Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Kay 02 Dublin

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

8.15, finished at 10.05 last night with a short interval.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Absolutely brilliant last night!! Thought we were going to have to cart my sister off at one point - she was literally crying with laughter. He had Keith Duffy on stage at the beginning as it was a charity show last night. On a side not - Duffy has had his teeth whitened and looks ridiculous.

Kay definitely didnt look unwell last night - he was lively and jumping around the stage. He said at the end that he was actually stuck for words when thanking everyone. 6 nights sold out - 9500 people x 6!!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

DID you hear the one about the comedian who gave €250,000 to charity? :eek:

Irish Indo wrote:
    Peter Kay (37), who last night performed his sixth stand-up gig in a row at the O2 in Dublin, made the donation to Irish Autism Action (IAA).
    Boyzone star Keith Duffy, who is a patron of IAA, said he was "flabbergasted" by the funnyman's donation.
    "What a heart Peter Kay has. Words can't describe how generous it is of him to do this. Peter could have sold out three more nights at the 02 but he decided to add one more night so he could donate the money to charity.
    "This is a phenomenal thing to do, especially as it's in a different country to his own," Duffy told the Irish Independent.
    Full story: Irish Indo

I was just saying to the Mrs as we were waiting for the show to start the other night that he must be making a nice few bob by playing 6 sell out nights at the O2. What a gesture to turn around and just give 1/4 of a million of it to charity.

Bravo Peter Kay!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Scotty # wrote: »
    DID you hear the one about the comedian who gave €250,000 to charity? :eek:

Full story: Irish Indo

I was just saying to the Mrs as we were waiting for the show to start the other night that he must be making a nice few bob by playing 6 sell out nights at the O2. What a gesture to turn around and just give 1/4 of a million of it to charity.

Bravo Peter Kay!!!!

Ah thats fantastic. Fair play to him. Not many who would do that. I was at his show on Friday and I thought I was going to collapse I was laughing that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Ah what a show last night.. Fantastic..

Great thing doing it for charity.. O2 owner said all staff last night works for free too so no costs for running the night.. Boss of certain unnamed promotions company was on stage too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Prices were crazy for stuff in the O2.

You got that right -

275ml Smirnoff Vodka Ice - €7.00

500ml Carlsberg bottle - €6.50

Vodka Short - €5.50
    Dash (poured from a 2 litre bottle of coke) - €2.00

Absolute robbers in the o2, captive audience, hate to think what the prices of food were.

Bring your own drink i say !
    I was also at the show last night - you are right - he only performed for a little over an hour all in all. Very funny but maybe he should have had some back up - for me it was hardly worth the drive and the money for that amount of time!

My thoughts exactly, 18 months wait, 100 euro for 2 tickets and 200 mile roundtrip drive.:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Is it just me or does anyone else think he looks unwell?
    Have to admit that I thought that too. He has that look in his eyes of someone who's had drastic weight loss but he hasn't lost any. Hopefully it was just the couple of us who noticed that. :P

I know he's on the large side - he even makes reference to it himself... But he actually looked sick when I was there on Friday. We were sitting 3 rows from the stage in the centre of the row so he was more or less right in front of us for the whole show. He was very pale, dark circles around the eyes. Just looked 'tired' in general.
    vicwatson wrote: »
    You got that right -

Vodka Short - €5.50

Absolute robbers in the o2, captive audience, hate to think what the prices of food were.

My thoughts exactly, 18 months wait, 100 euro for 2 tickets and 200 mile roundtrip drive.:(:(

To be expected with the O2 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You got that right -

Vodka Short - €5.50

I spent €21.50 at the 02. €6.60 for the Luas return tickets and €59 for the hotel.

€87.10
    €96.75 for the tickets
    _______

€183.85

Had I saved 34c per day...................:)

No regrets. Heck, myself and the missus never get out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

You got that right -

Vodka Short - €5.50
    Dash (poured from a 2 litre bottle of coke) - €2.00(

they only charge that because people pay it. if people voted with their feet and didn't buy drinks then they'd have to reduce their prices. remember the old saying? "a fool and their money are easily departed"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It really annoys me when I seem to be one of the few people at concerts etc. who have any self-control when it comes to paying ridiculous prices for things, and I'm a fat bastard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,818 ✭✭✭✭Basq

amacachi wrote: »
    It really annoys me when I seem to be one of the few people at concerts etc. who have any self-control when it comes to paying ridiculous prices for things, and I'm a fat bastard
    I'm the same.. I wasn't paying 6.50 for a lukewarm bottle of Carlsberg.

Had a couple in The Gibson before going over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,489 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Whatever about the drinks prices, did you see the merchandise stall? €35 for a towel???

Or did anyone see you could buy "a signed lithograph" (essentially a signed print to those not in the though) for the knock-down price of €60!!

Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Basq wrote: »
    I'm the same.. I wasn't paying 6.50 for a lukewarm bottle of Carlsberg.

Had a couple in The Gibson before going over.

Ah you live and learn. Might book into The Gibson for the next event. Michael McIntyre. November 2012.

Sit in my room drinking tins before heading over. :D
    Whatever about the drinks prices.

Anyone see you could buy "a signed lithograph" (essentially a signed print to those not in the though) for the knock-down price of €60!!

Ridiculous.

Commented on the other crap for sale. Missus getting excited about a €20 t-shirt that you can get printed for around €3 anywhere else. All it said was "Garlic Bread, it's the future" or some other crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,818 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Berty wrote: »
    Ah you live and learn. Might book into The Gibson for the next event. Michael McIntyre. November 2012.
    Yeah, thinking about going to that gig too actually.

Definitely book in.. superb hotel and very handy if you're going to The O2!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

4e for a tub of ben and jerry's, shared was the value in relative terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

they only charge that because people pay it. if people voted with their feet and didn't buy drinks then they'd have to reduce their prices. remember the old saying? "a fool and their money are easily departed"

Did I say I bought them?;)
    To be expected with the O2 tbh.

Don't make it right though, people who don't frequent there very often should know to go prepared, rip off Ireland !

Advertisement