Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Kay 02 Dublin

Options
  • 05-12-2009 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Dates announced for April 29th and 30th and May 1st 2011

they have announced them far enough in advance anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I bought my tickets for the Odyssey in Belfast because I couldn't get London tickets. Now they have released the Dublin dates I have my Belfast tickets for sale.

I am able to buy tickets 2 hours earlier than the General public tomorrow morning so I know I will get them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭brick tamland

not sure if this is allowed but pre-sale tickets available here now( no codes or anything needed )

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/ak2gse

mod feel free to remove if its not

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got 2 tickets for the Friday night.. row 16!

Sweet!

Far too long to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

basquille wrote: »
    Got 2 tickets for the Friday night.. row 16!

Sweet!

Far too long to wait!

Year & 1/2 to look forward to it. lol

Is that row 16 of the flat seating you got?
    I'm going Sat night, 2nd row of the lower tier and I was on at 9:02.
    I didn't try the other nights though.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Year & 1/2 to look forward to it. lol
    Tis a bit mad alright!
    H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Is that row 16 of the flat seating you got?
    I'm going Sat night, 2nd row of the lower tier and I was on at 9:02.
    I didn't try the other nights though.
    No, it's row 16 and Block B of Tiered Seating (probably close to where I've indicated below). Am happy enough with it.

12901s.gif

I could have booked them Saturday (priority tickets for O2 Blueroom) didn't actually bother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Block A, I think row 13 for the Sunday. Bit annoyed it's not in front of the stage. Got two for Saturday as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I got floor level row p and the seem to be very central for Sunday night.

Delighted with the tickets, if only it wasnt so far away. Its a bank holiday sunday too so can enjoy a few pints at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ruthkell

Got tickets for the Friday night - Block G - Number 28 188 and 187 - Are these good enough seats, are they tiered seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

ruthkell wrote: »
    Got tickets for the Friday night - Block G - Number 28 188 and 187 - Are these good enough seats, are they tiered seats?
    You'd be about where the green circle is (see attached).

Looking forward to it... although he has his haters and even I'm not a huge fan of his latest TV efforts, he's a superb stand-up. Though this tour will make or break him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I nearly bought these for my hubbie for christmas, 2011...thats just mad,
    I just put back two tickets for sunday,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

You'd be about where the green circle is (see attached).

Looking forward to it... although he has his haters and even I'm not a huge fan of his latest TV efforts, he's a superb stand-up. Though this tour will make or break him.

Out of interest, why will this tour make or break him?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

4 or 5 years ago I would have moved heaven and earth to see him but now I couldnt be bothered. The fact it is so far away is one factor but his performance on the Late Late the other night was the clincher. To be still telling the same jokes 6/7 years after his last tour sums him up. Badly needs to find some new material and freshen up his act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Got tickets in the A block for the Friday. I know it's ages away but he's a comic I've always wanted to see so I can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Is it just me or are the dates wrong on ticketmaster.ie?? they seem to have the days as thurs fri and sat....shud it be fri sat and sunday??

Noffles wrote: »
    Out of interest, why will this tour make or break him?
    Well.. it's more of an opinion than an actual statement.

But I'd say the majority of people going to see him live are fans of his stand-up, That Peter Kay Thing and Phoenix Nights and not so much of his television and musical efforts of late ('Britain's Got The..' etc).

The tour is selling very very well.. so it's certainly a commercial success, but whether audiences will think the same is to be determined!
    Qprmeath wrote: »
    To be still telling the same jokes 6/7 years after his last tour sums him up. Badly needs to find some new material and freshen up his act.
    Don't know.. he did say he was still writing it.

At the end of the day.. he can't go out there and do the same show. It's inevitable there'll be callbacks to his older material, I'd expect that.

jj72 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the dates wrong on ticketmaster.ie?? they seem to have the days as thurs fri and sat....shud it be fri sat and sunday??

Dates are now Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday

jj72 wrote: »

Ticketmaster have Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. He added the Thursday as an extra date.

He's already added an extra date? :eek:

As I said in another thread, he sold out 20 dates in Manchester in under an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

The Friday night for me and already I can't wait.

Pity it wasn't next Thursday though-a few laughs might be just what we'll all need then:(:(

• Advertisement

He's already added an extra date? :eek:

As I said in another thread, he sold out 20 dates in Manchester in under an hour.

Yeah it's mad. I logged on on Saturday via the O2 priority thingy and tried for the Saturday and the best available were close to the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Got 5 tickets. I think his shows in Manchester are this April, so I'll have plenty of time to sell them if he gets bad reviews

18 months to wait is crazy though. I text a friend of mine to tell him I got 5 tickets for the May 2011 show. He text back saying he can pay me for them out of his pension :D

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Ticketmaster have Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. He added the Thursday as an extra date.

Ah yes ignore my stoopid question....i was a year out on my calendar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

I got 2 tickets in Block H Row 51 seats 37 & 38
    anyone know where that it ???

12901s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

I know the seat plan but for the life of me I cant figure it out !!!!

Now Im lookin for Block F row 29 !!

I don't know how people find the seating chart so hard to figure out.. tis fecking easy!

The letters in each coloured block indicate the block (A - P), the numbers along the far-left of each of the row of blocks indicate the row (1 - 20, 21 - 32, 33 - 37) and the numbers indicated on each corner of the block indicate the seat numbers that reside there.

Ya-Boy-Ya - Block F, Row 29 is near the back of the Red F Block in the diagram above, . Block H, Row 51 is the very back of the seating area.. it should be at the back of the second H block in from the left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So yeah, it pays to buy single tickets folks. Bought one today at about 12.30.

Flat Seating, Front Row:D

SUCKAHS!

Front row at a comedian? You well? Hope he rips the sh*t outta ya, MM! :D

Which night you going?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Front row at a comedian? You well? Hope he rips the sh*t outta ya, MM! :D

Which night you going?

:D

Friday night.

If it was any other comedian I would have searched for another seat! But Peter Kay is a teddy bear. You should check out Frankie Boyle! Jesus he'd tear you a new arsehole.

Advertisement