Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

First Up wrote: »
    I'll start taking him seriously as soon as he does.

So a two time winner on tour who has won over €3 million (In Europe) and would easily have kept his card without his exemptions shouldn't be taken seriously?

Comical

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Down to 140 now, dropping 64 places so far this year with no ranking points earned in 8 qualifying events (of which he missed the cut in 6).
    These are our concerns, trending is not good!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

AGC wrote: »
    So a two time winner on tour who has won over €3 million (In Europe) and would easily have kept his card without his exemptions shouldn't be taken seriously?

Comical

He might be referring to a recent article in the Irish Times where he gave the impression that he has not going to take his golf too seriously, or as seriously as he had been. When he plays poorly and makes those kinds of noises, he leaves himself open to a bit of this type of thing. He's young, I'm sure he'll get his head around what mental approach suits him best, to keep his form good and to produce consistent quality golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

He's looking good for some weekend golf, he's +2, one above projected cut line.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Interview with him in yesterday's Sunday Independent, an interesting line: "I come across as easy-going and a lot of people claim to like me for that. But when I hit a bad run of form, like right now, they criticise me for not taking it seriously enough."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Interview with him in yesterday's Sunday Independent, an interesting line: "I come across as easy-going and a lot of people claim to like me for that. But when I hit a bad run of form, like right now, they criticise me for not taking it seriously enough."

What a weird thing to say. Who are the "lots of people" who "claim to like him" and what on earth does it have to do with him being the best golfer he can be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

What a weird thing to say. Who are the "lots of people" who "claim to like him" and what on earth does it have to do with him being the best golfer he can be?

It was terrible article. Nothing that was quoted was given any context and it was a bit about Lowry a bit about the state of the Irish Open and a bit about how Fota has been changed to be more challenging. It was space filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

A good start for a good weekend hopefully, a good finish here and all previous tournaments will be forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Second place on his own at -6. Maybe being back in Europe will kick start his season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Ledgeballs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Come on Lowry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

In 2011 Shane was T4 here earning 191k for his work so it is a course that he likes playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭TrapperChamonix

Very unlucky to have play suspended when you've just had 4 birdies in 5 holes.

Why was play suspendered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Doesn't look like he's taking it seriously though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭TrapperChamonix

Lightening

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He'll be half cut if this delay goes on much longer.

Hope he keeps it to under 6 pints.

PARLance wrote: »
    He'll be half cut if this delay goes on much longer.

Hope he keeps it to under 6 pints.

He's back out and birdied the 16th and 17th...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Lighting again, has the 18th to play and he's at -8

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Lighting again, has the 18th to play and he's at -8

A whole gallon under par. That's good.

• Advertisement

A whole gallon under par. That's good.

All that training is paying off First Up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Wow 10 birdies with 1 to play!!!
    Signs of a return to form last week, good time of the year to click.
    U.S Open qualifying on Monday as well.

Holding it together excellently today.
    Has recovered well since a DB on. 9

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

Birdie birdie finish for -10 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭big_drive

Great stuff, he loves the back nine there.

Nicely done Shano

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Delighted for him, just in from a late round and missed it all on TV but good level headed interview. Keep steady for the weekend now...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Great performance from Shane - kept it together well when things were looking shaky - fair play to him.

His shot game was top class.
    Things could have went south after the double bogey but looked very comfortable. Nice to see a pro visibly enjoying his golf too.

• Advertisement

long way to go yet but would be great to see him get a good result. seems to like the course so it's a mental test more than anything.

Advertisement