Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Kay 02 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

he was unreal on the late late

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Friday night.
    Post-Kay drinks so?
    If it was any other comedian I would have searched for another seat! But Peter Kay is a teddy bear. You should check out Frankie Boyle! Jesus he'd tear you a new arsehole.
    Very true.. any comedian bar Peter Kay would rip you apart!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

basquille wrote: »
    Post-Kay drinks so?

You've tempted me good sir, see ya in April 2011!! :p:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Seat location: section FLAT, row A, seats 39-40

From reading the seating chart my seats look like dead centre front row? Or am I deluding myself?
    As MagicMarker says, if it was any other comedian I'd be shaking going in, but I think the worst Peter Kay would do would be to get a sing song going or something!

You've tempted me good sir, see ya in April 2011!! :p:(
    My liver will be well and truly destroyed by then.. so you'll have to drink it for me!

;)
    SkidMark wrote: »
    Seat location: section FLAT, row A, seats 39-40

From reading the seating chart my seats look like dead centre front row? Or am I deluding myself?
    Yep. You're right.. dead centre, front row! :D

Just to whet everyone's appetite... my first upload to YouTube a few years back, and almost a million views.. if only it was original:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I had tickets for Belfast which I sold for enough to pay for my tickets for Dublin. :D

I am in Row 9 right in front of the stage. I have 4 tickets.

Its just a crying shame I have to wait until April 2011 to see him. I just showed his youtube clips from the Late Late Show to my OH. She love's him and is upset that she has to wait so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sullycork

anyone selling any pls pls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Why on earth are the tickets out so early? I thought it was ridiculous enough buying Eddie Izzard ones for tonight in March, but 1.5 years in advance? :confused:

WindSock wrote: »
    Why on earth are the tickets out so early? I thought it was ridiculous enough buying Eddie Izzard ones for tonight in March, but 1.5 years in advance? :confused:

I suspect because there was so much interest in the UK league of the tour he needed to add more dates which he did by adding Glasgow, Belfast etc. I bought tickets for these but his Dublin tour was not released until he said it on the Late Late Show. Belfast is not until December but the next dates are Dublin in April. Why not Jan,Feb or March is a mystery to me?

But if he sold his tickets long after the hype ended from people googling for tickets then he may not have sold as many.

I sold my Belfast tickets and I'm holding onto my Dublin tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sullycork

ya i went in lookin for 4 tickets today and they were all gone but the girl did say that there was single seats scattered around but need 4 together

• Advertisement

sullycork wrote: »
    ya i went in lookin for 4 tickets today and they were all gone but the girl did say that there was single seats scattered around but need 4 together

There's loads on Ebay. These one's are not a bad price.

€48 each face value.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/2-x-PETER-KAY-Dublin-FRI-29th-April-2011-GREAT-VIEW_W0QQitemZ370306629711QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item5637fec04f

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

There's a show on Monday now as well, looking at Ticketbastard. Not on sale yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

is it just me or are the added date tkts not on sale yet even though it says they would be on sale from 11am ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

never mind just got 2

Peter has just announced he's doing a couple of warm-up gigs for the new tour in the UK.. with proceeds going to the Haiti Relief Fund.

http://www.seetickets.com/gigsandtours/kucr7crE/

Guess we'll know the census on his new material next Wednesday morning. Of course his show will obviously change between now and when he plays here next June but it will be interesting to see how he takes to his first stand-up gigs after all these years.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Can't believe I miseed this.
    If anyone happens to be selling 2 tickets for any night, at any point, send me a pm.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

The-Rigger wrote: »
    If anyone happens to be selling 2 tickets for any night, at any point, send me a pm.

Lol, I bought these ages ago, could only get the second tier 3 mins into the presale! no chance anyone will give them up id say.

Lol, I bought these ages ago, could only get the second tier 3 mins into the presale! no chance anyone will give them up id say.

I'd have to go and look for mine but I know I have 4 tickets for row 9 right in front of the stage. Got them pre-sale as well through a link on the Peter Kay fan club / facebook(cant remember which).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The-Rigger wrote: »

Post again closer to the time if you still need them, I got a pair for the Friday and the Saturday night for me and a mate but it's on around our exams so we might both go the same night leaving me two spare or we may have to go on different nights with other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Berty wrote: »
    I'd have to go and look for mine but I know I have 4 tickets for row 9 right in front of the stage. Got them pre-sale as well through a link on the Peter Kay fan club / facebook(cant remember which).

I would love to swap, if you aren't keen in being heckled?!

• Advertisement

I'm in the front row :D

I'll accept any blank cheques.

I would love to swap, if you aren't keen in being heckled?!

Ummm NOPE!

I hope you get a crick(sp) in your neck. :D

Berty wrote: »
    Ummm NOPE!

I hope you get a crick(sp) in your neck. :D
    I'm going to wear a giant top hat just for you 9th rower. :pac:

I'm going to wear a giant top hat just for you 9th rower. :pac:

Tell me your seat number so I know which head to throw the popcorn at. :D

Cool, that sounds cheap, just a entirely blank cheque!
    amacachi wrote: »
    Post again closer to the time if you still need them, I got a pair for the Friday and the Saturday night for me and a mate but it's on around our exams so we might both go the same night leaving me two spare or we may have to go on different nights with other people.

Thanks, will do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Bit of a bump

Anyone hear any feedback of the preview gigs or the early tour dates ( has it started yet??? )

Bit of a bump

Anyone hear any feedback of the preview gigs or the early tour dates ( has it started yet??? )
    Reviews are out there.. google them!

And most seem quite positive about it... I'm staying clear of them however as they do reveal little bits of material here and there. I prefer to be suprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭brick tamland

basquille wrote: »
    Reviews are out there.. google them!

And most seem quite positive about it... I'm staying clear of them however as they do reveal little bits of material here and there. I prefer to be suprised!

Cheers

I've being advoiding google for that very reason. Just hoping to hear some good feedback really

Dublin being at the end of the tour is probably a good thing, Normally a comedy tour improves as it runs

Some good news for The-Rigger..
    The comedian has added another date to his 2011 tour, with all proceeds going to Irish Autism Action

Due to demand, Peter Kay has added an impressive sixth date at The O2, Dublin. The Bolton born comic will perform a sixth and final date at The O2, Dublin on Tuesday May 3, 2011.

Kay is the only British artist to ever play twenty consecutive sold out nights in an arena, and with over one million tickets sold in more than one hundred arenas for this series of dates, it is now officially the biggest stand-up comedy tour in the world.

Tickets for this sixth date, priced €44.20 including booking fee, will go on sale next Thursday, November 18 at 9am.

All proceeds from this show will go to Irish Autism Action - an organisation formed in 2001, which is aims to bring positive change into the lives of those affected by autism.

• Advertisement

Thank you Basquille!

Advertisement