Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

:eek::eek::eek: What the hell is that finger from shane

The club would be flying out of my hands if I did that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

No real chance of birdie on 17, still hoping on 18 but also for the others not to make birdies, big ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

He has a putt anyway..

kiers47 wrote: »
    He has a putt anyway..

All we could ask for really.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Im not sure this is over even with par.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Im not sure this is over even with par.

It is now really with a great putt from Howell there.He definitely needs the bird.

Pity on 18. Still a T3 place finish which should make him approx 200,000

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Pity on 18. Still a T3 place finish which should make him approx 200,000

And that's how it finishes up for him - pity about silly dropped shots in the closing holes, but a good week - well done, Shane!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

vienne86 wrote: »
    And that's how it finishes up for him - pity about silly dropped shots in the closing holes, but a good week - well done, Shane!

Yes, an excellent week's work. But I'd say he's kicking himself over that missed tiddler on the 15th.

He'll be kicking himself about that stupid drop shot on 15 (I think), the short putt. He seemed very happy in the 18th green, all in all good week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Back up to to 71st in the world rankings, just inside top 30 in race to Dubai.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I love his latest put down of a twit on twitter giving him abuse

"Ball bag"

Simple, to the point, and golf related :D

I have no idea why you would follow him only to take the mickey out of him, utterly pointless :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Great week from Shane and all set to defend in Portugal after a week off next week. Hopefully he is peeking in time for the big money events and can make the Top 50 before the year is out! Be great to see him at the masters!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Poor Shane isn't happy about him and his mates getting refused from the shelbourne hotel when out for a few drinks.

Straight onto his twitter account to call the place a kip.

:)

Don't worry Shane! - there is always a bloke who comes home with more money than the rest of us at Christmas and tries to bring us into a bar, that we all feel awkward and are surrounded by gangsters in suits.

There are 100s of real bars around there you would have been grand in, in your Christmas outfits. :P

BTW - when you get to Augusta ( I know you will) - see how you get on trying to get your mates in :D

You gotta love the guy! Still a big kid at heart.

Looks like Shane is going to miss the cut by 1 shot for the second week in a row. Disappointing start to the season. Let's hope things pick up from here.

Feel sorry for the lad, second week running missing the cut by 1 single shot. I'm sure he'll be grand this season, its not even February yet.

Then again he is a millionaire in the sunhine of Dubai so maybe I shouldn't feel too sorry for him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

I see he is playing galway bay at the moment with some mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

scrubber72 wrote: »
    I see he is playing galway bay at the moment with some mates.

did he make the cut?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

What is it with Shane and airlines losing his clubs!? Must be infuriating for him.

Shane Lowry ‏@shanelowrygolf
    "Would like to thank @British_Airways for yet again losing my clubs. Ah well at least I didn't pay 4k for my ticket.... Oh wait... I did"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    What is it with Shane and airlines losing his clubs!? Must be infuriating for him.

Shane Lowry ‏@shanelowrygolf
    "Would like to thank @British_Airways for yet again losing my clubs. Ah well at least I didn't pay 4k for my ticket.... Oh wait... I did"

I wonder has he tried putting one of these on the bag:
    The county colours have been keeping Irish bags safe all over the world for decades...

Offaly_Headband.jpg

My own brother flew off to NZ this morning, I was a bit concerned about him until I seen the Mayo headband tied around the bag....he'll be grand.

Yes there was 1000s of those Mayo headbands on the ground in pubs around Drumcondra last September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

Lowry is so small-time.
    What other pro golfer would mention the price of their flight in a tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Lowry is so small-time.

Well if you paid 4k for a flight and they lose your luggage you have a right to be pissed. I'd love to know where all these lost clubs go to, someone working for BA probably has a shed full of club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Lowry is so small-time.

True the big times ones would be getting on their private jets :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

Lowry is so small-time.

Maybe the small timer is on the other end of the quote! Has to be a worry if flying half-way across the world and clubs go A.W.O.L. before the tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Twitter and Lowry dont gel imo.

He comes across as right arse in it.

If he concentrated more on his Golf...........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Twitter and Lowry dont gel imo.

He comes across as right arse in it.

If he concentrated more on his Golf...........

A lot of people come across as d1ckheads on social media ..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

soundsham wrote: »
    A lot of people come across as d1ckheads on social media ..............

And on forums too.......
    The guy is young, Making a living doing what he loves, not doing to bad at it either. Let him at it.

Advertisement