Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official AH budget discussion thread (Rules/useful links in first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

laugh wrote: »
    The government don't have a way to oblige the likes of U2 with foreign registered holding companies to pay tax here. In the same way hundreds of companies pay our 10% corporation tax instead of their own.

Don't you DARE bring reason into this!
    I think you forget yourself, sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It has gone very quiet now, as it always does just before the Budget is delivered. The calm before the storm, if you will.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ItsNoAlias

Ah well we survived other recessions so we should survive this one too. As for the budget, is it ever good news? Not since I have been working anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Is it not 12.5%??

There is a Manufacturing relief making it 10% that ends at the end of January.

ItsNoAlias wrote: »
    Ah well we survived other recessions so we should survive this one too. As for the budget, is it ever good news? Not since I have been working anyway.

The budget can be good in certain areas but everyone takes a very pessimistic view of it and today is the most feared one for a while.
    We're basically paying for the reckless and stupid spending the government has done over the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

That_Guy wrote: »
    The budget can be good in certain areas but everyone takes a very pessimistic view of it and today is the most feared one for a while.
    We're basically paying for the reckless and stupid spending the government has done over the last few years.

Exactly, We are paying for their mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Big_Mac wrote: »

We are paying for our own mistakes we elected them, we gave them the power to run the country.

Big_Mac wrote: »

They handed over too much money to the public service, without factoring in job security and pension enough, the public service wanted more money so badly because of house prices. The single biggest mistake was not to have a law to prevent lenders from giving people more that 4/5 times their salary as a mortgage. This would have lessened speculation and kept construction wages at a reasonable level.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

We are paying for our own mistakes we elected them, we gave them the power to run the country.
    ...add to that we won't get up off our arses enough to get rid of them either!
    O' no... lets worry about saving 10c on a pint instead - then sit back down!

Moronic stupidity of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

I totally agree. Can you imagine the government of 2004 saying 'Ah we're spending too much, the construction industry is going to collapse, so we're not backing construction anymore'.

The result would've been thousands of workers laid off, and all of us complaining that we can't afford our Indian tiles.

Would anyone, in 2004, have voted for job losses? Hindsight gives us all the wisdom we wish we had at the time.

Or, hindsight is foresight for the gob****e :)

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    O' no... lets worry about saving 10c on a pint instead - then sit back down!

Moronic stupidity of the highest order.

People who said that in this thread were joking in the main.

laugh wrote: »
    People who said that in this thread were joking in the main.
    O' I know and I got his/her wit - and perhaps the very point they were trying to make.
    Sadly, there will be sad sods who actually think like that though - "I'm alright jack - I got ma cheaper drink!"

I didn't vote them in. But grrr and rabble rabble rabble and so on.

This music at the start of the budget programme on RTE is eerie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

what time does the sledging start??

lucky-colm wrote: »
    what time does the sledging start??

I think about 3:45 or thereabouts. Coverage is on RTE 1 now.

Here it comes!!!!!

The sound is piss poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

here we go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Here we go:(

Sounded like the ceann comhairle was ringing the bell for a boxing match.

The gloves are off.

They are quickly flicking through the books just handed out, to get to the major troublesome sections.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I agree and I'm sure so do most people BUT he is the leader of our country and is entitled to the high salary that goes with the job.

Yeah..he's done a ****in great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

When do the voting lines open?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just hearing now on liveline that the price of drink is going down in the budget:D .

Cue Diageo with an increase to cover "costs" :)

Is Lenihans hair sprayed on?

That Guy to get 4,000 euro and naked ladies.

I am the recession saver!!!!

The-Rigger wrote: »
    When do the voting lines open?
    As soon as Cowell negotiates his cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Return to positive growth in 6-9 months! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It's happy days from here on in according to the Minister for Finance, I won't be holding my breath.

Jeasus lads "The worst is over" - friggin' news to me!

• Advertisement

"The worst is over."

Cheap drink for all.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement