Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Kay 02 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

People drink beer at working class comic shocker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭EraseAndRewind

ah theres no prob with people having a few drinks -we had some orsleves its the fact that the crowd around us were absolutly b*lloxed -shouting falling down spilling drinks etc

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I don't get the gig was too short complaints.

Almost an hour and a half is too short for a comedy gig?

I've been to absolutely ton of comedy gigs and it's the norm.. been to some that are shorter and some that are longer.

Yes, it was €50 but it's the norm for the O2. You go to Vicar Street, you pay €20 - €35 normally for a comedy gig but that goes with the smaller venue.

His live DVD's are only 85 minutes.. how long did people expect? The interval after 30 minutes was silly to be honest though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭EraseAndRewind

i hear you basq when u put it like that the length makes sense -my biggest issue would be the interval after just 30 mins i mean come on that was just taking the p*ss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

i hear you basq when u put it like that the length makes sense -my biggest issue would be the interval after just 30 mins i mean come on that was just taking the p*ss
    That's possibly at the request of the O2. Get the bars closed early, let staff get home...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Scotty # wrote: »
    That's possibly at the request of the O2. Get the bars closed early, let staff get home...
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

I'm sure a search on Twitter for the tour will reveal whether it was a normal occurrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

The early break could also be an attempt to reduce the amount of people getting up for the loo during the show... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Scotty # wrote: »

I think you're right there. I remember being at a Dara O'Briain gig and he said that he was taking an interval because its "the law" that you take an interval at shows or something like that. He agreed it was stupid but said it wasn't his choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

I went last night and throughly enjoyed the show. The bits about Sky Plus and the Gypsy Wedding were hilarious.

Didnt really see many people moving around during show. Most waited until interval, myself included, to wait and go get another drink etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭jclally

Great show. My only criticism would be the lack of a support act. Billy Connolly did the same on a recent tour as well. At the price of these tickets, someone is making a lot of money; what harm to give some lesser known comedian a few quid to 1) give the audience better value and 2) give opportunities to less famous comedians.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Seen him on thurdsday night great show that piece about the sky+ was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Going on Tuesday, the length doesn't bother me, but a 30 minute interval after 30 minutes? I'm not there to drink and I don't smoke so that's just 30 minutes of being entirely bored.

I can't imagine that interval is there for any other reason than the organisers put it in so that people will purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Just watched the Big Fat Royal Gypsy Wedding we had sky+ed from Thursday and pi**ed ourselves laughing at it. Sitting there taking off Peter Kay and annoying the kids:p

(although was I the only one to find the sister a bit of alright??)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

Was at Sunday night and quite enjoyed it. Not brilliant by any means but definitely worth seeing.

Regarding some of the complaints around the O2, did anyone else find the smell of all that popcorn disgusting? That smell is one of the reasons why I never go into my local Xtravision - and maybe some others, feel the same way, by the looks of recent developments.

Also the floor was sticky and dirty from the spilled drink (and popcorn, I presume!).

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Just watched the Big Fat Royal Gypsy Wedding we had sky+ed from Thursday and pi**ed ourselves laughing at it. Sitting there taking off Peter Kay and annoying the kids:p

(although was I the only one to find the sister a bit of alright??)

.... and the reaction of the audience to this section of the show was borderline racist!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

just in from the show
    loved it
    maybe a bit short
    but it was top quality
    fantastic comedy gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Going on Tuesday, the length doesn't bother me, but a 30 minute interval after 30 minutes? I'm not there to drink and I don't smoke so that's just 30 minutes of being entirely bored.

I can't imagine that interval is there for any other reason than the organisers put it in so that people will purchase.

Interval wasn't that long tonight anyway, 15-20 minutes.

Also he finished at about 10 tonight I think, not sure if the total time was much over an hour.

Good night though. And FFS people use spoilers, punchlines being ruined left right and centre on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Was at the show tonight too, was about an 8:15 start, interval and 8:50 and back and 9:10 and finished around 9:50. Felt very short but it was a great show. Prices were crazy for stuff in the O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

best place for parking 2night?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

We were there last night, parked in the Convention Centre for evening rate of 9euro... about 10min walk to O2, no delay getting out... hear it can be brutal to get out of the O2 carpark which is 10euro. Think the I.F.S.C. is only 5euro evening rate so you won't be stuck.

Enjoy the show :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

but1er wrote: »
    best place for parking 2night?

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.344134,-6.226539&spn=0.00252,0.006292&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.344434,-6.226936&panoid=bjpKSom3iG0OkrnLwQCDOw&cbp=12,324.97,,0,17.24

i parked here. across the bridge from the o2. loads more parked there. no problems either.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cutevelvet

bazual wrote: »
    Was at the show tonight too, was about an 8:15 start, interval and 8:50 and back and 9:10 and finished around 9:50. Felt very short but it was a great show. Prices were crazy for stuff in the O2.

I was also at the show last night - you are right - he only performed for a little over an hour all in all. Very funny but maybe he should have had some back up - for me it was hardly worth the drive and the money for that amount of time! I wonder if its like that every night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

I parked in Ringsend. No problems and no traffic issues getting out either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

parked eastwall road beside pizza max no bodger

show was just a little show

funnyest show ever and the encore unreal DONT LEAVE!!! like some people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tinbasher100

Was there last night, have to say a bit disappointed. As people have said a short show, and a feeling have heard a lot of material before. He was very funny but was left with a feeling of 'is that it!'

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Went last night. Thought he was brilliant. He did over an hour must have been near 80 mins, which is standard with comedians. Ricky Gervais was shorter.

Laughed my ass off all night. Great ending too. Well worth the 40 odd euro and the 18 month wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Is it just me or does anyone else think he looks unwell?

I know he's on the large side - he even makes reference to it himself... But he actually looked sick when I was there on Friday. We were sitting 3 rows from the stage in the centre of the row so he was more or less right in front of us for the whole show. He was very pale, dark circles around the eyes. Just looked 'tired' in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Is it just me or does anyone else think he looks unwell?

I know he's on the large side - he even makes reference to it himself... But he actually looked sick when I was there on Friday. We were sitting 3 rows from the stage in the centre of the row so he was more or less right in front of us for the whole show. He was very pale, dark circles around the eyes. Just looked 'tired' in general.

He definitely needs to lose some weight although he appears a bit lighter from when he was on the late late last year. I'd say he is just wrecked from doing consecutive shows. He seemed to be coughing a bit last night so he could be down with a cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Well Im going tonight so will keep an eye on the time etc. Woo hoooo!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ECar

Goin to Peter Kay tonight at o2 just wanted 2know what time he comes on stage ?thanks

Advertisement