Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I'd like to see him make cut in 2014 all the same. Maybe this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

neckedit wrote: »
    And on forums too.......
    The guy is young, Making a living doing what he loves, not doing to bad at it either. Let him at it.

Oh I see what you did there ........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Good start for Shane today. Four under, tied 7th. Let's hope he is getting back in business now after a really disappointing start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Good score considering he had a pair of 6's.

Quiet day for Shane today, but minus 1 for the day so sits on -5. When did he grow the beard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

vienne86 wrote: »
    Quiet day for Shane today, but minus 1 for the day so sits on -5. When did he grow the beard?

Movember was the start I think

probably will increase his chances of getting into the Shelbourne Hotel next time:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

5 under T23 after round 3.

Have it recorded did they show any of him on Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Sorry - ok I'm being facetious -

But does anybody know what Shane does these days.

Big fan. But I'm getting a little sick of him being a celebrity as opposed to a golfer. And - this is coming from a fan.

He is good on twitter - on 2nd Captains - the radio - But Shane it is bloody mid March. You were 56 th in bloody Morocco.

Anyway - give us something on the course to smile about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Shanes' got a column in the Times starting today:

299363.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

that'll be entertaining reading.
    ".. and then I drove down to Tescos in Tullamore" etc

• Advertisement

Sorry - ok I'm being facetious -

But does anybody know what Shane does these days.

Big fan. But I'm getting a little sick of him being a celebrity as opposed to a golfer. And - this is coming from a fan.

He is good on twitter - on 2nd Captains - the radio - But Shane it is bloody mid March. You were 56 th in bloody Morocco.

Anyway - give us something on the course to smile about.

Quite a hole in the European tour calender, guessing it will be 4 weeks today before we see him playing again.

that'll be entertaining reading.
    ".. and then I drove down to Tescos in Tullamore" etc

I'd prefer to see him express himself on the golf course than in a newspaper. Like an earlier poster, I'm a big fan, but we haven't had anything to cheer about this year. Damn it, he's a golfer, not a journalist.

Shane thinks he's made it, and in his own mind he has.
    He has very modest golfing ambitions I think, and as long as (1) the card is safe, (2) he makes the odd major e.g. The Open, and (3) the bank balance keeps tipping over, then all is fine and dandy in the Lowry household.
    This isnt a unique approach obviously. The PGA is full of players who should probably be accountants or other such stable occupations.

Nothing safe about his playing rights next year at the moment. Only 14K earned in 5 events. Hopefully form picks up from May when some of the better events come around. Currently not in any majors this year either, I dont get the impression that he thinks he's made it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I still think that beating Rory last year in the matchplay was one of the worst things he's done, Rory played brutal and he still needed two unlikely chip-ins to win, since then he's just fallen away in golfing terms, he was 62nd after the matchplay, his profile increased dramatically, a few invites to the US but poor performance on the course, just three top 10's since, missed the cut when defending the Portugal Masters and now 111th in the world.
    He does appear to be living his dream however so if he's happy with his lot then fair enough and good luck to him...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

SnowDrifts wrote: »

Interesting he's playing in the small money event co sanctioned with the challenge tour. Not really the actions of a man that thinks he's made it. Nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Good article & gives siome insight into some of the issues already brought up here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Nice article it has to be said...

I do disagree with his philosophy about only focusing on long term goals as without short term goals (both personal and professional) it is hard to focus as it feels very far away. Short term goals that are stepping stones to reaching a larger long range goal allows you to focus while still developing.

this is revolutionary.
    why hasnt anyone thought of this before..
    stepping stone goals to achieve an overall vision or long term goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

this is revolutionary.
    why hasnt anyone thought of this before..
    stepping stone goals to achieve an overall vision or long term goal.

Sorry . Is he not saying the opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Great read from a great young fella

Pity the Tesco bit was edited I was wondering how it would finish,maybe next week.....

Just saw him on the RTE news - looks quite trim. Looking forward to see him getting going on the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Another brutal performance, currently 9 over and he talks about playing The Masters next year whilst falling off in the rankings, he's yet to gain even a fraction of ranking points this year, shame it all looked so better this time last year...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭big_drive

He's form at the moment is slightly worrying, hopefully he gets a decent run of form going soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Another 80 :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

shocking round today alright, not one birdie.

He fixdepitchmark, any chance you can have a chat to him about breaking 80?!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Christ alive +8 after one round. Early days yet but players can easily struggle to keep a card on the lack of cuts made like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I think Lowry is going to drift away over the next couple of years and be a what could have been story like so many others have.

Advertisement