfect on me, but at 5'6" I'm not that short!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

DoomBoobs. I'm stealing that one!

This cardigan is so cute <3

Teddy cardigan

img_0006_1_2.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Major wardrobe clean out! I feel so refreshed! God I threw out some amount of clothes. My mam's frind has two teenage daughters so a big bag of stuff is on the way to them now. I am clearing out so I will leave a clean room for when I go to New York :D Three and half weeks away, so freakin' excited.

It's amazing how great it feels to get rid of old clothes. I did the same as you recently. Got rid of ten bags of clothes between myself and my fiancé. Mainly his clothes, and lots of stuff that he bought in NY last year. :eek:

That's exciting that you're going to New York. You'll have a blast restocking your wardrobe. :)

• Advertisement

Ten bags! Goodness! I actually also threw out some stuff that I had bought recently enough. Pretty disgraceful, but my wardrobe was so unorganised and messy that I couldn't find anything, so ended up just picking up odds and ends to tide me over in Penney's/F21 that I really didn't need. All gone though to make room for my NYC purchases! I'm going for 3 months so I'm sure I'll collect a lot of stuff to bring home :p

On a side note to crazy sizing, check out these three pairs of Topshop jeans. All marked 28 inch waist. Madness!

227346_10150253469480801_507880800_9213273_2370473_n.jpg

3 months sounds great. Loads of time to shop without having to pack it all in.

That's mad that the sizing is so different. Or rather, seeing how obvious the difference is is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Holy crap, those differences are insane!

Out of interest, would you know if you bought them all around the same time or if there would have been a couple of years between purchases? I'm wondering if retailers are slowly decreasing their sizes; I don't think I've gotten any bigger in the past 2 years but the clothes labels say different....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

jokettle wrote: »
    Holy crap, those differences are insane!

Out of interest, would you know if you bought them all around the same time or if there would have been a couple of years between purchases? I'm wondering if retailers are slowly decreasing their sizes; I don't think I've gotten any bigger in the past 2 years but the clothes labels say different....

I was thinking the same thing! If they were manufactured in different factories, even, they may not be standardised. Doesn't help when you think you've found a pair of jeans from a certain shop that fit though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Malari wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing! If they were manufactured in different factories, even, they may not be standardised. Doesn't help when you think you've found a pair of jeans from a certain shop that fit though. :(

I got a pair of topshop jeans in a charity shop for €5, practically brand new! My usual size 10. Couldn't even get them over my thighs. I had hoped they had shrank in the wash or something, hence giving them to charity in the first place; now, I'm not so sure!

The oldest pair are the top, then the middle and the black ones are the newest. Seems their sizes are getting smaller!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1386249/Lagerfelds-Chanel-takes-footwear-hybrids-step-far.html

article-1386249-0BFA5F7000000578-23_468x1069.jpg

^ not keen on those boots/flip flops.

The models toes are out over the tops of them, surely that can't be comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

ARGGGHHHHHHHH. I hate studying and I hate exams:( Roll on the 23rd when I'm finished. Got my son's confirmation in the middle of it all too.

(Those boot flop weird things are horrible and :confused:)

Is anyone else amazed at the quality of the stock in Zara right now? Very different to the other high street shops. Everything they have is gorgeous and fits so well.

• Advertisement

Sibylla wrote: »
    Is anyone else amazed at the quality of the stock in Zara right now? Very different to the other high street shops. Everything they have is gorgeous and fits so well.

Ya know what? I've never really bought much in Zara before, but at the moment, I'm finding myself lusting over so much of their stuff!

Advertisement