Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Loving those Zara purchases..I have always found it a bit hit and miss, and end up sticking with the TRL (?) range, which I do like. Really want that Kate dress tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Does anyone here know if Chanel nail polishes are meant to be watery?

I bought some on eBay recently and I think they may be fake.

I tried them on my mothers nails and they are watery. There are only two that aren't watery, they aren't thick either though.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

lindtee wrote: »
    ARGGGHHHHHHHH. I hate studying and I hate exams:( Roll on the 23rd when I'm finished. Got my son's confirmation in the middle of it all too.

(Those boot flop weird things are horrible and :confused:)

am i mad or did you delete your recent purchases post? i was going to use the discount code you gave me to buy some organic face scrub from iherb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Novella wrote: »
    Ya know what? I've never really bought much in Zara before, but at the moment, I'm finding myself lusting over so much of their stuff!

Same! I've never owned anything from Zara except for a pair of shorts that I bought years ago, but I love the style and fit and colour of everything in there at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

So will we be copying Jedward's excessive shoulder pads and leggings look?

• Advertisement

:eek: God I hope not.

Big shoulders pads are just awful (in my opinion anyway):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

You know I don't their fashion sense will be emulated too much (Unless teenage boys maybe :)) I believe Louis Copeland made their outfits! The shoulder pads immediately reminded me of Joan Collins in Dynasty lol

They looked great and did a brilliant job, I hope they win :D

Yeah, I heard that is was Louis Copeland. They did look great. The shoulders would have wrecked my head. How did they manage the cartwheel with them?

I hope they get into modelling when their music career inevitably goes downhill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Yeah, I heard that is was Louis Copeland. They did look great. The shoulders would have wrecked my head. How did they manage the cartwheel with them?

I hope they get into modelling when their music career inevitably goes downhill.
    I think they would do wonders modelling for an Irish clothing range or even start their own.
    Would be great to see them win after all the bad press from the so called 'Music elite' over here.

I'm delighted that the 'music elite' wont get a chance to give out about the fact that they didn't get through in an 'I told you so' sort of way. Whatever people think of their ability to sing, it was the best Irish performance by far in a long long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

am i mad or did you delete your recent purchases post? i was going to use the discount code you gave me to buy some organic face scrub from iherb :)

Post still there. Mods must have removed the code:( (get something like 4% of order total in store credit when someone uses the code) Yet there is someone else's code on another thread now:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

lindtee wrote: »
    Post still there. Mods must have removed the code:( (get something like 4% of order total in store credit when someone uses the code) Yet there is someone else's code on another thread now:confused:

no i see it, don't know how i missed it! durrrr
    thanks ever so :) this site is great, dunno how i missed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Does anyone here know if Chanel nail polishes are meant to be watery?

I bought some on eBay recently and I think they may be fake.

I tried them on my mothers nails and they are watery. There are only two that aren't watery, they aren't thick either though.

Any help would be appreciated.

Think you might have got fakes PB. :(

I have one I got in BT's and its very thick. It's one of the best nail varnishes I own. Much better than any OPI's I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

no i see it, don't know how i missed it! durrrr
    thanks ever so :) this site is great, dunno how i missed it!

Doh, study, lack of sleep, children and exams have my brain melted, had forgotten I posted another time with the code and details :o:o Sorry. Its a brilliant site alright, have used them for the past few years after someone posted about it on bargains alerts. You should have your order within 7-10 days. Prices are great compared to here. Besides beauty products and supplements, I get incense from there too, very resonably priced compared to here and really good quality. http://www.iherb.com/Blue-Pearl-Aromatherapy-Incense-Variety-Sampler-10-g-35-oz/9064?at=0 is one of my favorites. You get a mixture of scents. And the nag champa and sai baba are lovely too. Will you post up what you get as I'm always interested in new stuff from there:) Going to try that African black soap that someone posted up on the latest purchases thread the next time I order.

Think you might have got fakes PB. :(

I have one I got in BT's and its very thick. It's one of the best nail varnishes I own. Much better than any OPI's I have.
    :( I feel sick now.

They cost me €54 euro. I thought it was a great bargain because they looked genuine, the seller seemed genuine and the seller has 100% good feedback, no negative or neutral.

Here is a link to the auction.

Did I miss anything that would've indicated they may be fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

I only have one Chanel nail varnish, but it's one of the worst varnishes I've used, I find Rimmel way better!

E.T. wrote: »
    I only have one Chanel nail varnish, but it's one of the worst varnishes I've used, I find Rimmel way better!
    What is your Chanel varnish like?

Just remembered I have some others too - vamp and something else I can't remember. I just found they chipped way quicker than other nail varnishes, and the brushes are tiny and fiddly. Can't remember how thick they were, but just remember thinking I wouldn't be buying Chanel varnish again, which I haven't.

Could you pop into BT's and try out some Chanel varnishs there to compare?

Could you pop into BT's and try out some Chanel varnishs there to compare?
    Unfortunately not as I am a two hour bus journey away.

Roughly how much a Chanel varnishes in BT's? I might order one over the phone just to compare.

Does BTs sell the Splendeur or Vendette colours does anyone know?

Would it help if I maybe put a drop of the varnishes on each nail and posted pics of them? Prob a dumb question, sorry.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not as I am a two hour bus journey away.

Roughly how much a Chanel varnishes in BT's? I might order one over the phone just to compare.

Does BTs sell the Splendeur or Vendette colours does anyone know?

Would it help if I maybe put a drop of the varnishes on each nail and posted pics of them? Prob a dumb question, sorry.

No do it. I'll do the same with mine (but wont be until tomorrow because i just did my nails a different colour.)

€21 last year, going by beaut.ie

No do it. I'll do the same with mine (but wont be until tomorrow because i just did my nails a different colour.)
    Thank you.

I'll do it tomorrow as the pics will be better with daylight.
    E.T. wrote: »
    €21 last year, going by beaut.ie
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I've just posted in the Latest Purchases thread, but I'll post here as well so as not to clutter the other thread with chat! I have an interview tomorrow with a charity organisation; it's a voluntary position and the dress code (if there even is one) shouldn't be too formal, but I still think it's important to dress formally to give a good impression.

I've had very few interviews, and only one was in a formal organisation. If anyone has any opinions/advice on which outfit I should wear, or even if I should wear something completely different, I'm all ears!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I like the shirt and skirt combo, the cream shirt is a bit more summery.

The skirt is a little bit longer than the dress, so it might be the better option alright!

Ahem :o so I wore the skirt and blouse, and it looked great, but just as I was leaving my apartment I bent to pick up my keys and ripped the seam at the back, just under the zip! It was too late to do anything then, so I just left; the rip was barely noticeable (I hope)!

Lesson for today: get a bloody sewing kit!

At least the interview went well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Great to hear jokettle, hope you get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 F_Fitzy

Hi all, hope this is an okay thread to post this is (im new). I need a cheap and effective way of stripping my hair. Ive dyed it since i was about 12 and now my roots are always a good bit darker than my ends, no matter what shade or what brand i use. Theres no point in even dying my hair these days, as it just doesnt cover the roots. Drives me mad!!! Any suggestions?? Ive bleached before and heard that stripping is just as bad for your hair. I really dont want to go back there, but dont see another option!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Try Colour B4, I've never used it but most people here say it's great! They sell it in boots, I think it's around 15 euro or less.

Advertisement